Maintenance for the week of August 19:
· [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – August 21, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – August 21, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Grim Focus Permaglow

• Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    Jazraena wrote: »
    i LOVE the perma glow!! Especially that it is red. Coming from another game, where you could enchant weapons with appearances, like this, i really missed it. This was a huge, wonderful thing for me.

Whether some people love it or not is immaterial. Everyone else is forced to have it as well, including people who spent money on things that are now no longer usable.

Again, the solution to a red glow cosmetic is a red glow cosmetic, not a retroactive forced glow on every Nightblade out there.

Agreed. In the beginning, I thought I could live with the glow and just ignore it, but over time I’ve just grown more and more irritated when I see it to the point of subconsciously and consciously avoiding using my Nightblades for anything, and I hate that. 😢

People acting like they cannot play their nightblade at ALL due to one single ability. So don't use that ability and use something else. No red glow. Is it a perfect solution, maybe not, but it is something at least. It's not the end of the world.
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    Jazraena wrote: »
    i LOVE the perma glow!! Especially that it is red. Coming from another game, where you could enchant weapons with appearances, like this, i really missed it. This was a huge, wonderful thing for me.

Whether some people love it or not is immaterial. Everyone else is forced to have it as well, including people who spent money on things that are now no longer usable.

Again, the solution to a red glow cosmetic is a red glow cosmetic, not a retroactive forced glow on every Nightblade out there.

Agreed. In the beginning, I thought I could live with the glow and just ignore it, but over time I’ve just grown more and more irritated when I see it to the point of subconsciously and consciously avoiding using my Nightblades for anything, and I hate that. 😢

People acting like they cannot play their nightblade at ALL due to one single ability. So don't use that ability and use something else. No red glow. Is it a perfect solution, maybe not, but it is something at least. It's not the end of the world.

Why not strive for a better solution?

FWIW removing a skill that adds well over 10% damage to a standard NB build total damage, which doesn't even account for the extra damage it adds to every other skill from the bonus weapon/spell dmg stack mechanic, is kind of nuts.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (and freer hair color options for all)
  • kyatos_binarini
    kyatos_binarini
    ✭✭✭
    - make it glow only in combat
    - remove glow
    - add game setting to hide all glows from all abilities (like polymorph helmet)
    - glow only with 5 stacks
    Edited by kyatos_binarini on October 11, 2023 4:17PM
  • AlterBlika
    AlterBlika
    ✭✭✭✭

Rework kinda ruined this skill. I personally don't care about glowing but they removed the counter and now I'm forced to use addons to be as effective as before lol, otherwise it's very inconvenient to track stacks. And also so many people complain about the glowing. They could just make it refreshable upon bow proc, keep stacks on the skill bar and get rid of permanent glow, but oh well
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss the animation that came with activating this skill.

The glow should come with a 'only in combat toggle'.
  • AstroST
    AstroST
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Merciless resolve is one of the strongest skill in the game and your solution is to not use it?

Not everyone play ESO as some casual sandbox theme park, a lot of people also loves hard and competitive things both in PvP and PvE.
    NB is simply not viable without that skill in both
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Just wanted to follow up here. Thanks for the feedback so far. The Grim Focus glow is working as intended currently. However, we are monitoring player feedback on this. In feedback, please make sure to note why you like or dislike the glow, as we have seen player feedback regarding both.

But why would you take choice away from players and make it only one way or the other 'based on feedback'. Why wouldn't you let each player choose with a toggle setting?
  • Lozeenge
    Lozeenge
    ✭✭✭
    any nightblade player who has at least the bare minimum understanding of the class or is not a healer/tank will not take this. grim focus is not only a strong ability but it's part of the class identity. it's probably why the skill has a unique glowing effect in the first place.

this is like asking a templar to just not use jabs anymore after the animation changes. you would be surprised how many people stopped playing that class after the devs went radio silent on that feedback!
    PC-NA / 1500+ CP / PvE mostly / "Mama didn't raise no tank."
  • Morvan
    Morvan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess another ignored feedback? They even added on the description of the new sheath to hide weapon that it doesn't hide some effects, probably in reflection of everyone complaining about this skill

jvs5tlqd79fl.png
    @MorvanClaude on PC/NA, don't try to trap me with lore subjects, it will work
  • dcrush
    dcrush
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the official ZOS response to this can be found in the update 35 Q&A.
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morvan wrote: »
    I guess another ignored feedback? They even added on the description of the new sheath to hide weapon that it doesn't hide some effects, probably in reflection of everyone complaining about this skill

jvs5tlqd79fl.png

Wait a minute, so now they’re openly okay with random floating mistextured light clouds hovering off people’s belts and backs. All because…no reason exactly?

