Grim Focus Permaglow

• master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is there nothing in PTS?
    Need remove the red glow or only glow with 5 stacks.
    Stop giving us despair and give us hope.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hard dislike that permaglow on grim focus. It is also active if the skill is just slotted.

And not only is it really shoving itself in on you it also even does not comply with a lot of weapon shapes

qpwtvo99lhjd.jpg
    fiyhieyr2426.jpg

How does this even pass QC?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    I hard dislike that permaglow on grim focus. It is also active if the skill is just slotted.

And not only is it really shoving itself in on you it also even does not comply with a lot of weapon shapes

qpwtvo99lhjd.jpg
    fiyhieyr2426.jpg

it's working as intended.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

qpwtvo99lhjd.jpg
    fiyhieyr2426.jpg

That's true, they did say that.

Somebody signed off on that.
    Options
  • Punitio
    Punitio
    ✭✭✭
    The patch is already out and they didn't solve this issue, i guess they don't care about people that spent money buying cosmetic weapons from Crown Store, which means i will not buy one again.
    Options
  • FabresFour
    FabresFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all due respect, but the decision to add this permaglow to this ability was simply the worst decision I've ever seen Zenimax make when it comes to 'fashion'.

Talk about how "fashion" is important in The Elder Scrolls Online. And then make one of the most important skills of one of the classes permanently glowing to ruin any possibility of making a different "fashion". Zenimax, you are objectively taking away the "choice" that you imply is so important within your game.

The only thing this will do is: people will spend less money on the game. (which generally should be a good thing for the public, but is for a reason that doesn't make sense)

1) Why buy a weapon that shines from the Crown Store/Crate, if one of my most important skills will ruin the weapon coloring? I know at least 10 people who didn't buy T H E D A W N B R E A K E R precisely because they was main nightblade, and because the permaglow completely ruined the purpose of the purchased weapon)

2) Why try to create different styles for my character, if regardless of what I do, the red colors will be the main highlight regardless?

Honestly, it's EMBARRASSING to have to explain this on a forum. Especially after a topic has so much participation.

Zenimax, your players are not happy about this. And this is simple to resolve.

Add the red glow only when the weapon reaches maximum stack or something like that. It's so simple it's silly.
    @FabresFour - 2075 CP
    Director and creator of the unofficial translation of The Elder Scrolls Online into BR-Portuguese.
    Options
  • MickeyBN
    MickeyBN
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Just wanted to follow up here. Thanks for the feedback so far. The Grim Focus glow is working as intended currently. However, we are monitoring player feedback on this. In feedback, please make sure to note why you like or dislike the glow, as we have seen player feedback regarding both.

This thread has been going since August last year, it has over 800 replies, the vast majority have given their feedback as saying they want the glow removed.

We’ve done what you asked, it’s time to start communicating with us.
    Vaelerys Nightborn - Bosmer Nightblade PC NA
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MickeyBN wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin
    Just wanted to follow up here. Thanks for the feedback so far. The Grim Focus glow is working as intended currently. However, we are monitoring player feedback on this. In feedback, please make sure to note why you like or dislike the glow, as we have seen player feedback regarding both.

This thread has been going since August last year, it has over 800 replies, the vast majority have given their feedback as saying they want the glow removed.

We’ve done what you asked, it’s time to start communicating with us.
    There have also been more than enough replies justifying each like/dislike of the permanent glow. The data is (in my opinion) already adequate.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • shimm
    shimm
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the glow.

I like it too, heck, I’d be okay with them adding more glowy skills.

But this is the internet, it will be changed. Who cares, wins.
    Options
  • Anifaas
    Anifaas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

qpwtvo99lhjd.jpg
    fiyhieyr2426.jpg

That's what I tell my kids when I burn dinner.
    Options
  • Jestir
    Jestir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mostly like the glow but it needs to "fit" the weapon models better than what it does
    Options
  • FayJolyn
    FayJolyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was so disappointed to not see the red glow addressed in the PTS patch notes. just remove the glow when you don't have enough stacks. how hard can that be??
    Zha'ishii - Kahjiit nightblade (main) PC-EU
    Options
  • RetPing
    RetPing
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe more then 800 post may be enough as feedback?
    If you live this thing on, could at lest have some respect for players and fix the bug that leaves red dot every where when you bar swap?
    Would be the least you could do for people that spent money and time on outfits that YOU have destroyed.

Many thanks.

Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RetPing wrote: »

Maybe more then 800 post may be enough as feedback?
    If you live this thing on, could at lest have some respect for players and fix the bug that leaves red dot every where when you bar swap?
    Would be the least you could do for people that spent money and time on outfits that YOU have destroyed.

Many thanks.

It shouldn’t even be a matter of feedback. It goes against the spirit of ESO. Why do many MMOs limit options for looks and outfits along gender lines? I would suppose because it is what the majority of players like, but many such as myself resent not having a choice. One of the reasons I love ESO is to make my characters as I like and most of my female characters aren’t glamorous and wear practical outfits. Likewise, I liked that ESO was less flashy than many MMOs, or at least had such options. It is one of the reasons I gravitated to nightblade and never much liked dragonknight.

TL;DR If many players want glowy weapons, fine, make it an outfit style option or make weapon pack type styles available in game or other such options. Don’t make a key skill apply a permanent appearance change.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on February 2, 2024 9:14PM
    Options
  • sharffffff
    sharffffff
    ✭✭✭
    What's even funnier in regards to "the glow is intentional" point is this: the glow is completely client-side. Recently grouped up with another nightblade to farm for leads and at some point noticed they weren't glowing, so decided to ask them if they didn't have grim focus slotted. They did, it is just invisible to other players, and they couldn't see mine as well.
    So I wonder, just how intentional this permaglow is, if it is only visible to you and nobody else? One would think that intentional glow would be visible to everyone, as if it was an active skill or an outfit, but no, it is entirely client-side.
    Makes you think on if it truly is intentional, doesn't it?
    Options
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    sharffffff wrote: »
    What's even funnier in regards to "the glow is intentional" point is this: the glow is completely client-side. Recently grouped up with another nightblade to farm for leads and at some point noticed they weren't glowing, so decided to ask them if they didn't have grim focus slotted. They did, it is just invisible to other players, and they couldn't see mine as well.
    So I wonder, just how intentional this permaglow is, if it is only visible to you and nobody else? One would think that intentional glow would be visible to everyone, as if it was an active skill or an outfit, but no, it is entirely client-side.
    Makes you think on if it truly is intentional, doesn't it?

can you confirm if this could be because of the additional ally effects setting?
    Options
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can confirm that I have not changed my ally settings, because I like to see all of the effects, and a friend of mine could not see my character glowing. I noticed that earlier in this topic, someone said they could see someone else’s glow, but I don’t understand how that can be because the majority of people are saying only they can see the glow, no one else looking at their characters can.
    Options
  • BulletMagnetX
    BulletMagnetX
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of the glow, I play my Nightblade as a rustic, physical character with minimal magical nonsense. With the exception of my Oblivion explorer themed outfit that uses Gloambound weapons. It was interesting putting the glow on them when it was an activated ability, but having it on constantly when my weapons are dismissed is kind of a bummer. I stopped using it.

It seems it's not even useful for identifying your class to others (if that were somehow warranted) as the effect is invisible to other players. Some kind of effect toggle would be ideal. But failing that, an effect like this that is activated permanently should only be visible when certain conditions are met, in this case I would suggest when the attack component is ready. It would certainly make it easier to track, especially since the icon can be hard to see and often glitches to be stuck.
    Molag's balls!
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    I can confirm that I have not changed my ally settings, because I like to see all of the effects, and a friend of mine could not see my character glowing. I noticed that earlier in this topic, someone said they could see someone else’s glow, but I don’t understand how that can be because the majority of people are saying only they can see the glow, no one else looking at their characters can.

What they saw was most likely a temporary similar effect, as from siphoning/leeching strikes. But it’s also possible that this perglow bug is effected by additional variables as on console it gets activated just by assigning skill points to it whereas on PC you have to slot it.
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of the glow, I play my Nightblade as a rustic, physical character with minimal magical nonsense. With the exception of my Oblivion explorer themed outfit that uses Gloambound weapons. It was interesting putting the glow on them when it was an activated ability, but having it on constantly when my weapons are dismissed is kind of a bummer. I stopped using it.

It seems it's not even useful for identifying your class to others (if that were somehow warranted) as the effect is invisible to other players. Some kind of effect toggle would be ideal. But failing that, an effect like this that is activated permanently should only be visible when certain conditions are met, in this case I would suggest when the attack component is ready. It would certainly make it easier to track, especially since the icon can be hard to see and often glitches to be stuck.

I thought you used to be able to see when other nightblades had the bow proc ready. I thought it was just like arcanist, so you could know when they had a killing shot ready like with the three arcanist crux and a more powerful beam. For PvP specifically I guess, or maybe in a trials group.

So if true, that would not be consistent.

EDIT: typo
    Edited by katanagirl1 on February 3, 2024 5:24AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought you used to be able to see when other nightblades had the bow proc ready. I thought it was just like arcanist, so you could know when they had a killing shot ready like with the three arcanist crux and a more powerful beam. For PvP specifically I guess, or maybe in a trials group.

Yes, if the weapons ONLY glowed when there was five stacks and were visible to ALL players, then it would serve a useful purpose! As it is, it serves no purpose whatsoever. :/
    Options
  • Vrelanier
    Vrelanier
    ✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    I noticed that earlier in this topic, someone said they could see someone else’s glow, but I don’t understand how that can be because the majority of people are saying only they can see the glow, no one else looking at their characters can.

My partner has additional ally effects on. He can see my Grim Focus glow whether we're grouped or not, as long as I slot it while he is there. The glow is not there if I travel to him, grouped or not, skill already slotted or not. It's there only if I slot it again. Maybe he can see it because our characters are married? Neither of us has the ring on. Maybe we can all just marry each other, then everyone gets to suffer the red butt glow! (Edit: okay maybe not everyone has it on the butt, but dual wielders do!)
    Edited by Vrelanier on February 3, 2024 8:25AM
    Options
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Not on other NBs. It just looked different on your own UI.

The bowproc used to change the icon completely. It went from the red fist looking icon to a dark blue icon that looked like a sneaky dude in a robe. Even if you were using the basegame "show backbar timers," you were able to see the new icon there so you knew it was ready.

Now it's the same fist icon, but you get the glow on the side. Yes, it's obvious in the was that arcanist max damaged is obvious - it's just the glow around the icon. But that's not as big of a change as it used to be, and it's no longer visible from the basegame backbar timer since it's not techincally got a timer on it anymore.

Another thing that ended up changing was that the basegame timer showed your stacks on frontbar as well. Now that it's not on a timer, there is no way to know your stacks without getting an addon to do that.

Essentially, the glow used to tell you if you had the skill active or not, so you knew to start looking at your stacks (which you could see) or recast when it was out. Now, the basegame stack counting system doesn't work because there's no timer, and the only way you know is to swap to that bar and look for an easy-to-miss glow around the edges of the icon. It does feel like a step backwards.
    Yes, the red glow did not used to tell us the bowproc was ready. But since the information we git from it (is the skill active) can be obtained elsewhere (yes, I slotted it so I know it's active) and the loss of the timer broke one of the other major features of the skill, a lot of people would like the red glow (which is useless now) to give us that piece of information we no longer get without staring at our bars (is bowproc ready).
    Edited by tomofhyrule on February 3, 2024 3:27PM
    Options
  • aspergalas4
    aspergalas4
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fix what you broke already.
    Options
  • shimm
    shimm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, so many interesting points of view… made over and over by the same people (800 posts indeed, how many of them are from 20 or so folks?) Seems a lot of posters think it’s a bug - seems like ZOS should move this to the “bug” forum. Please.
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    shimm wrote: »
    Wow, so many interesting points of view… made over and over by the same people (800 posts indeed, how many of them are from 20 or so folks?) Seems a lot of posters think it’s a bug - seems like ZOS should move this to the “bug” forum. Please.
    No, the thread should stay in the general section. The permaglow is not a bug, just poor design, which many posters have commented on.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shimm wrote: »
    seems like ZOS should move this to the “bug” forum. Please.

Can't be a bug, as ZOS has already stated in this thread that it is working as intended. Crooked beams, phantom red spots, and all.

Options
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the permaglow....
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
    Options
  • Taggund
    Taggund
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've started playing my NBs again, and I really hate the glow. I was picking out a weapon style on the outfit station and it just really does not matter, it's just a glow.
    Options
  • Shara_Wynn
    Shara_Wynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it has just been a test for their new skill styling abilities, perhaps it's time to remove it.

It is unfair on those who dislike it to force it on them especially given all the customization players have over their outfits and all the time, effort and money many have spent on them.

It's not like it's only there in combat or anything. It's there all the time. Other than removing the skill whenever you are not in combat, you are stuck with it, and it's pretty poor of ZOS to expect players to have to do that, just so as not to suffer it.

The fact some say it's just client side as well, what a slap in the face :#
    Options