Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Server maintenance times

• Reventius
    Reventius
    ✭✭
    I've been spending nearly every waking hour immersed in eso since early access started. So I kind of view this as a welcomed break. Time to preform maintenance on my life... play every nyan cat video at once.
    Edited by Reventius on April 2, 2014 9:02AM
    For The Covenant!

"I made the CV for each
    a character with a story comes to life
    without it, it is like the spoon in the cupboard"

-Azurya
  • Unmatched
    Unmatched
    ✭✭✭
    Leeta wrote: »
    I will never understand why people say they get shafted and they should be reimburst for missing playtime when servers are down. What exactly is 'missing playtime'?? Just because you're home and can play but servers is down isnt 'missing playtime'. What do you call it when youre at work or out shopping or just doing other stuff? Or when you do other things and and not able to play but servers is down while you're at work for example? Thats missing playtime as well but you wouldnt call it that then would you?

Well said. I think some people gauge missed playtime as the opportunity to play, but can't due to emergency server maintenance. I think they just need to eat a calm-me-down cookie.
    Bacon and Skyrim....but mostly bacon....and a lawnmower
  • Thelrok
    Thelrok
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who is very proficient in programming and running a server, I'm just going to throw this out there, debugging sucks unless you're on your Ballmer Peak. There are hundreds of thousands of lines of code to this game I'd wager, and the programmers have to know every inch of it in and out. "Idiot Proofing" the code is almost impossible for something this large, no matter how much testing has been done.
    Edited by Thelrok on April 2, 2014 9:01AM
  • Taven
    Taven
    ✭✭✭
    Just because you're home and can play but servers is down isnt 'missing playtime'.
    That's pretty much 100% missing playtime....
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cerec wrote:

I do not recall this happening with Rift.

strange. I also beta tested Rift and joined it during their early release (they called it "Head Start").

There were threads just like this one complaining about downtime. Google can show you some, make sure to filter by date.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Unmatched
    Unmatched
    ✭✭✭
    ahonma_ESO wrote: »
    joshweps wrote: »
    Totally off topic guys but is there a /spit? lol that was my fav in wow

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Emotes

This page is now a screenshot/background on my secondary screen.
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will never understand why people say they get shafted and they should be reimburst for missing playtime when servers are down. What exactly is 'missing playtime'?? Just because you're home and can play but servers is down isnt 'missing playtime'. What do you call it when youre at work or out shopping or just doing other stuff? Or when you do other things and and not able to play but servers is down while you're at work for example? Thats missing playtime as well but you wouldnt call it that then would you?

That would require logic and common sense. Have you read this thread?
  • Rukur
    Rukur
    ✭✭
    I think we will break the forum next :)
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭

I liked to do it to corpses in PvP. :D
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    Reventius wrote: »
    I've been spending nearly every waking hour immersed in eso since early access started. So I kind of view this as a welcomed break. Time to preform maintenance on my life.

You're currently logged out of life and the server is down for "needing to make better decisions with what aspirations i have". *login timer* 5M
  • kearnstarb14_ESO
    Skjlvald wrote: »

Ah, you're one of *those* pvp'ers

I'm watching you.
    Token Drunk Aussie #1
  • hillrdb16_ESO
    DarkoDon wrote: »
    This happens with EVERY mmo, it's nothing new. They have reasons for taking down servers. It's only the NA server so the majority in this region aren't playing at this time, atleast on weekdays. It is and always will be the best time for them to run any maintenence in any mmo. Sometimes they can't give an ETA, no worries. The updates are still happening in the thread (http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/64331/server-maintenance-4-2-14-01-00am-edt#latest)

For those of you that live in EU and play on NA to be with friends/guilds, that was your choice and you have to accept the sacrifice you make.

Honestly I'd rather wait 8 hours and have the crash problems worked out, since my game was effected while servers were up. Not saying that's what they are working on, but they will eventually and the servers will come down.

We've had a pretty darn successful launch, been a long time since I've seen one. But as soon as the server comes down, at a pretty decent time considering NA prime-times, we tend to forget that they made a beuatiful game that's gonna have a long loyal playerbase if they keep things running smoothly and addressing things as fast as they have.

Just because a terrible launch has become "the norm" does not excuse anything. A great many have commented on the lack of PR involved in this situation regarding a friendly ETA.

As a customer of a new subscription based product, I would like to think the company would encourage communication with their customers when *** hits the fan.

I'm not going to subscribe monthly to anything that cant give me the time of day.

• Unmatched
    Unmatched
    ✭✭✭
    I think we will break the forum next :)

"The forum will go down for maintenance in 15 minutes" 21 minute later you get logged out.

• basicnx
    basicnx
    Reventius wrote: »
    I've been spending nearly every waking hour immersed in eso since early access started. So I kind of view this as a welcomed break. Time to preform maintenance on my life.

