Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.2.0 is available.
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Oakensoul nerf

• BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    This is a pretty good video about how the ring should be fixed.

https://youtu.be/F2-dJYZwez0

It goes into ways it can be buffed for pve while not affecting pvp,

I am sick of seeing this. Leave an item for pve but not for pvp?

You do understand you swap back and forth way more in pvp right? That if your not good at it it has a way more negative outcome than losing a little dps? It needs to be viable for both

I don’t want it nerfed. Not at all, but everyone points to it being too powerful in pvp. So at least it can be still viable in pve this way.

Quite frankly they can leave it alone and I would be perfectly happy.
  • kuldar1994
    kuldar1994
    ✭✭
    Atm its not just pvp that its OP in. I cleared vateshran arena way faster with oaken than with 2 bar setup. So it also includes solo arenas. And imo thats an issue aswell
  • kuldar1994
    kuldar1994
    ✭✭
    kuldar1994 wrote: »
    Atm its not just pvp that its OP in. I cleared vateshran arena way faster with oaken than with 2 bar setup. So it also includes solo arenas. And imo thats an issue aswell

But yes, minor buffs for the ring seems to be just about right in terms of balance
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But yes, minor buffs for the ring seems to be just about right in terms of balance

So if you find it OP in PVE just don't wear it. It helps me the average player it aimed for just fine. With minor buffs, I don't believe it will be worth the loss of the second bar.
    PS5/NA
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe if it were a ring that dropped off a normal boss somewhere - but not when it's locked behind a paid expansion and a grind.
  • kuldar1994
    kuldar1994
    ✭✭

So if you find it OP in PVE just don't wear it. It helps me the average player it aimed for just fine. With minor buffs, I don't believe it will be worth the loss of the second bar.

For an "average" player it is worth it and i am average player myself
  • kuldar1994
    kuldar1994
    ✭✭
    Dawnblade wrote: »

Maybe if it were a ring that dropped off a normal boss somewhere - but not when it's locked behind a paid expansion and a grind.

Cant rly agree with that If you compare oaken to other mythics that are behind grind and paywall aswell.

And even If something is behind paywall doesnt mean it should be OP. In a perfect mmo balance is crucial.
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    This is a pretty good video about how the ring should be fixed.

https://youtu.be/F2-dJYZwez0

It goes into ways it can be buffed for pve while not affecting pvp,

I am sick of seeing this. Leave an item for pve but not for pvp?

You do understand you swap back and forth way more in pvp right? That if your not good at it it has a way more negative outcome than losing a little dps? It needs to be viable for both

I don’t want it nerfed. Not at all, but everyone points to it being too powerful in pvp. So at least it can be still viable in pve this way.

Quite frankly they can leave it alone and I would be perfectly happy.

Then don’t volunteer nerfs for pvp.
  • RamiroCruzo
    RamiroCruzo
    ✭✭✭
    lordspyder wrote: »
    Nefing a tool that disabled players such as myself have come to rely on is just cruel.

I trusted ZOS and now I feel betrayed.

You and me both. With the ring I was parsing just under 30k. Now on the PTS I'm doing 14k. 6 k less than I did before the ring. I'm absolutely locked out of doing content now. This might just mean an uninstall if this isn't changed.

1. Have you ever tried builds that content creators make for people who'd like to be effective with little input?
    2. If yes, please do attach your build superstar screenshot and your parse screenshot.
    3. If not, what made you aware of the fact that the game is not accessible for you when you didn't clearly give any effort?
    4. You've got to realize, that big nerfs like Major Force to Minor Force, for example, have a delta of 10% on crit rate, a chance to deal 10% less damage than before, the same goes for other changes. If you were parsing 30k, you'd parse 27k-24k on the lowest.
    5. Entire game's combat is being redesigned for players like yourself so you can easily achieve more using two bars. Can you not bar swap once 20-30 seconds? Am pretty sure you can given that you are parsing. PTS Stamblade rotation for example is Elemental Blockade -> 20 seconds of Surprise Attack. That's what ZOS is offering you to do upwards of 100k DPS and still, you are complaining that you are losing your clutch when the company wants to bring the entire game to you.

