Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Grim Focus Permaglow

• TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Mogli wrote: »
    I just hope they do an animation overhaul for the older classes and bring their abilities on line with what arcanist has. We look like 2014 classes while the game is moving into 2024

Negative. They tried to "update" Jabs and Flurry and the majority were not pleased with the results.

Let's not encourage them to alter things that aren't broken.

Agreed 100%.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    honestly i like it... however...

the issue is grim focus effect is glitched on a huge ammount of cosmetics. the glow just isn't positioned properly. this happens a lot with bows.
    Edited by francesinhalover on December 9, 2023 2:49PM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
    Options
  • aspergalas4
    aspergalas4
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just hope they do an animation overhaul for the older classes and bring their abilities on line with what arcanist has. We look like 2014 classes while the game is moving into 2024

They need to do this for sure. A lot more focus needs to be placed on existing classes and keeping them fresh and exciting. More morphs, anims and spells added wouldn't go amiss either.
    Options
  • Yuji34
    Yuji34
    ✭✭✭

YES PLEASE u0rwbg8ay9uw.png
    tea6effbb5lt.png
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 22 DLCs. 35 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Have you guys still not fixed this bug yet? xD
    At least the All-Maker crates made it into the game without issue.

It's not a bug, Devs said it's intended.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet friend.

I believe the people talking about the thing they made.

I don't, now what?

Stop playing?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    let me express an unpopular opinion - finally I can have a permanent red glow on my weapons.

though I do agree, there should be a toggle.

And @Jaraal is 200% correct - do NOT tell ZOS to improve that which should not be improved.
    Edited by Drammanoth on December 17, 2023 4:25PM
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland
    >>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

>>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>restoration of destroyed cities, eg. Satakalaam, Aswala, Gil-Var-Delle, etc. Making them permanently restored, maybe with some traders OR minor quest hubs.

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

>>a mount OF CHOICE (eg. horse, senche, quasigryph) for every 1200 CP in respective colours
    >>a permanent 10% bonus to gold gain from every source for 900 CP collected on Craft
    >> a permanent 5% attack / defence bonus for 900 CP collected on Warfare
    >>a permanent 10% bonus to health/stam/mag regen and 5% health/stam/mag increase for 900 CP on Fitness

IV.Replayable content in overland
    >>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

V.Dungeons

>>story mode for dungeons - sometimes I don't want to do a dungeon quest with sprinters. They will rush from boss to boss and leave without saying a thing. I'd love to enjoy the time, even though I've done a dungeon many times

VI.Chapter ideas
    >>Whiterun + Fields of Regret DLC

>>Winterhold (Winterhold Hold) + Dawnstar (The Pale Hold) DLC

>>Timelines series: Cyrodiil
    some Imperial noble/vagabond - a Tharn - becomes the new emperor, so the claims of Ayrenn, Jorun or Emeric are for naught. Vestige begins the long and arduous process of rebuilding Cyrodiil, 1st in their own alliance, and then as they would along Cadwell's silver and gold.

>>Solstheim CH or DLC.

>>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

>>Blackmarsh CH or DLC.

>>Akavir CH.

>>Atmora CH.

>>Peryite's Pits DLC.

>>Vaermina's Quagmire DLC.

VII.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>possibility to research traits on Companions' equipment so that we could change the traits

>>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet they are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>highlighting WBs that are being engaged

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>Norg-Tzel - for Mara's sake, ZOS, REMOVE it from the list please!
    Options
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posting an update on the conversation. The current pro and contra arguments in regards of the new state of Grim Focus:

Pro:

Some players welcome the enforced glow, as they now don't have to purchase a weapon pack with red particle or glow effects in order to customize their character "reddish/nightblade-ish." Therefore saving money on ~17€ weapon packs for personal customization preferences as the now permanent spell effect serves as a quasi-armspack.

Contra:

Conflicts with any UI that utilizes global lighting - Will continue to conflict with any UI of this particular style in the future:

lrh6tut56vb1.png

Is permanently visible upon slotting (just skilling on console), rendering already purchased weapon packs obsolete followed by customer support refusing to allow refunds for players who bought said weapon pack for their nightblade specifically.
    For comparison, the sorcerer's spell Bound Armor got its own permanent effect removed within the same patch. Causing confusion in regards of the developers intend behind the willfull change or bug.

k17lr14v3hdg.png

Mentioning in the patch notes that the ability will be highlighted on the bar once the max amount of stacks is reached, while not mentioning in any section that the glow is now permanent once the skill is slotted. Which of both serves as the better indicator is up for debate.

eiau4u7xehmo.png

Additionally, the spell remains visible only to the nightblade player, therefore lacking further indication of the slotted spell in regards of PvP. Console players also reported, that the spell doesn't have to be slotted in order for the glow to appear. A spent skill point in said spell suffices. Forgot to add those in the first summary.

Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yuji34 wrote: »

YES PLEASE u0rwbg8ay9uw.png
    tea6effbb5lt.png

At least DK’s ugly skills are activation only! Can you imagine if you had to walk around with that wonky lava texture just for slotting magma shell? Ugh!

