Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 40 - Feedback Thread for Infinite Archive

• Arthtur
    Arthtur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think after 3 deaths the run should be "done" in terms of leaderboards. So u die and u are done getting points for leaderboards but u can still continue doing the EA. So u can learn the boss mechs and overall this would make the content a lot less punishing for less capable players without affecting veteran players. Right now ending the run after 3 deaths is rly punishing.
    PC/EU @Arthtur

Toxic Tank for the win :x
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arthtur wrote: »
    I think after 3 deaths the run should be "done" in terms of leaderboards. So u die and u are done getting points for leaderboards but u can still continue doing the EA. So u can learn the boss mechs and overall this would make the content a lot less punishing for less capable players without affecting veteran players. Right now ending the run after 3 deaths is rly punishing.

This would be a massive improvement. Heck, maybe even if the rewards were reduced by 20% or something afterwards it'd still be more motivation to keep pushing on.
  • Capricas_Kirito
    My initial assessment:

Endless Archive
    Finding the actual Physical entrance to this dungeon was a bit of a pain. I only found it because I knew it was there somewhere and there are a couple of other places (a Lost Treasure and a Jewelry Crafting Survey) where the entrance is similarly hidden without clear indications of where to go.
    Love Filer Eru's attitude! Xess reminds me of Scrut though and Filer Myx is an interesting concoction of snide-better-than-thou and false humility.

First Run (Solo): Felt chaotic and disorganized. Enemies from the 2nd and third waves spawned without being triggered thereby killing the idea that the dungeon isn't timed. I was constantly out of resources as my regen didn't seem to work properly. Part of this experience I'm willing to write off as not being familiar with the environment, and part of it is due to the copy of my account being almost a week out of date (I didn't have all the gear I expected to have on the toon). However, at least a portion was due to misleading info.

Second Run (Solo): Started this run with the gear I expected on the first run. The results were even worse than the first run as I seem to have absolutely 0 Magicka recovery while inside the dungeon.

Final Conclusion: the dungeon is unplayable by anyone without a bomber build and/or the capability to deal 80k plus DPS!
    {EDIT} additionally, due to the way the enemies spawn, a Dark Tormentors build is pretty much mandatory for solo play.

ERRORS
    Book: Archmagister Mavon's Ascencion (found in the Endless Archive Lobby)
    1. type-o: page 3 paragraph 3 line 6 "... sudden boost while non among their number..." (word Choice)
    2. type-o: page 4 paragraph 1 line 2 "... no one guessed that he has a Skaafin ..." (tense agreement)
    Edited by Capricas_Kirito on September 19, 2023 8:39PM
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arthtur wrote: »

This would be a massive improvement. Heck, maybe even if the rewards were reduced by 20% or something afterwards it'd still be more motivation to keep pushing on.

Yes, that would be great. Otherwise I expect to get a lot of very short runs since I have never participated in trials.
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    It took us almost half an hour to beat Arc 1. We reached the Arc 5 Tho'at at around the 3h45m mark. We took some time to read the verses and took a break in the middle to explore the vendors in the lobby, but even if we were to just shave off a whole hour, that's still a long time to reach the interesting bits, and it feels like that once we've done this a bit more, the limiting factor to how far we'd get would be how much time we have in one sitting and not how fast we lose our threads.

I absolutely do not like the idea of having to spend hours just to get to the meatier bits in Arc 6 and beyond, because by then I'd probably be pretty exhausted, worn out, and out of time. The earlier arcs are easy, which is important to provide accessibility for a wide range of players, esp. those who are solo, but they also feel like a boring chore that you have to grind through.

It would be really nice if there was a way to skip ahead. We got the Conqueror achievement when we beat the "final evolution" of the Tho'at at the end of Arc 4. Maybe you could add a "start at Arc 5" option if everyone in the run has the achievement?

Or add some way to save progress. Imagine a scenario where a group has just 2 hours, and in that time they got to Arc 4 with threads remaining. I can't imagine that many will be thrilled at the idea of just abandoning the run and having to start all over again from scratch the next day, rather than being able it pick it back up where they left off.

Finally, as someone else pointed out, "Earn 2500 currency" is crazy out-of-line for a daily endeavor. If we were to compare it to the other "Earn currency" endeavor (Tel-Var), 2500 took us more time and effort than the 1500 Tel-Var weekly endeavor. 2500 ought to be weekly, not daily, and the daily should have one fewer 0 at the end.