I don’t really know what to say now. This is very telling.
  • YORKSHIRE76
    YORKSHIRE76
    ✭✭✭
    What a shame my crown purchases had no such caveat..
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That's actually so depressing to see lol
    IGN @ emilypumpkin

• KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

jvs5tlqd79fl.png

This is making me wonder which other class skills are getting an obnoxious permanent effect simply by slotting it, in the next updates.
    Edited by KlauthWarthog on October 13, 2023 10:40AM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is very discouraging to me that this hasn’t at least been acknowledged as a bug that will be fixed, even if it takes some time to do so.

I have already detailed why it is a bug and those who would like glowing weapons deserve a better option in an earlier post.

Changes like this, and how they’re dealt with, erode player confidence. It severely dampens my interest in buying weapon packs and styles when the appearance I’m paying for might be obliterated by an unexpected change such as this. :disappointed:
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve been abstaining from this thread because I had zero interest either way, but after finally playing my Nightblade this patch, I’ve gotta admit, I’m rather enjoying the new glow.

With the change, it allows you to add an animation to ANY weapon in the game, finally making in-game motifs competitive with style pages bought in the crown store. As someone who naturally runs the color scheme of whatever class they are playing, it’s perfect.

This is something I’ve been asking for almost forever now with Weapon Enchantments, although we’re not quite there, this shows that it’s not a limitation anymore and hopefully this is just a start.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

jvs5tlqd79fl.png

Wait a minute, so now they’re openly okay with random floating mistextured light clouds hovering off people’s belts and backs. All because…no reason exactly?

Looks like they are doubling down on altering people's paid for weapon styles without their approval.

Was the Gloambound tooltip changed to reflect the new policy?

Edited by Jaraal on October 13, 2023 7:31PM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Lozeenge
    Lozeenge
    ✭✭✭

jvs5tlqd79fl.png

This is making me wonder which other class skills are getting an obnoxious permanent effect simply by slotting it, in the next updates.
    funny you should mention that! Templar's Solar Flare gives a unique "Sunsphere" buff (+5% class ability damage) while the skill is active, and it's a weapon glowing effect that is very similar to Grim Focus.

19ib7p8wqfae.jpg

oh, don't worry if you think i'm potentially giving ZoS any ideas or whatever. this seventeen page thread proves they don't read any of them :p
    PC-NA / 1500+ CP / PvE mostly / "Mama didn't raise no tank."
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lozeenge wrote: »

jvs5tlqd79fl.png

funny you should mention that! Templar's Solar Flare gives a unique "Sunsphere" buff (+5% class ability damage) while the skill is active, and it's a weapon glowing effect that is very similar to Grim Focus.

19ib7p8wqfae.jpg

oh, don't worry if you think i'm potentially giving ZoS any ideas or whatever. this seventeen page thread proves they don't read any of them :p

But it’s only while the skill is active, right? Not all the time during combat, or worse, ALL THE TIME FOREVER just for having the skill slotted? I am okay with temporary effects, even though I don’t like how all abilities look and that does influence what classes I play in what role (no DK tank, for instance, even though it’s BiS, because I don’t like stuff sprouting out of my character’s back… and I guess I’m not playing NB DPS any more now since the horrid permaglow that lights the back of your eyeballs ALL THE TIME is infinitely worse…). :disappointed:
    Edited by Araneae6537 on October 14, 2023 6:49PM
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

jvs5tlqd79fl.png

Looks like they are doubling down on altering people's paid for weapon styles without their approval.

Yep. They changed gloambound's description on PTS. I just checked. The text in yellow is the ''This weapon is only visible drawn, but some combat effects will still show''

sz164lwffn4x.png
    IGN @ emilypumpkin

• KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, given this proclivity for changing paid-for visual effects on a whim, I would go ahead and say it is a good idea to refrain from spending cash on anything cosmetic from this company.
  • Jazraena
    Jazraena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I might have to reopen my refund ticket, seeing this.
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The digital goods purchased by your customers over the past 10 years have been damaged in their purpose in result of downloading faulty digital content provided by your company. Including digital goods such as "Weapon Packs" and instances of UI in your content if said UI is affected by global lighting.

This damage would have not occured if the downloadable content you provided would have been handled with reasonable care and exercised skill at hand.

In the past two years you've provided multiple cases of faulty content still being offered for purchase and in most of these instances, it took customers to openly adress the problem on social media platforms for you to take action.

You refuse to communicate, to compensate and further more are now taking actions creating false circumstances open for everybody to see now live on PTS. So that every single customer adressing you in regards of the very same issue in the future can be met with somebody pointing at a very well visible, but not as old as said customer might eventually believe, warning sign.

