Grim Focus Permaglow

• joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, please fix this already.

The reason I dislike it is because it is ruining so many weapon styles! It just shows on top of other effects or doesn't align properly.

Specially with weapons sheathed it is worse.
    Options
  • dcrush
    dcrush
    ✭✭✭✭
    It looks like ZOS’s response to player feedback on this was filed in the same drawer as the U35 Q&A.
    Edited by dcrush on January 11, 2024 5:41PM
    Options
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dcrush wrote: »
    It looks like ZOS’s response to player feedback on this was filed in the same drawer as the U35 Q&A.

I've reached the point where I'd say that expecting them to file anything in regards of this or other longterm issues that other companies would have long taken care of by now, is quite the generous thought.

I'm not a native speaker, so I just had to spent a couple minutes on the web to find the most fitting term to describe how I feel in regards of ZOS practices. - Appalment. I feel appaled. Thanks for teaching me this new word, Zos.
    Options
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This needs fixing please. Add an option to toggle it off.

It’s a massive eyesore. I would prefer to be not perma lit like a holiday tree.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
    Options
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please give me my NB aesthetic back ZOS. :'(
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad I don't play my NB anymore! If I did, I'd have to remove this skill just to avoid the annoying 'perma-glow'. Not sure who thought this was a good idea, but if they are going to make it permanent, they should give players an OPTIONAL toggle in settings to disable it. CHOICES are always better than forcing something upon players.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion, I honestly don't think it looks that bad since there are some darker red swirly things on the weapons. It doesn't glow as bright when weapons are sheath, in daylight, or when there's another brighter glowing light source.
    087xyueigi1n.png
    On the other hand when the weapons are out, it glows brighter, and, the red glow is more obvious in dimmer lighting or darkness.
    b5yovzirnabp.jpg

I have night blade alts and the color red ain't stopping me from playing.
    Edited by wilykcat on January 12, 2024 1:48PM
    Options
  • RetPing
    RetPing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wilykcat wrote: »
    In my opinion, I honestly don't think it looks that bad since there are some darker red swirly

I have night blade alts and the color red ain't stopping me from playing.

To show that a red permaglow is not that bad you use a character that is totally red thus masking that thing?
    You don't see any flaw in your thesis?

Options
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe they designed it to be like this. Kinda wild to me.

I like the idea of having glowy swords, but if I want that, I just use a style page. If something is going to color your weapons, you should be able to opt out.
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
    Options
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I make the red glow look good by making my character's outfit red and white. Now I play my nightblade a lot more since she looks so much better with the new outfit. Problem solved.

As everyone's opinions are different (even within this debate about the red glow) its best to respect all.
    Options
  • aspergalas4
    aspergalas4
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fix this please.
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I make the red glow look good by making my character's outfit red and white. Now I play my nightblade a lot more since she looks so much better with the new outfit. Problem solved.

As everyone's opinions are different (even within this debate about the red glow) its best to respect all.

Agreed! That’s why I advocate ZOS respecting all players, many of us who have invested time and money in customizing our characters, and lose the permaglow from the slotted ability (and never do such a thing with an ability again!) and give all players (regardless of class) the OPTION to give a glow to character weapons via the outfit station or similar.

Options are good! :)

This red glow did not at all work for my nature-themed (ranger archetype) and stealthy shadow themed nightblade characters. :(
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, it's funny how many of ZOS' design decisions could be fixed for ALL players simply by making a particular feature optional. ;)
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • aspergalas4
    aspergalas4
    ✭✭✭✭

Agreed! That’s why I advocate ZOS respecting all players, many of us who have invested time and money in customizing our characters, and lose the permaglow from the slotted ability (and never do such a thing with an ability again!) and give all players (regardless of class) the OPTION to give a glow to character weapons via the outfit station or similar.

Options are good! :)

This red glow did not at all work for my nature-themed (ranger archetype) and stealthy shadow themed nightblade characters. :(

Couldn't agree more. Options options options.
    Options
  • Dax_Draconis
    Dax_Draconis
    ✭✭✭
    So I just wanted to express my displeasure with the permanent glow. Why is my only choice to remove the skill?

64014ucly8m1.jpg
    9ujwydlmik4b.jpg

Please fix this issue.
    Options
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why should it be removed?