Yeah this really sums it up.

I really like Endless Archive but slogging through Arc 1, which I found tediously easy until Tho'at, will probably start to wear on me after a while. It seems like a boring 20-30 minutes just so I can get into the beefy content that will challenge me.

I would like a fast-lane option or the ability to start at a later Arc once you reach a certain point. Maybe you forfeit your permanent bonus from Arc 1 and in exchange get to start at Arc 2? Something like this would be nice. Alternatively, the difficulty for Arc 1 could be slashed in half so I can get through it even faster. I don't mind a 15 minute lead up, but the almost 30 minutes of Arc 1 seems a bit much.

I would also like a save option. I can see myself wanting to get super deep, but I rarely have 3+ hours where I can game it out all in a row. I am sure there are technical things that need to be overcome with this, but please consider putting it on the radar for a future update.

I also concur that 2500 currency for a daily is way out of line. Those are weekly numbers.

Edited by NoxiousBlight on September 19, 2023 9:39PM
  • touretticflower
    touretticflower
    Soul Shriven
    Done 2 solo runs so far on cp3600 arcanist geared in gold deadly + whorl of the depths + velothi

2nd solo run I made it into cycle 5, stage 1 (or is it Arc 2 cycle 1, stage 1? I forget) before having to get off the game. Took me about an hour.

Fun: Loved the random bosses. I started enjoying the difficulty/challenge at around Arc 2 but I think the power increase up to that point I got was done pretty well. Although, some bosses are cheesier than others so RNG plays a role (e.g. zhaj'hassa hurts you more constantly than Maebroogha). I did the goat side content, the ghost herding, and the impossible path puzzle, and I appreciate that it rewards an extra gear piece if you succeed (not sure if that's a constant). The plague verse with the rat you summon via synergy was also fun to use.

Constructive Feedback: As a few have said, earlier levels (first 4 cycles) were a slog for me. Took 45 mins. Would be a better experience for me with either of the following 2 ideas:

Given the time investment required, I'd request a "checkpoint"/save system to allow us to continue a run at a later date as long as we still have threads/lives left. Since there are no speed run achievements, this would also help justify the time sink that the first 4 cycles require before the content begins to get more challenging.

Alternatively, decrease time between wave spawns in earlier levels? Or perhaps have only 1 wave at lower levels but a few more monsters? Or keep the 3 waves but keep the map layouts small and more concentrated? I'd suggest overlapping wave spawns similar to BRP but I understand this might lock less experienced players out of the content. However, for more experienced players, the current structure makes the first Arc tedious.

(Also, clarifying what the symbols mean for stage/cycle/arc would be appreciated.)
    Edited by touretticflower on September 19, 2023 9:50PM
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »
    Also, you know it takes a crazy long time in this place just to get to the first cycle ending boss where you face the first challenge of any kind as well as decent loot with a set piece drop. Since you can't select a harder mode you will have to go through that drudgery every time you exhaust your 3 lives and have to start again. Wow, that is dull. Also, since your basically always going to loose those lives on that end cycle boss you will always be ending a cycle with 20 min or so of time invested without getting a loot peice. How depressing is that.

This is something I didn't consider. Losing all three lives on the final boss and not getting any loot for it will feel terrible after the grind to get there.

As someone else suggested, maybe after you lose three lives you are allowed to finish the round you are on and then go no further. So at least that way you can take as long as you need to figure out the boss and get your loot, but then you are locked out from advancing further because you lost your lives.

• Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not gone through the endless archive as I don't have the HDD space to install it, but...

Judging by this thread, and I have read all of it, I may just not bother. I am a casual player that was hoping for public dungeon level difficulty ramping up to DLC dungeon after a couple arcs, increasing from there. After reading the above I can only conclude it will disappoint almost all your player base, the casuals will soon tire of dying and quit and the hardcore players will find the first few arcs boring and do something more suited their skill. Either way it seems the rewards are far from good according to the previous threads.

It seems to me you have just made another Bastion Numic TBH, and I avoid those too. If I may offer a suggestion though, reincorporate the normal/vet switch (with rewards to match) as I might just make some people happier.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think ZOS should remove Trial Bosses entirely, even with reduced health they still have mechanics intended for 12 people, not 1 or 2 people.
  • Rkindaleft
    Rkindaleft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really think the EA could do with a practice mode if they intend to keep it like the old trials before their scoring was reworked, or alternatively you don't get any score/achievements if you lose all your lives but it doesn't end so you can at least get familiar with the mechanics of certain encounters, this would help solo players/casuals who probably have never seen several of these bosses before.

