The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do you feel about new new main feature of new chapter (Tales of Tribute card game)?

• SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cro25519 wrote: »
    No one cares if card game was side content. But the main appeal of the chapter. Really?

Except the card game IS "side content," NOT "the main appeal of the chapter."
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other: I'm not "seriously angry" or even mildly angry, but I'm also totally uninterested in the new Chapter so far and don't plan on buying it.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    cro25519 wrote: »
    No one cares if card game was side content. But the main appeal of the chapter. Really?

Except the card game IS "side content," NOT "the main appeal of the chapter."

I dunno, it was touted like the big new feature.
    I am wholly uninterested in it and am prob not buying this expansion as it stands now.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • CipherNine
    CipherNine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip] Never happy with anything.

You complain when they do big combat changes. So when they dont touch combat. its 'omg no real combat changes!' [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 29, 2022 11:26AM
    PC-NA
    Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Argonian Necromancer - Healer
    Breton Warden - Healer
    Nord Necromancer - Tank
    Argonian Templar - Tank
    Nord Warden - Tank
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I didn't watch the whole reveal video, so I have a question: can we do the main and side quests in the new DLC without being forced to play these card games? Or didn't they give that much detail in the reveal?
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the main problem is that almost no information was given in the reveal.

No one really know for sure how the achievement thing will work, how the card game will work etc. The terrain is gorgeous as you would expect, it was nice to see some characters return, its nice to see the new companions,

however

very little of substance was given aside from the usual dungeon walk through. It seems like most isn't in complete enough a state to really see more of but for me no skill line or other major sort of character development in this doesn't make it worth the money.

The Pts goes up Monday so more will be seen but there isn't enough substance here for me to pay 40$ I can wait.
    Edited by blktauna on January 29, 2022 8:14AM
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How am I supposed to evaluate a card game that I don't have access to yet?

:#
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Adremal wrote: »
    Varana wrote: »
    Sounds like ESO Arcomage (any fellow Might and Magic players here?). It doesn’t inherently excite me but I will probably poke at it on the PTS.

Arcomage was amazing, I re-wrote it in Visual Basic for private use so I didn't have the burden of the whole M&M game around it. :D

That sounds amazing, any chance you'd be willing to upload it somewhere? Playing it without having to teleport from inn to inn and deal with the infamous audio glitches in MM8 would be neat.

I should've stressed the "private" thing more - it was in 1999 (after M&M7), my attempts at an AI were laughable, so ideally you want to have my brother sit on the couch next to you ;) , and it doesn't really work on a modern system any more (like, it was written on a 4:3 screen, and apparently, I hardcoded some of the coordinates, and teenager stuff like that). Sorry. :)
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CyberOnEso wrote: »
    I am excited for it, especially after seeing they are seemingly fleshing it out with
    • A ranking system
    • Match making
    • Seemingly large number of decks (4 starter) and patron decks
    • Ability to earn additional cards elsewhere in the world
    • Balanced matches by merging decks to avoid P2W or grind to win

They have clearly put a lot of effort into this system, it's not just an afterthought.

I feel that if I grind and put effort into collecting cards then it should matter

The Mixing decks lost me
  • StevieKingslayer
    StevieKingslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be excited for it when they give us a proper explanation on it and put some cards in veteran dungeons. So people yaknow, do content instead of picking up nodes or whatever it is everyone else does :D Already having to bribe those people by having furnishing rewards :D (This is a joke you serious sam's, I do all that stuff to.)
    I am demanding better customer service from Zenimax Studios.
    I am demanding better and more open communication between the devs & the playerbase.
    Majin Stevie || Iothane || Nymphetamine
    PVP || PVE
    Player since beta.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm..
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I picked the "Meh, will still buy a chapter but not gonna engage with this system" option because I don't care enough about it to be disappointed. The card game is one of those things I'll try enough to get an achievement if there is one. But that's about it. And I realize there are players who like this type of mini game, so it's great for them. I look it like this, ZOS could add this, a sort of meaningless mini game. Or they could try and add a whole new class or skill line and spend the rest of the year fixing whatever that broke.

ZOS, ZOS never changes. ;)
    Edited by starlizard70ub17_ESO on January 29, 2022 2:04PM
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember having alot of fun with FF9's Tetra Master card game. I miss that
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • maddog1169
    why do you stife for perfomance - lowering calculation on skills and sets n all - just to introduce something that ruins it again for another nonsense grind ?
    could rather have introduced somthing better here really.
  • ElvenOverlord
    ElvenOverlord
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love the lore, background and culture of the Bretons that we will be exploring and the theme in general. Its about time Breton culture is more fleshed out and represented. So for that reason I'll be buying game. Won't prepurchase though.

