Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Is easily visiting peoples non-primary houses possible in some way?

Ilumia
Ilumia
✭✭✭✭✭
Is there a function already in game, or an addon that can save other players houses so I can revisit even though they’re not in them so I can’t port to them.
If yes to either, how does it work?

In guildchat someone asked if people wanted to come see their newly furnished house, and I ported to them because the creativity in housing never ceases to amaze me. The house was absolutely stunning, they had created a cavern in the The Erstwhile Sanctuary to look like a glowfly'ish cavern with snails, snakes moths and other creatures made in the most ingenious ways. I just really wish I could mark it so I could go back in some way.
There are many brilliant houses I’d love to revisit 😊
Edited by ZOS_Phoenix on June 30, 2023 1:24AM
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilumia wrote: »
    Is there a function already in game, or an addon that can save other players houses so I can revisit even though they’re not in them so I can’t port to them.
    If yes to either, how does it work?

In guildchat someone asked if people wanted to come see their newly furnished house, and I ported to them because the creativity in housing never ceases to amaze me. The house was absolutely stunning, they had created a cavern in the The Erstwhile Sanctuary to look like a glowfly'ish cavern with snails, snakes moths and other creatures made in the most ingenious ways. I just really wish I could mark it so I could go back in some way.
    There are many brilliant houses I’d love to revisit 😊

Port to Friends house does it, and no, they don't need to be your friend, you can port to any house someone has as long as it allows visitors.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are on console you are sort of out of luck.

If on PC however the Essential Housing Tools addon has an excellent 'open house' system where any traveller can set their house as 'open' and anyone else can visit it.

It's always nice when people just call round :)

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Ilumia
    Ilumia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These seem like really good options. I am on PC (EU), so thankfully I can use addons, cant' live without them ><
    I will check these out and see if I can figure it out :)
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is a /command for it and I'd assume that works on console as well, but I can't remember what it is.

Port to Friends House is what I use, it's pretty straightforward. Bind the list to a key, press key to bring up list, type in the @playername of whoever's place you want to go to (include the @), select from the dropdown what House it is, then click Add to Favorites I think it is. It'll add it to your list and then whenever you want to go to that particular House you just open your list and click the Port button to the right of the player name/House listing. It sounds like a lot when you read it but actually doing it only takes a few seconds.

I've never used EHT for the porting feature so I'm not sure how one would set it up and if it's easier to use than PtFH or not.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Ilumia
    Ilumia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    There is a /command for it and I'd assume that works on console as well, but I can't remember what it is.

Port to Friends House is what I use, it's pretty straightforward. Bind the list to a key, press key to bring up list, type in the @playername of whoever's place you want to go to (include the @), select from the dropdown what House it is, then click Add to Favorites I think it is. It'll add it to your list and then whenever you want to go to that particular House you just open your list and click the Port button to the right of the player name/House listing. It sounds like a lot when you read it but actually doing it only takes a few seconds.

I've never used EHT for the porting feature so I'm not sure how one would set it up and if it's easier to use than PtFH or not.

Oh this is really helpful - tbh I'm not doing so these days, and I get easily overwhelmed, so thanks for the extra help :)
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main difference is that with PTF you need to know who you are porting to and what the house is called.

With EHT you can go anywhere that is open.

So it depends really on quite how many house calls you are going to make.

Claws Meadow Village is always worth a visit as long as fur does not make you sneeze!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• Ilumia
    Ilumia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are so many incredible houses, and I love visiting, and some are nice to be able to return to.
    It's a bit weird this ins't already an option in the game, but I am grateful for the addon devs having done this work to make it possible - thanks to them :)
  • Ilumia
    Ilumia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main difference is that with PTF you need to know who you are porting to and what the house is called.

With EHT you can go anywhere that is open.

So it depends really on quite how many house calls you are going to make.

Claws Meadow Village is always worth a visit as long as fur does not make you sneeze!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Ok, that makes sense, can I ask how to make it work with EHT?

And also what server you are on, I have a newbie NA character that would love to visit if you are there - and I'm sure thhat character is not as allergic as I am - no matter if cat hairs or plant pollen XD
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the house's owner need to be using the addon as well for this to work? Or does it allow you to port to anyone's house if they've set it to allow visitors?

I've always just copied the permissions from my primary house (which allows visitors) and assumed it doesn't matter for the others because no one can visit anyway unless I'm there. But if they can I might go through and close off the ones I haven't decorated or have just dumped furnishings into.

I know it's not really anything to worry about, but I like visiting other people's houses too (although I've never used the addons) and I find it disappointing when I sit through a loading screen only to find myself in an empty house or one which is just being used for storage. I have all the inn rooms and apartments and a few others of various sizes and maybe 4 or 5 of those are properly decorated, so I'd like to restrict the list to the ones that are worth seeing.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is on PC EU and can be found at wenxue222.

Khajiit has set as open probably about 20 of the 30 something properties she owns. Claws Meadow Village, Claws Snowy Village, Claws University, Water Cat Abbey, Sugar Island and Claws Spa Temple Resort are amongst them.

EHT puts a house on your icon bar thing at the top and then when you click on the house you get tabs to visit houses, see your own houses, see a list of favourite houses etc.

This one thinks you also have to run a 'Essential Housing Community' app from the addon folder to get all this to work as well.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without the use of addons, going to their non-primary requires them to be there. I wish there was a way we could place entrances or portals to other homes, or just set multiple primaries, but I'm assuming ZOS is saving that to use as a new chapter feature or something.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • Marronsuisse
    Marronsuisse
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can visit people's houses, including non-primaries, without them being there and without add-ons. I think add-ons are the most user friendly and easiest, but you can use these scripts instead:

To jump to someone's primary:
    /script JumpToHouse("@playerid")

To jump to someone's specific house:
    /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@playerid", houseid)

Their house has to be open to visitors, same as with the add-ons.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Does the house's owner need to be using the addon as well for this to work? Or does it allow you to port to anyone's house if they've set it to allow visitors?