Similar to Code's response from earlier I had problems with the Warrior specifically.

I got up to Arc 3 last night solo before I ran out of lives. This took me about 1hr40min to achieve this point, not sure if this is the average time or I was playing a bit more conservatively. I was a trial build Mag Templar (Ansuul/Deadly/Velothi.) I am a console player but I have an account to access the PTS whenever there's a new content release.

I died on some cycle of the Warrior who's Shehai attack was ticking me for 12k+ damage and for those who have fought it in the trial before you know it hits like 6-7 times before it stops, even with Structured Entropy, Beaming and standing in my rune + Barrier I wasn't able to outheal it solo. In hindsight I should've used Resolving Vigor or spammed an actual burst heal too but it seemed an excessive amount of damage for something that was only in Arc 3. Feels like it was not balanced correctly for one player or it's bugged.
    Edited by Rkindaleft on September 20, 2023 12:28AM
    https://youtube.com/@rkindaleft PlayStation NA. I upload parses and trial POVs sometimes.
    6/9 Trial Trifecta achievements.
    Tick Tock Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rkindaleft wrote: »
    I died on some cycle of the Warrior who's Shehai attack was ticking me for 12k+ damage and for those who have fought it in the trial before you know it hits like 6-7 times before it stops, even with Structured Entropy, Beaming and standing in my rune + Barrier I wasn't able to outheal it solo. In hindsight I should've used Resolving Vigor or spammed an actual burst heal too but it seemed an excessive amount of damage for something that was only in Arc 3. Feels like it was not balanced correctly for one player or it's bugged.

It's survivable if you block and heal. Blocking is the key, because you cannot realistically outheal that damage without the damage first being reduced through block.

I haven't had a chance to try it solo yet, but I plan to make a build specifically for soloing EA, and based on what I've seen doing it duo, I really want to have either an ice staff or a 1-hand-and-shield for the block mitigation and block cost reduction. Even with 1H&S, you can still do decent damage using class abilities, and I think that would be the most reliable way to survive that mechanic for a solo player in a deep arc.

Typical PvE builds are glass cannons with no survivability and would probably not work well for soloing EA.
    Edited by code65536 on September 20, 2023 1:10AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cireous wrote: »
    Outside of the confusion about where those furnishing patterns are (I don't think I saw a single one on the vendor), my only feedback on the Endless Arena is:
    • Feels like a slog at earlier levels. I think the enemies should die just a little faster. It's just something you kind of would expect at the very beginning. Faster kills at the start, with their health becoming increasingly higher as you progress.

When everyone was watching the live stream they were saying the early levels looked too easy and that everything was dying fast.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CP 1900+ Sorc, solo, got past the second random boss before I logged for the night. I had fun with the ring of fire verse, and the fortress one (the one that gives a damage shield when you get close to a particular enemy) helped against Tremorscale, those are the only two that stood out.

Portal to the Unknown took me to a hall with switches that opened a path through tentacles and ink, I completed it successfully after a little trial and error.

Toughest boss was Glemyos Wildhorn, mostly because the Indriks he kept summoning didn’t seem to have a cap on their numbers which very quickly turned the battlefield into a mess of special effects making it difficult to see what was going on and the tab-targeting on Glemyos himself broke every time he did that teleport-punch thing. It wasn’t the fun kind of difficulty, is what I’m saying.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cireous wrote: »
    Outside of the confusion about where those furnishing patterns are (I don't think I saw a single one on the vendor), my only feedback on the Endless Arena is:

There are two vendors.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disclaimer:

I am not likely the main audience for this content and I haven't liked the idea of it from the moment I heard it. So, I would generally rate the feedback of others higher.

What level were you when you went through Endless Archive?

I did it on a quickly setup Template char running the new Sorc set, a template char running the new Nightblade set, and my tank which is above 1,000 CP

Did you play solo, with a companion or with another player?

I did it solo and solo with a companion.

What Stage, Cycle, and Arc did you reach?

I believe it was 4, 4, 2 on the Nightblade as my farthest (I'd suggest changing the order of the numbers)

Which bosses were the toughest?

I think it's hard to say because all of my deaths except vs the Weeping Widow (the char lacked much regarding heals) were to mechanics that I had forgotten/hadn't seen before.

Did you use any Portals to the Unknown?

