Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Winged Twilight Rant

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have suggested that the bear and the flappy be like the netch, no one complains about it because it only stays around for a few seconds and then goes away and has to be resummoned.

Sorc pet owners didn’t want to be inconvenienced with that approach, was the response I got.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If these pets are here to help the Sorcerer in combat they should only appear when the Sorcerer is in combat then disappear after combat stops. Similar to how the Necromancer minion does.

That easily leads to other issues such as not knowing if they are still there. They have bugged where I had to despawn them and respawn them. If I cannot see them then I do not really know if they are there.

Think about this for a moment since the forums are filled with comments about bugs, many of which persist for years without getting fixed. Issues are a given here and from my experience, this is not the constant issue originally presented here.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have suggested that the bear and the flappy be like the netch, no one complains about it because it only stays around for a few seconds and then goes away and has to be resummoned.

Sorc pet owners didn’t want to be inconvenienced with that approach, was the response I got.

It's not just the inconvenience, though that would be a big issue - there's a reason I use these pets after all. But permanent pets are also ideal for solo players because they can take aggro and also help while you're being cc'ed.

Honestly, many of us like our pets.

Since it's just the visuals that bother other players, just ask for them to be hidden in town (in town and out of combat, if necessary). Or re-skinned/re-designed.
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It does beggar belief that new skins for our pets have not even been on the store.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BretonMage wrote: »
    Since it's just the visuals that bother other players, just ask for them to be hidden in town (in town and out of combat, if necessary).

We did ask for that, and they gave us a toggle to do that, but it doesn't work.
    PCNA
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since it's just the visuals that bother other players, just ask for them to be hidden in town (in town and out of combat, if necessary).

We did ask for that, and they gave us a toggle to do that, but it doesn't work.

So we keep asking :D I mean, they're STILL not hidden in towns.
  • Einar_Hrafnarsson
    Einar_Hrafnarsson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Id just be happy if you could give them different skins or make them much smaller.
    Edited by Einar_Hrafnarsson on January 25, 2023 12:36AM
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They look like cheap plastic crap and they sound awful, too.
    I doubt anyone actually enjoys seeing them and hearing them. I would even imagine that the people who claim they do, only pretend, like sour grapes and sunk cost from having made the choice some time ago to follow one of those "easiest build in ESO" guides on the internet and then not having a heart to retire their main.
    We should not settle with this half-bottomed compromise of "hide them in towns and around crafting stations", we deserve the option to just hide them entirely everywhere except for in PVP.
    And while we're at it, more controls for volumes; I don't want to hear anyone's Ebon armor when I'm doing bank errands for example.
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No flying thing flaps like that constantly rather than just land. Even albatross across the huge distances they travel glide and almost never flap.

It's just such a very very very very very very bad design on all levels.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hate them so much I would pay real life money for bounty certificates that would allow me to kill them.

And clanfears and scamps.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's not just the inconvenience, though that would be a big issue - there's a reason I use these pets after all. But permanent pets are also ideal for solo players because they can take aggro and also help while you're being cc'ed.

Since it's just the visuals that bother other players, just ask for them to be hidden in town (in town and out of combat, if necessary). Or re-skinned/re-designed.

The warden with the netch doesn’t complain about having to re-summon his pet. Why are sorc pets and the bear different?

My necro has two different summons, the blastbones and the skeletal archer. I have to constantly re-summon them.

Pets should be handled the same on all cases, especially if they are obtrusive to other players.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Quackery
    Quackery
    ✭✭✭✭
    I DESPISE this godawful, horrid abomination of a pet! Her flapping wings when mounted and not moving are driving me insane!! I HATE THIS PET AND I HATE USING HER!!! For the love of God, ZOS, CHANGE THIS DAMN SKIN OR GIVE US NEW SKINS!!! The flapping wings are triggering the hell out of me and has for a long time! It's one of the main reasons I play other games from time to time, I keep getting reminders of how much I DESPISE this stupid, awful thing!
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The warden with the netch doesn’t complain about having to re-summon his pet. Why are sorc pets and the bear different?

My necro has two different summons, the blastbones and the skeletal archer. I have to constantly re-summon them.

Pets should be handled the same on all cases, especially if they are obtrusive to other players.

Not to mention, summons always used to have a timer in TES.

It seems like they wanted to make them different for Sorcerers to define the class more, but IMO they don't feel very engaging. They occupy an inordinate amount of bar space for what they offer, and there aren't a lot of ways to interact with them - basically you can only shield them and buff their damage on one target via Daedric Prey.

IMO they should be made temporary like Warden and Necro pets, or should have more ways/skills to interact with them - if that were the case, I'd also be fine with only being able to have 1 pet at a time. Companions are like permanent pets, and they have way more options.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The netch skill was temporary from the outset. I've been playing a petsorc for years and it has been a permanent summon all that time. If they changed it now it would feel like a terrible loss.

