Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't get Past 'Requesting Character Load' Screen

• Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please, fix this once and for all. I'd like to play this event today. I already completely missed the last day of the last event because of instability issues.

Performance was pretty good last week even with increased population, and since Monday it's been a mess.

This is supposed to be a fun anniversary event, not a week of banging our heads on the wall just to log in. We'd greatly appreciate a real performance improvement instead of whatever the last maintenance was supposed to be. Show us and the servers some love. Thank you in advance.

PC E U
    Edited by Arrodisia on April 7, 2022 3:37PM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Server went boom
    Too many cakes
    Going for a nap now

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Anthony_Arndt
    Anthony_Arndt
    ✭✭✭
    So bored of this. They really should allow you to use all your crown purchases across both servers if they can't be arsed to spend money on the EU server.

Yeah, ESO is the only MMO I've ever played (and I've been playing MMOs since AO) where you have to rebuy everything from the cash shop on each server. I love the game and the Dev team, but their legal team is garbage (assuming that's where the hurdle is).

My main Sci-Fi MMO is EA's SWTOR, and if I buy something in SWTOR and unlock it "account wide", it's for every character on that account, regardless of the language or region of that server.
    ”Fusozay Var Var”: ”Enjoy Life”
    Life is short. If you have not made love recently, please, put down this book, and take care of that with all haste. Find a wanton lass or a frisky lad, or several, in whatever combination your wise loins direct, and do not under any circumstances play hard to get. Our struggle against the colossal forces of oppression can wait.
    Good. Welcome back.
    We Khajiit live and fight together, and our struggles will not end very soon, likely not in our lifetimes. In the time we have, we do not want our closest comrades to be dour, dull, colorless, sober, and virginal. If we did, we would have joined the Thalmor.
    Do not begrudge us our lewd jokes, our bawdy, drunken nights, our moonsugar. They are the pleasures often denied to us, and so we take our good humor very seriously.
    Outfit slots are disgustingly expensive.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sarahthes wrote: »
    Varana wrote: »
    I assume that there is a very conveniently timed hardware failure going on as well, like Firor told NA players a few days ago.

Who at ZOS actually still believes all the BS that they come up with?

It sure sounds like a hardware failure though.

Kinda shameful that they let critical hardware infrastructure get this bad in the first place.

They said that on PC NA it was a hardware port.
    Perhaps some clear foresight is lacking in their operations or just seeing if it works without replacing...either way it's not enjoyable and yes, not clear at all...

1). Many of our pcs went bonkers after 33 - UC at 100% etc, FPS drops, fans blowing loudly (no fix proposal, only from players)
    2). Unplayable yesterday
    3) Unplayable today?
    Edited by Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo on April 7, 2022 3:42PM
  • Dallragon
    Dallragon
    ✭✭
    I also have such a problem I can't log in to character
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mh, I waited now for let's say 15min without getting booted and now I can play. So it is not entirely futile to try again
  • Enrik72
    Enrik72
    ✭✭
    Too many cakes

The cake is a lie....

l4mbxo0hprq2.jpg

i'm just a peasant who barely speaks english
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cardhwion wrote: »
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all, we are aware of the issue. We are investigating to resolve. Thanks for your feedback so far and we will update with more information.

Honestly, you communication is seriously lacking.

1. There would need to be an apology for the issues AND the reassurance that all time of the event lost will be added to the event in an extension.

2. There should be an explanation on WHY the issue is still around, after you "fixed" the issue last night.

3. There should be an ETA for the fix and very regular (every 15 Minutes or so) updates from your end on what is going on. Right now there is the impression that you write only "we are looking" and then take the deep dive.
    Nah, they don't have to. All those things are none of our business, and an apology isn't worth much if this keeps happening again. I rather have ZOS stay quiet, and really fix the issues for good.

Maybe have ZOS tell us something about the upcoming server hardware upgrades, to keep us all looking forward to something.
    Server went boom
    Too many cakes
    Going for a nap now

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Well, personally I am not a fan of the two hour event item timers. I'd rather have ZOS just activate a double exp during the eventperiod, than having to re-use an item over and over. It is just so clunky and annoying, not to mention it is easy to forget, or let the timer run out. (Not to mention we have to use these items on all our 18 characters!)
    Edited by Sarannah on April 7, 2022 3:45PM
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've always been so patient with ESO because I want to be and I love this game, but this is getting unbelievably ridiculous
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is really ironic, after weeks of hard work I could play more ESO again, but no, problems every single day...
  • dmnqwk
    dmnqwk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got to enjoy being disconnected through inactivity... REQUESTING CHARACTER LOAD <3

Somebody responsible for this, at VP level, is going to end up costing the company so much money they need to be sacked.
    It's not the coders, it's not the marketing, it's somebody at executive level who has dropped the ball so severely they have to go.
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTH!? AGAIN ?!!
    Cardhwion wrote: »
    Hi all, we are aware of the issue. We are investigating to resolve. Thanks for your feedback so far and we will update with more information.

