The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So Where Are The mDK Nerfs?

Decimus
Decimus
✭✭✭✭✭
Pretty much as the title suggest, I'm a little bit baffled that the current most overperforming class only received a meager 4% damage reduction with the change to Engulfing Flames.
Ardent Flame
Fiery Breath
Engulfing Flames (morph): Reduced the Flame Damage taken bonus on this morph to a maximum of 6%, down from 10%. The total sum of Weapon and Spell Damage needed to reach the cap remains the same.

As of right now, magicka dragonknights are so overtuned they frequently deal 2-3x the damage of any other class. Just a quick example:
auhvryz0mbyi.png

It's gotten to a point where I can take my blood mist troll tank build with 3,7k weapon damage and end a high MMR BG with top damage by just misting around with Flames of Oblivion up & proccing Burning with Charged.
ml9solpbmxkj.png
VOD for this (15 days ago): https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1446158429?t=2h1m7s

And from what I've understood, magicka DK dominates most of the PvE trials as well, a quick look at esologs.com supports this conclusion.

Don't get me wrong, I like playing magicka DK - I've had one for years... but playing it right now in its current state doesn't feel rewarding.

Coming up with cool builds and set combinations doesn't feel right on a class that would do well naked.

This is a sentiment echoed by most of the PvP players in this game, almost no matter where I look or whom I ask... hence it comes as a bit of a surprise that they receive so few balance adjustments, while less over tuned classes like Templar receive hefty nerfs to their survivability.

There needs to be a reduction of the unavoidable AoE damage coming from DKs, or alternatively a hit to their survivability, which is on par... if not better than Templars (whose survivability is getting nerfed in this patch). Otherwise... prepare for another patch where magicka dragonknight is everywhere and ruining the rest of the gameplay.
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on May 14, 2022 5:54PM
PC/EU @ DECMVS
  • Eira_Rosynhwyr
    Eira_Rosynhwyr
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, especially in light of some of the nerfs this patch, however, at the same time, I'd rather they take nerfs slowly.

This is coming from someone who's only DK is a level 38 baby and is quite frustrated by DKs in BGs.

Also, it's less than a 4% damage nerf because DKs simply won't build for as much spell power. Instead they'll put it in other things to boost their damage output.
    Edited by Eira_Rosynhwyr on April 19, 2022 11:04PM
  • Vizir
    Vizir
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no! Anyway, I’ll just run noxious breath for the approx 10% more damage done curtesy of major breach.
  • Ishtharo
    Ishtharo
    ✭✭✭
    I'm generally happy with the adjustments this patch minus the DK taking a meager 4% damage nerf while also getting minor buffs, the templar getting living dark gutted (needed a nerf, but not that hard of one), and Artic blast getting messed with because... reasons?

THese are clearly devs and directors who either don't play the game, or are favoring their class/playstyle. Which is evident when you watch Rich's personal stream and the comments he makes against PvP players, or really anyone he doesn't agree with.
    Tsarra Venus Sylphyra - Stamplar PvP Bosmer Harrier
    VenusFállen - Magden PvP Nord Healer
    VenusFallen - Stamcro PvP Nord Brawler
    VenusFallèn - MagBlade PvP Dark Elf Ganker
    VeñusFallen - StamSorc PvP Bosmer Harrier
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damage wouldn't be an issue if they also didn't have that best heals and the easiest access to mitigation cap.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Grooveliker
    Grooveliker
    ✭✭
    the patch notes are a disaster! Dragonknight is way too strong and they just don't see it because they don't play pvp themselves! The new Mhystic item (ring) is so OP that we will get a werewolf again in addition to the dragon knight problem in the next patch! The developers don't see that either because they don't know their own game! Eso stay the biggest bunch... in PvP!
  • Grooveliker
    Grooveliker
    ✭✭
    Decimus wrote: »
    Pretty much as the title suggest, I'm a little bit baffled that the current most overperforming class only received a meager 4% damage reduction with the change to Engulfing Flames.
    Ardent Flame
    Fiery Breath
    Engulfing Flames (morph): Reduced the Flame Damage taken bonus on this morph to a maximum of 6%, down from 10%. The total sum of Weapon and Spell Damage needed to reach the cap remains the same.

