Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Server maintenance times

• MattoxMaodhun
    MattoxMaodhun
    ✭✭
    We're getting ready to bring the server back online, folks. Please stand by.

I love you

I couldn't agree more. Thanks Jessica for keeping communication open with us.
  • TuterKing
    TuterKing
    ✭✭
    Im in!
    The King is Here!
  • DosageCigs
    DosageCigs
    Soul Shriven
    In now
  • Oldschool1964
    Well, at least I have chicken...
  • Froobert
    Froobert
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for posting on the forum to keep the heat going, all you late-night supporters and ESO-Crazed freaks. I'm glad to say I'm one of them. Thanks! We have succeeded!

stephen-colbert-success-reaction-gif.gif?w=640
    Froobert the Tank
    When In doubt, Bash it out! :)

"Member of Noore"

• Melkie
    Melkie
    ✭✭
    larimous wrote: »
    Ok so who here remembers the 77hr downtime when swg launched then the complete washback where you lost all your xp, creds, and certain items..... This is nothing compared to that. Thank you @ZOS_JessicaFolsom for all your hard work today.

We were sworn to NOT TALK about that ever again, else it may repeat itself!
  • gustasonmichaelub17_ESO
    Aaaaaaand playing.

Thanks for the all-nighter you guys must've pulled over there, ZOS.

--I apologize in advance for the flood of hate/discontent that's gonna be heading your way at the first sign of any bug whatsoever.

/shakes fist at the MMO-launch nubs
    "Our race has not been strained for all these ages through that sieve of dangers that we call Natural Selection, to sit down, in the tedium of safety.
    The bourgeois is too much cottoned about for any zest in living; he sits in his parlour out of reach of any danger, often out of reach of any vicissitude but one of health-- and there he yawns."
    -Robert Louis Stevenson
  • dpgirl
    dpgirl
    ✭✭
    Thundergod wrote: »
    Boracks wrote: »
    I must admit this has been the best server down thread in 12 years that I have been online gaming.

I've never experienced this much downtime during early access of any game
    never played AO? dang it was like 6 months after release before the game was stable and playable :-)
  • SuperJChat
    SuperJChat
    ✭✭✭
    Zazzix wrote: »
    SuperJChat wrote: »
    So guys, again we have to wait a bit, but never fear, for the Downtime Defenders will give you cheer! (-facepalm- dangit SuperJ look what you've done to yourself)

So in the meantime, lets discuss our characters, ill start!

I play as SuperJChat (duh) a level 12 nightblade working on the shadow path,
    ive tried my hand in pvp, gone through a bit of quests, but i've found that i spend most of my time.... Crafting! (ugh) all my crafting levels are already 5+ (some are around 12) so if you guys need stuff crafted for you just come to me ;P
    I also discovered a great farming spot (if you are in ebonheart pact, if not sorry =/) which i have used to get over 100 of wood/iron in about 20 minutes xD
    I picked nightblade because ive always enjoyed being stealthy and ranged (god i love killing something before it even gets to me)

Tell me about your character!

Your farming spot, I am interested in this yes lol. Well I play Zazzix Velmortis, I'm a level 16 Imperial Sorceror. An interesting race choice for my class I agree racial wise. But I like him the way he is. I play Ebonheart aswell, and have focused many of my points in storms calling, lightning everything.
    Shoot me a message ;P

• AlexanderTheGreat
    AlexanderTheGreat
    ✭✭✭
    Lustrati wrote: »
    Doraelari wrote: »
    Veramir wrote: »
    I better get something to show me you are really sorry about your terrible service Bethesda

The game isn't even out yet, so they don't really owe you any compensation. Also, Bethesda is in no way responsible for this.

Bro, you're such a drone. It's been over 12 hours and we were told we would get 3 days early access. The game has been down for maint longer than it's been open. Don't tell me they're not responsible for this TERRIBLE service. If the game doesn't come up for another 2 months would you be angry then or would you still kiss their rear?

you do realize that Zenimax made this game not Bethesda don't you >.>
    Lustrati wrote: »
    I better get something to show me you are really sorry about your terrible service Bethesda

The game isn't even out yet, so they don't really owe you any compensation. Also, Bethesda is in no way responsible for this.

Bro, you're such a drone. It's been over 12 hours and we were told we would get 3 days early access. The game has been down for maint longer than it's been open. Don't tell me they're not responsible for this TERRIBLE service. If the game doesn't come up for another 2 months would you be angry then or would you still kiss their rear?

you do realize that Zenimax made this game not Bethesda don't you >.>

Uh, my point was that you're blaming Bethesda when they have nothing to do with the servers. If you're going to blame someone, then blame Zenimax. Wow, calm down.

