Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Server maintenance times

• DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KaizerXul wrote: »
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    3 days early access...oh wait we must do maintenance during it... so what compensation do we get now we cannot even play the game?

Another monkey pet: This one is on fire; like the server.

Well true but explain to me the point of early access when you can't even get in?

BURNING. MONKEY. PET.
    I'd prefer a burning mini server pet.
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    Delekii wrote: »
    I remember WoW going down daily at launch for a while.
    I remember when people used to fight against universal suffrage.

WoW was released 10 years ago; having equally low expectations is ridiculous. Games that go down for maintenance this early for this long instantly ring alarm bells for me; it means they missed game breaking bugs that can't be fixed while the servers are up during the beta, or that they created the architecture in such a way that doesn't lend itself to live fixes.

Weekly maintenance should no longer be a thing in any game written today.

Harsh. I like it.
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • Sshado
    Sshado
    Soul Shriven
    I appreciate the updates.

Here's what I've gathered. Almost four hours in and every update says "we are working on it".
    This is code for "Go to sleep".
    If you can't go to sleep, find a way to go unconscious.
    Nobody wants to live without their fix.
  • Z0MBiEjaw
    Z0MBiEjaw
    ✭✭✭
    i don't know how to embed youtube videos what is this forum
    Edited by Z0MBiEjaw on April 2, 2014 8:54AM
    Luminous beings, are we; not this crude matter.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Games that go down for maintenance this early for this long instantly ring alarm bells for me; it means they missed game breaking bugs that can't be fixed while the servers are up during the beta, or that they created the architecture in such a way that doesn't lend itself to live fixes.

Have you ever operated a server of any sort, and/or done any sort of programming?

Just wondering what your credentials are, since this statement conflicts with the fact that every MMO I've ever joined early and/or beta'd had major downtime just before official launch, and increased downtime in the first month.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Skirmish840
    Skirmish840
    ✭✭✭
    OMG 3 days actually 2.5 days Early Access now turning into 2 days Early Access very bloody quickly. How's about you open up the PTS for us or Tell us how to get the European server installed without having to download 29 Gigs for a second time over.

You said I had a choice to log onto either the NA or EU server, you didn't say I had to install the game twice.

What Gives....
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    Sarenia wrote: »
    Games that go down for maintenance this early for this long instantly ring alarm bells for me; it means they missed game breaking bugs that can't be fixed while the servers are up during the beta, or that they created the architecture in such a way that doesn't lend itself to live fixes.

Have you ever operated a server of any sort, and/or done any sort of programming?

Just wondering what your credentials are, since this statement conflicts with the fact that every MMO I've ever joined early and/or beta'd had major downtime just before official launch, and increased downtime in the first month.

Oh........ snap.
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • Unmatched
    Unmatched
    ✭✭✭
    Here ya go guys, something to watch while waiting to log in!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZZ7oFKsKzY
    Bacon and Skyrim....but mostly bacon....and a lawnmower
  • Bunzaga_ESO
    Bunzaga_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Lets take this one step at a time.

1. Test changes on the in house test server.
    2. Take down the public servers, and commit + push the changes.
    3. Restart the servers with the new patch.

I'm thinking they skipped Step 1, and decided to add an untested patch to the live servers, which doesn't work, so now they are trying to fix the problem on the live servers.
  • KaizerXul
    KaizerXul
    ✭✭✭
    3 days early access...oh wait we must do maintenance during it... so what compensation do we get now we cannot even play the game?

Another monkey pet: This one is on fire; like the server.

Well true but explain to me the point of early access when you can't even get in?

BURNING. MONKEY. PET.
    I'd prefer a burning mini server pet.

Dude. Yes.
    "When I left you, I was but the learner. Now *I* am the master."
  • vicstorm
    vicstorm
    ✭✭
    OMG 3 days actually 2.5 days Early Access now turning into 2 days Early Access very bloody quickly. How's about you open up the PTS for us or Tell us how to get the European server installed without having to download 29 Gigs for a second time over.

You said I had a choice to log onto either the NA or EU server, you didn't say I had to install the game twice.

What Gives....

The anger is strong with this one :smile:
    "I'm not saying we kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying lets remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out"
  • FTWhitledge
    Unmatched wrote: »

oh nyan cat, how i love you so. Soooooo Nyan Cat mini pet anyone? Eh?
  • Chaleria
    Chaleria
    ✭✭
    I wonder if any of the people commenting on how a game "should" launch or how often there is "maintenance" know anything about the behind-the-scenes... B/C unless you actually know what you are talking about, please stop talking out of your ass.
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    Okay:

1. It's irrelevant how other MMOs launched. That does not excuse poor preparation. There are still bugs in the game that were reported in the beta months ago.