Because my stealthy nightblade now has some red emergency light enabled, like you would put bells on cats.

I like it in the way that you build up the stacks, so you have this visual cue, but I don't see why it should be permanently on. I'm not sure how many other classes have something like that, it's unusual.

It shouldn't show up over other item effects, such as ruining the Gloambound invisibility, or changing the color theme of other styles we paid crowns for.

As a compromise, you can make a style that will mimic this behavior for the players who like it. For example, I would like a similar glow, but golden, for my templar.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
    Options
  • Shazanti
    Shazanti
    ✭✭✭
    I utterly despise the permanent glow.

I would understand if this glow was a 'skill is ready to be used now!' because that is, indeed, quite useful as it can be very helpful. Having the glow always on means I am forced to remove a skill that I would much rather not be forced to remove entirely.

Please tweak this skill to remove the always-on effect, so that my NB gets her entire kit back. Please.
    Options
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah and you just ruined thousands upon thousands of outfits that costed money and a lot of time. Players have even bonded with some of their character's looks.

Also, you're pidgeonholing thousands of characters to being red, I don't think this is a good idea.
    Options
  • dcrush
    dcrush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don’t worry, we’ve got scribing coming up so then you can change the color of your skills… only for the grim focus light to still make them look red probably.
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck.

I've been asking for a change to Boundless Armor for 10 years so I can actually see my character I've spent a lot of time, gold and money designing outfits for. They don't care.

Only hope is that down the line, we will get Skill Styles for class skills. Although those will most likely end up in the cash shop.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Good luck.

I've been asking for a change to Boundless Armor for 10 years so I can actually see my character I've spent a lot of time, gold and money designing outfits for. They don't care.

Only hope is that down the line, we will get Skill Styles for class skills. Although those will most likely end up in the cash shop.

@Faulgor Do you mean Boundless Storm? Because there's no such thing as Boundless Armor, only Bound Armour and that has had its effect permanently removed instead of permanently on like Grim Focus.

Boundless Storm is still the same as always.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • aspergalas4
    aspergalas4
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am really hoping we get a red glow option for all the spells with the scribing and spell styling features coming with the new chapter so I can match the aesthetic I didn't actually choose but was imposed on my NB.
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck.

That’s only while the skill (I assume you mean Boundless Storm?) is being used, like the effect or not. Same for DK, I don’t like how a lot of the effects look, but none are constant, just for having the skill slotted. The NB permanent ugly Grim Focus effect is ridiculous and serves no purpose.
    Options
  • shimm
    shimm
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like it. Keep adding cool visual cues like this.
    Options
  • MikeSkyrim333
    MikeSkyrim333
    ✭✭✭✭
    58jrnjk3psmy.gif
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shimm wrote: »

There's no cue.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There's no cue.
    Agreed, what we need is a proper cue: no glow for 0 grim focus stacks, incrementally going up to the full glow for 5 stacks. That's how it should have been to start with.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck.

@Faulgor Do you mean Boundless Storm? Because there's no such thing as Boundless Armor, only Bound Armour and that has had its effect permanently removed instead of permanently on like Grim Focus.

Boundless Storm is still the same as always.
    Always forget what the base morph is called. I'm talking about Lightning Form.
    Good luck.

That’s only while the skill (I assume you mean Boundless Storm?) is being used, like the effect or not. Same for DK, I don’t like how a lot of the effects look, but none are constant, just for having the skill slotted. The NB permanent ugly Grim Focus effect is ridiculous and serves no purpose.
    "Only while being used" is pretty much permanent in combat, though. And it's not just obscuring your look, but other effects placed on you as well. In certain environments, your character can become downright invisible. It's actually impeding gameplay.

I'm not saying it's exactly the same as Grim Focus, obviously there are differences. What's common is that ZOS rarely does anything about skill visual complaints. :/
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • shimm
    shimm
    ✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »

There's no cue.
    Agreed, what we need is a proper cue: no glow for 0 grim focus stacks, incrementally going up to the full glow for 5 stacks. That's how it should have been to start with.

I like the glow, but this would be a good compromise.
    Options
  • shimm
    shimm
    ✭✭✭✭

There's no cue.

A visual cue is something that indicates a condition - glowing red indicates you have the skill on one of your bars.
    Options