The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Assassin's Will is balanced

• OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not balanced
    @blktauna That's kinda the point and half of the problem though, isn't it? Some players do tank up in response to other classes hitting so hard. I mean if I want to have fun PvPing in a world where people are hitting 20k+ then I guess I'm gonna need at least 30k HP and 30k resistances. At least.

So yes, fix the tank meta. But fix NB at the same time. It isn't as though some of these nbs don't also have 30k HP, lol.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    @blktauna That's kinda the point and half of the problem though, isn't it? Some players do tank up in response to other classes hitting so hard. I mean if I want to have fun PvPing in a world where people are hitting 20k+ then I guess I'm gonna need at least 30k HP and 30k resistances. At least.

So yes, fix the tank meta. But fix NB at the same time. It isn't as though some of these nbs don't also have 30k HP, lol.

lol no. I run mostly NBs and none of mine are close to 30k health and I'm lucky is I have 15k resist. My heal is vigour. I build all in for damage so I'm wondering what these high health, high resist, high heal, high damage people are doing. And how.

Now my half assed DK is 42K health 25K resist and I can squeese 20k whips out of him. My Templars can POL & jab someone down fairly fast then breath of life themselves back up in 2 swipes. You tell me who's overpowered.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not balanced
    I can agree DK and Warden are overpowered. But what's the point when you won't agree that NBs are?

If you have better luck on a templar with jabs than you do with a NB in this patch then you should seriously think about playing templar instead. I honestly think you just haven't really figured NB out yet. Or perhaps you play somewhere so laggy (think you mentioned this before,) that single target abilities and light attacks and overall response time aren't very reliable so jabs feels really good to you.

I'm all for NBs skills being made less clunky, faster, cast times and travel times erased, add some delayed burst if necessary-- give them better defense maybe-- end the tank meta. I'm for all that. But if you think any of this needs to happen while NB is in its current state you've kinda lost your mind.

I realize due to bar space limitations and practicality all of this isn't possible at once... But it is still worth noting that NBs have +10% damage done, +20% damage done, major berserk, minor vulnerability, and guaranteed crits all in just their class abilities. And again I know some of these abilities don't get used much but they also have major cowardice, minor cowardice, and minor courage in their class abilities.

So 30% damage done bonuses that nobody else can get and about 1000 more weapon damage because correct me if I'm wrong but nobody else has these buffs/debuffs either. On a class that can stealth around, pick whatever target they want whenever they want, and arrive with a guaranteed crit. Not to mention their passive crit and penetration.

You don't think it's a little too much? Not even a little?
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol I've played NB as a main for years. I only just picked up DK and Templar and Sorc.
    I most certainly do not think NBs are OP. Our skills are repeatedly gutted and we have to be very creative to get anywhere with the minimal resources we are left with. I am in an all NB guild that has been running for ages. Almost none of us use this skill and those that do use it for the stacks, not the hit.

What you fail to accept is this skill is not as good or as used as you think it is. Stealth is broken so often most NBs don't even run it. We lean on concealed weapon alot for setup and I'm a big fan of the gap closers, but most skills used are the weapon skills and if you are good, shade.

No I do not agree its too much and if you are getting hit by it that much, you need to address your build, not call for a skill nerfs.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not balanced
    ... wow.

Well. You win. I guess I'm wrong. And not only wrong but delusional. The things you're saying, from my delusional perspective mind you, are so ridiculously far from the truth I just don't know what to say anymore.

If I wasn't 100% delusional a third person would've showed up and said "hold on now blktauna, nightblades are way better than templars and by the way jabs isn't very good anymore. Most of them do use stealth because the other morph got nerfed, and most of them do use assassin's will." Or maybe they would've said "nightblade skills got gutted with this last patch," because believe it or not... In the weird Dreamworld I'm in right now... I could've swore they received buffs recently.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    lol I've played NB as a main for years. I only just picked up DK and Templar and Sorc.
    I most certainly do not think NBs are OP. Our skills are repeatedly gutted and we have to be very creative to get anywhere with the minimal resources we are left with. I am in an all NB guild that has been running for ages. Almost none of us use this skill and those that do use it for the stacks, not the hit.