I didn't think it was Bethesda. It was you two that referenced Bethesda. I know this was made by an independent dev group under Zenimax. This is just really ticking me off because it's becoming more and more likely this game will become another failed competitor to WoW that becomes a F2P garbage bin.
    Edited by AlexanderTheGreat on April 2, 2014 6:56PM
  • larimous
    larimous
    Melkie wrote: »
    Ok so who here remembers the 77hr downtime when swg launched then the complete washback where you lost all your xp, creds, and certain items..... This is nothing compared to that. Thank you @ZOS_JessicaFolsom for all your hard work today.

We were sworn to NOT TALK about that ever again, else it may repeat itself!

crud I forgot about that.... ummmm oops :pensive:
  • Sedalias_Hope
    Sedalias_Hope
    ✭✭
    So the maintenance has been going on for 12 hours? Yeah not too bad, I think if i recall right WoW use to shut down for a day in Vanilla. Even then there will and always will be bugs and problems in the game. At least for another few months. However, like someone else said on here the launch was pretty smooth compared to most mmo's. I'm excited to see how well the game goes. O_O ;D

U forget your talking about Blizzard. they are noobs who support noobs. just look how bad D3 was at launch. a simple game compaired to normal MMOs and they crash landed and continued on for days grinding there rep into the dirt HAHA.

Actually, TESO should take a good look at D3's dismal release. People left that game like a black hole vacuum after 2 months, and Blizzard threw hundreds of thousands into that game to try to bring people back... And it was a ONE TIME BUY AND PLAY game, This game is a subscription, perhaps the kids playing won't care if they are spending mom and dads money, but as a full time college student, I won't waste money on a broken system All you ppl complaining about other people complaining about game issues, whether it is broken quests OR unexpected downtimes, they have an obligation to US, the paying customer. As far as Blizz being a company of Noobs for Noobs... This game has 10 YEARS before it will even MAYBE scratch the surface of the money that Blizzard has produced with World of Warcraft, so talk smack about the mega-giant game developer if you want, but ALL the companies want to be profitable just like they are. Oh and genius, if you think TESO is concerned about you enjoying yourself over their profit... Think again.
    Edited by Sedalias_Hope on April 2, 2014 6:54PM
  • AlexanderTheGreat
    AlexanderTheGreat
    ✭✭✭

Who remembers when the dinosaurs got wiped out by a huge meteor? This is nothing compared to that. Ridiculous logic. If I pull out one of your eyes will you then thank me for not pulling out both?
  • ghostofatarb14_ESO
    For everybody crying about how these 12+ hours of maintenance are unacceptable, let me remind you that hardly any MMO has had a smooth launch. Also, in addition to those also calling for compensation, here is your answer. Your compensation is the fact that you GET to play before everyone else in the first place. This is an early start, not launch day, you should know ahead of time that there is going to be pauses, glitches, bugs, and down time for the tech guys to iron out before the OFFICIAL launch. Other then that, we should all just relax and enjoy the game when we do get the chance to play. Peace. :)
  • AlexanderTheGreat
    AlexanderTheGreat
    ✭✭✭
    So the maintenance has been going on for 12 hours? Yeah not too bad, I think if i recall right WoW use to shut down for a day in Vanilla. Even then there will and always will be bugs and problems in the game. At least for another few months. However, like someone else said on here the launch was pretty smooth compared to most mmo's. I'm excited to see how well the game goes. O_O ;D

U forget your talking about Blizzard. they are noobs who support noobs. just look how bad D3 was at launch. a simple game compaired to normal MMOs and they crash landed and continued on for days grinding there rep into the dirt HAHA.

Actually, TESO should take a good look at D3's dismal release. People left that game like a black hole vacuum after 2 months, and Blizzard threw hundreds of thousands into that game to try to bring people back... And it was a ONE TIME BUY AND PLAY game, This game is a subscription, perhaps the kids playing won't care if they are spending mom and dads money, but as a full time college student, I won't waste money on a broken system All you ppl complaining about other people complaining about game issues, whether it is broken quests OR unexpected downtimes, they have an obligation to US, the paying customer. As far as Blizz being a company of Noobs for Noobs... This game has 10 YEARS before it will even MAYBE scratch the surface of the money that Blizzard has produced with World of Warcraft, so talk smack about the mega-giant game developer if you want, but ALL the companies want to be profitable just like they are. Oh and genius, if you think TESO is concerned about you enjoying yourself over their profit... Think again.