Yeah
    Which side content did you do?

I did the duel and the lead the whisps

Did you feel adequately rewarded?

The rewards for side content seemed better for the effort than the main content.
    Did you use any Verse Scrolls?

No

Did you have fun?

For the most part no.

The skeever and the coin interaction were amusing but, most of the time I really wasn't having fun as I alternated between being bored/being worried about getting blown up in a couple seconds from mechanics. The trash and some of the bosses present no real threat then you jump to a boss and suddenly you are in the position of potentially getting blown up in a few seconds. The surroundings can end up feeling samey quite fast. I also felt like I was hitting the same enemies a fairly significant % of the time.

Do you have any other general feedback?

The rewards are likely too low to generate lasting gameplay from people that don't love the experience. Getting even five pieces that you want of one of the sets looks like it could be an undertaking.

You might need to put systems in place to ensure people don't bot the content if you haven't already. I was able to clear the trash levels by just walking to the location and having my companion/bear/procs kill everything on my tank. The bosses in some cases were able to kill me with mechanics but the ones without massive damage abilities failed to do so in my brief test. I would not be surprised if people could bot the content. You might also hit the issue of people botting carries that they sell to other people.

The lighting in the boss fights can make it so the default red circles are not as visible as they are in other areas. It was especially noticeable on fights like the Weeping Widow.

I felt like I was running into Ascendant Order with too high of a frequency.

You might want to not have some of the npcs appear from the story content for people that haven't done the story because it might make the characters feel less special when they actually do it. An npc isn't going to seem as special if when you finally meet them to fight in the story and you've already killed them a bunch elsewhere.

The companions feel useful at first but as time passes it seems to degrade. Mine seemed to turn into almost a liability as it had issues with some of the mechanics such as the beam on the Ink boss.

It might be beneficial to have a non-leaderboard option that lets players start at higher difficulties as the time investment to reach them might be too high for people to want to bother.

• OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CP 1883

Solo

4-4-1 twice. 4-3-1 once

I got the Serpent twice, I can only guess how hard it is to tone down a trial boss made for 12 endgame people to something like this which would be an average player(s) but this one needs to be toned down. In this last fight I got the one-shot mechanic, that sword or trident thing, and killed it... then the Serpent did like a poison AOE phase, just blocked and healed through that. Then it was 1v1 for about 3 seconds and adds spawned, 2 Mantikora's, and a Lamia. What I did not realize was that the one-shot sword was back and it got me. How am I, as a solo person in that fight, supposed to focus on 3 adds that aren't garbage, the boss, and a one-shot sword that NEEDS to die all at the same time?

Which Cycle and Arc did you fight the boss on?
    Whatever 4-4-1 is... that's the farthest I got before having to log

Which Verses did you find the most and least effective?
    As a magicka player anything that increased stamina recovery or increased damage for guild abilities was the least effective for me. Most effective were just the damage boosts and the shields. I will say that I did like that some of these were just fun, like the gold one... need more fun things in the game.

Which Visions did you find the most and least effective?
    Anything based on stamina damage wasn't effective but that's only because I was magicka.

Yes

The goat, sweetroll one, and the watcher one. Both were fun honestly and I enjoyed them. Running around as a goat is just weird and I couldn't stop laughing, need more stuff like this.

No, the new currency idea is fine but overall it'll be a grind to get some things that I'd like, the amount dropped needs to be increased. Also, set pieces need to drop more and the boss chests after each fight need more things in it otherwise this won't be worth grinding.

No, I kept forgetting they were a thing

Did you have fun?
    I did with some things but with other things no. I felt an odd jump in difficulty even during Arc 1 where I got the Serpent two separate times (on different runs). Other bosses were hard but not impossible. More rewards and Fortunes would also be great. Overall, some of the bosses need to be tweaked, really the trial ones, so that they better-fit content made for 1-2 players. Right now, I feel like they are more fit for 4-5 players which does not fit this content. I fear that if this isn't changed then Endless Archive won't be content players come back to that often.