What you fail to accept is this skill is not as good or as used as you think it is. Stealth is broken so often most NBs don't even run it. We lean on concealed weapon alot for setup and I'm a big fan of the gap closers, but most skills used are the weapon skills and if you are good, shade.

No I do not agree its too much and if you are getting hit by it that much, you need to address your build, not call for a skill nerfs.

I mean, I'm on the side of it's other buffs that are beefing assassin's will huge and I think this skill is about what NBs are supposed to be; but an entire guild of NBs who don't use it?!? Sounds sus at best. Honestly; you're not helping the argument
    Edited by TechMaybeHic on January 8, 2023 11:05PM
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol you guys kill me. You believe what you like, I’m not arguing with you anymore because you just keep saying stuff and when you get a reply you dont like you go Sus!

Enjoy guys!
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    Yes balanced

Syiccal wrote: »
    Which is still much higher than curse, shalks or power of the light. Its even higher than alot of ults would hit.

Yes but think about what it took to achieve that number. I saved up 500 ult, not something I can consistently count on in every encounter, I had major breach applied along with stuhns debuff, I was likely negating every bit of raw resistance he had. Plus it was a crit and I build into crit damage.
    A fairly mediocre nightblade that occasionally kills people
  • Cloudrest
    Cloudrest
    ✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    React wrote: »
    https://esoitem.uesp.net/viewSkillCoef.php

<<1>> = 0.18 MaxStat + 1.89 MaxPower (Ultimate, ratio = 10.50, Dmg, Magic, SingleTarget, Direct, R2 = 1)

Damage is insane for an ability that procs every 5 seconds. Hits harder than Dawnbreaker of Smiting.

I made a Nightblade and get 20k crits in Battlegrounds with Stygian + War Maiden. Shooting players in the back from stealth is nearly 100% unavoidable unless they miraculously dodge roll or block at that very moment. If you're sitting in a 1v1 with nothing else going on then sure, this skill is avoidable if you're an experienced player and know what to look for. Most players have never heard of Assassin's Will until it shows up on their Death Recap.

This comment can be tl;dr'd by saying "If you don't take the time to read what this ability does, someone who is off screen can land this on you and you'll die."

Imagine if everything that could kill you was reduced to wet noodle tier damage in order to accommodate people that can't be bothered learning how to block or dodge. That would be such a fun time!

That is not a correct summary of my comment. Here is the correct version.

1) Assassin's Will hits like an ultimate on a 5 second cooldown
    2) Assassin's Will is very easy to land when your target is incapable of noticing it, regardless of experience level
    3) Assassin's Will is more difficult to land in hyperfocused 1v1 fights with experienced players

#3 is extremely uncommon in ESO. The majority of ESO PvPers are casual and will never avoid Assassin's Will.

Pugs in Cyrodiil spam dodge roll more often than not, completely negating nightblade's offensive kit-- and magsorc's. Only a handful aren't paying attention when zerging people down. This isn't 2017 where the average game knowledge of a player is nonexistent. The average player now is much more competent and aware than the average player back then.

But seriously, you zerg people down on a bash build-- you should already be holding block in the first place. Assassin's Will shouldn't be hitting that hard through block, right?

[snip]
    [edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 9, 2023 5:38PM
    Formerly @Cloudrest, now @Nightwielder in-game on PC/NA. Cyrodiil PvPer; retired duelist and PvE Trifecta DPS.
    Empyrean Knight Gwynevere | ♔ Breton Templar | AR50 Grand Overlord II | 9400+ hours | Aldmeri Dominion
    Merethiel of Vaulinchyl |🗡Altmer Nightblade | AR50 Grand Overlord I | 3000+ hours | Aldmeri Dominion
    ♔ Immortal Redeemer | ♔ Tick-Tock Tormentor | ♔🗡 2x Gryphon Heart | ♔ Godslayer | 🗡 Dawnbringer | ♔ 7x Former Empress
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not balanced
    So il take dizzy swing as an example as has similarities.