As of right now, magicka dragonknights are so overtuned they frequently deal 2-3x the damage of any other class. Just a quick example:
    auhvryz0mbyi.png

It's gotten to a point where I can take my blood mist troll tank build with 3,7k weapon damage and end a high MMR BG with top damage by just misting around with Flames of Oblivion up & proccing Burning with Charged.
    ml9solpbmxkj.png

And from what I've understood, magicka DK dominates most of the PvE trials as well, a quick look at esologs.com supports this conclusion.

Don't get me wrong, I like playing magicka DK - I've had one for years... but playing it right now in its current state doesn't feel rewarding.

Coming up with cool builds and set combinations doesn't feel right on a class that would do well naked.

This is a sentiment echoed by most of the PvP players in this game, almost no matter where I look or whom I ask... hence it comes as a bit of a surprise that they receive so few balance adjustments, while less over tuned classes like Templar receive hefty nerfs to their survivability.

There needs to be a reduction of the unavoidable AoE damage coming from DKs, or alternatively a hit to their survivability, which is on par... if not better than Templars (whose survivability is getting nerfed in this patch). Otherwise... prepare for another patch where magicka dragonknight is everywhere and ruining the rest of the gameplay.

The developers are just not able to recognize the problems ^^
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While I think that BGs alone are a bad measurement for balance right now it's pretty safe to say that mDK is overperforming in every kind of PvP content: No co no procs, cp, bgs (no cp with procs), 1v1, group vs group, 1vX/smallscale. I'd rate the class as S+ tier in all of that with magplar being the only class that comes close to it (but also getting some deserved nerfs).

On top of that mDk (same as current magplar) doesn't have a single counter or a weak matchup. Nb gets hard countered by Dk for example, which I can live with but it's ridiculous that there's no counter to Dk right now. I don't expect that everything is perfectly balanced but I can expect some sort of balance by allowing different classes being good at different things instead of two classes (Dk and Temp) being S tier in everything. For example sorc, nb and warden aren't better than Dk and Temp in a group setting, they're weaker in duels as well and worse in open-world too (even tho sorc and nb have probably one of the strongest open-world toolkits). What's the point in playing them?
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s funny… been in a couple of BG matches now where each team had 3-4 DKs. :#
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combustion is a busted passive. On live, I current play my magDK with a total of 900 mag regen and 800 stam regen fully buffed with a potion. One infused reduce cost glyph gives you near infinite sustain, and two gives you true infinite sustain.

Ash cloud is also broken. It was changed several patches ago to have a per second cost, which is great in theory, but the developers seemed to have forgotten about reduce cost glyphs when they did this. With one infused and one normal reduce cost on a breton, you reduce the cost of ash cloud to 0 - making it a free AOE heal and 70% snare, as well as a free spammable stamina regen via earthen heart.

FOO is broken. When they changed it to hit 3 targets, they probably should have reduced the damage by a bit. I've seen this thing hit as high as 6k, especially when I'm in corrosive (which is easily the strongest offensive ult in the game currentley).

Molten whip hits insanely hard. I've hit as high as 16k molten whips, and very frequently hit good players in proper builds for 10-12k when in corrosive, which is about as high as I hit good players with my spectral bows on a full damage glass cannon nightblade. Also provides a signifcant spell damage buff.

MagDK is so far above every class right now that it's just frustrating to play anything else. What you can do on a magDK just puts everything else to shame.

Here is some gameplay (with the builds I used in the description) demonstrating how busted it is. This is from last patch before the burning embers buff, which made magdk even stronger. A 4% nerf in damage changes nothing.

