The Firesong DLC and Update 36 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 3:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 3, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 11:00AM EDT (15:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 11:00AM EDT (15:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online. Patch 8.2.2 including the Firesong DLC is now available to test!

PTS Update 35 - Feedback Thread for Combat Balance Changes

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the combat changes in Update 35. After you have a chance to try out different combat scenarios, let us know what you think of the current balance and changes. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Light and Heavy Attacks
    • Did you notice these adjustments on the PTS while playing?
      • If you did, was it better or worse in your experience?
      • What activities did you primarily feel the differences in, if any (parsing, dungeons, overland, dueling)? Please feel free to include before and after images of metrics on data, such as combat logs, to showcase your point.
    • Do you feel like Light and Heavy Attacks still provide meaningful impact to your play experience after the adjustments? Please explain your reasoning.
  • Damage over Time
      • What activities did you primarily feel the differences in, if any (parsing, dungeons, overland, dueling)? Please feel free to include before and after images of metrics on data, such as combat logs, to showcase your point.
    • After the balance changes, did you make changes to the amount of Damage over Time abilities your build utilized? Please explain any reasoning.
    • While using Damage over Time effects, did you notice any other impacts on your play experience?
  • Healing over Time
    • After the balance changes, did you make changes to the amount of Healing over Time abilities your build utilized? Please explain any reasoning.
    • While using Healing over Time effects, did you notice any other impacts on your play experience?
    • How do you feel about the healing experience and its overall impact in your primary activities (PvP/Dungeons/Solo/Trials)? Has your sentiment changed based on these PTS adjustments?
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on July 14, 2022 2:23PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • TyrickEU
    TyrickEU
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, everything is great.
    I'd do everything to get rid of <snip>"weaving".
    Hopefully one day my friends can also come back to the game. Most of them left because of the combat.

<snipped for baiting>
    Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on July 11, 2022 7:33PM
    "Do I care for the lives of mortals? No. Do you care for the lives of ants that crawls beneath your feet?"
  • Zekka
    Zekka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necro Changes:

While intensive mender was certainly overtuned, I think the "fix" to Spirit Guardian is pretty bad. Your ghost being able to die while not offering pretty much any amount of useful healing means that both morphs are now a little underwhelming.

Additionally, I find it kind of a slap in the face that Surprise Attack, one of the stronger spammables in the game, got a buff but neither morph of Skulls got any sort of change. Skulls are currently the blandest spammable out there, and neither extra effect is particularly good. Cliff Racer was given fun and unique effects, why not do the same for Skulls? They're practically unusable in PvP because they're super easy to dodge and don't really provide anything special when compared to other spammables.

It's cool though, Grave Grasp, one of the biggest meme skills in the game got buffed. Longer maim duration, just what it needed yay!
    Also stamcro damage dealers are really strong in PvE so the class is fine.

And no Carryluurion nerfs in sight while Dark Convergence got a 10 s longer cooldown.
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch notes shouldn't be met with dread, this is awful.
    TyrickEU wrote: »
    Yes, everything is great.
    I'd do everything to get rid of the exploit that many people call "weaving".
    Hopefully one day my friends can also come back to the game. Most of them left because of the combat.
    Well, this certainly isn't a polarised response. :D

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics