Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Winged Twilight Rant

• fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BretonMage wrote: »
    Pelanora wrote: »
    [snip]

[snip]

Okay, but I think it's safe to say that the majority definitely are not happy with Miss Flappy View Obscurer haha I see no problem with someone saying they do like them or are happy with them though.... but I do see a problem with someone trying to act like the people who do dislike them are just being too sensitive or ridiculous because the pets don't bother them personally, which is exactly what some have been doing.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 28, 2023 11:12AM
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fizzylu wrote: »
    [snip].

[snip]

Okay, but I think it's safe to say that the majority definitely are not happy with Miss Flappy View Obscurer haha I see no problem with someone saying they do like them or are happy with them though.... but I do see a problem with someone trying to act like the people who do dislike them are just being too sensitive or ridiculous because the pets don't bother them personally, which is exactly what some have been doing.

Thank you.

👌
    [edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 28, 2023 11:13AM
  • stuartx13
    stuartx13
    ✭✭✭
    fizzylu wrote: »
    [snip]

[snip]

the majority definitely are not happy with Miss Flappy View Obscurer haha I see no problem with someone saying they do like .
    Sorry Forum pvp'ers are not the majority.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 28, 2023 11:14AM
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stuartx13 wrote: »
    Sorry Forum pvp'ers are not the majority.

It's funny that you say that because I was actually specifically talking about the people in this thread.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hate Flappy very much so. Outside of no more permeant pets the best suggestion I have ever seen was to make Fappy Nixad size.

Stay safe :)
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have recently removed some unnecessary Baiting in addition to some back and forth from this thread.
    • Trolling or Baiting: The act of trolling is defined as something that is created for the intent to provoke conflict, shock others, or to elicit a strong negative or emotional reaction. It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread, and find another discussion to participate in instead. It is also not constructive or helpful to publicly call out others and accuse them of trolling, or call them a troll—please refrain from doing so. If you genuinely believe someone is trolling, please report the post or thread to the ESO Team, and leave it at that.
    This is a reminder to keep the discussion civil and constructive. Please keep our Community Rules in mind moving forward.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    People who keep coming in the thread and offering the 'just hide them in towns' or 'just do your writs somewhere else" as a solution obviously haven't read the thread, especially my comments.

Ok I took the trouble of going through the thread and tried to find your comment. So here it is:
    I have actually walked away from the game a couple of times because I get so frustrated with other ppl's matriarch blocking my camera view. At the wayshrine, at the bank, at the crafting area, at the merchants, at the guild vendors, at the door of my house, at any door, at the world boss, inside dungeons, inside delves, inside public dungeons, at trials, inside cities, inside towns, while just exploring!!!!!! Enough!!!

I have to constantly move from where I was standing because ppl park their matriarch right on top of me!

I honestly think at this point in the game's life, the fact that this monstrosity has not been changed just shows that the devs do not play their own game and they do not care about our quality of life. It's obvious.

To me all of this can be summed up as “other peoples pets are getting in my way” no? If not explain how I am not getting this right.

I had already responded to this but I will express it again.

As long as you can click on the object you need, be it banker, crafting station, or wayshrine does it matter if the matriarch is there?

I have been playing since beta and I have not ever had an issue where I could not click on the object I wanted. I don’t know if it’s just the camera setting, or I know when or where to click on some instinctual level, but it has not happened.

Have I been blocked from seeing my character after I click (at a crafting station for example)? Yes. But I usually don’t mind since all of the relevant information supersedes anything else on my screen.

I just have to ask. If where you are playing is so crowded with peoples pets, why do you continue to visit those places that annoy you? Why put yourself through that aggravation?

There are cities where I don’t like how the crafting tables are arranged, I just find someplace I like better. I don’t stay there and aggravate myself.