Edit: To be honest, I'm surprised there are players asking for functionality to be taken away from their fellow players, rather than asking for the actual issue to be resolved - which is the visual effects of the skill.
    Edited by BretonMage on January 25, 2023 7:20AM
  • Sinlar
    Sinlar
    ✭✭✭
    This one has found that a little situational awareness and a few extra steps
    allow for my summons to arrange themselves behind me and out of others way quite easily.
    Of course this requires the sorcerer to actually care and be responsible for them.
    So, for some, a learning experience all around.
  • Dovershark
    Dovershark
    ✭✭✭
    Please Zos make these pests killable.
  • Justosay
    Justosay
    ✭✭
    Basically I don't use pets, only Matriarch for solo world boss fights. So, as a sorc, I don't understand your "pet problem"...
    P.S. Although non-combat pets are really annoying. Do you think we will get the ability to kill "these pests"?
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dovershark wrote: »
    Just wondering, are you advocating pet abuse in a video game? 😅
  • Dovershark
    Dovershark
    ✭✭✭
    Dovershark wrote: »
    Just wondering, are you advocating pet abuse in a video game? 😅

Absolutely. :D
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm perfectly fine with pets 'flapping' around
    Also, this is part of Sorc's defensive mech, when sometimes hostile skills would target Sorc's pets instead of their master
    Dr_Con wrote: »
    i9r9dsg0ywza.png
    Awesome!
    Edited by SilverWF on January 25, 2023 12:03PM
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Meiox
    Meiox
    ✭✭✭✭

What is your suggestion for these new pet-spells, since they all have a passive and a active part, when summoned ?
  • gwdodd
    gwdodd
    ✭✭✭
    I wish the devs could recognize how ridiculous (imo) it is for sorcs to run around with two combat pets, a non-combat pet and a companion.
    Platform: PC
    Server: NA
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see two separate issues:

1. Sorc pets are a visual nusance. We need the ability to hide friendly Comabt pets. If its not trying to kill me, or heal the guy trying to kill me, I dont need to see it.

2. Sorc pets from a pure function standpoint are wildly outdated with the current combat system. Sorc heals are trash, they require two bar slots, and the on thing I will disagree with in your OP, they are very easy to kill, in cyrodiil anyways.

We have a perfect opportunity for ZOS to kill two birds (see what I did there) with one stone.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Not to mention, summons always used to have a timer in TES.

In Skyrim I have two permanent zombies. Unmodded Skyrim.

In Morrowind I can permanently summon if I look straight down. Weird but it works. Think it used soul trap but it's been years I can't remember the specifics but I do know I got permanent golden saints from it.

What is needed is a variety of summons, not just twilights, clannfear and scamps.
    Edited by Holycannoli on January 25, 2023 7:36PM
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evilspock wrote: »
    What can be done about Winged Twilights? Does playing ESO mean I have to be innundated with Winged Twilights flapping in my face all the time?

I would like to keep playing, but am sick of seeing winged twilights constantly. They are huge, annoying, always flapping in your face everywhere you go. It really makes cities look like garbage and places you don't want to be. I can't be the only one that feels this way.

In the early years of the game, sorc pets would die so it wasn't a problem. Now they are practically invunerable once spawned, so players keep them summoned perpetually for all eternity. They are all over the place everywhere you go.

Solutions ZOS could implement:
    1. Get rid of pet sorc skills completely and replace with something that isn't lame and disrupting, like cool wizard fireball skills. (Best solution)
    2. Ability to hide or at least change the opacity of other's summoned pets, always
    3. Make the winged twilights not so huge
    4. Make twilights not so tanky, used as crutches that are always summoned
    5. Have a timer or other mechanic that doesn't keep pets summoned forever

Best option, roleplay-wise and immersive, would be:

- Change invocation of fighting Daedra minions (winged wing included) a CRIMINAL ACT, just like for Necromancers.
    - Exception for Khajiit cities I'd say? Maybe some places of Morrowind too (I don't expect so much precision in the mechanics but it'd be awesome)
    Edited by Ajaxandriel on January 28, 2023 1:12PM
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Morgaledh
    Morgaledh
    ✭✭✭
    This is an ancient issue, everyone knows about it. As a sorc, I never use the flappy things, cannot stand them. [SNIP]

After all these years and of perennial complaints, the devs know about this, [SNIP].
    Edited by ZOS_Suserial on January 25, 2023 11:52PM
  • ZOS_Suserial
    ZOS_Suserial
    admin
    Greetings,

We've edited some comments due to there unconstructive nature, please keep the threads constructive and on topic.
    Review our community rules if you are not sure what falls inline with them.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Community Rules | Code-of-Conduct | Terms-of-Service | ESO-Home | ESO-Help
    Staff Post
  • Morgaledh
    Morgaledh
    ✭✭✭
    Morgaledh wrote: »
    This is an ancient issue, everyone knows about it. As a sorc, I never use the flappy things, cannot stand them. [SNIP]

After all these years and of perennial complaints, the devs know about this, [SNIP].

[snip]

Mentioning that the designers know about this issue and have never addressed it (to my knowledge) is certainly on-topic. On a constructive note, if they have ever addressed it, I would like to see it - I don't mean that as a challenge, I'd genuinely like to know the reasoning behind keeping pets the way they are.

[snip]
    [edited for discussing disciplinary actions]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 27, 2023 7:19PM
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]

Mentioning that the designers know about this issue and have never addressed it (to my knowledge) is certainly on-topic. On a constructive note, if they have ever addressed it, I would like to see it - I don't mean that as a challenge, I'd genuinely like to know the reasoning behind keeping pets the way they are.

[snip]

Because they start things, but don't take them to finish. So- old classes left to congeal, hybridisation half finished, poor ai companions, pvp neglect, housing but not really new houses and limited furnishing... etc

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 27, 2023 7:20PM
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm good with that. Time to move on from perma-flappy.