Heh, wish it worked out like that for me. I performed all my IRL maintenance so I could sit back worry free...
  • evilhomer504b14_ESO
    If Razum-dar was here he would break us out of this mess!
    The guy who grabbed the name Razum-dar first
  • Luthien_Elfmaid
    In just a few hours I have almost achieved 50 points. I don't know how to feel, lol.
    feel good and enjoy the forum

Tinúviel! Tinúviel!
    He called her by her elvish name;
    And there she halted listening.
    One moment stood she, and a spell
    His voice laid on her: Beren came,
    And doom fell on Tinúviel
  • Delekii
    Delekii
    ✭✭
    Sarenia wrote: »
    Delekii wrote: »
    Games that go down for maintenance this early for this long instantly ring alarm bells for me; it means they missed game breaking bugs that can't be fixed while the servers are up during the beta, or that they created the architecture in such a way that doesn't lend itself to live fixes.

Have you ever operated a server of any sort, and/or done any sort of programming?

Just wondering what your credentials are, since this statement conflicts with the fact that every MMO I've ever joined early and/or beta'd had major downtime just before official launch, and increased downtime in the first month.

I have, but you have no reason to believe me anyway. Rebutt the argument, not the point.

A guy a few posts back mentioned this, but I'll reiterate it; if it's a software/patch related issue, it should have been worked on on offline servers before live servers were touched. If it's game-breaking to the point of needing the servers to come down while they find a fix, it means it was missed in the beta. If it's a hardware issue, it's due to a lack of planning.

The fact that no games you've played have achieved as such doesn't mean that:
    a. such games don't exist, and that
    b. we shouldn't hold Zenimax to such a standard.

Server restarts and short "oh crap" maintenances - sure thing. A 5+ hour maintenance within 3 days of the game launching means, to put it in hearthstone vernacular, "mistakes were made".
    Edited by Delekii on April 2, 2014 9:04AM
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    Skjlvald wrote: »

Ah, you're one of *those* pvp'ers

I'm watching you.

*vanish*
    Ulyn Andrano

Ebonheart Pact
  • Z0MBiEjaw
    Z0MBiEjaw
    ✭✭✭
    Aw, man. It's been like four hours and I kind of need to sleep but I feel like it's been long enough that servers are gonna go up after I lay down. Yikes,
    Luminous beings, are we; not this crude matter.
  • AlexanderTheGreat
    AlexanderTheGreat
    ✭✭✭
    Just because you're home and can play but servers is down isnt 'missing playtime'. What do you call it when youre at work or out shopping or just doing other stuff? Or when you do other things and and not able to play but servers is down while you're at work for example? Thats missing playtime as well but you wouldnt call it that then would you?

That is exactly what missing playtime is. And, yes if I am at work I call it the same. Semantic arguments are the weakest logically speaking.
  • Unmatched
    Unmatched
    ✭✭✭
    I really am going to petition Zenimax and Bethesda for an audiobook of this forum thread.
  • Z0MBiEjaw
    Z0MBiEjaw
    ✭✭✭
    If Razum-dar was here he would break us out of this mess!
    this.

Luminous beings, are we; not this crude matter.
  • Bunzaga_ESO
    Bunzaga_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    These kinds of issues arise all the time. I work for a new webGL game engine company called Goo Technologies, so I am well aware of what is involved. The biggest problem I have, is that there is no communication.

A random post every 10 pages basically saying the same *** we have been feed four hours ago, doesn't cut it in my book.

If he had said, 'There is no ETA, but down time could span several hours', I would have unhappily gone to bed.

Instead, I had hopes that the servers would go back up within the hour, then every hour after that, and now I am just a bitter old(not really old, just 36) man drinking my beer, and wishing I had gone to bed in the first place.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ciinen1988 wrote: »
    smells like Vanilla to me :p
    You sure that isn't the forums your sniffing there? >.>

it definately isn't my farts...
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    Z0MBiEjaw wrote: »
    Aw, man. It's been like four hours and I kind of need to sleep but I feel like it's been long enough that servers are gonna go up after I lay down. Yikes,

*agreed* because I already gave insightful.
  • Selrach
    Selrach
    Since I apparently have a saved draft that the forum won't let me remove, I present you: the history of sweetrolls. Well, the third point under arena refers to sweetrolls anyways..
  • Zyhlaari
    Zyhlaari
    Soul Shriven
    Someone get a Moth Priest in here to tell us when they'll be back up. In the meantime its forums + editing fraps vids of playtime to get my fix. Can't sleep through it at 7pm :(
  • HiveStar
    HiveStar
    Unmatched wrote: »
    I really am going to petition Zenimax and Bethesda for an audiobook of this forum thread.

Voiced by Patrick Stewart

• DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe the game is over...that's it guys ESO has finished.. it's been real, i will miss every single one of you, my adventures in the game were amazing all the way to level 7, awesome $90 well spent..
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    Unmatched wrote: »

itz ZENITHES
    Ulyn Andrano

Ebonheart Pact