Is this really, how you want to handle this situation?

Issues going beyond the repeated topic of visual appeal and describing unattended conflicts with the game's environment have been adressed multiple times in this thread. These issues will remain and eventually lead to more faulty digital goods and unsatisfied customers if you don't take the necessary actions now.
    Edited by NoticeMeArkay on October 15, 2023 1:30AM
  • LesserCircle
    LesserCircle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crazy thing is that they are reading all of this, because if I say anything against their forum TOS I will get snipped. They really are trying to make us forget or "deal with it" lol.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crazy thing is that they are reading all of this, because if I say anything against their forum TOS I will get snipped. They really are trying to make us forget or "deal with it" lol.

The forum mods aren't the developers. They're just here to keep the forum clean of rules violations.
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that changing the text thing on the PTS is annoying, in my opinion. I really dislike the permanent glow. Too bad for Nightblades that don't wish to glow red but still wish to do damage! The text change makes me think this is a permanent change that they will not revert.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I will no joke pay the price of an arms pack to turn off the permanent glow if they make a ''no permaglow'' arms pack.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert @whoever has contact with the crown store team
    IGN @ emilypumpkin

• sh4d0wh4z3
    sh4d0wh4z3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

jvs5tlqd79fl.png

Yep. They changed gloambound's description on PTS. I just checked. The text in yellow is the ''This weapon is only visible drawn, but some combat effects will still show''

sz164lwffn4x.png

[snip]

Is it really that difficult to just completely remove the lighting? Or is the lighting somehow tied to the damage and removing it would completely break the skill?

[snip] Why should we continue to invest in this game if this is what we get in return?

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 9, 2024 4:48PM
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perma-red-glow?

Yes, PLEASE! Aaaaand thank you ZOS! (no, this is not irony, I do like it) :)
    My wishlist for ESO ; AND my personal thoughts
    A list of things I'd wish ZOS to improve / add / change

1)Skills
    2)Overland
    3)Champion Points
    4)Replayable content in overland
    5)Dungeons
    6)Chapter ideas
    7)Other

I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland
    >>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

>>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>restoration of destroyed cities, eg. Satakalaam, Aswala, Gil-Var-Delle, etc. Making them permanently restored, maybe with some traders OR minor quest hubs.

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want

III.Champion Points
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

>>a mount OF CHOICE (eg. horse, senche, quasigryph) for every 1200 CP in respective colours
    >>a permanent 10% bonus to gold gain from every source for 900 CP collected on Craft
    >> a permanent 5% attack / defence bonus for 900 CP collected on Warfare
    >>a permanent 10% bonus to health/stam/mag regen and 5% health/stam/mag increase for 900 CP on Fitness

IV.Replayable content in overland
    >>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

V.Dungeons
    >>story mode for dungeons - sometimes I don't want to do a dungeon quest with sprinters. They will rush from boss to boss and leave without saying a thing. I'd love to enjoy the time, even though I've done a dungeon many times

VI.Chapter ideas
    >>Whiterun + Fields of Regret DLC

>>Winterhold (Winterhold Hold) + Dawnstar (The Pale Hold) DLC

>>Timelines series: Cyrodiil
    some Imperial noble/vagabond - a Tharn - becomes the new emperor, so the claims of Ayrenn, Jorun or Emeric are for naught. Vestige begins the long and arduous process of rebuilding Cyrodiil, 1st in their own alliance, and then as they would along Cadwell's silver and gold.

>>Solstheim CH or DLC.

>>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

>>Blackmarsh CH or DLC.

>>Akavir CH.

>>Atmora CH.

>>Peryite's Pits DLC.

>>Vaermina's Quagmire DLC.

VII.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>tracking achievements, eg. in fishing - what type of fish you need, etc.

>>possibility to research traits on Companions' equipment so that we could change the traits

>>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet they are just cosmetics. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>highlighting WBs that are being engaged

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>Norg-Tzel - for Mara's sake, ZOS, REMOVE it from the list please!
    1) to an extent I'm not surprised why ZOS isn't adding some of the things we're asking about - the golden rule is: "people don't know what they want THEMSELVES". Yeah, unless... it's been asked for many times.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Inside my lovely Topal Bay previewing the Thurvokum Arms Pack. It's in crown store just in time to prepare all of your characters for the holidays! Head's-up, it's only christmasy on the nightblade. All you santie clause wardens, adjust expectations accordingly. :#

PrkTRSV.png

(Still hoping this effect can be fine-tuned to show at appropriate time instead of all the time.)
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--