Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Server maintenance times

• enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    HarryWolfe wrote: »
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail2/a_id/4320

the other thread i am having an argument with...
    Go have an argument with yourself, just leave.
  • evilhomer504b14_ESO
    Sooon...Sooon...
    The guy who grabbed the name Razum-dar first
  • pad11
    pad11
    ✭✭✭
    HiveStar wrote: »
    MardukAU wrote: »
    For all the ppl bitchin... Welcome to first week of new MMO's. If you dont like it wait a month next time before you buy a game so they can sort out the prob's first.

You just want to be the only one with a mudcrab. >:(

My mudcrab kind of creeps me out! HA! bizarre chittering noises...always follows me around...smells like circus folks...creepy....
  • Spiritwolf
    Here's some entertainment for your pleasure:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=FjVr5MZgYW0
    Edited by Spiritwolf on April 2, 2014 9:21AM
  • sampaku
    sampaku
    ✭✭
    Z0MBiEjaw wrote: »
    arrested-development-s4-gifs.jpg

me irl

What is that.... crystal... pirate hook... hand... thing?

• Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭

me irl

Is he wearing a bib?
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • Z0MBiEjaw
    Z0MBiEjaw
    ✭✭✭
    Spiritwolf wrote: »

Forum Formatting: 1 | Spiritwolf: 0
    Luminous beings, are we; not this crude matter.
  • Fugaciouslee
    Fugaciouslee
    Soul Shriven
    Arrested Development.
  • anthemik
    anthemik
    Thank god, I finally got a giantess to take my place on these forums so I could go to sleep. Night all.
  • Z0MBiEjaw
    Z0MBiEjaw
    ✭✭✭
    sampaku wrote: »

me irl

What is that.... crystal... pirate hook... hand... thing?

a seal bit it off i don't like talking about it ok
    Luminous beings, are we; not this crude matter.
  • Unmatched
    Unmatched
    ✭✭✭
    anthemik wrote: »
    Thank god, I finally got a giantess to take my place on these forums so I could go to sleep. Night all.

Wife taking over?
    Bacon and Skyrim....but mostly bacon....and a lawnmower
  • Arcinate
    Arcinate
    DODACHOK
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭

Your *** on the keyboard doesn't count as a giantess, good try.
  • Thelrok
    Thelrok
    ✭✭✭
    Just curious, for the people who are clearly so frustrated about the server downtime and the fact it's out of beta,

What do you suggest if a gamebreaking bug is found after the beta? If beta is supposed to fix EVERYTHING, have you ever written up a proof for a program?
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    Unmatched wrote: »

Wife taking over?

LOLOL
    Ulyn Andrano

Ebonheart Pact
  • DarkoDon
    DarkoDon
    ✭✭
    1. No it's not. Happens every mmo and will continue. There's no way to change that FACT there, so stop trying.

2. Agree with you there. But it was just the most recent example.

3. You got what you paid for. Your playing the game early. (5 days or 3 days, whatever you paid for.) The game has only been down for maybe a total of 8-10 hours in the 60 hours it has been since early release.

4. Your posting your dissatisfaction on the forums for all these people who can't do a thing for you seems either unproductive or a cry for attention. If you are dissatisfied so much, write an email, make some calls, hire a lawyer, or just plain quit the game and don't come back. Posting here is doing changing nothing concerning your dissatisfaction. This isn't the developers "plain" blunders. I'm pretty sure you don't develop games...give it a shot.

** On a side note, we pay $15 a month on top of innitial purchase. Are you saying you don't want our money going to fixes/extra content? I hate to pay $15 a month for them to just sit back and you get what you get. Nice to see my money going to good use.

1. Yes, it is irrelevant because I didn't pay 60 dollars to them. They are not held accountable for Zenimax's failures.

3. Game shouldn't be going down in early release for such long periods of time. Also, it's unreasonable to expect a grown adult that actually works for a living to be available for all 60 of those hours.

a.) devs have posted in this thread
    b.) threads by nature are cries for attention
    c.) If I am dissatisfied I can voice my opinion or do whatever I so please. Whether that be post on a forum or cancel my order.
    d.) I don't have to develop games to call them out for their nonsense after I'm paying them $60. It's called being the consumer.

**On a side note, yes I want fixes and extra content, but how about postponing the nonessentials until AFTER the early access period we were promised. This five hour bugfix is unreasonable during EARLY ACCESS. I wouldn't really care if it were after early access.

Never said you couldn't post your vent here. Just saying it's irrelevant.

And if you played other AAA mmo's, you paid 60. This isn't the first time it's happened to you. So I guess my question is...why do people start these threads? I'm asking that for real. Just why?
  • Cerec
    Cerec
    ✭✭
    Btw, there was a new dev posting in this thread indicating that they would post an ETA when possible: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/509206.

I interpret this to mean that they currently have no clue how to fix whatever is the problem and either need more time to figure it out...or, need to wait on the person that DOES know how to fix it to wake up and come to work tomorrow.
  • Leeta
    Leeta
    ✭✭✭
    Leeta wrote: »
    Just because you're home and can play but servers is down isnt 'missing playtime'. What do you call it when youre at work or out shopping or just doing other stuff? Or when you do other things and and not able to play but servers is down while you're at work for example? Thats missing playtime as well but you wouldnt call it that then would you?

That is exactly what missing playtime is. And, yes if I am at work I call it the same. Semantic arguments are the weakest logically speaking.

So when youre at work you want some compensation for missing playtime??
  • ulgrenn
    ulgrenn
    ulgrenn wrote: »
    Leeta wrote: »
    I will never understand why people say they get shafted and they should be reimbursed for missing playtime when servers are down. What exactly is 'missing playtime'?? Just because you're home and can play but servers is down isn't 'missing playtime'. What do you call it when you're at work or out shopping or just doing other stuff? Or when you do other things and and not able to play but servers is down while you're at work for example? Thats missing playtime as well but you wouldn't call it that then would you?

There i fixed your grammer for you, your welcome
    ... I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

I figured with all the hate posts a little comic relief was in order i hope you laughed.
    ULGRENN
  • Delekii
    Delekii
    ✭✭
    Sarenia wrote: »
    Delekii wrote: »

I have, but you have no reason to believe me anyway. Rebutt the argument, not the point.

A guy a few posts back mentioned this, but I'll reiterate it; if it's a software/patch related issue, it should have been worked on on offline servers before live servers were touched.

Then you should know any suitably complex system _will_ behave in unexpected ways. It's an elementary fact of software development or server administration at any level.

Your 100 line script you put on GitHub may work flawlessly on 5 linux machines you tested it with, only to break on somebody's Gentoo install because they riced their compile settings.

I'm just offering perspective, because I have nothing to do myself while waiting for the server to come up. Don't shoot the messenger, just offering something a little more objective and useful than the usual "ARRR BAD ZOS IS BAD" posts here, based on my limited personal experience.

They aren't testing on their own machines and having it break on someone else's machines; they are within a fully enclosed system that they have total control over and have had throughout beta. If their test servers don't mirror their live servers in literally every way, then again, "mistakes were made".

Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying they should bring up the servers right now - if there is such a problem, then it should certainly be fixed. Just don't be all happy happy lah lah about someone screwing up.

If there is a public company that I wish more companies would model themselves after in regards to all facets of server maintenance, its Grinding Gear Games (who run Path of Exile). It's not quite the same since it's an ARPG, but persistently online ARPGs share a lot of basic elements with MMOs. There if very little maintenance, which is usually announced well in advanced, and when it can't be, they document the process in great detail as it unravels. You know exactly what's going on, why the server is down, and how the recovery process is going. Not only is the server stability generally amazing, but any problems that do crop up lead to an unprecedented level of communication. All this from a game that is free to play.

This is what I want and expect from all persistent server online game developers. Stability, communicability, accountability. There has never been a time where there was a problem with PoE that I thought to myself "bloody GGG, they don't know what they are doing".
    Edited by Delekii on April 2, 2014 9:24AM
  • SkadiSnow
    SkadiSnow
    I'm sure that as soon as I turn off my PC and go to bed, the servers will come back online. Must... not...give....up.....
  • evilhomer504b14_ESO
    Why did I drink an entire redline before the servers went down, no sleep for this one.
    The guy who grabbed the name Razum-dar first
  • FTWhitledge
    Thelrok wrote: »
    Just curious, for the people who are clearly so frustrated about the server downtime and the fact it's out of beta,

What do you suggest if a gamebreaking bug is found after the beta? If beta is supposed to fix EVERYTHING, have you ever written up a proof for a program?

