Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Server maintenance times

• Arcinate
    Arcinate
    grimnitz wrote: »
    Somewhere on Tamriel our technicians are hard at work on the servers...1537780_765550776797040_1002164382_o.jpg

Well played sir.
  • sampaku
    sampaku
    ✭✭
    I wish to play game. No wish to sleep. If game not playable soon I should sleep. If don't know when game will be playable don't know if should sleep. Halp.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delekii wrote: »

I have, but you have no reason to believe me anyway. Rebutt the argument, not the point.

A guy a few posts back mentioned this, but I'll reiterate it; if it's a software/patch related issue, it should have been worked on on offline servers before live servers were touched.

Then you should know any suitably complex system _will_ behave in unexpected ways. It's an elementary fact of software development or server administration at any level.

Your 100 line script you put on GitHub may work flawlessly on 5 linux machines you tested it with, only to break on somebody's Gentoo install because they riced their compile settings.

I'm just offering perspective, because I have nothing to do myself while waiting for the server to come up. Don't shoot the messenger, just offering something a little more objective and useful than the usual "ARRR BAD ZOS IS BAD" posts here, based on my limited personal experience.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Z0MBiEjaw
    Z0MBiEjaw
    ✭✭✭
    anthemik wrote: »
    Z0MBiEjaw wrote: »
    Aw, man. It's been like four hours and I kind of need to sleep but I feel like it's been long enough that servers are gonna go up after I lay down. Yikes,

That comma at the end makes me feel very anxious for you, or maybe *whispers* you only fell asleep. Aw!

Oh no, that was due to both of my weaknesses; embedding youtube videos into these posts, and hitting < instead of > while holding shift. :(
    Luminous beings, are we; not this crude matter.
  • DarkoDon
    DarkoDon
    ✭✭
    DarkoDon wrote: »
    This happens with EVERY mmo, it's nothing new. They have reasons for taking down servers. It's only the NA server so the majority in this region aren't playing at this time, atleast on weekdays. It is and always will be the best time for them to run any maintenence in any mmo. Sometimes they can't give an ETA, no worries. The updates are still happening in the thread (http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/64331/server-maintenance-4-2-14-01-00am-edt#latest)

For those of you that live in EU and play on NA to be with friends/guilds, that was your choice and you have to accept the sacrifice you make.

Honestly I'd rather wait 8 hours and have the crash problems worked out, since my game was effected while servers were up. Not saying that's what they are working on, but they will eventually and the servers will come down.

We've had a pretty darn successful launch, been a long time since I've seen one. But as soon as the server comes down, at a pretty decent time considering NA prime-times, we tend to forget that they made a beuatiful game that's gonna have a long loyal playerbase if they keep things running smoothly and addressing things as fast as they have.

Just because a terrible launch has become "the norm" does not excuse anything. A great many have commented on the lack of PR involved in this situation regarding a friendly ETA.

As a customer of a new subscription based product, I would like to think the company would encourage communication with their customers when *** hits the fan.

I'm not going to subscribe monthly to anything that cant give me the time of day.

Yea guy, i'm already in a discussion with someone saying the same thing, no need to say it again. Just keep reading my post you qouted if you want a response from me. Thx

• enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    Madae wrote: »
    You guys should just find ways to entertain yourselves while you wait. I'm currently holding two conversations in two threads arguing with people about how the game should work. It's a lot of fun!

Go back to your other thread.
  • Unmatched
    Unmatched
    ✭✭✭
    @grimnitz Love this, wish that was me in RL...wait.....what?
    Bacon and Skyrim....but mostly bacon....and a lawnmower
  • mdziur
    mdziur
    ✭✭
    Does anyone even know what they are fixing?
  • FTWhitledge
    sampaku wrote: »
    I wish to play game. No wish to sleep. If game not playable soon I should sleep. If don't know when game will be playable don't know if should sleep. Halp.

Go to sleep because your speech is impaired by lack of sleep (I'm making excuses for you)
  • aeonoceanstarb14_ESO
    *loses consciousness*
  • Kiwi
    Kiwi
    ✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    Somewhere on Tamriel our technicians are hard at work on the servers...1537780_765550776797040_1002164382_o.jpg
    OMG the technicians are New Zealanders...it makes so much sense now.

yea, were the sheep, getting shafted by yanks, as usual
    Edited by Kiwi on April 2, 2014 9:15AM
    A large yellow rectangle

• pad11
    pad11
    ✭✭✭
    If Razum-dar was here he would break us out of this mess!
    THIS! LOL!

• Charlie
    Charlie
    Soul Shriven
    It should be up soon. it has been down for quite a while now.
  • balkor02
    balkor02
    Soul Shriven

Hilarious!!!
  • Bunzaga_ESO
    Bunzaga_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sarenia wrote: »
    Delekii wrote: »

I have, but you have no reason to believe me anyway. Rebutt the argument, not the point.

A guy a few posts back mentioned this, but I'll reiterate it; if it's a software/patch related issue, it should have been worked on on offline servers before live servers were touched.

Then you should know any suitably complex system _will_ behave in unexpected ways. It's an elementary fact of software development or server administration at any level.

Your 100 line script you put on GitHub may work flawlessly on 5 linux machines you tested it with, only to break on somebody's Gentoo install because they riced their compile settings.

I'm just offering perspective, because I have nothing to do myself while waiting for the server to come up. Don't shoot the messenger, just offering something a little more objective and useful than the usual "ARRR BAD ZOS IS BAD" posts here, based on my limited personal experience.