Blockable
    Dodgeable
    Cast time
    Easily avoidable
    Non ult
    *Doesn't require 5 light attacks before hand but that isn't exactly difficult to achieve.

Hits for maybe 5k -7k at best alot of the time, AW 15-30k (depending on build).

Could go into other skills but it's pointless as nb mains will never accept it hits to hard.
  • Cloudrest
    Cloudrest
    ✭✭✭✭
    So il take dizzy swing as an example as has similarities.

Blockable
    Dodgeable
    Cast time
    Easily avoidable
    Non ult
    *Doesn't require 5 light attacks before hand but that isn't exactly difficult to achieve.

Hits for maybe 5k -7k at best alot of the time, AW 15-30k (depending on build).

Could go into other skills but it's pointless as nb mains will never accept it hits to hard.

What?

AW is a burst ability. Dizzy swing is a spammable. You can have a 1:1 comparison of Dizzy to Concealed Weapon instead which'd make a lot more sense. I'm not even a Nightblade main, but at least try to make sense.
    Edited by Cloudrest on January 9, 2023 11:13AM
    Formerly @Cloudrest, now @Nightwielder in-game on PC/NA. Cyrodiil PvPer; retired duelist and PvE Trifecta DPS.
    Empyrean Knight Gwynevere | ♔ Breton Templar | AR50 Grand Overlord II | 9400+ hours | Aldmeri Dominion
    Merethiel of Vaulinchyl |🗡Altmer Nightblade | AR50 Grand Overlord I | 3000+ hours | Aldmeri Dominion
    ♔ Immortal Redeemer | ♔ Tick-Tock Tormentor | ♔🗡 2x Gryphon Heart | ♔ Godslayer | 🗡 Dawnbringer | ♔ 7x Former Empress
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not balanced
    I was trying to make the point that just because it's blockable and dodgeable and has a cast timedoesn't mean it should hit ridiculously hard
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No not balanced
    Cloudrest wrote: »

<<1>> = 0.18 MaxStat + 1.89 MaxPower (Ultimate, ratio = 10.50, Dmg, Magic, SingleTarget, Direct, R2 = 1)

Damage is insane for an ability that procs every 5 seconds. Hits harder than Dawnbreaker of Smiting.

I made a Nightblade and get 20k crits in Battlegrounds with Stygian + War Maiden. Shooting players in the back from stealth is nearly 100% unavoidable unless they miraculously dodge roll or block at that very moment. If you're sitting in a 1v1 with nothing else going on then sure, this skill is avoidable if you're an experienced player and know what to look for. Most players have never heard of Assassin's Will until it shows up on their Death Recap.

This comment can be tl;dr'd by saying "If you don't take the time to read what this ability does, someone who is off screen can land this on you and you'll die."

Imagine if everything that could kill you was reduced to wet noodle tier damage in order to accommodate people that can't be bothered learning how to block or dodge. That would be such a fun time!

2) Assassin's Will is very easy to land when your target is incapable of noticing it, regardless of experience level
    3) Assassin's Will is more difficult to land in hyperfocused 1v1 fights with experienced players

#3 is extremely uncommon in ESO. The majority of ESO PvPers are casual and will never avoid Assassin's Will.

Pugs in Cyrodiil spam dodge roll more often than not, completely negating nightblade's offensive kit-- and magsorc's. Only a handful aren't paying attention when zerging people down. This isn't 2017 where the average game knowledge of a player is nonexistent. The average player now is much more competent and aware than the average player back then.

But seriously, you zerg people down on a bash build-- you should already be holding block in the first place. Assassin's Will shouldn't be hitting that hard through block, right?

[snip]

I'm just providing feedback based on my experience playing Nightblade. Assassin's Will feels very much like a 5 second ultimate that doesn't get blocked or dodged as often as some players claim. Also holding down block is not ideal on a bash build. You'll run out of stamina very quickly.

@Cloudrest I'd appreciate it if you'd be more respectful towards me.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 9, 2023 5:39PM
    PC NA
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not balanced
    I think it's kinda funny in a sad way that two things are going on here: People defending NBs are talking about scenarios where the NB is getting zerged down-- people saying NBs need nerfed are talking about scenarios where they are getting zerged down.