As I mentioned the currency needs to increase and the rewards as well, this needs to be worth repeating over and over. I like the Unknowns, it breaks up the run and can be a ton of fun, I wish they happened more often. Trial bosses need to be toned down or average/casual players will not do this over and over. I think Endless Archive has a real chance to be some fun repeatable content but right now I don't even want to dive in again to test it in fear I'll get Serpent again or Warrior or one of Trial Dragons. There is a fine line, at least for me, between fun hard stuff and "screw this" hard stuff.
  • Traxxar
    Traxxar
    ✭✭
    CP1600, heavy attack sorc, classic setup

Solo

Cycle 4 I believe. The one before you would get to the end boss of an arc

Baron Zaudrus. That is supposed to be done with a tank and I am not sure how good it is with solo. I had these stone walls pop up everywhere and quicker than I can get. I think I parse around 70k. Not great but not entirely bad and that was not enough.

Which Cycle and Arc did you fight the boss on?
    Which Verses did you find the most and least effective?
    When I get only the light attack ones and then some bash one together. Would like them to have separate effects for light and heavy attack to fit to play styles.

Which Visions did you find the most and least effective?
    Those where unclear. I didn't understand the stacking part of them etc.

Yes
    One where I was transformed into a watcher. I couldn't understand the instructions as they were too soft and there is nothing written anywhere. Had no idea what I was supposed to do. Somehow must have done something right but that was by accident. Frustrating when it isn't even clear what the purpose is.

Just another verse if I got that right. No idea what that was good for.

*Nope. Lacking the tutorial on how many visions and verses I can have hence didn't want to waste it. Also last for a cycle but for 3 second etc. was very unclear.
    If so, how effective were they?
    Would you use them again?

Did you have fun?
    Meh. I will try it again, but it is visually so repetitive. Was nice the first cycle and then it is just the same over and over again.
    Maybe for players that just like the enemies and fighting through waves but for anyone that likes a bit of the exploration it is boring. Maelstrom arena is much more exciting looking.

It is actually quite bad. I am playing mainly BG3 currently and I had been very excited about the endless dungeon to be the thing to bring me back and do with friends and guildies. But I doubt it now.
    It is not an endless dungeon but just short arenas and I had so wished it would be a jump from one part of a dungeon to another one with maybe some procedural generated parts.
    Path of Exile have done a much more exciting job with more variety in the looks, different enemies, always changes and cool visual and impactful effects that the players picks up along the way.
    For having had so many good examples that ZOS could have learned and copied from it feels just like to poor cousin copy on a low budget. I am really sorry to say that as I am sure designers and devs have spend a lot of time on it.

• Traxxar
    Traxxar
    ✭✭
    Oh and I agree what others said about the ability to have either a vet mode or some way to jump forward.
    If I would really practice and have to go through all the same low levels again and again to finally get to the good stuff, I would just not bother.
    Sure with my first run I only got to a certain stage but even that started to be a bit boring. No way I would want to do this more than a handful of times.

Being able to save it when you haven't died and able to log off and log back on to continue would be good. Didn't test if this is possible but I assumed not. I live in a place with an unstable internet connection and that would just suck if you spend hours to grind.
  • svendf
    svendf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi !

I have been reading through the whole post, and could not find anything duo vice including a healer.

Please you, who have access to this PTS and doing these test - please add a healer to your duo. Same goes for single healer.

Im a bit concerned healer mains will have to make a pass on this one.

Please can you test this for us, who main a healer.

Thank You

PS
    Forgot to mention. Im on console and don´t have access to PTS.
    Edited by svendf on September 20, 2023 12:14PM
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    svendf wrote: »
    Hi !

I have been reading through the whole post, and could not find anything duo vice including a healer.

Please you, who have access to this PTS and doing these test - please add a healer to your duo. Same goes for single healer.

Thank You

PS

Just no point to bring a healer in here dps and healer won't work since pushing higher arcs requires a tank so if healers want to compete they would essentially be building as a tank/healer not a pure healer you will not be able to just let dps face tank damage and heal spam them through it at a certain point that just fails tobe a option
    Edited by J18696 on September 20, 2023 12:23PM
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi !

Thank You

PS

If all your character does is heal, you can probably still beat the first go around with a companion but, it's not going to be fast.

If you do some damage, it will be doable but, not probably optimal so I wouldn't expect to be on the high score list if many people are doing it (at least not in a timely manner)

(I'd note that DPS will probably be stuck running some heals so it isn't just healers needing to move outside of their comfort zone)

I did hit one encounter I failed on one of my characters due to lack of damage as the npc that spawned in created a bunch of vortexes. I moved to another area and killed the trash so I could just deal with the boss but, then it spawned more vortexes and I ended up running out of room to move without taking damage and ran out of resources and died before it did.

• svendf
    svendf
    ✭✭✭✭
    J18696 wrote: »
    Hi !

Thank You

PS

Just no point to bring a healer in here dps and healer won't work since pushing higher arcs requires a tank so if healers want to compete they would essentially be building as a tank/healer not a pure healer you will not be able to just let dps face tank damage and heal spam them through it at a certain point that just fails tobe a option

Thank You for answer. Yes that´s, what I am worried about. Then it´s just about asking ZoS to make it more healer freindly.

I have seen a few streams on some runs and can see the tactical advantage of having a tank. It´s sad ZoS have manage to exclude a role for this one.
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi !

Thank You

PS

Thank You for answer. Yes that´s, what I am worried about. Then it´s just about asking ZoS to make it more healer freindly.

I have seen a few streams on some runs and can see the tactical advantage of having a tank. It´s sad ZoS have manage to exclude a role for this one.

I understand wanting to make the content viable for healers but since it's based around solo/duo it's not entirely a option like someone above mentioned you could probably clear arc 1 2 and maybe 3 with a dps healer setup but pushing beyond that will be a struggle without someone holding aggro off the dps

So I mean you can still farm it or achivement hunt the content as a healer you just won't be pushing for leaderboard scores the same as a dps tank duo would be
    Edited by J18696 on September 20, 2023 1:26PM
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • oogaboogaoogabooga
    oogaboogaoogabooga
    ✭✭✭
    So after finishing solo whole non repetative circles up to the circle 7 I can assure you the maraderus that are spawning midfight are way overtuned. It's basically the most difficult bosses right now, harder than the final ones, almost every time if you are soloing it's a guaranteed death. I think you should tune down them a little, especially the one that casting tornadoes, it had 9kk hp, I doubt there is a way to kill him fast enough before he casts 300 tornados everywhere. Make him cast tornado 1 at a time, imho
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi !

Thank You

PS

If you brought a healer with DPS abilities, and the other player brought a tank with DPS abilities yous would be able to make it pretty far.
    Playing since beta...
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So after finishing solo whole non repetative circles up to the circle 7 I can assure you the maraderus that are spawning midfight are way overtuned. It's basically the most difficult bosses right now, harder than the final ones, almost every time if you are soloing it's a guaranteed death. I think you should tune down them a little, especially the one that casting tornadoes, it had 9kk hp, I doubt there is a way to kill him fast enough before he casts 300 tornados everywhere. Make him cast tornado 1 at a time, imho

I've managed to take down the tornado marauder it's the other one I have issues with forget it's name but it looks very similar to magma incarnate hitting me for 22k hits in a duo it's not to bad but solo that particular marauder is a certain death so far for me
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • marchmain
    marchmain
    Soul Shriven
    Don't you always need hybrid builds to run with only two players in this game? Haven't tried Endless Archive yet, but, like, you can't run a DLC dungeon with two trial DPSes (or at least my partner and I can't). Everybody needs to be able to heal themselves, everybody needs to be able to heal the other character, everybody needs to be able to buff and debuff, and somebody needs to be able to taunt and block when needed (maybe with a little help from the armory assistant)
  • svendf
    svendf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi !

Thank You

PS

I understand wanting to make the content viable for healers but since it's based around solo/duo it's not entirely a option like someone above mentioned you could probably clear arc 1 2 and maybe 3 with a dps healer setup but pushing beyond that will be a struggle without someone holding aggro off the dps

So I mean you can still farm it or achivement hunt the content as a healer you just won't be pushing for leaderboard scores the same as a dps tank duo would be

Yes I agree. If they would make a trio - like DD, tank and healer. I see it would not be easy going that path, as there is no clear cut specialized roles in this game, so a DD could simply slot a restro and some other heals.

• oogaboogaoogabooga
    oogaboogaoogabooga
    ✭✭✭

I've managed to take down the tornado marauder it's the other one I have issues with forget it's name but it looks very similar to magma incarnate hitting me for 22k hits in a duo it's not to bad but solo that particular marauder is a certain death so far for me

At some point they are getting so much damage and hp that it's just getting ridiculously hard, you basically are not allowed to take any hits and have to kill trashmobs as well at the same time
    https://imgur.com/a/6TAyf4x
  • oogaboogaoogabooga
    oogaboogaoogabooga
    ✭✭✭
    https://i.imgur.com/rJT8feK.mp4 Like idk, this marauders are griefers, I'm scared of them spawning more than any other boss lmao, they stole all my lifes :D