2. SWTOR is garbage and has always been garbage. Only good thing about it was the story.

3. It's not about launching perfect, it's about getting what we paid for and what we were told we were going to get. I.E. Early access to the game, not late access to the beta.

4. I find stating my dissatisfaction with the product I am receiving to the developers to be much more productive than defending the developers plain blunders.
    What my mind does at 4am when I read this kind of rant...

1. Rawr rawr rawr months ago was a long way away!
    2. Rawr rawr we aren't playing SWTOR
    3. Blar blar perfect access to early games!
    4. Not happy.
  • joshweps
    joshweps
    ✭✭✭
    Totally off topic guys but is there a /spit? lol that was my fav in wow
  • Medgirlpts_ESO
    Medgirlpts_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    In just a few hours I have almost achieved 50 points. I don't know how to feel, lol.
    Ceridai <3 Healing Mage <3
    --The Downtime Defenders --
    - Aldmeri Dominion -
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any confirmation on how long it'll be down?

Probably until somebody gets back to work and plugs in the cord again.
  • kearnstarb14_ESO
    Chaleria wrote: »
    I wonder if any of the people commenting on how a game "should" launch or how often there is "maintenance" know anything about the behind-the-scenes... B/C unless you actually know what you are talking about, please stop talking out of your ass.

My ass likes to share its opinions mmk
    Token Drunk Aussie #1
  • Bunzaga_ESO
    Bunzaga_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Skjlvald wrote: »
    WhiteQueen wrote: »
    Hah, a vanity pet for every time there're unscheduled downtimes. Our banks would be full before launch. :p

Have you tried crafting yet? My bank has 80 slots, and my bag has 70. They are both full 50% of the time. :'(

@Bunzaga_ESO Is that focusing on one or all crafts?

I was working on Blacksmithing, Alchemy and Cloth (not leather). Then decided to go for Provisioning and Alchemy for now. Soooo many ingredients + all these fun CE treasure maps + pets + important trait gems I don't want to give up.
  • anthemik
    anthemik

Is great--would be perfect if, instead of a pop tart, the cat's body was a sweetroll.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about we just Disconnect Cyrodil till you guys have a fix ready, no one really likes Cyrodil anyway, its just fluff added right? :P
    Edited by DanteYoda on April 2, 2014 8:56AM
  • Cerec
    Cerec
    ✭✭
    Sarenia wrote: »

I do not recall this happening with Rift. I'm also thinking it didn't happen with GW2 either...though I have vague memories of that time for some reason (probably because I didn't like the game.)

I've been involved in every major MMO launch since EQ1 -- and, you're right, most of them have fairly significant issues at launch. However, most of those launches came *before* companies started selling "early access" (as a bonus feature) for real money.

Also, the only other launch that I remember the developers only posting "generic" or "canned" messages (like we've seen on this thread) was in the SWTOR release. Which really is a depressing thought to think that the industry is moving in this direction....

• Unmatched
    Unmatched
    ✭✭✭
    anthemik wrote: »

Is great--would be perfect if, instead of a pop tart, the cat's body was a sweetroll.

...must start editing
    Bacon and Skyrim....but mostly bacon....and a lawnmower
  • Leeta
    Leeta
    ✭✭✭
    I will never understand why people say they get shafted and they should be reimburst for missing playtime when servers are down. What exactly is 'missing playtime'?? Just because you're home and can play but servers is down isnt 'missing playtime'. What do you call it when youre at work or out shopping or just doing other stuff? Or when you do other things and and not able to play but servers is down while you're at work for example? Thats missing playtime as well but you wouldnt call it that then would you?
  • vicstorm
    vicstorm
    ✭✭
    How about we just Disconnect Cyrodil till you guys have a fix ready, no one really likes Cyrodil anyway, its just fluff added right? :P

I like Cyrodiil for the tons of gold you get fro it ..... But as you only get to play in there for 20 mins over 3 hours, I can see your point (Rest of the time is spent crashing and relogging)
    "I'm not saying we kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying lets remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out"
  • FTWhitledge
    Watch this and the next thing you know it'll be time to play it over again and maybe by the second watching the servers will be up.

youtu.be/zHU2RlSCdxU

• smilingmaybe
    smilingmaybe
    ✭✭✭
    joshweps wrote: »

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Emotes
  • Oberon70
    Oberon70
    This is not 4am for everyone. It is 7:28 pm for me and it kinda does suck. I understand they will have maintenance, but I really hope they get off the butts and communicate better. Especially since they advise they believe in the subscription model as they will be able to deliver what players expect.
  • enfp
    enfp
    ✭✭
    joshweps wrote: »

theres a forum with all the emotes
  • KaizerXul
    KaizerXul
    ✭✭✭
    At least this thread has been entertaining. B)
    "When I left you, I was but the learner. Now *I* am the master."