Second thing... People defending NBs are saying the buff is hard to keep track of, stacks are hard to get, and the ability is hard to land. Those same people say "L2P, just roll dodge."

[snip]
    [edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 9, 2023 5:40PM
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its always been some extremes with NB. I've always found the calls that NB are OP (every version since the game launched has had some that say it) often equally as dumbfounding as constant calls for buffs because NBs are weak. Its because there is a very wide range of player on both ends. Some squishy targets that want to play glass themselves and not want to deal with the consequence of letting their buffs down (often sorcs with shields) and some very high end NBs vs some very low end ones (think snipe and cloak if anyone moves in their direction, or ones that just spam cloak and never bother to learn how to make use of shadow image then complain jabs or something counters cloak)

As far as assassins will goes, from playing NB as new to it; the class does play differently to most other classes. The buff for assassins will seems like a very early issue, but then you learn that if you are in combat, you can refresh the timer that is pretty long. It gets a little more difficult if its full stacks as you also need to learn not to fire it off without comboing it after your ultimate, because it really is wasted without getting it buffed up to full. To refresh it at full stacks without shooting it off at a random target, you need to stay in combat and have it actually expire and refresh before you somehow leave combat.

It's not really hard but you have to be aware. Thats why when I hear a NB say they just use it for the stacks if at all; it kind of tells me where they are on a wide spectrum.

To that same token; once you understand that, you can use the fact on what NBs try to do to you. Becomes kind of predictable. Obviously; given how many other things are going on in Cyrodiil, you won't be focused on that, but I would say that can happen with a necro bomb or any big burst incoming if you have multiple enemies.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not balanced

His comment said that in a true 1v1 without any other background noise you have a shot at avoiding the attack. The attack is faster than a second and given the delay that occurs regularly between input device, user system and the server you are more than likely going to be hit by the attack than dodge or block it.

As someone that runs a templar and has a NB I find it easier to get AW off and land a hit than it is to get maximum damage with purifying light because rangeplar attacks can be dodge or LoS can drop the damage from radiant glory/oppression. As for a meleeplar the reduction in snare impacted their damage output to get maximum damage for purifying light. With AW I may start at one target and can flip the switch and hit another target with the skill making it an over powered skill and most players don't dodge. I already testing AW and even with communicating on when it would be trigger I got hit 50% of the time. As I stated about input delays are why you can't always dodge it, even if you hear it or are told when to dodge it when testing it out. At least on consoles.

The bigger issue I have isn't the damage it is the broken issue of stealth/invisibility. I was going 1v1 with a NB and they went invisible right in front of me right after I spotted them with inner light. Than I popped a detect pot and you know what they were still within my LOS. The damage of AW if it is indeed over performing will be fixed. The bug I want fixed is ensuring that detect items keep players out of stealth/invisibility for the actual time listed vs. being able to hide right away.

One thing I wish the devs would add back is that DoTs on NB that would help keep them out of stealth/invisible. If I see you and hit you with a DoT you should not be able to go into stealth/invisible. I don't mind if NB avoiding Aoe damage when in stealth/invisible but a DoT put on the NB should keep them out of stealth not allow them to go invisible.

• SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No not balanced
    Cloudrest wrote: »
    ]

I'm just providing feedback based on my experience playing Nightblade. Assassin's Will feels very much like a 5 second ultimate that doesn't get blocked or dodged as often as some players claim. Also holding down block is not ideal on a bash build. You'll run out of stamina very quickly.

@Cloudrest I'd appreciate it if you'd be more respectful towards me.

[snip]

"constantly zerging" ??

Players are encouraged to join the Alliance War and fight for their faction. By design, all three factions are constantly zerging one another in Cyrodiil. If you find that disrespectful then I don't know what to say. I'm just playing the game how it was intended to be played.
    I already testing AW and even with communicating on when it would be trigger I got hit 50% of the time. As I stated about input delays are why you can't always dodge it, even if you hear it or are told when to dodge it when testing it out. At least on consoles.

The same thing happens with Dark Convergence. The tooltip says there's a 1 second delay until the pull happens yet in reality it's more like 0-500ms. The game doesn't register delays properly, even if you have 50ms ping to the server. You know Dark Convergence is coming, you block to avoid it, yet you still get pulled in.

Assassin's Will almost always lands when cast from stealth unless the player is already blocking or dodging. I just spent 15 minutes testing it with an alt account. You see the red arrow heading your way but the player is still partially stealthed when the damage lands. There is no telegraph other than the red arrow. That's not enough time to avoid the damage and if you're in melee range you see no telegraph at all. It's very easy to reproduce.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 9, 2023 5:41PM
    PC NA
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not balanced
    I 2nd MEBengals comment about stealth/cloak being broken. I have had the same thing happen many times, where I either use lingering flare, or inner light, pull an NB out of stealth for less than a second, and they pop right back into stealth again. There is no five second delay from returning to stealth as the abilities state.

And yet I see many NBs on this thread and others claiming how easy it is to get pulled out of stealth, and that most NBs don’t even use it because it doesn’t work. That is garbage and not true in my experience.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not balanced
    Caribou77 wrote: »
    I 2nd MEBengals comment about stealth/cloak being broken. I have had the same thing happen many times, where I either use lingering flare, or inner light, pull an NB out of stealth for less than a second, and they pop right back into stealth again. There is no five second delay from returning to stealth as the abilities state.

And yet I see many NBs on this thread and others claiming how easy it is to get pulled out of stealth, and that most NBs don’t even use it because it doesn’t work. That is garbage and not true in my experience.

Detect pots are a must, nothing more satisfying than watching them hit cloak over and over and panic because they can't vanish and its the only defence they know. Makes me smile everytime
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not balanced
    Gonna take this opportunity to side with @SkaraMinoc on two things.

1) On Xbox we don't even have a red arrow pointing at us to let us know it's coming. If you're good you can hear the sound of them reaching 5 stacks and you start to wait for the Incap. You can also hear it being fired, but due to reaction time and lag this isn't nearly as helpful as knowing it's coming. In a situation where the NB is in stealth and you're busy with something else you're basically never gonna avoid it.

2) people get zerged down every day and complain about it. But if you're running solo in an active campaign you either have no friends or think you're good enough to X and trying to get clips. Sometimes you run into a group that wasn't as bad as you thought. Sometimes you get run over by so many people there was nothing you could do. Sometimes you have to take your losses, chalk it up to your own decisions, and admit you just weren't quite that good.
  • Miracle19
    Miracle19
    ✭✭✭
    Yes balanced

As an experienced player that has various comps with NB in it, I can vouch that AW is extremely easy to land in group-play, and almost never countered because it’s unexpected damage that you never see coming, and with cloak, you typically can’t focus the NB easily in group play.

In solo, yes 1v1, yes it is super easy to counter, but once again that isn’t the most common type of pvp and it is also on 5 second CD. It is the strongest ability in the game now due to passive buffs.

Maybe the ability doesn’t need adjustments, but the NB class and ability passives need adjustments, as a 5CD ability should not be able to hit 20k easily and consistently on various builds.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not balanced
    Caribou77 wrote: »

Detect pots are a must, nothing more satisfying than watching them hit cloak over and over and panic because they can't vanish and its the only defence they know. Makes me smile everytime

My in game experience yesterday showed me that all three are garbage at detecting NB. Every fight with a NB the initial use had less than 50% chance of showing the NB

One fight I had yesterday I had Inner light active, flare on the ground and I got hit by a NB that was less than 5m from me. Which I used my Pot to heal myself and ensure he can't go into stealth.

Only after I was hit did I see them for a second until they went invisible again right in front of me with inner light active, flare on the ground and my detect pot active. Sure detecting is working as intended.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes balanced
    Miracle19 wrote: »

As an experienced player that has various comps with NB in it, I can vouch that AW is extremely easy to land in group-play, and almost never countered because it’s unexpected damage that you never see coming, and with cloak, you typically can’t focus the NB easily in group play.