As for world bosses and the rest, I am just stumped… Do you play melee or ranged? If you are ranged… How is any pet in your way? If you are melee only bears are an issue, the twilight is a ranged unit, no? I don’t understand how they can block you. I play ranged in vet trials with three pet based sorcs… Can you show me a screenshot of how they block you in a dungeon/trial/wb in such a way it’s unavoidable? No pet blocks me any more severely than any other player themselves do…

You are deliberately avoiding addressing the real issue. They block my camera and stand on top of my character EVERYWHERE in EVERY situation in the game MANY MANY times a day. I can't go ANYWHERE to get away from them except inside my house. Just because you might play in a way that maybe your preferred camera angle is different to mine DOES NOT INVALIDATE my issue. Quit being dismissive of other people's concerns.
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyway, I have said what I wanted to say, not going to keep going back and forth with people who are just trying to antagonize me and others about this quality of life issue. The solution is simple. Let us toggle the visibility of other players' combat pets. I won't be interacting with this thread anymore.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I particularly hate them when there's several congregated in a group, all flapping away... out of sync with each other.
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭
    My main in a Twilight-using sorc and I get annoyed by it. So I always desummon it if it's not essential. Which is most of the time.

I gave this an agree
    There's no reason I can think of to have your flappers out when you're needing them in combat
    But apparently that's too much trouble for some players, and there's not much I can do about it
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People who keep coming in the thread and offering the 'just hide them in towns' or 'just do your writs somewhere else" as a solution obviously haven't read the thread, especially my comments.

Ok I took the trouble of going through the thread and tried to find your comment. So here it is:
    I have actually walked away from the game a couple of times because I get so frustrated with other ppl's matriarch blocking my camera view. At the wayshrine, at the bank, at the crafting area, at the merchants, at the guild vendors, at the door of my house, at any door, at the world boss, inside dungeons, inside delves, inside public dungeons, at trials, inside cities, inside towns, while just exploring!!!!!! Enough!!!

I have to constantly move from where I was standing because ppl park their matriarch right on top of me!

I honestly think at this point in the game's life, the fact that this monstrosity has not been changed just shows that the devs do not play their own game and they do not care about our quality of life. It's obvious.

To me all of this can be summed up as “other peoples pets are getting in my way” no? If not explain how I am not getting this right.

I had already responded to this but I will express it again.

As long as you can click on the object you need, be it banker, crafting station, or wayshrine does it matter if the matriarch is there?

I have been playing since beta and I have not ever had an issue where I could not click on the object I wanted. I don’t know if it’s just the camera setting, or I know when or where to click on some instinctual level, but it has not happened.

Have I been blocked from seeing my character after I click (at a crafting station for example)? Yes. But I usually don’t mind since all of the relevant information supersedes anything else on my screen.

I just have to ask. If where you are playing is so crowded with peoples pets, why do you continue to visit those places that annoy you? Why put yourself through that aggravation?

There are cities where I don’t like how the crafting tables are arranged, I just find someplace I like better. I don’t stay there and aggravate myself.

As for world bosses and the rest, I am just stumped… Do you play melee or ranged? If you are ranged… How is any pet in your way? If you are melee only bears are an issue, the twilight is a ranged unit, no? I don’t understand how they can block you. I play ranged in vet trials with three pet based sorcs… Can you show me a screenshot of how they block you in a dungeon/trial/wb in such a way it’s unavoidable? No pet blocks me any more severely than any other player themselves do…

You are deliberately avoiding addressing the real issue. They block my camera and stand on top of my character EVERYWHERE in EVERY situation in the game MANY MANY times a day. I can't go ANYWHERE to get away from them except inside my house. Just because you might play in a way that maybe your preferred camera angle is different to mine DOES NOT INVALIDATE my issue. Quit being dismissive of other people's concerns.

I have been honestly and earnestly trying to help you, and quite frankly you and some other people here have been nothing but rude to me.

I have suggested quieter towns, and tried to get anything concrete from you to help you enjoy the game more.
    And all I get are vague over the top exaggerations and accusations.

I have a different opinion about the matriarchs than you and some of the posters here. That opinion was not shared to start a confrontation, but just to show that the issue at hand is more nuanced then just getting rid of them.

I have even offered alternative suggestions that could be implemented, that were designed to try and please all sides. And still all I get is hostility.

You don’t want my help. Fine. But I am not going to stop posting my opinion on the matter.