The problem is that there was not ENOUGH beta testing. One of the smallest/shortest beta tests I've seen for a large scale MMO.
  • sithlord24
    whats the play button on main screen for anybody know
  • kearnstarb14_ESO

I'd suggest that they look at themselves hard in the mirror

The sheep technicians, that is.

Before we *** them from behind.

If you don't understand this post, keep up
    Token Drunk Aussie #1
  • Medgirlpts_ESO
    Medgirlpts_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This forum is addicting...I've totally forgotten why we are all here. Some big party right? ;)
    Ceridai <3 Healing Mage <3
    --The Downtime Defenders --
    - Aldmeri Dominion -
  • HeXCalibur
    HeXCalibur
    ✭✭
    grimnitz wrote: »
    Somewhere on Tamriel our technicians are hard at work on the servers...1537780_765550776797040_1002164382_o.jpg

What do you call a sheep tied to a tree in New Zealand?

A Playstation ... :|
    Member of House Annunaki - The Vampire Guild
    Member of Knights Of ESO - The South African Social Guild on the NA Servers
    South Africa | Ebonheart Pact | Dragon Knight
  • sampaku
    sampaku
    ✭✭

The people you are referring to, who are complaining excessively, have no concept of what is actually going on. They don't understand programming. They just aren't getting what they want and are, as a result, throwing a fit. Your logic has no power over them.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarenia wrote: »

I have, but you have no reason to believe me anyway. Rebutt the argument, not the point.

A guy a few posts back mentioned this, but I'll reiterate it; if it's a software/patch related issue, it should have been worked on on offline servers before live servers were touched.

Then you should know any suitably complex system _will_ behave in unexpected ways.

They aren't testing on their own machines and having it break on someone else's machines

In english, this is called an analogy.

It's a means to explain a complex topic using simple terminology that anybody can understand.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    DarkoDon wrote: »
    1. No it's not. Happens every mmo and will continue. There's no way to change that FACT there, so stop trying.

2. Agree with you there. But it was just the most recent example.

3. You got what you paid for. Your playing the game early. (5 days or 3 days, whatever you paid for.) The game has only been down for maybe a total of 8-10 hours in the 60 hours it has been since early release.

4. Your posting your dissatisfaction on the forums for all these people who can't do a thing for you seems either unproductive or a cry for attention. If you are dissatisfied so much, write an email, make some calls, hire a lawyer, or just plain quit the game and don't come back. Posting here is doing changing nothing concerning your dissatisfaction. This isn't the developers "plain" blunders. I'm pretty sure you don't develop games...give it a shot.

** On a side note, we pay $15 a month on top of innitial purchase. Are you saying you don't want our money going to fixes/extra content? I hate to pay $15 a month for them to just sit back and you get what you get. Nice to see my money going to good use.

1. Yes, it is irrelevant because I didn't pay 60 dollars to them. They are not held accountable for Zenimax's failures.

3. Game shouldn't be going down in early release for such long periods of time. Also, it's unreasonable to expect a grown adult that actually works for a living to be available for all 60 of those hours.

a.) devs have posted in this thread
    b.) threads by nature are cries for attention
    c.) If I am dissatisfied I can voice my opinion or do whatever I so please. Whether that be post on a forum or cancel my order.
    d.) I don't have to develop games to call them out for their nonsense after I'm paying them $60. It's called being the consumer.

**On a side note, yes I want fixes and extra content, but how about postponing the nonessentials until AFTER the early access period we were promised. This five hour bugfix is unreasonable during EARLY ACCESS. I wouldn't really care if it were after early access.

Never said you couldn't post your vent here. Just saying it's irrelevant.

And if you played other AAA mmo's, you paid 60. This isn't the first time it's happened to you. So I guess my question is...why do people start these threads? I'm asking that for real. Just why?

Boredom of course.
    Ulyn Andrano

Ebonheart Pact