In solo, yes 1v1, yes it is super easy to counter, but once again that isn’t the most common type of pvp and it is also on 5 second CD. It is the strongest ability in the game now due to passive buffs.

Maybe the ability doesn’t need adjustments, but the NB class and ability passives need adjustments, as a 5CD ability should not be able to hit 20k easily and consistently on various builds.

Pretty much /thread.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not balanced
    Digging through my clips I tried finding a clip where I had most of my damage sources proc and here is one. In the clip I had a 500 balorgh proc go off, stuhn's, and mark target. Despite all that my bow only hit for 19k on crit.

https://youtu.be/WZ1DP_A3iqU

Which is still much higher than curse, shalks or power of the light. Its even higher than alot of ults would hit.

Curse is AOE, delayed, unblockable, and undodgeable.

Shalks are AOE, delayed, undodgeable, and apply 9k penetration.

PL is delayed, unblockable, and undodgeable. It is bad now because they've seemingly made a mistake with how it works in regards to battlespirit, but for years this was the strongest delayed burst ability in the game with 0 counterplay.

Assasin's will is none of these things. It is blockable, dodgeable, instant cast rather than delayed, but also still a projectile with an inbuilt 500ms minimum travel time.

Apples to oranges.

Curse is easy, block and you won't take as much damage and easy to see even when in a larger scale battle.

Shalks 100% dodgeable and are 100% scripted so you can see them coming a mile away.

PoL/Purifying Light build up damage is avoidable by going invisible as NB and for other classes by losing the LoS or by getting out of range of the templar. The actual damage of the skill in its current state is so bad that most don't run it now simply because other skills are better damage wise.

AW can be dodge but it is harder to dodge in a group setting with all the various sounds going off and with the various players both on your alliance and not on your alliance. With NB being able to hide and hit you, AW becomes a bane for the defending players. AW also hits the hardest out of all the abilities you listed.

AW is best the damaging burst ability in the game and it shows in people death recaps. I've seen hits from AW that have been higher than any other skill I've been killed with in PVP. The only thing I've seen higher in damage is Vicious Death, Plaguebreak, and Occult Overload requiring a bomb and it was when I was near 10+ players when those went off with all us going down. That is expected from a bomb, 10-30K damage. AW the lowest I've seen on my death recap is around 15K with the high being as high as 35K.

Balance it is not!
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not balanced
    vote proves how many tryhard cheese nbs desperately gank the forums

this skill is completely out of alignment with other classes
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes balanced
    How did they reach 27k dmg? I've never been hit by a spectral arrow over 16k dmg other than one time when I was afk and saw a 19k arrow on my death recap. Most hit me for 10-12k if I don't dodge them. I genuinely want to know where the 27k came from. A coordinated group applying all relevant buffs and debuffs?
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    Yes balanced
    How did they reach 27k dmg? I've never been hit by a spectral arrow over 16k dmg other than one time when I was afk and saw a 19k arrow on my death recap. Most hit me for 10-12k if I don't dodge them. I genuinely want to know where the 27k came from. A coordinated group applying all relevant buffs and debuffs?

Usually only hit those sorts of numbers on PvE players. Higher crits for me are normally 18k if the target is squishy, and thats after balorgh.
    A fairly mediocre nightblade that occasionally kills people
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not balanced
    cheese cheese cheese nbs
  • sunshineflame
    sunshineflame
    ✭✭✭
    A nightblade main says "just dodge it...its basically the worst skill in all of PvP...in fact buff it because a guard debuffed him otherwise it would've probably healed the him doing negative damage"

Just ReACt fASteR.......Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes balanced
    This thread is a good example why dueling experience is not practical in real pvp scenarios

I am pretty sure even the top most dueler in this game will have to take a 20k hit to his face when outnumbered or playing in a laggy open world environment.

However if you are playing dk /nb or warden yourself you have lots of ways to mitigate that hit but good luck if you are playing something else.

Problem is not assassins will here but other garbage classes with no defenses

Edited by PhoenixGrey on September 5, 2023 3:19PM