I've always just copied the permissions from my primary house (which allows visitors) and assumed it doesn't matter for the others because no one can visit anyway unless I'm there. But if they can I might go through and close off the ones I haven't decorated or have just dumped furnishings into.

I know it's not really anything to worry about, but I like visiting other people's houses too (although I've never used the addons) and I find it disappointing when I sit through a loading screen only to find myself in an empty house or one which is just being used for storage. I have all the inn rooms and apartments and a few others of various sizes and maybe 4 or 5 of those are properly decorated, so I'd like to restrict the list to the ones that are worth seeing.

This one thinks that the house owner does not need PTF for that to work but they would need to have EHT to be part of the open housing system for that addon.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay this is news to me. I knew about jumping to their primary but not this.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Danikat
    Nope, only the person trying to visit needs the addons. The House owner doesn't need anything extra for people to visit their places, just for said places to be Public.
    Without the use of addons, going to their non-primary requires them to be there. I wish there was a way we could place entrances or portals to other homes, or just set multiple primaries, but I'm assuming ZOS is saving that to use as a new chapter feature or something.
    Is that the case even when using the command for porting?

Also if people ever want ideas for specific places or whatever I've got numerous Houses decorated as stuff. One of them is a bakery, one is where an alchemist of mine sells his potions and other such things, one is what I like to call his...uh it'd probably get snipped of I said it the way I normally do so I'll just call it his drug lab where he makes drugs and poisons and stuff...plus other places that are designed as like safehouses or just houses in general.
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This one thinks that the house owner does not need PTF for that to work but they would need to have EHT to be part of the open housing system for that addon.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

As the developer of PtFH i would like to clarify a few things on what the addon currently does offer. :)

- A tab for adding houses you would like to visit (favorites). Just add a name and house and port to it. You may add a key binding / shortcut for it (e.g. typing /ptf fav 1 will port to favorite 1).

- A tab for sharing houses (visit cards) through chat with other players

- A tab for your own houses, port inside / outside of them.

- A tab for player submitted houses (not really active on PC/NA unfortunately, quite a lot for PC/EU). Houses are added through the forum thread (see signature) mostly, no additional binaries / applications are required as i personally do not like running some random third party applications where i hardly know who wrote them...
    Edited by InvitationNotFound on April 22, 2022 3:22PM
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

As the developer of PtFH i would like to clarify a few things on what the addon currently does offer. :)

- A tab for adding houses you would like to visit (favorites). Just add a name and house and port to it. You may add a key binding / shortcut for it (e.g. typing /ptf fav 1 will port to favorite 1).

- A tab for sharing houses (visit cards) through chat with other players

- A tab for your own houses, port inside / outside of them.

- A tab for player submitted houses (not really active on PC/NA unfortunately, quite a lot for PC/EU). Houses are added through the forum thread (see signature) mostly, no additional binaries / applications are required as i personally do not like running some random third party applications where i hardly know who wrote them...
    Oh that's neat, I might submit a few of my places (I'm on PC NA). I didn't know there was a bit for people to poke around at submitted Houses.

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
  • Marronsuisse
    Marronsuisse
    ✭✭✭✭

Okay this is news to me. I knew about jumping to their primary but not this.

It's very useful, I keep meaning to figure out add-ons but until then I use this when people publicly invite others to visit their houses. :) There's a house catalogue on the ESO Housing Discord I have been exploring.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This reminds this one.

Need to open up the new home of my pet kelp spriggan.

It is not the residence you might first expect.

Khajiit will unlock the doors in the morning.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• Ilumia
    Ilumia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am looking forward to visiting all these houses. I must admit i did fewer housecalls knowing I'd regret not being able to revisit.
    Thanks for all the help :)
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Console player

:'(
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ilumia, don't forget that the key point is visitor authorization from the house owner. Without it, nothing will work. So when it doesn't work to visit a home, it's not you doing something wrong, it's just that the owner has not set up visit authorization. :)
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • Ilumia
    Ilumia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Console player

Yeah, I really feel for you. Eso addons provide numerous much needed quality of life functions.
    All hail to the mighty addon devs that bother for the pc-players benefit
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's a (no longer supported) list of house ID's:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YBf5fghDWFiZbLgVpmLemhcieKP-cojDojItGNpWgEU/htmlview#gid=0
    I'm but a sarcastic beef jerky. Irony and cynicism are my parents. You've been warned.
  • TechnoDreamVision
    TechnoDreamVision
    ✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »

Been looking for this for over one year. Thanks.
  • Marronsuisse
    Marronsuisse
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    Is that the case even when using the command for porting?
    Kisakee wrote: »

Here's a (no longer supported) list of house ID's:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YBf5fghDWFiZbLgVpmLemhcieKP-cojDojItGNpWgEU/htmlview#gid=0

You can also find all the house ID's on the ever useful UESP :) https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Player_Housing
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Console player

Just use the command in the chat box someone above posted.
  • Burningthunder
    When trying to use the commands /script JumpToHouse(" @ playerid") andf /script JumpToSpecificHouse(" @ playerid", houseid) I was able to port to a friends home, but it won't let me do the same for my own home. I specifically want to make a button to visit a non-primary home of mine.

Can anyone let me know what I would need to achieve that?
    Edited by Burningthunder on June 30, 2023 1:15AM
  • ZOS_Phoenix
    ZOS_Phoenix
    admin
    Greetings,

After review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic (Housing, as this thread is in regards to houses).

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post