Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Can't get Past 'Requesting Character Load' Screen

• Liedeke
    Liedeke
    ✭✭✭
    I was kicked out about 30 minutes ago and now I can't get back in. Stuck in "requesting character load". Ah well, at least I managed to get my tickets for today. Guess I'm going for another walk with the dogs, sure they won't mind.

Edit: I'm on PC-EU
    Edited by Liedeke on April 7, 2022 3:16PM
    Options
  • thoreyes
    thoreyes
    ✭✭
    April 6th 2022
    Time 16:10
    Can't get past requesting character load screen after login!!!!!!
    Constant problem with this since maintenance.
    for goodness sake sort it out please.
    Options
  • Thrudra_Magia
    Thrudra_Magia
    ✭✭✭
    PC-EU: I was able to log in to get my Jester Festival rewards, then I logged out. Came back and hour and a half later to get the 'requesting load' screen.
    Options
  • Eldartar
    Eldartar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Complainer,
    Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated in to the server,
    Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated in to the server.
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC-EU: I was able to log in to get my Jester Festival rewards, then I logged out. Came back and hour and a half later to get the 'requesting load' screen.
    Same here. I was able to login in the morning (although it took suspiciously long time for an empty server) and get my event tickets from the Jester Festival. Now I got back from work & I can not login :(

It is a shame, because Anniversary Jubilee Event requires to do a lot of daily quests... don't look at me, it is ZOS who designed RNG that way.... :(
    Options
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    i wait 30min,cant login :'( i want to play eso...
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I too am part of the Some Players collective.

As usual I would very much like to meet members of the other collective, you know, the one that is not experiencing issues.

If you are a member of the group that is in fact not experiencing issues please make yourself known, thank you.
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting timed out now on the character screen.

Have only managed to log in four out of 18 crafters.

This one is getting box withdrawal shakes!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • Tantala
    Tantala
    ✭✭✭
    EU server just chucked me off for lack of activity ... which is a bit of a kick in the teeth when you are stuck at the login screen!
    Options
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a character request load right now and it's taking forever.

*shakes head*

I don't get why something broken (tested on NA) gets pushed through here... ?
    If one doesn't work, why does the following get the same treatment?
    It's a 200 million dollar budget game, but the choices don't reflect the monetary investment (my opinion), where is the money going?

In the words of Alfred: 'Why do we fall master bruce?'
    Edited by Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo on April 7, 2022 3:34PM
    Options
  • CKomet
    CKomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ich lach mich schlapp... hier im englischen Bereich steht tatsächlich noch der Hinweis "einige" Spieler.....
    normalerweise PC/EU (selten PC/NA)

QuestauflistungAlchemiezutatenHimmelsscherbenHandwerksgutachten(in Arbeit)Schatzkarten(in Arbeit)Kochrezepte(in Arbeit)
    Options
  • nimotelperion
    nimotelperion
    ✭✭
    Same here. I could log in a couple of hours ago and now.... not so much.

I've tried disabling add-ons, different characters but still just getting "Requesting character load..."

The "..." is taunting me. I just hope I don't have to wait as long for this to be fixed as I did for my armour set. That took 6 months.
    Options
  • mareeelb16_ESO
    mareeelb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It's pretty obvious that the servers / database just can't take the load.

If a mass of players all saved up their dailies on multiple characters (like I did) and hoped to turn them in at the start of the event then I guess we just over-estimated the servers' ability to cope.

Hamsters can't keep up :s
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all, we are aware of the issue. We are investigating to resolve. Thanks for your feedback so far and we will update with more information.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    #metoo
    Options
  • Thretion
    Thretion
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all, we are aware of the issue. We are investigating to resolve. Thanks for your feedback so far and we will update with more information.

I know the solution. JUST ROLL BACK cold storage patch. Easy. Well, or take a closer look at the ports. ;)
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor Misti Claws has been stood there so long now patiently waiting to wake up.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here. Stuck and character load screen. Login not an issue. I get booted for inactivity after a long while.

This issue did not occur this noon as I quickly logged in to get final tickets of jester event.
    Options
  • Azrael_1976
    Azrael_1976
    ✭✭✭
    #metoo
    #hurryup
    Options
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thretion wrote: »

I know the solution. JUST ROLL BACK cold storage patch. Easy. Well, or take a closer look at the ports. ;)

Would not work, this is noth the first time this happens. They need more bandwidth or something, when too many people try to play at the same time (being an MMO we payed to play...) this happens. Typical on PC EU because there are many of us here logging in at the same time.
    PC-EU
    Options
  • Cardhwion
    Cardhwion
    ✭✭✭

Honestly, you communication is seriously lacking.

1. There would need to be an apology for the issues AND the reassurance that all time of the event lost will be added to the event in an extension.

2. There should be an explanation on WHY the issue is still around, after you "fixed" the issue last night.

3. There should be an ETA for the fix and very regular (every 15 Minutes or so) updates from your end on what is going on. Right now there is the impression that you write only "we are looking" and then take the deep dive.
    "Why did I follow him...? I don't know. Why do things happen as they do in dreams? All I know is that, when he beckoned... I had to follow him. From that moment, we traveled together, East. Always... into the East."
    Options
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Again?
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
    Options
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those asking about event compensation for yesterday’s outage on PC EU, please place a ticket with customer service. They will help get you recover potential missing tickets. Please be sure to give them 24-48hrs to respond. Thanks, all.

Will we get equally a compensation in case this day is lost for us European folks?
    Options
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Again!!!!!
    Options
  • Enrik72
    Enrik72
    ✭✭
    loading loading and guess ..more loading
    i'm just a peasant who barely speaks english
    Options
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Again!!!!!
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue here stuck on character load.
    Had problem yesterday earlier.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I assume that there is a very conveniently timed hardware failure going on as well, like Firor told NA players a few days ago.

Who at ZOS actually still believes all the BS that they come up with?
    Options
  • rucker
    rucker
    ✭✭
    Same goes for me.
    Options
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    I assume that there is a very conveniently timed hardware failure going on as well, like Firor told NA players a few days ago.

Who at ZOS actually still believes all the BS that they come up with?

It sure sounds like a hardware failure though.

Kinda shameful that they let critical hardware infrastructure get this bad in the first place.
    Options