https://youtu.be/YuvyB0GJZK4
    Edited by React on April 20, 2022 12:33PM
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • bachpain
    bachpain
    ✭✭✭✭
    It came in the form of nerfing living dark. Oh wait that is a templar skill. In all seriousness, I am wondering the same thing. I don't understand why the MagDK hasn't been tuned and healing across the board nerfed a bit instead of a templar self survival skill exclusive nerf. Makes no sense to this one.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to admit I didn't read past the first sentence before I started laughing. Just wait your turn, your toons will be OP at some point, it's called balance. Just not all balanced at once lol.
  • LordeGian
    LordeGian
    ✭✭
    My point is that the Dragonknight class has always been a pretty attractive playstyle for most people, and now with the super buff it took in the last patch putting it at the top of the strongest classes, the population of MagDKs has skyrocketed. It's easy to find in open world or Battlegrounds groups with 3-4 DKs and all their builds look terribly similar... Strong damage (especially against vampires) and absurd heals and resistances. His ultimate brings a lot of sustain, not to mention God Mode Corrosive, which regenerates a lot of resources (passive) adds excessive direct damage and still cuts damage taken.

Templar also needs some nerfs but that's for another conversation.
    Edited by LordeGian on April 20, 2022 3:23PM
  • Ylikollikas
    Ylikollikas
    ✭✭✭
    Remember the time when mDK was overpowered until Update 6? (the patch that first introduced champion points)
    That patch mega-nerfed mDK and it was pretty terrible in PvP for years.

My point is that better nerf slowly than stomp the class with a giant nerf hammer.

But I agree with your take overall. This time they are taking it too slowly.
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Combustion is a busted passive. On live, I current play my magDK with a total of 900 mag regen and 800 stam regen fully buffed with a potion. One infused reduce cost glyph gives you near infinite sustain, and two gives you true infinite sustain.

Ash cloud is also broken. It was changed several patches ago to have a per second cost, which is great in theory, but the developers seemed to have forgotten about reduce cost glyphs when they did this. With one infused and one normal reduce cost on a breton, you reduce the cost of ash cloud to 0 - making it a free AOE heal and 70% snare, as well as a free spammable stamina regen via earthen heart.

FOO is broken. When they changed it to hit 3 targets, they probably should have reduced the damage by a bit. I've seen this thing hit as high as 6k, especially when I'm in corrosive (which is easily the strongest offensive ult in the game currentley).

Molten whip hits insanely hard. I've hit as high as 16k molten whips, and very frequently hit good players in proper builds for 10-12k when in corrosive, which is about as high as I hit good players with my spectral bows on a full damage glass cannon nightblade. Also provides a signifcant spell damage buff.

MagDK is so far above every class right now that it's just frustrating to play anything else. What you can do on a magDK just puts everything else to shame.

Here is some gameplay (with the builds I used in the description) demonstrating how busted it is. This is from last patch before the burning embers buff, which made magdk even stronger. A 4% nerf in damage changes nothing.

https://youtu.be/YuvyB0GJZK4

Epic mate great vid WOW this is an example what happens if you give and overpower in the hands of an overpower player, respect well done.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS promised that there will be more buffs than nerfs to balance the classes and they kept their word lol. DK got a token nerf and few buffs, templars got a major nerf and few buffs while the rest got token buffs mostly meaningless. Like NB for example, increase in skill time from 30s to 60s which has no casting cost anyway, buff to a skill used only by healers and buff to the only gap closer in the game with cast time, bravo bravo, NB can finally show the rest... his back as he runs away in panic.

In the past ZOS at least listened to the criticism, current combat team doesn't give a *** about us.

MagDK is wreaking havoc on all PvP. Templar is right on his heels. Other classes are squeaking under their pressure, but still from update to update it is DK and Templar that get the most attention and buffs. Now for the first time templar received a major nerf but DK was practically untouched.

It's cool, but I think I'll let ESO go for a while. Between Oakensoul Werewolves and MagDKs, there will be no room for the other classes, maybe templar will manage somehow but I'm not a masochist, I'm not going to take part in this madness. I'll be back when... if ZOS gets their *** together.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to read more but I'm going to go and log on as my much neglected mDK and do some battlegrounds.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Engulfing Flames should go back to 10% but it should only affect non-player enemies. I also wish each damage type had an equivalent debuff, ex. Liquid Lightning for 10% Shock Damage Taken, etc.

This probably would not be enough but would be awesome in PvE and slightly help balance PvP.