Just slotting Grim Focus ruins the look of the bow I paid real money for. :angry:

3z32vcrhok2j.pngag9z8byp5vhy.png

I’m all for options for ability appearances, and separately, options for people to modify the appearance of their outfit and gear, adding auras/glows if they so desire.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on December 17, 2023 6:39PM
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just slotting Grim Focus ruins the look of the bow I paid real money for. :angry:

3z32vcrhok2j.pngag9z8byp5vhy.png

Pretty disappointing that they don't seem to be concerned about the real money you invested in your character's style, especially the Crown styles that were specifically sold to give the appearance of not having weapons. And they've refused to refund those who have requested it due to changes beyond their own control. Hard to understand, for sure.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • AllegedParadigm
    AllegedParadigm
    ✭✭✭
    I'm new to the nightblade, but I am sad the skill covers up other things I have spent money on.
    PC/NA August 2020 | PvP Nerd, Housing Enthusiast, Completionist
    Koritha Larethian | AR50 High Elf Necromancer
    Yaeli al-Iskour | AR27 Redguard Templar
    Options
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw, the most recent ice themed weapons (with the all-maker crates I guess) have the same issue as the Gloambound. The bow disappears when you sheathe it, leaving you with a very obvious and very odd glow where it should be.

A toggle would be great.
    Options
  • aspergalas4
    aspergalas4
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you guys still not fixed this bug yet? xD
    At least the All-Maker crates made it into the game without issue.

It's not a bug, Devs said it's intended.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet friend.

I believe the people talking about the thing they made.

I don't, now what?

Stop playing?

An exceptional retort, you got me there. I should stop playing a game I enjoy playing for the most part and have thrown a lot of money into because of a visual bug introduced to my main I've been playing for 8 years you are right. Thank you for this advice.
    Options
  • YORKSHIRE76
    YORKSHIRE76
    ✭✭✭
    Kirawolfe wrote: »
    Btw, the most recent ice themed weapons (with the all-maker crates I guess) have the same issue as the Gloambound. The bow disappears when you sheathe it, leaving you with a very obvious and very odd glow where it should be.

A toggle would be great.

It does say in the description that "some combat effects may still show".. But which ones?.. who knows?
    Only Zos, and they wont tell us what skills effect what crown store purchases, it doesn't even show up in the preview. How the heck am I supposed to know what effect I am paying for?
    Red glow? No glow? I dont know!
    Options
  • YORKSHIRE76
    YORKSHIRE76
    ✭✭✭
    My bad the grim red does show on preview. It looks terrible
    Be careful when you preview it, it can be hard to spot, until you buy it I guess.
    Edited by YORKSHIRE76 on December 18, 2023 4:44PM
    Options
  • YORKSHIRE76
    YORKSHIRE76
    ✭✭✭
    4 months of feedback now, any decisions or updates planned?
    Options
  • QuinnTheWolf
    QuinnTheWolf
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Just wanted to follow up here. Thanks for the feedback so far. The Grim Focus glow is working as intended currently. However, we are monitoring player feedback on this. In feedback, please make sure to note why you like or dislike the glow, as we have seen player feedback regarding both.

Instead of removing the glow and ruining the skill for players who do like it (like myself) why not make it a toggle in the graphics settings called
    'toggle weapon glow'

Toggling this off will disable the effect for yourself and any player weapon you can see, this will not affect the glow for other players, basicaly another (MUCH NEEDED) option in the settings pannel

its a win win!, players who like their weapons glowing from skills and outfits can keep them, players with a machine that isn't strong or those who just don't like it can disable it

i am pretty sure the glow is just a flat texture, one that can be toggled on or off

id personaly hate it if grim focus n morphs, tome bearer's inspiration or any of the outfit styles from the undaunted lose this effect
    i bought the outfit pieces FOR THAT PURPOSE :D and my nightblade is my precious! please don't ruin it with a [snip] removal wereas a long overdue feature that should've been implemented years ago can litteraly quell this issue

please considder this

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 9, 2024 4:51PM
    Options
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or just don't push faulty content onto your players and treat their spend money and requests for very well justified refunds with an abysmal level of ignorance. Consider this. Don't wave the "We meant to do this flag" before people even let you in on the expand of issues in this thread. Consider this. Stop resting on the cluelessness of people to cloak your careless behaviour. Consider this.

It's been 4 months. I won't get my money back. I don't enjoy playing one of my most favorite characters anymore because it constantly reminds me of how I'm sticking to a game whose company treats it's playerbase like moneybags.

Honestly fed up. With every month I find myself reporting new issues on this forum and not even 50% of them are getting resumed.
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to follow up here. Thanks for the feedback so far. The Grim Focus glow is working as intended currently. However, we are monitoring player feedback on this. In feedback, please make sure to note why you like or dislike the glow, as we have seen player feedback regarding both.