Honestly, you communication is seriously lacking.

1. There would need to be an apology for the issues AND the reassurance that all time of the event lost will be added to the event in an extension.

2. There should be an explanation on WHY the issue is still around, after you "fixed" the issue last night.

3. There should be an ETA for the fix and very regular (every 15 Minutes or so) updates from your end on what is going on. Right now there is the impression that you write only "we are looking" and then take the deep dive.

And tbh everytime you're saying "some players are having.." on the announcement it feels highly insulting as everytime you say it we know everyone is having the issue. Stop faking the issues are smaller than they are.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • Synaptic
    Synaptic
    ✭✭✭
    sarahthes wrote: »
    Varana wrote: »
    I assume that there is a very conveniently timed hardware failure going on as well, like Firor told NA players a few days ago.

Who at ZOS actually still believes all the BS that they come up with?

It sure sounds like a hardware failure though.

Kinda shameful that they let critical hardware infrastructure get this bad in the first place.

Why would ZOS spend money on server upkeep to ensure a smooth experience for their community when they can just focus their efforts on creating more assets to monetize on the store and squeeze every last cent instead ?
  • Ilumia
    Ilumia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those asking about event compensation for yesterday’s outage on PC EU, please place a ticket with customer service. They will help get you recover potential missing tickets. Please be sure to give them 24-48hrs to respond. Thanks, all.

This is nice - thank you. But what about the anniversary boxes we miss. I prepare for the anniversary event and missed out on daily craftwrits from yesterday because of this, it seems I will again today. I know it seems entitled, but I also know I pay for a game that is not available at the most important times.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to sound ungrateful, but when it comes to dealing with these kinds of problems ESO really is at the bottom. Yesterday the team didn't fix anything just waited for people to go off on their own and stated at the end "ok, we got this". And today you have to face the problem all over again. It's just a shame that, as usual, we are the ones who suffer the consequences :/
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • ohaphazardo
    ohaphazardo
    ✭✭✭
    Once again, an ESO failure to provide what people have legitimately paid for.
    NOT.FIT.FOR.PURPOSE.
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep stuck on 'requesting character load...'

interface.log:
    2022-04-07T16:51:58.641Z Load Screen - Waiting On: CHARACTER_GEOMETRY, TERRAIN_GEOMETRY, KEEPS, FIXTURE_ASSETS, DYNAMIC_OBJECTS, USER_INTERFACE, RENDERER, GAME_DATA, TEXTURES, CHARACTER_ACTIVATED, SHARED_CHARACTER_OBJECT, FIXTURE_PHYSICS, PLAYER,
    2022-04-07T16:51:58.641Z Load Screen - OnAreaLoadStarted - (138) Unknown Zone
    2022-04-07T16:51:58.641Z Load Screen - Show
    2022-04-07T16:51:58.804Z Load Screen - GAME_DATA Complete
    2022-04-07T16:51:58.804Z Load Screen - Waiting On: FIXTURE_ASSETS, DYNAMIC_OBJECTS, USER_INTERFACE, TEXTURES, CHARACTER_ACTIVATED, FIXTURE_PHYSICS, PLAYER,
    2022-04-07T16:51:58.804Z Load Screen - CHARACTER_GEOMETRY Complete
    2022-04-07T16:51:58.804Z Load Screen - Waiting On: FIXTURE_ASSETS, DYNAMIC_OBJECTS, USER_INTERFACE, TEXTURES, CHARACTER_ACTIVATED, FIXTURE_PHYSICS, PLAYER,
    2022-04-07T16:51:58.804Z Load Screen - KEEPS Complete
    2022-04-07T16:51:58.804Z Load Screen - TERRAIN_GEOMETRY Complete
    2022-04-07T16:51:58.804Z Load Screen - RENDERER Complete
    2022-04-07T16:51:58.804Z Load Screen - SHARED_CHARACTER_OBJECT Complete
    2022-04-07T16:51:58.929Z Load Screen - USER_INTERFACE Complete
    2022-04-07T16:51:58.929Z Load Screen - Waiting On: FIXTURE_ASSETS, DYNAMIC_OBJECTS, TEXTURES, CHARACTER_ACTIVATED, FIXTURE_PHYSICS, PLAYER,
    2022-04-07T16:51:59.696Z Load Screen - Show/Hide - Animation Complete
    2022-04-07T16:51:59.824Z Load Screen - PLAYER Complete
    2022-04-07T16:51:59.824Z Load Screen - Waiting On: FIXTURE_ASSETS, DYNAMIC_OBJECTS, TEXTURES, CHARACTER_ACTIVATED, FIXTURE_PHYSICS,
    2022-04-07T16:51:59.824Z PregameStateManager_SetState - from: AccountLogin, to: CharacterSelect
    2022-04-07T16:52:09.041Z Load Screen - FIXTURE_ASSETS Complete
    2022-04-07T16:52:09.041Z Load Screen - Waiting On: DYNAMIC_OBJECTS, TEXTURES, CHARACTER_ACTIVATED,
    2022-04-07T16:52:09.041Z Load Screen - FIXTURE_PHYSICS Complete
    2022-04-07T16:52:09.041Z Load Screen - Waiting On: DYNAMIC_OBJECTS, TEXTURES, CHARACTER_ACTIVATED,
    2022-04-07T16:52:11.349Z Load Screen - DYNAMIC_OBJECTS Complete
    2022-04-07T16:52:11.349Z Load Screen - Waiting On: TEXTURES, CHARACTER_ACTIVATED,
    2022-04-07T16:52:11.481Z Load Screen - TEXTURES Complete
    2022-04-07T16:52:11.481Z Load Screen - Systems Loaded And Not Waiting For Teleport
    2022-04-07T16:52:11.481Z Load Screen - Hide
    2022-04-07T16:52:11.481Z Load Screen - Hide - Wasn't Already Hiding
    2022-04-07T16:52:11.481Z Load Screen - CHARACTER_ACTIVATED Complete
    2022-04-07T16:52:11.481Z Load Screen - Systems Loaded And Not Waiting For Teleport
    2022-04-07T16:52:11.481Z Load Screen - Hide
    2022-04-07T16:52:12.387Z Load Screen - Show/Hide - Animation Complete
    2022-04-07T16:52:12.387Z Load Screen - Hide - Animation Complete
    2022-04-07T16:52:26.527Z PregameStateManager_SetState - from: CharacterSelect, to: BeginLoadingIntoWorld
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah, good news, my account is already logged in... 👍
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did finally manage to get in with one of my characters parked in a basegame zone. Trying the two parked in the same location now. I hope the one in Wrothgar can load beacuse I'm questing with that one...
    Halcyon Black
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the issue still persisting?
  • Ilumia
    Ilumia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the issue still persisting?

Yes, I had a 10 minute wait time in on one character. I relogged and have now waited for almost 15 without succes
  • ZeroDPS
    ZeroDPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    +1
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't know what the problem is, I can log in fine...

But then I get put in a never ending 15 minute, 36 second queue :'(
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is probably not the login servers if we can get to the character select screen but perhaps an issue with waking up the characters themselves - perhaps the database has just crawled to a halt with the sheer load of many of us trying to get quests done on multiple characters?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • unjulation
    unjulation
    ✭✭
    I too am part of the Some Players collective.

As usual I would very much like to meet members of the other collective, you know, the one that is not experiencing issues.

If you are a member of the group that is in fact not experiencing issues please make yourself known, thank you.

they're all playing ESO /s ;)
  • Elrond87
    Elrond87
    ✭✭✭
    I've always been so patient with ESO because I want to be and I love this game, but this is getting unbelievably ridiculous

It is taking the p... now
    PC|EU
    cp2698
    20 characters
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been able to connect 2 characters as of now (last 10 mins)
  • ValarMorghulis1896
    ValarMorghulis1896
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "We are currently investigating issues some players are having logging into the European PC/Mac megaserver."
    ...SOME players... u r funny, ZOS, i like u...
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    “I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" Death thought about it. "CATS", he said eventually. "CATS ARE NICE.” Terry Pratchett
  • Sahqon
    Sahqon
    ✭✭✭
    Still trying to load into my first character. I got placed into a 2s queue which actually lasted 2s, then loaded character select extra quickly, in a few seconds in fact. Then I spend about 15 mins on character load, now I'm stuck on Vvardenfell loading screen (still the actual character load, I haven't been in yet). If I get in, I guess it's a quick bite of cake then try again tomorrow instead of the relog dance across 10 characters I had planned for today :(