I absolutely abhor the watering down of combat which is going on in the name of accessibility, probably to please investors, but what is even more tilting is that people can't even spend time understanding these changes but they gotta complain in forums non-stop. Literally learning LA weaving takes 5 minutes for PvE yet for the last 8 years people whine non-stop.

PS: Simple search gave a plethora of single bar builds that will parse 60k+ in my knowledge even with Oakensoal nerfs. Kudos to Alcast for making them. https://eso-hub.com/en/builds?other=one-bar&sort=views
    Edited by RamiroCruzo on July 15, 2022 9:42PM
    Having a light side... And a Dark side... Is what makes life interesting...
    High as Nord and Proud as Dark Elf
    Blood for the Pact
  • Hawkeye
    Hawkeye
    ✭✭✭✭

So here is my question to you. What does it matter? Does someone being able to complete content they might not have been able to do really hurt your gameplay? The answer is no. People that like to play solo want to be able to play solo. Why is that so hard for people to fathom? In no way does this affect anyone else but the person wearing it. But because the pvp community is crying nerf nerf it has to be nerfed in pve too? Give me a break. As so so many people have said just make it so you can't equip it in the pvp areas and let the rest of us be.
    What is the definition of insanity? Ask ZOS.
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭
    All it needed was minor Heroism and minor force, what's with the heavy handed nerf?
  • kuldar1994
    kuldar1994
    ✭✭
    Hawkeye wrote: »

So here is my question to you. What does it matter? Does someone being able to complete content they might not have been able to do really hurt your gameplay? The answer is no. People that like to play solo want to be able to play solo. Why is that so hard for people to fathom? In no way does this affect anyone else but the person wearing it. But because the pvp community is crying nerf nerf it has to be nerfed in pve too? Give me a break. As so so many people have said just make it so you can't equip it in the pvp areas and let the rest of us be.

Okay, so first of all i play PVE and PVP content so i can understand well both sides and can give honest opinion while not being biased.

I was saying it because i see a lot of comments about oakensoul being OP only in PVP and PVE players accusing PVP guys for ruining the set for them which is not the case at all since oaken is literally carrying PVE players through content too.

Now what you re basically saying is that balance doesnt matter in PVE- So in order to do well and complete content PVE players need to buy this expansion and farm for this one mythic?

That wouldnt be fair for everybody else who dont have the mythic and to make it fair zos would need to buff other sets a lot to be on par with oaken.

Its easier just to bring down 1 item a bit than buff everything else.

Balance should be in PVE as much as in PVP or the game will become totally p2w which nobody would like.
  • GuildedLilly
    GuildedLilly
    ✭✭✭
    I held off buying High Isle on PC because I had a feeling they'd nerf Oakensoul to the ground-- I *did* buy it on console. I've been in a love/hate relationship with the card game, but I absolutely adore Oakensoul. I'm one of the disabled players the ring was intended to help. I have nerve damage in my hands-- I can't light attack weave, have difficulty reliably bar-swapping, and trying to synchronize buttons to use ultimate is a real pain. I play tanks and healers because I can't be a heavy hitting parser, but I DO know mechs, positioning, and how to keep a mob's focus and my team alive & buffed.

Oakensoul made things soooo nice! I still can't play at the speed of even an average tier DPS, and probably don't hit their parse numbers either-- but I could actually deal *some* damage. I was more than just a group buff bot. Dungeons, trials, and WBs were fun :) I wasn't as stressed trying to get my hands to work and bar swap at mission critical when a teammate accidentally heavy attacked with an ice staff, when dps roll dodged right into red, when barrier SHOULD have gone off, but bar swap lag means it didn't. Staying on the same bar made me less prone to lag spikes, less prone to my hands locking up, or failing to push a button hard enough to bar swap, it eliminated getting stuck on the wrong bar, and made content enjoyable. I could simply play.

It was AMAZING.

Now?....

ZOS, you've nerfed this item into the ground. You took the nerf hammer and shanked your disabled players with it-- the same players that FINALLY, after all this time, were able to have fun & simply ENJOY Elder Scrolls. You ruined that for us. Why? Because you can't be bothered to balance PVE and PVP separately.

Leave Oakensoul as it was pre-nerf for PVE, and any time Battle Spirit is active, make all major buffs minor.

OR:

Leave the nerf in place, but add in MAJOR Slayer to the ring's buffs.

Please stop penalizing the PVE player base because you won't balance items for PVE & PVP separately.

Grandmaster crafter, alt-o-holic, PC NA/EU, and XB1 NA/EU
  • daemondamian
    daemondamian
    ✭✭✭
    I held off buying High Isle on PC because I had a feeling they'd nerf Oakensoul to the ground-- I *did* buy it on console. I've been in a love/hate relationship with the card game, but I absolutely adore Oakensoul. I'm one of the disabled players the ring was intended to help. I have nerve damage in my hands-- I can't light attack weave, have difficulty reliably bar-swapping, and trying to synchronize buttons to use ultimate is a real pain. I play tanks and healers because I can't be a heavy hitting parser, but I DO know mechs, positioning, and how to keep a mob's focus and my team alive & buffed.

Oakensoul made things soooo nice! I still can't play at the speed of even an average tier DPS, and probably don't hit their parse numbers either-- but I could actually deal *some* damage. I was more than just a group buff bot. Dungeons, trials, and WBs were fun :) I wasn't as stressed trying to get my hands to work and bar swap at mission critical when a teammate accidentally heavy attacked with an ice staff, when dps roll dodged right into red, when barrier SHOULD have gone off, but bar swap lag means it didn't. Staying on the same bar made me less prone to lag spikes, less prone to my hands locking up, or failing to push a button hard enough to bar swap, it eliminated getting stuck on the wrong bar, and made content enjoyable. I could simply play.

It was AMAZING.

Now?....

ZOS, you've nerfed this item into the ground. You took the nerf hammer and shanked your disabled players with it-- the same players that FINALLY, after all this time, were able to have fun & simply ENJOY Elder Scrolls. You ruined that for us. Why? Because you can't be bothered to balance PVE and PVP separately.

Leave Oakensoul as it was pre-nerf for PVE, and any time Battle Spirit is active, make all major buffs minor.

OR:

Please stop penalizing the PVE player base because you won't balance items for PVE & PVP separately.

There are reasons beyond players not putting in enough effort, time & practice to ensure & achieve a perfect rotation & light weaving as to why they can't put out the same maximum dps output as players who can which makes some content difficult if not impossible to do.

Whether they be disabilities, impairments or other health issues &/or being unable to reliably bar swap due to lag or high ping, it astounds me that players who have none of these problems or barriers to being able to play certain content successfully or without extreme difficulty, have 0% empathy or understanding about those who do.

I don't think light weaving should be nerfed or that any of the proposed upcoming combat changes will address accessibility either to new players, players who don't practice or master light weaving etc or players with other issues such disabilities & impairments.

For some players the Oakensoul ring in PVE isn't an OP cheat item & I don't think it even allows them to be as good as the best players out there with 100K+ dps parses either.

ZOS is the one who is changing the combat system & potential dps output of players, not people who use the Oakensoul ring in PVE.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “What are we going to do this time, Brain?”
    “Same thing we do every time, Pinky. Release an overpowered mythic to sell a chapter or DLC and then nerf it the next update!”
  • DarrowLykos
    DarrowLykos
    ✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »
    Remathilis wrote: »
    Oakensoul: This set now grants the Minor versions of Courage, Berserk, Force, Protection, and Heroism, rather than the Major versions. This set now also grants Minor Mending.

Is that good enough for the PvP crowd or do we need to drag it down to Adept Rider status?

This kind of changes should not be tied to major releases. It is clearly a problematic set, adjust the numbers now and let us see if it needs further tweaks!
    Right now PvP-ing against that set is very painful, I know you care less for veteran players but your new players are getting one shot by it, I don't think they will stick to the game after such an experience.

One shotting has been going on from the start, the ring just leveled the playing field and PVP shed some tears over it and like what was said above it got blanket nerfed. Squeaky wheels tend to get greased ;) I changed several builds over this ring and to nerf it so soon is just plain wrong. Granted I have some ideas in line for stacking some majors to the minors, but it will still never be the same.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »
    Remathilis wrote: »
    Oakensoul: This set now grants the Minor versions of Courage, Berserk, Force, Protection, and Heroism, rather than the Major versions. This set now also grants Minor Mending.

Is that good enough for the PvP crowd or do we need to drag it down to Adept Rider status?

This kind of changes should not be tied to major releases. It is clearly a problematic set, adjust the numbers now and let us see if it needs further tweaks!
    Right now PvP-ing against that set is very painful, I know you care less for veteran players but your new players are getting one shot by it, I don't think they will stick to the game after such an experience.

One shotting has been going on from the start, the ring just leveled the playing field and PVP shed some tears over it and like what was said above it got blanket nerfed. Squeaky wheels tend to get greased ;) I changed several builds over this ring and to nerf it so soon is just plain wrong. Granted I have some ideas in line for stacking some majors to the minors, but it will still never be the same.

One shotting was never healthy for PvP. And devs nerfed tons of skills and sets for the duration of the game to make one shotting harder. And here we are back again with a set that ignores all the nerfs.
    It was blanked nerfed because it was "blindly" overbuffed for obvious reasons.

If the true intention of the set was to help the struggling players to be competitive then why was it hidden behind a paygate?
    How about the struggling players that cannot buy the chapter?
    How about the ESO+ players that plan to get the chapter as part of ESO+ next year?

• Gaisma
    Gaisma
    ✭✭✭
    3. If not, what made you aware of the fact that the game is not accessible for you when you didn't clearly give any effort?

Jesus. Not OP, but it's not just about parse and a lot of us give effort AND love the Oakensoul ring. I have done one bar builds, and yes, DPS wise they might perform better. I even know how to weave and have "spent more than 5 minutes" learning combat. On days that my hand doesn't hurt, I can parse 95-100k on my sorc, on days (or I should say months) when it hurts, I can barely do 10% of LAs. But you are missing the fact that this ring right now is what has enabled solo players to do content not just because it's one bar and more damage. It gives Minor Endurance, Major Resolve, Major Protection and Minor Fortitude. That and the buffs for damage. Show me another one-bar solo build that can give me good damage and survivability, and stamina recovery on mag character.

This ring let me get trifecta in Vateshran Hallow that I could never get even close to before. My best vitality was 6/15. Sure, you can say I got carried by the ring, and that is fair, but stop acting like anyone who is using this ring never did any effort to do other builds/setups.

Also, hilarious that if you open any of those Alcast's builds that you linked, they all have Oaknsoul: https://eso-hub.com/en/builds/alcast/42f197f1-885f-4a9e-92a0-d4d925a28587/powerful-one-bar-magicka-templar-build-for-eso-dps-pve

EDIT: Also, you can parse 60k with Oakensoul. Posted this already in another thread.
    lqf80dnbsvbq.png
    Edited by Gaisma on July 16, 2022 9:22PM
  • xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    Yeaaah, Alcast and Deltia are the kings sith their screwed parses that are made for people with no brain…
    Do you realize that if you do not have all the META equipment golded out and transmuted to match the META Alcast, Deltia and others are showing you, YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO DO THAT NUMBERS ????

Average players are not running perfected gera cause thay are not able to reach the necessary level of DPS to get it… So most of average players were really happy to pay for new chapter to get the ring that could help the to reach the neccessary limits for doing higher level content…

I am one of those average midtier players that are not foccusing on trifectas, but I enjoy running veteran solo arenas with oakensoul ring.
    After the nerf the ring will be useless, cause most of the minor buffs are already provided to my char by gear or abbilities.

