Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't get Past 'Requesting Character Load' Screen

• Dovahkiin02191973
    Dovahkiin02191973
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like EU will be going under maintenance is about 15 minutes. So I am outta here for now. Will check back late this evening. All I wanted to do was collect my daily reward anyways but for serious players this is unacceptable business.
    Options
  • agen.fi
    agen.fi
    ✭✭✭
    So got in game and 15min to maintenance... ffs...
    Options
  • NebelLei
    NebelLei
    Let me guess... no refunds for this mess, right?
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do I think that it will happen tomorrow too ?
    Options
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    And the solution is...

... to throw everyone out of the game until late evening, in the hopes that there's less traffic then, and the problem gets plastered over.
    Same procedure as every time.
    It's going to be almost midnight where I live, literally couldn't play at ALL -- AGAIN after coming home from work.
    Options
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    And the solution is...

... to throw everyone out of the game until late evening, in the hopes that there's less traffic then, and the problem gets plastered over.
    Same procedure as every time.

Would appear to be the tactic .

It was working fine, switching between characters was slow but when you're in it seems quite stable. Though very busy - no surprise, anniversary event.

And so, in prime time for Europe, they shut down the server...
    Options
  • NebelLei
    NebelLei
    Do ZOS even have a QA office?
    Options
  • saar
    saar
    ✭✭✭
    "In response to the ongoing issue, the European PC/Mac megaserver will be taken offline for maintenance at 2:15PM EDT / 18:15 UTC"
    dj-khaled-another-one.gif
    Options
  • Battle_Hymn
    Battle_Hymn
    ✭✭✭
    So bored of this. They really should allow you to use all your crown purchases across both servers if they can't be arsed to spend money on the EU server.

Yeah, ESO is the only MMO I've ever played (and I've been playing MMOs since AO) where you have to rebuy everything from the cash shop on each server. I love the game and the Dev team, but their legal team is garbage (assuming that's where the hurdle is).

My main Sci-Fi MMO is EA's SWTOR, and if I buy something in SWTOR and unlock it "account wide", it's for every character on that account, regardless of the language or region of that server.

IKR. It takes a special kind of company to out greed EA.
    Options
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Big sad.
    Options
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    wow, thats a great wear and tear on network cards

1ltgcmgnce9y.jpg
    Options
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NebelLei wrote: »

QA has to do with coding. This is very clearly a hardware issue.
    Options
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sarahthes wrote: »

I'm not sure you can safely reach that conclusion. Hardware is possible, but it also seems possible that sharding puts significantly higher load on the servers for some period of time following, load they do not handle gracefully.
    Options
  • Youmee
    Youmee
    ✭✭✭
    Dear ZOS,
    we understand that you have made a mistake, but what abut an apology and some compensation for those who waited for this anniversary event?
    Options
  • ZharaX
    ZharaX
    ✭✭✭
    Could someone please explain the meaning of this wierd new button...?

tggb5akc7ivb.png

Seems to me to be another way for Devs to try remedy useless servers and bad coding! I seriously don't understand that 'new' function...
    The picture on the wall is chaotic.
    I don't want to look at it, but when I do,
    I cannot speak because of the confusion in my head!
    Options
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO team trying to apply new patch:

6bs255.jpg
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »

I'm not sure you can safely reach that conclusion. Hardware is possible, but it also seems possible that sharding puts significantly higher load on the servers for some period of time following, load they do not handle gracefully.

I suspect the aging hardware infrastructure can't handle the regular load plus the background data migration caused by sharding/cold storage.

It's still a hardware problem in the end though.
    Options
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's at least 24 hours of constant inability to log in and play.

Is it possible that the server is down for so long due to activity of hackers taking retaliation against Microsoft.

I'm not an expert but yesterday Reuters announced that "U.S. FBI disrupted Russian hackers". It's on Reuters website.

A coincidence?
    Edited by Gargath on April 7, 2022 7:44PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
    Options
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See the positive, its fixed according to them, but still persists. Soon we get Maintenance Number 5.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all, PC EU is back open for players. Please let us know if there are continued issues and we’ll take a look.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Thretion
    Thretion
    ✭✭✭
    Why do I think that it will happen tomorrow too ?

Because it happened yesterday. And a week ago on the American server.
    Options
  • Cloudless
    Cloudless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently we failed at believing hard enough that the issue was resolved, 'cause it's still very much there. :'(
    Edited by Cloudless on April 7, 2022 7:50PM
    Options
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin There are continued issues, would you mind to take a look.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
    Options
  • carlchen
    carlchen
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all, PC EU is back open for players. Please let us know if there are continued issues and we’ll take a look.

Nope .. still Login Queue which does not change ... :(
    Does not have been solved
    Options
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's always a queue when relogging after maintenance, if they let in every single person at once it would just crash the login server.
    Options
  • Irniben
    Irniben
    Soul Shriven
    There's always a queue when relogging after maintenance, if they let in every single person at once it would just crash the login server.

Yes... but estimated 30 minutes?
    Options
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irniben wrote: »

Yes... but estimated 30 minutes?

Every time I've experienced it, it's eased within 5-10 minutes as the initial crunch of people gets thru and into the game.

It's like 80 people trying to get thru a double door at once. As soon as most of them are thru everyone else can get back in.

If it doesn't ease in 15-30 minutes then yeah it's still broken. But immediately after going live again? That's normal.
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

Placed in a 14 minute queue, client timed out.

'Open' is a relative term
    Options
  • Onigar
    Onigar
    ✭✭✭
    "The issue is resolved, and the European PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!"

Hooray !!

Logging in and ..... 30 minute queue again... got to 1 sec... then... 28 mins...

Time to sleep i guess, game time over for today.

Edit:
    I have no issue with the queuing concept just if you get to 1 sec and then it jumps up to a high number something does not seem right.
    Edited by Onigar on April 7, 2022 7:54PM
    PC EU
    Addon Author:
    Currency Manager: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1998
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Okay, let’s give it a few minutes to see if things shake out. Just want to make sure it’s not related to just opening the doors to players.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post