SO MUCH THIS. These kids just don't understand that this game is trying to steal food from a bear. The likelyhood of this game just breaking down and going F2P is IMMENSE. Ridiculous and frequent maintenance times durin EARRRRLY ACCESSS time is just going to help guarantee it.
    Edited by AlexanderTheGreat on April 2, 2014 6:57PM
  • larimous
    larimous

Who remembers when the dinosaurs got wiped out by a huge meteor? This is nothing compared to that. Ridiculous logic. If I pull out one of your eyes will you then thank me for not pulling out both?

yes cause I would still be able to play :open_mouth:
  • FTWhitledge
    Anyone have a total count for number of hours server was down?
  • AlexanderTheGreat
    AlexanderTheGreat
    ✭✭✭
    For everybody crying about how these 12+ hours of maintenance are unacceptable, let me remind you that hardly any MMO has had a smooth launch. Also, in addition to those also calling for compensation, here is your answer. Your compensation is the fact that you GET to play before everyone else in the first place. This is an early start, not launch day, you should know ahead of time that there is going to be pauses, glitches, bugs, and down time for the tech guys to iron out before the OFFICIAL launch. Other then that, we should all just relax and enjoy the game when we do get the chance to play. Peace. :)

1. Let me remind you how many of those MMOs are F2P or went F2P.

2. Yes, bugs are expected, but not maintenance times to fix the bugs in upwards of 12 hours.

3. No, I'm freaking mad.

• ghostofatarb14_ESO

2. Yes, bugs are expected, but not maintenance times to fix the bugs in upwards of 12 hours.

3. No, I'm freaking mad.

1. Yes, and many of those f2p games are also crap save for a select few. :)

2. Better 12 hours then push the release back another few weeks. My opinion of course.

3. Then go ahead and brood about it while I do something worth my time.
  • AlexanderTheGreat
    AlexanderTheGreat
    ✭✭✭

3. No, I'm freaking mad.

1. Yes, and many of those f2p games are also crap save for a select few. :)

2. Better 12 hours then push the release back another few weeks. My opinion of course.

3. Then go ahead and brood about it while I do something worth my time.

1. Tera, DDO, LOTRO, Aion, RIFT are all decent to good games.

2. I'd rather they push the release back and extend the beta period.

3. Like posting in reply to my "brooding?" Very much so worth your time.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    In memoriam of the experiences we all shared today, we hope someone will post a screenshot of the Downtime Defenders guild.
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • KaizerXul
    KaizerXul
    ✭✭✭
    I am glad I went to bed at 6am and didn't try and wait any longer. :p
    "When I left you, I was but the learner. Now *I* am the master."
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In memoriam of the experiences we all shared today, we hope someone will post a screenshot of the Downtime Defenders guild.

hehehe , that would be something else.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Zaeros
    Zaeros
    ✭✭✭

We shall, as soon as we can get it to exist in-game B)
    "Yes, one step after the next. Come what may, that is what it means to live" - The Seneschal.

This is why we keep going. What else are you going to do with your life?
  • typeopymp
    typeopymp
    ✭✭
    AND...... the Social part of the game is screwed....
    NA server: Ariseth Nightvale Level XX Bosmer Nightblade. Daggerfall.
  • KaizerXul
    KaizerXul
    ✭✭✭

We would all like a burning server or burning monkey vanity pet.
    "When I left you, I was but the learner. Now *I* am the master."
  • AlexanderTheGreat
    AlexanderTheGreat
    ✭✭✭
    KaizerXul wrote: »

We would all like a burning server or burning monkey vanity pet.

I'd like double exp for the next 6 hours.
  • SuperJChat
    SuperJChat
    ✭✭✭
    To all Defenders,
    Unfortunately I am unable to create the guild until the allow guild menus again, but fear not, we have your names and we will add you eventually.
    I'm sorry for this delay, but spend your time leveling yourselves up!
    Also it appears I cannot make an All-Alliance guild, we will have to pick one.
    we are going to discuss this further, but please be patient and await news!

Stay strong Brothers/Sisters!
  • SuperJChat
    SuperJChat
    ✭✭✭

We will Begin working on that ASAP, but unfortunately we cant even create the guild yet ;P any idea as to when we will be able to make it?
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SuperJChat wrote: »
    To all Defenders,
    Unfortunately I am unable to create the guild until the allow guild menus again, but fear not, we have your names and we will add you eventually.
    I'm sorry for this delay, but spend your time leveling yourselves up!
    Also it appears I cannot make an All-Alliance guild, we will have to pick one.
    we are going to discuss this further, but please be patient and await news!

Stay strong Brothers/Sisters!

Heh , i will wait for the invite hehe.

Can you even fit everyone in just 500 slots?
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor