Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.2.0 is available.
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Oakensoul nerf

• lordspyder
    lordspyder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nefing a tool that disabled players such as myself have come to rely on is just cruel.

I trusted ZOS and now I feel betrayed.

You and me both. With the ring I was parsing just under 30k. Now on the PTS I'm doing 14k. 6 k less than I did before the ring. I'm absolutely locked out of doing content now. This might just mean an uninstall if this isn't changed.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightwiish wrote: »
    So the ring is useless now.

They need to get rid of 1 bar restriction if these are the changes. If not, I will be contacting customer support for a refund on high isles.

The ring is not useless at all.. Still very strong...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • pklemming
    pklemming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamLAD wrote: »
    Love this nerf

Why?
  • Tra_Lalan
    Tra_Lalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand it.

All those radical changes are beeing done in the name of closing the gap, and making the game more easy for less skilled players. And in the same time - oaken soul ring - the item that all those players loved, and felt like it helps them with playing harder content, (thus made the harder content more accesible) - this item is beeing nerfed to a trash.
    Where is logic in that? Can someone explain it to me?
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remathilis wrote: »
    Oakensoul: This set now grants the Minor versions of Courage, Berserk, Force, Protection, and Heroism, rather than the Major versions. This set now also grants Minor Mending.

Is that good enough for the PvP crowd or do we need to drag it down to Adept Rider status?

I like how pve players like to always pin blame on other players for not liking something and instead of it being ZOS's fault for not giving PVE only buffs. Like who asked for major force or major heroism? Why couldnt they have added major slayer or minor slayer, instead they added universal buffs because they want PVP player money as well. And still they don't have PVE only buffs because they still need that pvp money as well
    Edited by xDeusEJRx on July 11, 2022 9:44PM
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it still could work as an accessibility option. Don't think you'd be a 1v1er but you'd do ok if you can only use 1 bar.

Don't think a competitive player would run it, unless the 5 piece set that can remove a major and minor buff every 2 seconds becomes wide spread. Then, I might consider it as it would not be removable buffs
  • sunshineflame
    sunshineflame
    ✭✭✭
    I'll now pair it with Daedric Trickery in PvP. Not going to be a huge deal.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adept rider actually isn’t a bad pvp set at all.

This is the sensible solution for oaken.. what it should have been to begin with. You’ll have better buff coverage than any 2-bar build while still never having to worry about maintaining buff timers. Plus these buffs will now stack with the major versions provided by groups. Good change.
  • johnicus
    johnicus
    ✭✭✭
    I got a great idea, instead of releasing an item then changing it weeks later, they can set up something, lets call it "public test server" unique eh?

I'm regreting buying HIgh Isle myself now
  • AdamLAD
    AdamLAD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    AdamLAD wrote: »
    Love this nerf

It's a nerf for solo players because of BG's, & pvp solo content creators.

12 player groups stacking minor/majors it's not that bad.

I love it for the simple fact. Gankers are now not going to hit nearly as hard. Was impossible to PvP when there was a NB ganking with that item
    Edited by AdamLAD on July 11, 2022 10:14PM
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oakensoul before:
    +10% Damage Done
    +430 Wep/Spell Damage
    +20% Wep Damage
    +20% Spell Damage
    +12% Crit Chance
    +20% Crit Damage
    -10% Damage Taken
    +5948 Armor
    +15% Health Regen
    +15% Mag Regen
    +15% Stam Regen
    +3 Ultimate every 1.5s

Oakensoul after:
    +5% Damage Done
    +215 Wep/Spell Damage
    +20% Wep Damage
    +20% Spell Damage
    +12% Crit Chance
    +10% Crit Damage
    -5% Damage Taken
    +5948 Armor
    +15% Health Regen
    +15% Mag Regen
    +15% Stam Regen
    +1 Ultimate every 1.5s
    +8% Healing Done

This doesn't really seem that bad, when you consider what the target audience for this ring is.
    Edited by Marto on July 11, 2022 10:22PM
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breakwell wrote: »
    People only ran this for the major heroism it’s literally useless now

Major Berserk
    Major Force
    Major Courage
    Major Protection

^ all are super strong buffs
    PC | NA | CP 2.3k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • ioResult
    ioResult
    ✭✭✭
    One change I'd like to see in this new PTS version of the ring is leave Major Courage alone but reduce Major Resolve to Minor Resolve instead so the ring grants Major Courage and Minor Resolve instead of Minor Courage and Major Resolve.
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marto wrote: »
    Oakensoul before:
    +10% Damage Done
    +430 Wep/Spell Damage
    +20% Wep Damage
    +20% Spell Damage
    +12% Crit Chance
    +20% Crit Damage
    -10% Damage Taken
    +5948 Armor
    +15% Health Regen
    +15% Mag Regen
    +15% Stam Regen
    +3 Ultimate every 1.5s

Oakensoul after:
    +5% Damage Done
    +215 Wep/Spell Damage
    +20% Wep Damage
    +20% Spell Damage
    +12% Crit Chance
    +10% Crit Damage
    -5% Damage Taken
    +5948 Armor
    +15% Health Regen
    +15% Mag Regen
    +15% Stam Regen
    +1 Ultimate every 1.5s
    +8% Healing Done

This doesn't really seem that bad, when you consider what the target audience for this ring is.

The Update 35 version is close/closer what Oakensoul should have launched with. It's still really good, and now it will be good in groups too due to major / minor buff stacking.

So many of us gave feedback to ZoS before Update 34 that Oakensoul was too strong. It's no surprise that it's getting nerfed after launching in Update 34.

The issue is that a lot of paying customers are very understandably angry that it was nerfed.
    Edited by taugrim on July 11, 2022 10:31PM
    PC | NA | CP 2.3k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is exactly why ZOS removed Major Heroism.

Oakensoul was always intended as a set to make one-bar Low-APM builds more powerful. Without making them more powerful than 2-bar builds.

It was never intended to be a "Make me stronger than any other build could ever make me" button.
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • Gray_howling_parrot
    Gray_howling_parrot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or . . . OR . . . hear me out . . . you just make it unusable with battle spirit OR have minor versions of the buffs as said in this patch when battle spirit is happy. There. Everybody is happy(er).

ZOS doesn't seem to understand a simple concept. To make PVPers happy, you don't need to crap on PVEers and vice versa.
    ESO YouTube Content Creator & Templar Tank/Healer Main
  • Gray_howling_parrot
    Gray_howling_parrot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaustink wrote: »
    Or . . . OR . . . hear me out . . . you just make it unusable with battle spirit OR have minor versions of the buffs as said in this patch when battle spirit is happy. There. Everybody is happy(er).

ZOS doesn't seem to understand a simple concept. To make PVPers happy, you don't need to crap on PVEers and vice versa.

When battle spirit is active*

Typo, apologies.
    ESO YouTube Content Creator & Templar Tank/Healer Main
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one is going to use the ring in PVP now. Questionable if it was only used to get more players to buy the expansion. Definitely not worth giving up a bar for. I don't even see where it will be any good for PVE.
  • SiAScORCH
    SiAScORCH
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightwiish wrote: »
    So the ring is useless now.

They need to get rid of 1 bar restriction if these are the changes. If not, I will be contacting customer support for a refund on high isles.

I wonder if they would give us a refund. That was literally the only reason I bet most people purchased the DLC, was to get that ring.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks pvper
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every year they release a over tuned set so everyone buys the chapter then the nerf it so it's useless so we buy the next content so the over tuned set enjoy it for 5 minutes before it's nerfed.

$$$$$
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They had to remove Heroism and leave the rest. It's now dead for PvP.
  • Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never use my ultimate anyways as I use the CP star for the health regen instead...

If this was the only change I would be cool with it, remove heroism completely for all I care, but they removed half my damage increase, half my mitigation etc. etc.

Going back to wild hunt now!
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never use my ultimate anyways as I use the CP star for the health regen instead...

If this was the only change I would be cool with it, remove heroism completely for all I care, but they removed half my damage increase, half my mitigation etc. etc.

Currently a build with 12k resistance will have about 28% Damage Reduction. Slap Oakensoul on top of that, and you'll have 42% Damage Reduction after adding up the armor bonus and Major Protection.

Post-patch, it will be... 39% Damage Reduction

You're not losing half of your mitigation. You're losing 1-4% mitigation.

This Oakensoul nerf is really not a big deal.
    Edited by Marto on July 12, 2022 12:32AM
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't clear Vet Malestrom before. I've got all the perfect weapons now, even the shield.

Do Malestrom NOW before the ring is gone.
  • Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marto wrote: »

Currently a build with 12k resistance will have about 28% Damage Reduction. Slap Oakensoul on top of that, and you'll have 42% Damage Reduction after adding up the armor bonus and Major Protection.

Post-patch, it will be... 39% Damage Reduction

You're not losing half of your mitigation. You're losing 1-4% mitigation.

This Oakensoul nerf is really not a big deal.

I stand corrected. My mitigation will not be changed much according to your math, but my weapon/spell damage goes down by over 200 and my crit damage takes a hit too. As I only do overland with a minor splattering of dungeons so all this change does for me is making the fights last longer and for overland that kinda suks IMO.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, as a solo, senior PvE player, I’ve actually been using this piece of antiquity-based piece of gear every day since I dug it up. It helped a lot! But I can no longer see any reason to sacrifice my whole second bar for this nerfed ring.

As usual, ZOS giveth and then promptly taketh away, usually because the few players who still PvP loudly complain.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. An older gentleman in my guild with significant mobility issues has been looking forward to finally getting his ring and going on world boss tours with his wife.
    Now he gets a nerf, all because zos is INCAPABLE of balancing their stuff sensibly.
    An unkillable boss tour build does not require Oakensoul.
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said this in another thread but...

This ring gave me the courage to try more challenging content, but with the changes I will probably stop doing them. At least I have a few more weeks to try new things like dungeons I would have never dared to step into. But after that I will probably avoid content like that again.
  • DairyCat
    DairyCat
    ✭✭✭

Nope. Maybe DK's loved this buff but I'm very sure Gank Magblades loved it for the Major Courage, Major Force and Major Berserk.