We need a lot for “non-player” aka PvE vs PvP conditions.
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't play one because I'm not a fan of their aesthetic, but I can attest to how frustrating it can be to fight so many of them.
  • Nerhesi
    Nerhesi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately what you highlight here is only a symptom of the large systemic issues :(

There are no balance design goals. So we see some class abilities that shame others completely. Unfortunately I dont think this will be addressed as dev effort seems to be more focused on pleasing few people without any significant changes.... (real, significant changes), rather than actually designing with significant improvements in mind.

For example, considering the following ironic history:

-Damage proc sets introduced to diversify meta.
    -Players cry that it is so broken. Meta (mostly) remains what it has been for years... stack stats.
    -Why is it that the same stats that increase your damage, also increase your healing? what ridiculousness
    -CP change to create diversity! Too bad, you dont really have real choices because you dont have to sacrifice anything... there are easily top -4 stars per tree (rather than having them open, or having certain stars penalise other areas).
    -Every time something dares challenge this meta, it is knocked back down and continues the game's stagnation (e.g. Remember the 1 patch were pure-dots were actually worth it? Or when they dared to address the bug-turned-feature known as weaving? Weaving/cancelling is consistently highlighted as the jankiest part of ESO Combat . ESO combat is by far its weakest component (highlighted time and time again in almost all reviews of the game)

Now lets take a look at a DK example to stick to the OP's point:

Take that point above - people crying about dots and proc set damage.
    Did you know that DK poison/burning does more damage than a proc set? And is applied on demand? This isn't being sensational.... A DK hits a skill, hits with a moderate direct damage, applies the skill dot AND applies burning which does more damage than plaguebreak or Oblivions' foe or similar sets.
    Why is DK CC unblockable and undodgeable and can become a root AFTER breakfree, resulting basically 2 GCDs of you eating it.

The problem is there is no design vision (maybe there was and it wasn't the greatest or wasn't followed or decided against...).
    To address the DK issue, you'd have to:

- Take a pass at all classes and skill lines. What skills should be general (guild, weapon etc) - shouldn't those be worse than any class equivalent?
    - What class skills should look like? Perhaps they are better than generics but only do something class specific. Some design mechanic that for example states that class skills will never grant you minor-buffs, only major. Or that they can't replace generic skills, but they can do one thing better. The actual class rules you follow are less important than how you consistently follow them.
    - Consider completely splitting off healing / defensive effectiveness from offensive. You have MagDks with defensive and offensive stars, dodge rolling for <3k stamina, with 30k+ resists, insane burst and heals... in what RPG does that make sense? Oh - in a "play the way you want RPG".

Unfortunately, we are doomed to just patchwork fixes here and there because I do not think the willpower exists within ESO to actually create, a proper ROLE playing mmo and the significant changes required to do so.
    Edited by Nerhesi on April 20, 2022 6:29PM
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the cycle all the time. First stamdens, then stamcros, now mdks for pvp. Maybe sorcs will make a comeback someday. But until we separate healing skills from damage or buff defiles back to 30%, Coag+Regen will remain as the best self-heal in the game.
    As for PvE, DK was crapped onto for many years and in terms of power is close to all other classes. It's taken mostly because it can do similar damage to single target as it can do in cleave with relatively easy to master rotation.
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saying that DK is OP because it deals top dmg in BG is kinda silly. DK was always easy to deal top dmg in BG due to the fact how easy it is to stack dmg with DoTs. I guess stamsorc also should be nerfed because of all the memes this setup can do when it comes to getting high numbers in BG through DoTs and streaking around.
    Edited by axi on April 20, 2022 9:33PM
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ardent Flame
    Fiery Breath

auhvryz0mbyi.png

ml9solpbmxkj.png

The developers are just not able to recognize the problems ^^

To be fair same goes for players.
  • Decimus
    Decimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    axi wrote: »
    Saying that DK is OP because it deals top dmg in BG is kinda silly. DK was always easy to deal top dmg in BG due to the fact how easy it is to stack dmg with DoTs. I guess stamsorc also should be nerfed because of all the memes this setup can do when it comes to getting high numbers in BG through DoTs and streaking around.

Stam sorc doesn't also have the best defense in the game - it can get high numbers (same goes for bow builds with acid spray, magdens with ice wall etc btw) in a BG for sure, but only if it can survive.