I like permanent combat pets. It’s nice to turn on a spell and just basically forget about it for dps. They simplify my rotations when I am on a character that has them. (Sadly my main is incapable of summoning a permanent pet such as those.) Temporary pets are a pain as they become just another timer I have to keep track of. I would rather have a constant pet than a “dot” with a fancy pet animation.

I also like how they look. RP wise seeing a person run around with a bear or a matriarch have great story implications, and I like that. They are more memorable than just some stranger running by.
    What would a merchant be thinking if a person approached them with a deadric pet nearby… I sometimes wish there were alternative dialogues for that. Or maybe the npc flinches a bit. Ah well.

So I am kind of sorry for your plight, but at this point, if you just wish to constantly be bothered by them, well good luck.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    In PvP it seems like no matter what i do for ranged attack...it always hits Flappy....not the person I am trying to kill.

Is this legit on this thread?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the Oaken Soul ring came out, it seems that Pet Sorcerers multiplied. I wish we could reskin them with any other flying Pet. Sure, Lore says it needs to be a Twilight Matriarch, but ZOS has slid sideways on Lore before.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sure wish combat pet skins weren't just a one time, gray bear thing. Think of all the noncombat scamps we have. I personally don't use permanent pets though. Much prefer a pet that just comes out for combat and has a timer. One of my sorcs uses Shadowrend and it's perfect as long as you're in combat you have a clanfear as up time is 100%.
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    When the Oaken Soul ring came out, it seems that Pet Sorcerers multiplied. I wish we could reskin them with any other flying Pet. Sure, Lore says it needs to be a Twilight Matriarch, but ZOS has slid sideways on Lore before.

I summoned a flame atronach in oblivion. It could be anything.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use Pet Dismiss addon to dismiss my pets. Another one which should be in base UI.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have been playing this game since beta, I play a pet-less class as a main. How is it that I have never been bothered by other peoples pets?

The obvious answer is that not everyone is like you. Just because you like seeing them in the game and they don't bother you when they are flapping in your face at a crafting station, doesn't meant this isn't an issue for others.

This "if you don't like it leave" mentality isn't healthy for anyone, especially in a game.

Please quote me where I said anything close to “ if you don't like it leave”. I am just shocked sorc pets are an issue. They make me smile personally.

If you don’t like a place that is super crowded, move to an area less crowded is my suggestion, that is hardly the same thing.

Personally I like a variety, I sometimes do my writs where I know it will be busy, sometimes I do them someplace quiet. I have about 6 or seven favorite places.

If you want someplace super quiet. Where you won’t see anyone else, much less a sorc, do your writs in malabol Tor. You basically have the town to yourself.

Why should I have to move from my normal writ area and crafting area because pet sorcs are too lazy to put their pets away. These are battle pets that have collision and therefore interfere with normal interaction.
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's not going to be an end to the 'why should i have to change' points. If neither side want to, that's what they will say.

Unless zos does a reliable survey and one side comes out ahead, we just end up with 'i like it' 'but i don't'.

It seems pretty clear to me they do harm to enough others' enjoyment theres a case for doing something.

Such as, zos has to make them actually disappear for those who want them to. Preferably by giving alternatives, as i bet hardly any sorcs wld use them if they had better alternatives. And by making the no pet in towns thing actually work, for those who want to keep them.

And no, don't reply, 'but i like them'. See above.

Edited by Pelanora on January 29, 2023 8:35AM
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    but i like them
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    These are battle pets that have collision and therefore interfere with normal interaction.
    As long as you aren't duelling the Sorcs: no, the pets don't interfere with anything at all...

And if they do on your side, then it's not the standard behaviour of the game. Maybe an addon?
    Edited by KilianDermoth on January 29, 2023 9:07AM
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as you aren't duelling the Sorcs: no, the pets don't interfere with anything at all...

And if they do on your side, then it's not the standard behaviour of the game. Maybe an addon?

Agree for that, they fixed it .. somehow ... even bear don't iinterfere with anything. And bear was always my problem at deliver of crafting writs.

