Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Grim Focus Permaglow

• BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Going to toss my view in too to show some extra support.

While I *personally* don't mind the glow from Grim Focus (And also, I *really* love the way it works now, thank you) as my outfit works with it, I can see how others would find it annoying. Since the skill also evolves into a proc when enough stacks are made, now on both bars, it doesn't do much to help tell you it's ready, aside from a noise and a glowing icon now. So I believe the glow would work better now if it either slowly fades in the more stacks you get, or just do as many have already said and make it glow when there is enough stacks and the bow is ready to fire. That way the people who don't like the glow can still keep the skill, and more importantly we will get a *in-game event to see the bow is ready to proc.*

This game always prides itself on the fast combat, so I feel having the bow glow when ready takes just a little less focus off your hotbar and back to the game itself, letting us react to the bow being ready too. Plus in PvP, it would mean players can see when a NB's bow is ready and can attempt to react to it
    Edited by BenTSG on August 24, 2023 1:17PM
    Options
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Choose a long straight blade. Color blade red plus glow = sith light saber. Ba
    Options
  • hashii
    hashii
    ✭✭✭

I'm currently using the Runepriest's Greatsword, and it looks super amazing with the redglow, and the blue glowing sigils.

Really love this change, and I hope ZOS doesn't do a blanket wipe for this feature, but rather adds a Toggle Feature in the Settings, so people can turn it off if they don't like it.

My nightblades look so dang cool right now. :smiley: Pair this with a vampire character who can run invisible, and you use Ambush to teleport strike with your cool amazing glowy blade.

eew3scpti5hx.png
    Edited by hashii on August 24, 2023 3:36PM
    Options
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hashii wrote: »

My nightblades look so dang cool right now. :smiley: Pair this with a vampire character who can run invisible, and you use Ambush to teleport strike with your cool amazing glowy blade.

eew3scpti5hx.png

The same thing could be done pre-patch by activating the skill.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher
    Options
  • Celticmagick
    For those of you asking for the return of the counter:

The default UI still tracks the number of hits you've done. You're most likely using a mod like Action Duration Reminder which no longer tracks that count or offers a popup icon when the spectral arrow is ready due to the new changes of how the ability works.

I tested it today and the default is still keeping track of hits.
    Options
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The default UI still tracks the number of hits you've done. You're most likely using a mod like Action Duration Reminder which no longer tracks that count or offers a popup icon when the spectral arrow is ready due to the new changes of how the ability works.

I'm not using any addons in my game at all, and it isn't tracking my hits.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Options
  • Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tested it today and the default is not keeping track of hits.
    But the "default" shows when the proc is ready and my "bandits" addon "is still keeping track of hits".
    PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
    Please raise the population caps.
    @ZOS - Convert the heal on "Hardened Ward" into a HoT pls.
    Options
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I'm better at picking up sounds at an indicator for active abilities rather than glow effects.
    What I don't like about the new perma glow is that, on the only nightblade I have, it covers the effect of her weapon pack and cuts into the dwemerologist-like aesthetic I had going with her for years now.

I'd either ask for a return of the glow to indicate that the max amount of stacks as been reached.
    OR a removal of the glow, even though it interferes with the nightblades aesthetic (deep red colors and black to represent shadow and blood magic) and use a soundfile instead.

Options
  • AstroST
    AstroST
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at my NB, hiding in shadows, ready to strike.
    Oh, wait ....
    22utpwwyqmio.png
    Options
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    AstroST wrote: »
    Oh, wait ....
    22utpwwyqmio.png

question is, can enemy players in PvP see the glow while you are hidden?
    Options
  • CKomet
    CKomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Just wanted to follow up here. Thanks for the feedback so far. The Grim Focus glow is working as intended currently. However, we are monitoring player feedback on this. In feedback, please make sure to note why you like or dislike the glow, as we have seen player feedback regarding both.

It's nice that you're watching the feedback... I assume it will be changed but nothing more about it. You already know from other things. my night blades have now become unplayable for me. thanks for that
    normalerweise PC/EU (selten PC/NA)

QuestauflistungAlchemiezutatenHimmelsscherbenHandwerksgutachten(in Arbeit)Schatzkarten(in Arbeit)Kochrezepte(in Arbeit)
    Options
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    laniakea_0 wrote: »
    Oh, wait ....
    22utpwwyqmio.png

There is also the matter of immersion (yes, some of us weirdos care about that). Sneaking around like that in a pve while you're lighting up the ground and walls is just jarring.
    Edited by Snamyap on August 25, 2023 10:40AM
    Options
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snamyap wrote: »
    laniakea_0 wrote: »
    Oh, wait ....
    22utpwwyqmio.png

There is also the matter of immersion (yes, some of us weirdos care about that). Sneaking around like that in a pve while you're lighting up the ground and walls is just jarring.

yep. not very stealthy looking
    Options
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh, wait ....
    22utpwwyqmio.png

more like ready to stealthily direct an air craft.
    Options
  • DuckFayth
    DuckFayth
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely love the glow, visual reminders of skills in the game are huge for me. Especially with this skill always active now, it has been a slight adjustment to remember it exists since I don't have to cast it and that glow is a very helpful indicator.

Maybe I just play with like-minded people as I've only heard positive things about the glow so far. Everything from fashion to combat, it's nice to have weapons glow even when sheathed. Please don't remove it completely if change is considered, maybe just add another checkbox in the combat settings :)
    Options
  • omnidoh
    omnidoh
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I love the perma-glow.
    For those of us who enjoy the RP aspects, I would prefer said effects be permanent instead of having to cast the spell constantly every time I want to see the glow.

It's already a shame that we don't see the glow effects for weapon packs unless our weapons are drawn, and for those players who complain about permanent glow effects, I guess you should also complain about every set in the game that produces them yes? Ebon? Wyrm? etc...?

For weird situations like Gloambound, that's an easy solution: Stop making the weapons vanish when sheathed, or just make any and all attached effects also vanish. #FirstVirtualWorldProblems

Simple solution to all the objections is to make a toggleable setting in the options menu for weapon effects.
    Then you win both crowds: The folks who enjoyed perma-glow effects all the time, and the ones who only prefer it while weapons are drawn.

Heck, let's just make a toggleable setting that causes every other player to disappear from our screen unless we're grouped. Then no one has to see the effects from anyone else, or anyone else at all, until they're in a group. Solo-Scrolls online. :trollface:
    Edited by omnidoh on August 25, 2023 3:06PM
    Options
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: this is how it looks like. May be, someone likes this, but I do not.
    3MRtDN3.png

At the very least the glow should be aligned properly with the weapon. In the case of the bow it clearly is not. That is really a bug. One that I think people were ready to overlook while it was a temporary effect, but are right to expect a fix for if it's permanent.
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    omnidoh wrote: »

For weird situations like Gloambound, that's an easy solution: Stop making the weapons vanish when sheathed.

For many who use gloambound, it is is because the weapons vanish when sheathed, thats not really a solution

Soupy twist
    Options
  • omnidoh
    omnidoh
    ✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    For many who use gloambound, it is is because the weapons vanish when sheathed, thats not really a solution
    Yeah, that's true too.
    I guess some would prefer to have no weapons at all, and then have them appear as part of their schtick.

Ah well, I guess there's no pleasing everyone.
    Options
  • DuckFayth
    DuckFayth
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, wait ....
    22utpwwyqmio.png

Yea you're right, there are no shadows and you're standing in the middle of a completely open area with no cover. My immersion :D
    Options
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    Yeah, that's true too.
    I guess some would prefer to have no weapons at all, and then have them appear as part of their schtick.

Ah well, I guess there's no pleasing everyone.

Gloambound weapons are supposed to mimic conjured weapons so having them appear when sheathed would be ???
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Options
  • metheglyn
    metheglyn
    ✭✭✭✭

The default UI has a counter for me, tracking hits, but I also have option to show buffs enabled. The icon on the bar might not be (likely isn't) showing the counter, but the icon on the buffs definitely is.
    Options
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    metheglyn wrote: »

The default UI has a counter for me, tracking hits, but I also have option to show buffs enabled. The icon on the bar might not be (likely isn't) showing the counter, but the icon on the buffs definitely is.

So the patch did indeed remove the counter on the action bar.

Pre-patch the action bar icon counted the hits. There was no need to use show all buffs.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Options
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not make weapons glow only when weapons are unsheathed?
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
    Options
  • AstroST
    AstroST
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DuckFayth wrote: »
    Oh, wait ....
    22utpwwyqmio.png

Yea you're right, there are no shadows and you're standing in the middle of a completely open area with no cover. My immersion :D

Are you telling me that my NB is so dumb he doesn't even know how shadows works?
    That would explain why he is trying to be a stealth assasin with glowing weapons.

Options
  • Warhawke_80
    Warhawke_80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Nightblade thanks you <3
    ““Elric knew. The sword told him, without words of any sort. Stormbringer needed to fight, for that was its reason for existence...”― Michael Moorcock, Elric of Melniboné
    Options
  • AstroST
    AstroST
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Just wanted to follow up here. Thanks for the feedback so far. The Grim Focus glow is working as intended currently. However, we are monitoring player feedback on this. In feedback, please make sure to note why you like or dislike the glow, as we have seen player feedback regarding both.

I really think youn go it wrong, you have turned this thing in some sort of poll where there are us, who hates the glow, against them who loves the glow and the one with more votes is gonna win.

I think this is utterly wrong, we are not talking about some new asset you are going to introduce in the game where you could ask for our preference.
    We are talking about a sudden and very intrusive change to something that has been in the game from the beginning.

I choose my NB as my main for it's look and feeling, and now it is totally unplayable for me becasue you have changed it.
    You have made a vey big change to something a lot of people have invested time and money for.

If you don't revert this change for me it would show that ZoS has zero respect for the time and money of it's customers.

Options
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those of us who enjoy the RP aspects, I would prefer said effects be permanent instead of having to cast the spell constantly every time I want to see the glow.

It's already a shame that we don't see the glow effects for weapon packs unless our weapons are drawn, and for those players who complain about permanent glow effects, I guess you should also complain about every set in the game that produces them yes? Ebon? Wyrm? etc...?
    There is a gazillion of sets in the game to choose from if someone does not like an effect. With abilities - not so much. Grim focus is a very useful one. As I wrote in my previous post, the workaround for me is to make a loadout in Dressing Room without this ability and switch to the one with Grim Focus for combat (The glow on a bow does not align with the bow, very bright in dark places, and covers a sizable portion of my small wood elf. If interested how it looks, you can scroll up, I posted a pic.). But we really should not be doing that especially when this permaglow negatively affects the looks that were created by players a long time ago (including the motifs/arm packs which the players bought with crowns).

Options
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please remove the perma glow effect!

- I bought a weapon pack to display my nightblade's aesthetic.
    - I don't need the perma glow to tell me I slotted the ability.
    - Letting my opponents know in PvP isn't a game changer either
    - A sound file or an effect only visible once 5 stacks are collected would make sense.

This does not ↓

14aqjnf2heam.png

wdj4z8ma2twd.png

I don't even understand why you'd make the decision to have it glow for sheathed weapons too ↓

2pu0qba1qtzm.png

kgte3v8k55i4.png

This makes me seriously debate to reduce my possible damage output in order to preserve the look my character has been rocking for years and for which I've spent actual money to support the aesthetic I had in mind.

Changes are always scary and there will always be players nagging about everything and everyone but please take into consideration that this isn't one of these posts. The change you made to this class ability puts people using gloamedge weapons into an awful position of looking like a walking bugfest. Players who love their few characters enough to spend actual money on supporting their visuals are questioning their past choices on spending money on weapon packs and other items that align with their visual concept right now.

And the change itself shows no obvious reason for existing.
    I slotted an ability, so now I glow red until the day comes grim focus gets nerfed into the ground.
    Options
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fortunately for me, my NB is an RP character so I unslotted Grim Focus as soon as I saw this on PTS. I feel sorry for any NB mains who are stuck with the hard choice between having one of the most useful skills causing their fashion to be permanently off.

I do hear from one of my guildies that the basegame UI now no longer has the counter for stacks on the icon like it used to, which forced her to download an addon specifically to return a stack counter to the UI. That to me really sounds like a step backwards.

I very much hope that the solution ZOS offers is to remove the glow when Grim Focus has 0-4 stacks, and the weapons start glowing at the 5th stack. When the only indication that the bowproc is ready is a glowing icon (which may be on the other bar...), it's definitely a step backwards from a completely different icon or being able to see the stack counter on vanilla UI. Having the weapon glow come in on that important 5th stack would very much help with playability.
    Options