A mDK can always survive and get high numbers since it also features the strongest defense in the game (coag, embers, radiating, burst heals with ultimates, when CC'ing etc), no matter the team you get.

And it's not only a BG problem by the way, mDK is the top dog in dueling scene as well as it features the best single target pressure & best self heals - this means that if you're being chased by them in open world (or IC, or battlegrounds)... survival becomes difficult, if not impossible - and counter bursting or outplaying them isn't an option due to the amount of defense they have.

A stamina sorcerer or a magden or a templar you can counter a lot more easily... as they have to be a bit more wary about what you can do to them as well (and their pressure/burst is more easily countered by outranging or outhealing).

A well known mDK duelist on PC EU (winner of multiple dueling tournaments) actually dueled people while naked on his magicka DK... and beat a lot of players considered good at their respective classes. That's how overtuned the class is right now.
    PC/EU @ DECMVS
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdk was always strong, sure it had issues over the years as being very hard to play in cyrodiil, but those days are gone. They have everything now, best heals, best defence, best ultimates and highest dmg/pressure. The only thing magdk lack is mobility, but the introduction of the new cp system aswell as swift trait has fixed that for them.
    Im bewildered that zos hasnt been able to see this yet.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • bachpain
    bachpain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remember the time when mDK was overpowered until Update 6? (the patch that first introduced champion points)
    That patch mega-nerfed mDK and it was pretty terrible in PvP for years.

My point is that better nerf slowly than stomp the class with a giant nerf hammer.

But I agree with your take overall. This time they are taking it too slowly.

They have been buffing it with every patch for almost a year.
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible the mDK nerfs are coming by way of sets they commonly use? Don’t know enough about the class or the meta, but I do remember reading in a different thread that Draugrkin is a popular DK set for dueling. I know that that set is getting toned down this coming patch.
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible the mDK nerfs are coming by way of sets they commonly use? Don’t know enough about the class or the meta, but I do remember reading in a different thread that Draugrkin is a popular DK set for dueling. I know that that set is getting toned down this coming patch.

Easiest way to nerf a DK without nerfs to the class itself is by nerfing charged trait. It's the root of current issues with mag DKs, ZoS completly overbuffed that trait which empowers combustion passive by a lot. While in offense You proc burning status effect almost all the time which buffs Your magicka sustain and dmg then You can wear absorb stamina glyph to have guaranted minor breach proc on enemy from sundered status effect, posion glyph to buff Your stamina sustain through combustion and add one more decent DoT plus on top of that You get usefull uptime on minor magickasteal from overcharged status effect applied by magic dmg from volatile armor. Later You can use sets like plaguebreak to apply diseased status effect which means minor defile on everyone around. All of that thanks to charged trait.
    Edited by axi on April 21, 2022 2:24PM
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stam sorc doesn't also have the best defense in the game - it can get high numbers (same goes for bow builds with acid spray, magdens with ice wall etc btw) in a BG for sure, but only if it can survive.

A mDK can always survive and get high numbers since it also features the strongest defense in the game (coag, embers, radiating, burst heals with ultimates, when CC'ing etc), no matter the team you get.

And it's not only a BG problem by the way, mDK is the top dog in dueling scene as well as it features the best single target pressure & best self heals - this means that if you're being chased by them in open world (or IC, or battlegrounds)... survival becomes difficult, if not impossible - and counter bursting or outplaying them isn't an option due to the amount of defense they have.

A stamina sorcerer or a magden or a templar you can counter a lot more easily... as they have to be a bit more wary about what you can do to them as well (and their pressure/burst is more easily countered by outranging or outhealing).

A well known mDK duelist on PC EU (winner of multiple dueling tournaments) actually dueled people while naked on his magicka DK... and beat a lot of players considered good at their respective classes. That's how overtuned the class is right now.

Debatable based on what enemies You get. In certain situations mobility and evasivness is the best defense and stamsorc is the king of these but like I said it's situational. I actually remember times when I was getting top dmg in BG on my 40k+ HP/4k+ hp regen stamden with less than 4k wep dmg. Getting high dmg easily in BG is not something new.