And yes, I like Twilight Matriarch. Just don't understand why she just don't sit down when you stands somewhere.
    And tbh more annoying for me (as tank) is maw atacking boss right infront of me, Atro summoned right before me and necro collosus which obscures my entire view. Just saying my personal opinion. And yes, I can dissmiss my pets with pet sorc dd.
    But yes i would like to have some options to change skin of them sometimes. TO have atro instead of matriach etc...
    Edited by davidtk on January 29, 2023 9:20AM
    Really sorry for my english
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin , when i leave Vivec City bank booth and clean my shiny armor from them matriarch droppings, all i dream about is some kind of a pest repellent, making these nasty birdlings to keep away from banks. questgives, crafting stations and other instances where theirs flap-flap-flapping destroys my immersion to the ground.
    Repellent. Please, make it happen, Kevin!
    PC EU
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class rework? You're proposing a dangerous thing. But seriously, class reworks should be a thing, new abilities should also be a thing.. in an ideal world at least. ESO is extremely bad in this department.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm astonished about the long discussion here. The most obvious decision would be that ZOS makes the "disable other player's pets" option work correctly and extend it to whole cities, no?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing good in flying parrots. They are too big and annoying for what they give in return. One of these reasons I avoid over populated places and also stay away of players using a bunch of adds following them - npc companion, matriarch, familiar, and non-combat pet. Every year we people, keep complaining about the matriarch flapping wings, and ZOS always ignores it. They add so many new overland animals, mounts etc. with every new expansion, but the parrot is still here, in it's annoying form.
    Tbh I have 2 sorcerers among 14 character, and never had to use the matriarch. There are many much better skills available, which do not annoy other players in a same time.

Parrots irritate mostly in banks/crafting stations, like this one:
    MKNS.png

but also the flapping can cover a view in outfit station - it always makes me run away to another map and find some silent place without other players. Damn, mmo game that forces me to run away of people, this isn't normal :| .
    MKNj.png

PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been playing this game since beta, I play a pet-less class as a main. How is it that I have never been bothered by other peoples pets?

The obvious answer is that not everyone is like you. Just because you like seeing them in the game and they don't bother you when they are flapping in your face at a crafting station, doesn't meant this isn't an issue for others.

This "if you don't like it leave" mentality isn't healthy for anyone, especially in a game.

Please quote me where I said anything close to “ if you don't like it leave”. I am just shocked sorc pets are an issue. They make me smile personally.

If you don’t like a place that is super crowded, move to an area less crowded is my suggestion, that is hardly the same thing.

Personally I like a variety, I sometimes do my writs where I know it will be busy, sometimes I do them someplace quiet. I have about 6 or seven favorite places.

If you want someplace super quiet. Where you won’t see anyone else, much less a sorc, do your writs in malabol Tor. You basically have the town to yourself.

Why should I have to move from my normal writ area and crafting area because pet sorcs are too lazy to put their pets away. These are battle pets that have collision and therefore interfere with normal interaction.

If I went to a movie theater where through their constant talking and cell phone use, the other movie theater goers annoyed me, I COULD complain to a worker there and hope the issue will be addressed. In the meantime, getting more and more aggravated.

OR

I could find a movie theater where those annoyances happen far less frequently.

I am just offering a version of the second option.

There are places I don’t do my writs, not necessarily because of other players, but because I don’t like how the workstations are arranged.
    I can continue doing my writs there I suppose, getting aggravated each day, asking zos to rearrange them. Or I can find a place I like better. I found (many) places I like better. And I feel happier playing.

I think I have done writs in every town in the game where they are offered. I was just sharing my experience to try to help.
  • Clyde_BlueSnake
    Clyde_BlueSnake
    ✭✭✭
    Out of combat the devs could give the sorc's winged twilight the animation to stand like Irrai, & give it a walk animation. (similar to Morrowind) That's one way they could reduce the annoying flapping.
    600px-ON-creature-Irrai.jpg