Instead of removing the glow and ruining the skill for players who do like it (like myself) why not make it a toggle in the graphics settings called
    'toggle weapon glow'

Toggling this off will disable the effect for yourself and any player weapon you can see, this will not affect the glow for other players, basicaly another (MUCH NEEDED) option in the settings pannel

its a win win!, players who like their weapons glowing from skills and outfits can keep them, players with a machine that isn't strong or those who just don't like it can disable it

i am pretty sure the glow is just a flat texture, one that can be toggled on or off

id personaly hate it if grim focus n morphs, tome bearer's inspiration or any of the outfit styles from the undaunted lose this effect
    i bought the outfit pieces FOR THAT PURPOSE :D and my nightblade is my precious! please don't ruin it with a [snip] removal wereas a long overdue feature that should've been implemented years ago can litteraly quell this issue

please considder this

If this would be per character (I like my Arcanists’ effects) and would only affect ability effects, that would be an option. Point being that if I buy a weapon style with a glow, I would still want to see that — that’s part of the reason I hate the Grim Focus permaglow as it ruins the look of my Chokethorn bow.

Personally, I don’t think any ability should create an effect from being slotted and instead people should get the option to add glows/auras to their weapons as part of the outfit station regardless of class.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 9, 2024 4:53PM
    Options
  • YORKSHIRE76
    YORKSHIRE76
    ✭✭✭
    Visable when usable in combat please.

I'm sure Zos said in some update or other that they wanted players to focus on what was happening on screen. Not looking at our skill bars.
    Looking at the skill bar is now the only way to see if it's ready.
    I wonder how other non nightblades would feel if they had to suffer it on screen.
    ZOS did change arcanist skills visuals after launch due to negative feedback.
    On a positive note the actual skill change is great, the visual and the in game feedback is not. Just my opinion..
    Options
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I will once again say that I don't want to hide all weapon effects. I just don't want weapon effects permanently on like grim focus has been since the change.

I LIKE a lot of the skill effects in this game. The issue with grim focus is that it's PERMANENTLY ON JUST FOR SLOTTING IT.

A toggle for general weapon effects is not a solution.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher
    Options
  • aspergalas4
    aspergalas4
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised this still hasn't been hotfixed yet xD
    Getting a little bit silly now really.
    Edited by aspergalas4 on January 8, 2024 5:36PM
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is disappointing. Ideally I would have liked this skill fixed so that any visuals are only informative, as for most skills (like the particular visual or bot is another matter, but at least it had a purpose and was temporary), and given players who would like more permanent effects for their weapons more such options. Otherwise, I would like an official statement from ZOS saying why they made this change and are keeping it.

As for me, I’m assuming that it may never be fixed and have deleted one of my nightblades and switched the others to non-DPS roles.
    Options
  • YORKSHIRE76
    YORKSHIRE76
    ✭✭✭
    5 months...still gathering feedback.
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Morvan wrote: »
    I hate that change tbh, no skills should give you everlasting effects, the glow could be switched to only appear when you have 5 stacks and ready to fire, I now need to constantly switch skills when I'm not doing anything just to get rid of it.
    Agreed. As someone who only just started using this skill on my sole nightblade character, I'd also prefer to see the glow only when the skill is ready to fire.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • RetPing
    RetPing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The permaglow in my opinion is really horrible and a slap in the face to people that care and spend time and money to create unique outfits.

But what I find really sad is the fact that it's totally bugged and leaves red dots every time you bar swap.
    They not only forced a visual change on everyone but also did not care enough that the change it totally bugged.
    Options
  • Anifaas
    Anifaas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I think of stealthy assassin, a glowing red beacon comes to mind. Like a lighthouse in the dark. /s
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

'toggle weapon glow'

please considder this

I think this is the best compromise. I personally love the Grim Focus glow and have incorporated it into my NB's style. I'd be pretty disappointed if it was removed.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 9, 2024 4:53PM
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »

'toggle weapon glow'

please considder this

I think this is the best compromise. I personally love the Grim Focus glow and have incorporated it into my NB's style. I'd be pretty disappointed if it was removed.

[edited to remove quote]

As I’ve said before, it would make much more sense to add an option for weapon glow at the outfit station. It makes no sense to be tied to a skill and to ruin weapon styles people have paid for. I don’t want to take away an effect some people like, but make it optional and available to everyone, regardless of class and abilities used.
    Options
  • aspergalas4
    aspergalas4
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only solution that makes any sense gameplay wise whilst addressing the issues raised by NBs is making it glow at 5 stacks only, that way the minority who want it all the time can just build their stack and run around at full stack whilst the other 99% of NBs only have to see it in combat as an indicative tool for the active use. It's not hard.

It's been stated clearly many many times with no refutation.
    Edited by aspergalas4 on January 9, 2024 8:03PM
    Options
  • Ceridith
    Ceridith
    ✭✭
    I'd really like if this were fixed to only glow at 5 stacks, or at least give us some way to disable the glow without having to un-slot the skill. I'd even prefer for the glow just to permanently go away over having it be on 100% of the time, it serves no practical purpose and is overbearingly bright.

The issue is so bothersome that I've passed on purchasing cosmetic weapon sets because the permanent red glow ruins so many of them. You'd think ZOS would want address the issue as they're basically losing out on crown purchases because of it. But I guess the up side is that it saves me some money.
    Options