The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How do you feel about new new main feature of new chapter (Tales of Tribute card game)?

• EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They can't balance pve and pvp separately, but they can balance two separate games?
  • mickeyx
    mickeyx
    ✭✭✭✭
    i was hoping for a new class or a new skill line to level.
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I guess the fishing skiff that GW2 end of dragons players are getting doesn’t sound so bad now by comparison. At least they get to float around on the water and do stuff.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No interest in this whatsoever
    PC EU
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't hate the idea of a card game, but I totally don't think that should be one of the major selling points of an expansion, I'll just wait until it eventually becomes free like battlegrounds gamemode did or they add it to the ESO plus package
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A system I'll be forced to use to gain transmute crystals outside of randoms. With all the crystal sinks, we need more ways to earn them through regular overworld PvE gameplay.

18 toons each. One person logs in a level 10 each time and then quits the group to stay level 10. 180 crystals a person for some quick basic dungeon grinds, 170 for the person who brought the level 10 assuming it wasn't on a separate basic account bought in the sale for $5 or so.

It's not really hard to grind them by non card game methods.
    Edited by etchedpixels on January 28, 2022 2:16PM
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Flameweaver1951
    Flameweaver1951
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the Antiquities mini game, especially the fact that all of characters, who never signed up to the mini game are inundated with leads I'll never use. This card game is just another piece of necessary trash. Much better in my opinion, that ZOS spent time, effort and money in fixing the game, rather than developing junk.
    Edited by Flameweaver1951 on January 28, 2022 2:17PM
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My question is in PVP zones instead of fighting what do we do now, bring out our duel decks.

As for card games, why pay for this when you can get Yugioh for free right now and slowly build up your deck not using any real world money.

I mean if you wanted to create a separate game that would expand the Elder Scrolls games and make it a card game, cool idea but not something to add to ESO.

I did pre-order the new content simply because I like having as much content available to me when my membership expires.
  • adyreonb14_ESO
    adyreonb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Extremely upset that development hours were wasted on a minigame when we have been asking for a new PvP format for four years. I thought there was no way PvP would not see some form of updated format, now I feel like an idiot for believing in this dev team. The stubbornness of the developers is beyond comprehension.

I can't remember where I heard this, but someone said a while back that it was going to take about a year or so to fix the Cyrodiil PvP issues; doing a few changes at a time and laying the groundwork to fix it.

Then in this reveal it mentioned the story was about a group trying to prevent the factions discussing how to end the faction war in Cyrodiil.

Maybe they are preparing for a PvP change for 2023 to fix Cyrodiil and come up with a better PvP solution?
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extremely upset that development hours were wasted on a minigame when we have been asking for a new PvP format for four years. I thought there was no way PvP would not see some form of updated format, now I feel like an idiot for believing in this dev team. The stubbornness of the developers is beyond comprehension.

I can't remember where I heard this, but someone said a while back that it was going to take about a year or so to fix the Cyrodiil PvP issues; doing a few changes at a time and laying the groundwork to fix it.

They said this in 2019, again in 2020 and people keep falling for it over and over. Remember “the year of performance”
  • Greg11jkalfa
    Greg11jkalfa
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like it's too early to give definitive opinions. When the PTS is through it's first couple weeks, then we'll all be able to see how good or bad it will be.
    When the next Elder Scroll is written, you shall be it's scribe.
    -Martin Septim
    Member Since June 9, 2015
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like they introduce mini games to the game, still waiting for a pet game like in WOW. Anything that gives more to do is healthy for a MMORPG, that said I think as a selling point to the chapter is very weak, like the companion system. Need a 1v1 arena asap.
  • proteinexe
    proteinexe
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZoS is essentially telling us to open wide and then pissing into our mouths.

No new change to gameplay at all, or addition to further characters for 3 years running, this one changing the least. Then changing things like ‘piercing javelin’ to go through block as a ‘quality of life’ improvement.. what¿ at this point, there’s gonna be no hope if they mark that change as a quality of life improvement.

You can tell they know they’ve messed this one up by the sheer amount of press being released from them to try and pull people back from realising we’ve been robbed of another year.

Look at Summerset, Morrowind and Elsweyr and then tell me this is worth £40.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmurra2 wrote: »
    I feel the card game was the worst part of the reveal.

It was a toss up between the card game & the dungeon/delves being taken straight from Summerset

I'm actually happy to get a Summerset dungeon. The card game... has me intrigued. I was hoping for more useful additions to the game though.
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no actual issues with mini-games being added. But I feel like where we are with the current state of affairs there is far more pressing matters and much more important systems that need to either be updated or overhauled that this was a really poor choice for a Chapter Feature.

Hell I would have welcomed an overhaul of Guilds and what they can offer. With the location and culture Id have welcomed the addition of mounted PvP in the forum of Jousting Lists or a Dueling Pit where players can earn some prestige and find themselves on a scoreboard. Find something to reward the players for their time and effort in 1v1 PvP. Imagine all of the duels around wayshrines drying up because it doesnt benefit them to do it outside of the Dueling Pit.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gwent 2.0. No thanks.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Trailer: Shows epic imagery of sailing ships approaching an island in the midst of a storm, leading to speculation of sailing or other such adventure.

Zos: Please sit in a chair in a tavern and play this card game instead of interacting with the game world.

I didn't actually think we'd get open world sailing, but I also didn't think what we did get would be this...tone deaf to the needs and wants of the playerbase and the game as a whole.

Granted, I always kinda wanted to be able to play the board games and stuff you see in game as furnishings (I wish we'd gotten this instead of a card game) But I never thought we'd get it as the main selling point of the chapter. I'm just left going...what? Why? Who thought this was a good idea? Who thought anyone wanted this?
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Weper
    Weper
    ✭✭✭
    If 70% of the cards (or the strongest cards) will be in the Crown Store then I'll be pretty much upset.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nope.

I have to wait and see.

Edited by Dojohoda on January 29, 2022 4:07AM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

One QoL request from a PvP player that could find a use for this new card game with guild/friends.

Sitting in a Cyrodiil 30min-1h queue on console I am limited in the activities due to the strong possibility of missing my queue, combat for example.

Any chance this new card game system could have a noticeable notification across my screen when my queue is ready? This way, me/player, can exit out of the card game and enter Cyrodiil?

Passing the time in queue playing cards with friends w/o the possibility of missing our queue would be great.

That alone would be a strong selling point for me.

Thank you.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on January 28, 2022 6:30PM
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anumaril wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that ESO is starting to delve into having minigames in the game. It makes the world feel more alive and deep. It makes sense that people in Tamriel would play cards, play dice, do all kinds of things. More (interesting) minigames = good for me. But having it be the main selling point of a whole Chapter (of which we only get 1 PER YEAR) seems really weird to me.

If ZOS wanted to add mini-games it would have been better to use games already found in ESO as furnishings. Blood on the Snow, Swan Stones and the others would have actually fulfilled a long standing request from the housing community to make the decorative games real playable ones.
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loved mtg, so I'm looking forward to an eso version of that. Honestly, the main selling point of the card system is when they mentioned cosmetics and furnishings. Sold, already sold. Say no more XD

Yeah, I'm not sure why the card game isn't getting more enthusiasm, but at the same time, we never really got some good examples of the furnishings and anything else that could be obtained, so the delivery missed the target.

If the card game is going to be successful, ZOS must offer some really cool rewards that are unique to it. Plain and simple. If they only offer mimic stones and tri-pots, it will crash and burn.

I would hope to expect a special mount to be offered, golden furnishings, etc.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A card game holds no appeal to me whatsoever. Unsure whether I'll purchase the new chapter. Maybe I'm just 'burnt out'.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • MrCaptainPants
    I've tried to get into irl CCGs before and they have never managed to excite me. I honestly can't imagine me not being similarly bored by an in-game CCG. But I suppose we'll see. I will wait to see what it's like before seriously complaining about it.

A card game seemed to just jump out of nowhere, though. I was kind of hoping for more magicka weapon options, specifically so we could choose from more than staff, staff, staff, or staff. Oh well. Hopefully someday. 🤔
  • Tinolyn
    Tinolyn
    ✭✭✭
    Other because my response is not in the list:

There is no way I'm paying for a chapter if this is the highlight. My ESO plus runs out in April, and that's likely when I'll stop playing, if not before.
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    They can't balance pve and pvp separately, but they can balance two separate games?

I don't think you realized the fail safe of the card design. The two players decks shuffle, so no matter how op the card, its like a 50/50 RNG you get it. They made it so they practically have no need to balance the game.
    Edited by Pinja on January 28, 2022 9:06PM
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
  • AinSoph
    AinSoph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This can be considered a Legends collab, right
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    I say it sounds like safe simple enjoyable gameplay that doesn't add an exponential number of other complications to other areas of the game. Say your waiting for raid to form, a boss to spawn, or a member of your party goes afk. This card game can liven homes and fill time voids that have always existed in the game.

Does anyone know if you can access text chat while in the game UI? I feel that's pretty vital.
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
  • Tabatha
    Tabatha
    ✭✭✭
    I’m disappointed, I don’t want to play a card game within another game. Also the reveal seemed so fake and forced, like I was watching an infomercial. No thank you.
  • brylars
    brylars
    ✭✭✭
    So is this card game like Magic the Gathering? TES: Legends?