This actually happened to us at the GDC.
  • kearnstarb14_ESO
    @grimnitz‌ That is wrong on so many levels.

Pish. That is some quality artwork depicting EXACTLY how the struggles of our ESO community versus the fearful Overlords of DOOOOOM (a.k.a the Sheep Technicians) needs to be resolved.

i.e. we take em down, roman *** style

Token Drunk Aussie #1
  • AlexanderTheGreat
    AlexanderTheGreat
    ✭✭✭
    1. No it's not. Happens every mmo and will continue. There's no way to change that FACT there, so stop trying.

2. Agree with you there. But it was just the most recent example.

3. You got what you paid for. Your playing the game early. (5 days or 3 days, whatever you paid for.) The game has only been down for maybe a total of 8-10 hours in the 60 hours it has been since early release.

4. Your posting your dissatisfaction on the forums for all these people who can't do a thing for you seems either unproductive or a cry for attention. If you are dissatisfied so much, write an email, make some calls, hire a lawyer, or just plain quit the game and don't come back. Posting here is doing changing nothing concerning your dissatisfaction. This isn't the developers "plain" blunders. I'm pretty sure you don't develop games...give it a shot.

** On a side note, we pay $15 a month on top of innitial purchase. Are you saying you don't want our money going to fixes/extra content? I hate to pay $15 a month for them to just sit back and you get what you get. Nice to see my money going to good use.

1. Yes, it is irrelevant because I didn't pay 60 dollars to them. They are not held accountable for Zenimax's failures.

3. Game shouldn't be going down in early release for such long periods of time. Also, it's unreasonable to expect a grown adult that actually works for a living to be available for all 60 of those hours.

a.) devs have posted in this thread
    b.) threads by nature are cries for attention
    c.) If I am dissatisfied I can voice my opinion or do whatever I so please. Whether that be post on a forum or cancel my order.
    d.) I don't have to develop games to call them out for their nonsense after I'm paying them $60. It's called being the consumer.

**On a side note, yes I want fixes and extra content, but how about postponing the nonessentials until AFTER the early access period we were promised. This five hour bugfix is unreasonable during EARLY ACCESS. I wouldn't really care if it were after early access.

• Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    mdziur wrote: »

I think the mail system and disconnect issues.
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • anthemik
    anthemik
    anthemik wrote: »
    Aw, man. It's been like four hours and I kind of need to sleep but I feel like it's been long enough that servers are gonna go up after I lay down. Yikes,

That comma at the end makes me feel very anxious for you, or maybe *whispers* you only fell asleep. Aw!

Oh no, that was due to both of my weaknesses; embedding youtube videos into these posts, and hitting < instead of > while holding shift. :(

That's a lot better than my weakness, which is grass and flower pollen.
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Charlie wrote: »
    You are adorable.

• davymanners_ESO
    Unmatched wrote: »
    I really am going to petition Zenimax and Bethesda for an audiobook of this forum thread.

Haha who would narrate it? I vote Christopher Walken.

• ulgrenn
    ulgrenn
    Leeta wrote: »
    I will never understand why people say they get shafted and they should be reimbursed for missing playtime when servers are down. What exactly is 'missing playtime'?? Just because you're home and can play but servers is down isn't 'missing playtime'. What do you call it when you're at work or out shopping or just doing other stuff? Or when you do other things and and not able to play but servers is down while you're at work for example? Thats missing playtime as well but you wouldn't call it that then would you?

There i fixed your grammer for you, your welcome

ULGRENN
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    Charlie wrote: »

4 hours and counting. And the people that go to bed at night and get up and go to work... then get off and play will be none the wiser. I see what ZENITHES did there.
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • Cry_Wolfe
    Cry_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail2/a_id/4320

the other thread i am having an argument with...
  • sampaku
    sampaku
    ✭✭
    sampaku wrote: »

Go to sleep because your speech is impaired by lack of sleep (I'm making excuses for you)

If only it were impaired by lack of sleep, then the decision would be easy. Hard to say why I decided to write that post like that... I'm exceptionally bored I guess. Zeni plz.
  • Unmatched
    Unmatched
    ✭✭✭

mdziur wrote: »

They are apparently having issues with livestock.

Bacon and Skyrim....but mostly bacon....and a lawnmower
  • Z0MBiEjaw
    Z0MBiEjaw
    ✭✭✭
    arrested-development-s4-gifs.jpg

me irl
    Luminous beings, are we; not this crude matter.
  • balkor02
    balkor02
    Soul Shriven
    According to the pic I think they are developing new sheepskin condoms
  • KaizerXul
    KaizerXul
    ✭✭✭
    ulgrenn wrote: »
    I will never understand why people say they get shafted and they should be reimbursed for missing playtime when servers are down. What exactly is 'missing playtime'?? Just because you're home and can play but servers is down isn't 'missing playtime'. What do you call it when you're at work or out shopping or just doing other stuff? Or when you do other things and and not able to play but servers is down while you're at work for example? Thats missing playtime as well but you wouldn't call it that then would you?

There.* I* grammar* you're* welcome.*
    Edited by KaizerXul on April 2, 2014 9:21AM
    "When I left you, I was but the learner. Now *I* am the master."
  • Bunzaga_ESO
    Bunzaga_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ulgrenn wrote: »

... I don't know if I should laugh or cry.