My guess through the years of complaints they just refuse to do it, or can't due to a coding issue/conflict that the sorc's winged twilight plausible has a different animation skeleton differ from Irrai & such other winged twilights? *shrugs*
    Edited by Clyde_BlueSnake on January 29, 2023 2:37PM
    Main is Blue-Thuxis, a Argonian stamSorc, whose also is a werewolf! 2nd main, Cobalt-Thuxis, a Argonian stamArc, an identical twin sister to Blue-Thuxis, even is a werewolf as well! some alts:
    Nirn-Scale Rajthux (Argonian, Templar), Ros-Ei Nature-Thuxis (Argonian, Warden), Crimson-Thuxis (Argonian, DK), Bone-Thuxis Tharn (Argonian, Necro) Why Bone-Thuxis has Tharn as a last name:
    The siblings were separated at a young age due to a Dres slaver raid, Blue, Cobalt, Ros-Ei & their mother were able to escape, Crimson & Bone weren't that lucky. Crimson was later "rescued" by some Orcs that later ambushed the House Dres Dunmers, unfortunately one Dunmer remained & sadly successfully brought the young Bone-Thuxis to the Dres plantation. Later an Imperial, a Tharn, bought Bone at a auction & later told he was free, the young Argonian sadly had no idea where to go & doesn't know if his family was still alive, so the Tharn adopted him into House Tharn. This family of Argonians finally reunited years later.
    , Kenneth Clyde (Nord, Sorc), Selene Gray-Thuxis (Argonian, Nightblade), Urmanda (Orc, Warden)
    Some ESO history: I originally started from PS4 NA during June 10, 2015, I did reached CP 810+ on there. I eventually kinda got tired of paying PS+, so during February 4, 2019 I started moving to PC NA. Also CP: 810+. Nowadays I play ESO PC mostly, while PS4 is dust.
  • Umbro100
    Umbro100
    ✭✭✭

If I went to a movie theater where through their constant talking and cell phone use, the other movie theater goers annoyed me, I COULD complain to a worker there and hope the issue will be addressed. In the meantime, getting more and more aggravated.

OR

There are places I don’t do my writs, not necessarily because of other players, but because I don’t like how the workstations are arranged.
    I can continue doing my writs there I suppose, getting aggravated each day, asking zos to rearrange them. Or I can find a place I like better. I found (many) places I like better. And I feel happier playing.

I think I have done writs in every town in the game where they are offered. I was just sharing my experience to try to help.

It is not the same, not even close. There is only 1 wayshrine to port to in Vivec city, Grahtwood etc. When I do, there are flapping wings there, in my face, immediately triggering a nervous twitch, so I close my eyes and run a few steps blind just to avoid that constant irritating annoying flapping. Some of those people just standing there, with their pets, for age. It is totally ok if you like it, enjoy it - but accept that other people just find it terrible and would like an option to make them disappear completely - when out of combat. Zos even tried to do something about it and failed miserably. Obviously there was/is a huge demand for it. Maybe you should instead compare it with another game - if I hate it that much, I might move to another game that does not try to trigger epilepsy for me. Probably should ...

• Julia_Nix
    Julia_Nix
    ✭✭✭
    Pets are part of my Oakensoul build and I love them but I use the addons Pet Dismiss and Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter to hide them when I do stuff in the city.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umbro100 wrote: »

OR

It is not the same, not even close. There is only 1 wayshrine to port to in Vivec city, Grahtwood etc. When I do, there are flapping wings there, in my face, immediately triggering a nervous twitch, so I close my eyes and run a few steps blind just to avoid that constant irritating annoying flapping. Some of those people just standing there, with their pets, for age. It is totally ok if you like it, enjoy it - but accept that other people just find it terrible and would like an option to make them disappear completely - when out of combat. Zos even tried to do something about it and failed miserably. Obviously there was/is a huge demand for it. Maybe you should instead compare it with another game - if I hate it that much, I might move to another game that does not try to trigger epilepsy for me. Probably should ...

I have mentioned it earlier, perhaps you missed it, malabol Tor is great because it is really empty.
    The crafting stations are not too bad (the cooking area is kinda annoying but still very accessible once you know where it is), it has an easily accessed banker (usually devoid of other players). And the turn ins for the writs is close by.
    It also has a convenient thieves den.
    And the wayshrine is not too far away to boot!