Leave the oakensoul as it is or do some minor changes like take change Major Heroism to Minor or change to other minor buff that is rare for solo player. Do not ruin the solo PvE content because of some PVP meta builds….

• Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set should have been nerfed for sure.
    However, when it comes to PVE the only problem I see with this set now, is that 2 of the Major buffs it provides out of 3(Brutality/Sorcery, Prophecy/Savagery) are already being covered by the potion. Now Vigor which is one of the best heals regardless, also covers the resolve buff .

So you basically take this set only for the minors(which few of them are quite common and easy to access) I do think it can be buffed somewhat, I think they should add to this set the minor versions of Brutality/Sorcery, Prophecy/Savagery. It will give some uniqueness and damage buff for the solo players. Won't impact groups as these buffs are covered by Sorcs/Templars/DK as group buffs. Will not impact PvP much as well for the same reasons.

• Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marto wrote: »
    Oakensoul before:
    +10% Damage Done
    +430 Wep/Spell Damage
    +20% Wep Damage
    +20% Spell Damage
    +12% Crit Chance
    +20% Crit Damage
    -10% Damage Taken
    +5948 Armor
    +15% Health Regen
    +15% Mag Regen
    +15% Stam Regen
    +3 Ultimate every 1.5s

Oakensoul after:
    +5% Damage Done
    +215 Wep/Spell Damage
    +20% Wep Damage
    +20% Spell Damage
    +12% Crit Chance
    +10% Crit Damage
    -5% Damage Taken
    +5948 Armor
    +15% Health Regen
    +15% Mag Regen
    +15% Stam Regen
    +1 Ultimate every 1.5s
    +8% Healing Done

This doesn't really seem that bad, when you consider what the target audience for this ring is.

With the nerfs to light and heavy attacks, it makes it useless. Most one bar builds are heavy attack builds. I tried it in my usual test area (soloing Spindleclutch with my mag sorc) and it got annoying fast. Everything just took longer. I took it off so I could use my execute.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's actually quite a good suggestion. And I'm saying that as a PVP player.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • styroporiane
    styroporiane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf it. We don't need that item. 4 weeks before pve and pvp worked without it. And in future it will also.
  • RamiroCruzo
    RamiroCruzo
    ✭✭✭
    Gaisma wrote: »
    Show me another one-bar solo build that can give me good damage and survivability, and stamina recovery on mag character.

This ring let me get trifecta in Vateshran Hallow that I could never get even close to before. My best vitality was 6/15. Sure, you can say I got carried by the ring, and that is fair, but stop acting like anyone who is using this ring never did any effort to do other builds/setups.

Also, hilarious that if you open any of those Alcast's builds that you linked, they all have Oaknsoul: https://eso-hub.com/en/builds/alcast/42f197f1-885f-4a9e-92a0-d4d925a28587/powerful-one-bar-magicka-templar-build-for-eso-dps-pve

[snip] I must ask you to read my comment again. Did I mention Oakensoal ring alone or was it in conjunction with the upcoming "accessibility changes" to the entire game? I clearly mentioned how the entire game is being forced to a state where your "solo players" can clear content without the ring, then on top of that, people are complaining that the tool that enabled them when game wasn't watered down should stay in similar strength when entire game is pale?

For years, [snip] years, Plague Doctor Lightning Staff Pet Sorc was able to clear solo arenas without deaths easily so don't give me [snip] that only Oakensoal has provided that functionality.

Hilarious? [snip] I clearly said those Alcast one bar builds will parse above 60k even after Oakensoal nerfs which implies they do use it? [snip]

Your entire message can be explained in layman's terms using a simple example, you needed a bigger ladder to pluck apples. Now the tree was trimmed and the fruits are low hanging and still, you want the longer ladder. Ladder being the Oakensoal.

Idk why even want Trifecta when it is not the achievement anymore and just a completion. This is a game, not justice. People with higher skills should perform better, people with lower skill cap should not get certain titles.

[snip] let me attach you the meaning of Justice as well,

screenshot-2022-03-04-at-16.02.32.png?mode=min&width=2500&height=2500

[snip]
    [edited for baiting & profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 18, 2022 12:19PM
    Blood for the Pact
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tested my pvp bowblade setup on the pts with the ring nerf. Weapon damage down from 6100 to 5890, a bit squishier but I am a glass cannon anyway, cyrodiil was empty but clearing a max level resource was the same. Burst heal 19k so OK

Other changes to skills and gear make the setup slightly better overall. With pots and tweaks I can increase it further

So meh. I will make a few more oak rings to get rid of all the transmutes clogging up the inventory.
  • EnerG
    EnerG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly i was just expecting them to take protection and heroism off, but i dont see this as so big a nerf that its unusable,
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave it be, it has it's place as it was. If you must nerf it do so for PVP only
  • Gaisma
    Gaisma
    ✭✭✭
    Show me another one-bar solo build that can give me good damage and survivability, and stamina recovery on mag character.

[snip] I must ask you to read my comment again. Did I mention Oakensoal ring alone or was it in conjunction with the upcoming "accessibility changes" to the entire game? I clearly mentioned how the entire game is being forced to a state where your "solo players" can clear content without the ring, then on top of that, people are complaining that the tool that enabled them when game wasn't watered down should stay in similar strength when entire game is pale?

For years, [snip] years, Plague Doctor Lightning Staff Pet Sorc was able to clear solo arenas without deaths easily so don't give me [snip] that only Oakensoal has provided that functionality.

Hilarious? [snip] I clearly said those Alcast one bar builds will parse above 60k even after Oakensoal nerfs which implies they do use it? [snip]

Your entire message can be explained in layman's terms using a simple example, you needed a bigger ladder to pluck apples. Now the tree was trimmed and the fruits are low hanging and still, you want the longer ladder. Ladder being the Oakensoal.

Idk why even want Trifecta when it is not the achievement anymore and just a completion. This is a game, not justice. People with higher skills should perform better, people with lower skill cap should not get certain titles.

[snip] let me attach you the meaning of Justice as well,

screenshot-2022-03-04-at-16.02.32.png?mode=min&width=2500&height=2500

[snip]

I don't see how sarcasm helps your argument. I am just saying some of us have tried other means to do content and were very happy to finally have something that works. I am not even asking to not nerf it, just explained how you missed a lot of points in your original post.

All I pointed out is that it's rude to assume that everyone who is using the Oakensoul ring has never tried to do anything (as you yourself said in the post above) or doesn't even want to try to get better. Yes, there are people who want an easy way how to do content because they don't want to bother/learn/whatever. But not all of us are like that. I do veteran raids and HMs, I have farmed every meta set I will ever need, when my hand doesn't hurt, I play a regular sorc, templar, dk, nightblade and necro (sorry, warden), I parse the regular numbers everyone wants. When it does hurt, I still want to play the game and do content with my guildies and friends, and farm solo stuff (like vMA 2h this patch), and Oakensoul gave me both - damage and survivability to achieve it. I paid for the chapter to get it. As a consumer, I can be upset about it being taken away since I paid real money to buy it. It has nothing to do with me wanting a free ladder or one that does not exist and demand one being introduced, it's me saying - I paid for the ladder, and now the store took the ladder away.

Just because you don't understand my feelings, doesn't mean they aren't valid. I have no problem with understanding why PVP community wants to nerf it. I didn't even say in my post that nerfing Oakensoul is stupid or unjust. All I did was point out that not everyone who uses Oeakensoul this patch has not tried other means and methods, or that using Oaknsoul is stupid because it's less damage than some other solo build, as survivability it gives is also a part of it.
    Edited by Gaisma on July 18, 2022 12:38PM
  • Trundik
    Trundik
    ✭✭✭
    Tra_Lalan wrote: »
    I don't understand it.