Coag is more or less on par with other burst heals. It have lower scaling formula than BoL and it only gets higher after reaching certain HP treshold but You need to take under consideration it's pure selfheal. Embers heal is ok at best, really nothing as strong as many people try to make it. It only gets strong when there are guards around since then You bypass battle spirit. In real fight scenario You will rarely see burning embers heal to achieve some significant percentage of Your overal healing. Decent heal at best nothing OP. Radiating regen is accesible for everyone it's not dk exclusive ability. I can agree about heal through ultimates. That passive is strong and very often allows to turn the tables in the fight especially that both leap and corrosive are ultimates that support it even further.and that You get all resources back.

Sorc or magden I can agree, templar idk their defense atm seems to be the most effective in the game when You combine easiness uf usage vs effectiveness when You also need to keep in mind it's not just self defense. That being said yes You can atleast stalemate against most of setups while playing on mDK.

DK was always very high in dueling hierarchy. It's no suprise that experienced duelist was able to kill some other players without armor because the core of the issue with mDK atm is overbuiffed weapon trait. Charged was buffed way too much and currently provides dk with additional sustain and dmg at the same time. Like no joke here charged itself provides currently more dmg and sustain to DK than lot of the 5 piece armor sets. Buffing it from 220% to 480% was a horrible decision. Just by slotting poison and absorb stamina glyphs You will get high uptimes on burning, poisoned, sundered and overcharged status effects which means lots of magicka and stamina sustain, minor breach all the time and minor magickasteal on decent uptime also. if You will use double DoT posion on back bar You can add shock or disease enchant on front bar instead of posion one to add minor defile or minor vulnerability to the table.
    Edited by axi on April 21, 2022 3:05PM
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Debatable based on what enemies You get. In certain situations mobility and evasivness is the best defense and stamsorc is the king of these but like I said it's situational.

Coag is more or less on par with other burst heals. It have lower scaling formula than BoL and it only gets higher after reaching certain HP treshold but You need to take under consideration it's pure selfheal. Embers heal is ok at best, really nothing as strong as many people try to make it. It only gets strong when there are guards around since then You bypass battle spirit. In real fight scenario You will rarely see burning embers heal to achieve some significant percentage of Your overal healing. Decent heal at best nothing OP. Radiating regen is accesible for everyone it's not dk exclusive ability. I can agree about heal through ultimates. That passive is strong and very often allows to turn the tables in the fight especially that both leap and corrosive are ultimates that support it even further.and that You get all resources back.

Sorc or magden I can agree, templar idk their defense atm seems to be the most effective in the game when You combine easiness uf usage vs effectiveness when You also need to keep in mind it's not just self defense. That being said yes You can atleast stalemate against most of setups while playing on mDK.

DK was always very high in dueling hierarchy. It's no suprise that experienced duelist was able to kill some other players without armor because the core of the issue with mDK atm is overbuiffed weapon trait. Charged was buffed way too much and currently provides dk with additional sustain and dmg at the same time. Like no joke here charged itself provides currently more dmg and sustain to DK than lot of the 5 piece armor sets. Buffing it from 220% to 480% was a horrible decision.

DK also benefits from flame being the strongest damage type (mostly because of gear that buffs flame damage and vampire passives/penalties, but also because of the burning status effect being so strong).
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on April 21, 2022 2:38PM
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Debatable based on what enemies You get. In certain situations mobility and evasivness is the best defense and stamsorc is the king of these but like I said it's situational.

DK was always very high in dueling hierarchy. It's no suprise that experienced duelist was able to kill some other players without armor because the core of the issue with mDK atm is overbuiffed weapon trait. Charged was buffed way too much and currently provides dk with additional sustain and dmg at the same time. Like no joke here charged itself provides currently more dmg and sustain to DK than lot of the 5 piece armor sets. Buffing it from 220% to 480% was a horrible decision.

DK also benefits from flame being the strongest damage type (mostly because of gear that buffs flame damage and vampire passives/penalties, but also because of the burning status effect being so strong).

Yes but these benefits were always in the game sometimes even stronger than right now (for example there was a time vampire was taking up to 50% more flame dmg) and always part of DK class indentity. Newly designed status effects and buffed charged trait weren't.