The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

I'm always on a streak

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I never seem to win or lose randomly. It's always a winning streak or a losing streak. It happens so consistently that I'm beginning to wonder if it's really a coincidence.
PCNA
  • deano469
    deano469
    ✭✭✭
    Ditto.
    Options
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here!

Got a bit better recently but still streaks are there.
    Options
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, my tinfoil hat is glowing too.
    We must be up to something here.
    :trollface:
    Play more and you'll see other results as well.
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I was on a winning streak and made it to Quicksilver for the first time. I played 2 more games and won both then the losing streak took over. I lost all my progress but finally after several more losing games I had a win and stopped for the night.

It just seems illogical that my wins and loses aren't more evenly distributed most of the time.
    PCNA
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you ever did flip coin simulations, you'd notice that's pretty common. It's pretty rare for it to go HTHTHTHTHT. Much more to be like HHHTTTTHTHHH . It still works out in the end, but streaks are fairly normal.
    Options
  • Tuonra2
    Tuonra2
    ✭✭
    For me I stop playing after 3 or so losses but a streak of 6-7 times going first easily turns into wins.
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My streaks are more like WWWLWW followed by LLLWLL. I'd expect more of a WWLWLL.

W = Win
    L = Loss
    PCNA
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I had a winning streak going and was 10 points away from moving up to the Voidsteel rank for the first time, but the next game I lost 83 to 75. I just sat there staring at the Rally card in my hand that I would have played my next turn.

Every time I get to within one game of advancing, the losing streak takes over again.

Update: I eventually reached Voidsteel rank and got the same opponent 3 times in a row, so I don't know how many are playing in that rank. I just hope I can win enough to reach Rubedite before this season is over because I want the achievement and I really don't want to start from scratch again. I need a winning streak.
    Edited by SilverBride on August 13, 2022 4:05AM
    PCNA
    Options
  • PinkApple
    PinkApple
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, recognizing this sort of pattern is extremely common in most ranked games with any sort of MMR system. I do not think there is anything weird at play here behind the scenes, and the top players tend to hit Rubedite and get top 10 within 1-3 days of play so nothing seems to be artificially holding anyone back.

Focus on improvement / consistent play and I am sure you will get Rubedite in no time! :)
    @PinkApple on NA servers Finished #1 NA Season 1 Finished #1 NA+EU Season 2 -- Check out my Tales of Tribute youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/c/PinkAppleYT
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sure hope so because focusing on these achievements is taking up all of my game time. It's really hard to stop when I am so close to a goal just to have it snatched away with one loss. Once I complete these goals then I'll be able to relax and play purely for the enjoyment of it. :)
    PCNA
    Options
  • Roxxsmom
    Roxxsmom
    ✭✭✭
    I've noticed this too, though it may just be the fact that random distributions can be clumpy. Still, it's weird to have a couple of days where I will maybe lose one game total among two or three player's dailies, then I will have a character lose two or three in a row to the same npc.

I don't think it's because the patrons vary. From what I can tell, the npcs of each level are the same overall in terms of how they approach play, and they are pretty random in which patrons they choose from the ones available to them. I guess it's down to the RNG, though I certainly can make some stupid mistakes when I am tired or feeling rushed or something.
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My losses are all to other players in ranked games. Today was the worst ever. I finally reached Voidsteel yesterday, which is the highest I've made it so far. I won one game out of three yesterday, then today I won one game then started losing. I literally won 2 games in 3 hours of playing today. I wasn't getting very many good cards and I wanted to stop but refused to until I won one more game.

I'm not a bad player and I understand how to play all of the decks so I don't know what was going on. I just know if I don't reach Rubedite this time I probably never will because this is too much mental torture to go through again. I just hate leaving just one achievement unachieved.
    Edited by SilverBride on August 14, 2022 1:39AM
    PCNA
    Options
  • Sungod
    Sungod
    ✭✭✭
    I never get higher than rank 50 before I crash so hard Im down to 500 points.
    Options