Its simple as fishing. Oakensoul was on the hook. Imo best part of it was major heroism. Now RIP.
  • RamiroCruzo
    RamiroCruzo
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see how sarcasm helps your argument. I am just saying some of us have tried other means to do content and were very happy to finally have something that works. I am not even asking to not nerf it, just explained how you missed a lot of points in your original post.

All I pointed out is that it's rude to assume that everyone who is using the Oakensoul ring has never tried to do anything (as you yourself said in the post above) or doesn't even want to try to get better.

Yes, there are people who want an easy way how to do content because they don't want to bother/learn/whatever. But not all of us are like that.

I do veteran raids and HMs, I have farmed every meta set I will ever need, when my hand doesn't hurt, I play a regular sorc, templar, dk, nightblade and necro (sorry, warden), I parse the regular numbers everyone wants.

When it does hurt, I still want to play the game and do content with my guildies and friends, and farm solo stuff (like vMA 2h this patch), and Oakensoul gave me both - damage and survivability to achieve it.

I paid for the chapter to get it. As a consumer, I can be upset about it being taken away since I paid real money to buy it. It has nothing to do with me wanting a free ladder or one that does not exist and demand one being introduced, it's me saying - I paid for the ladder, and now the store took the ladder away.

Just because you don't understand my feelings, doesn't mean they aren't valid. I have no problem with understanding why PVP community wants to nerf it. I didn't even say in my post that nerfing Oakensoul is stupid or unjust. All I did was point out that not everyone who uses Oeakensoul this patch has not tried other means and methods, or that using Oaknsoul is stupid because it's less damage than some other solo build, as survivability it gives is also a part of it.

Because I never was arguing. Even in my first reply I urged OP to read entire changes instead of reading just the Oakensoal changes. In last reply to you, I again urged you to read my original message, which you clearly didn't unless you wouldn't be ranting.

As I've mentioned twice before, Oakensoal isn't a standalone game, if game mechanics are being watered down, it will see adjustments. This simple fact you've managed to miss twice in row and then you ask me where my sarcasm is coming from?

You are a prime example of what's wrong with ESO community, cognitive biases. Just because it helps someone doesn't mean it's not unhealthy and has ruined gameplay for others. But you will only find examples of places where it helps people ofc.

You mentioning survivability is idk, dude its still giving 5% mitigation and 3k resistances. That's Bloodspawn and 3 defensive CPs inbuilt. It's not going to be turned into "Silver Trinket" that you're saying, "store took the ladder away".
    Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms or supports one's prior beliefs or values. People display this bias when they select information that supports their views, ignoring contrary information, or when they interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing attitudes.

Just because you paid for some service doesn't place your interests above someone who ironically paid for the same service.

With each reply you just reduce your credibility even more, if you are capable of doing vet HMs and your hand do be hurting, why do you want to do trifecta during that duration alone? If you just want to run easy farm runs, Pale Order alone is more than sufficient.

Yet again you saying that I don't understand OP's feelings is a reminder to your bias. You just gotta skip over the details right? Every detail where I explained nerf isn't significant and the game is toned down. Sheesh. I feel sorry for your partner. Dragging feelings in a logical calm chat.

Even after nerfs there is nothing that gives that much power density like Oakensoal so maybe you should try and explain this to people who are losing hope like I tried to do instead of skimming over details, blatantly assuming things and seriously bro, do ya even read? You started the chain using the third point which is only applicable when you fudging didn't ever try to find a build that will work for you.
    1. Have you ever tried builds that content creators make for people who'd like to be effective with little input?
    2. If yes, please do attach your build superstar screenshot and your parse screenshot.

While 4th and 5th points were to reduce this hysteria that with Oakensoal nerfs, solo players will suffer which isn't true as effective power of each cast got a 50% bump. So bruh, just don't. Really.

PS: Hysteria - Behavior exhibiting excessive or uncontrollable emotion, such as fear or panic.
    Edited by RamiroCruzo on July 18, 2022 2:04PM
    Blood for the Pact