But I am not a fan of the card game. I hate card games. I'm a huge Witcher fan and I even hate Gwent. I don't play mmorpgs just to play some arcade style card game. If I wanted to do that I'd just play Hearthstone or something. So no I won't be engaging with this system. For those who enjoy it that's fine. Nothing wrong with adding it to the game for those who enjoy it. But it should not be the main feature/selling point for the game.
    Edited by ElvenOverlord on January 29, 2022 2:23PM
  • Sorced
    Sorced
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointed that these are the new features, pretty annoyed that they thought a card game was a good idea. They should know better than this.
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there an explanation of the rules of the game somewhere? I can't tell if I'm interested or not if I can't tell what it is in the first place. My first instinct is that I'm not going to bother with it, because there is a reason I'm playing ESO and not cards in my spare time...
    Edited by Czeri on January 29, 2022 3:29PM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Um...what is the point? Sounds annoying
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the addition of this card game tells us a lot.

That ZOS put any time into developing a card game is confusing to me. I thought this was an MMO with combat and stuff? No?

Edited by AJones43865 on January 29, 2022 7:33PM
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll give it a chance but, i think there could have been other things to take precedence before this
  • Snogards
    Snogards
    ✭✭
    I understand the need for social aspects of this game but it should not be a focus of an expansion pack for an adventure dungeon crawling pvp combat game.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »
    How am I supposed to evaluate a card game that I don't have access to yet?

:#

Tarot. :smile:
    Czeri wrote: »
    Is there an explanation of the rules of the game somewhere? I can't tell if I'm interested or not if I can't tell what it is in the first place. My first instinct is that I'm not going to bother with it, because there is a reason I'm playing ESO and not cards in my spare time...

Nope. We know the type of game (resource), that players will be able to build decks, and that some or all of the cards in the decks will be merged into a single deck that both players use. It isn't necessary to be in any particular location, and apparently no particular furniture is needed to play.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually loved the idea of the card game. However, I think a LOT of people would be excited for it if it wasn't the main selling point of the new Chapter. I'm stoked for the new content, but I can understand people being disappointed. Example: I was disappointed in Greymoor despite most people being hyped, not every year is going to be everyone's cup of tea, but that's the beauty of ESO - genuinely something for everybody.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SirAxen wrote: »
    I actually loved the idea of the card game. However, I think a LOT of people would be excited for it if it wasn't the main selling point of the new Chapter.

If the card game was included in the Q1, Q3 or Q4 DLCs, I think people would be very receptive to it. For instance, last year's Q1 DLC gave us two new dungeons and the Champion System overhaul. That's what the card game feels like - something that should be a major point of a DLC release and not the chapter release. Expectations are simply higher for chapter releases given the elevated price point for them. The Collector's Edition is just $10 less than the price of a full brand new game in most cases. People feel like the price being charged for the chapter is simply not worth it. Perhaps if it was priced $10 or $20 cheaper, then maybe players wouldn't be so turned off by it.

To make matters worse, this year's Q1 DLC contains two dungeons and pretty much nothing else. Compare that to last year's Q1 DLC which I mentioned above. So we now have two consecutive releases/updates where people are feeling shortchanged and ZOS has so far given absolutely no indication that they care how players are feeling. For all we know, they are laughing and pointing at us while calling us suckers.

Edited by LonePirate on January 29, 2022 11:53PM
  • kirgeo
    kirgeo
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on how deep it is as a system.

There was a card game I played before where each card was unique and had meaning to it and the combos were based on the characters relations to each other (friendship/romance/rivalry) the weapons they wield if the weapons were part of a famous set or built by a particular famous crafter etc.

Example would be like
    Gabrielle - Darian - Dawnbreaker - Skordo.

Would be a 4 card combo where Gabrielle, Darian and Skordo would be a combo cause they are friends Dawnbreaker would add another bonus cause Darian wielded it. If there is Fighter guild card it would chain with Darian and Skordo cause they were both members same for Gabrielle with mages guild etc.

So any combo of cards would basically be telling stories from around Tamriel that kind f game might be fun.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a sucker for card games. I hope it's good. At the very least it'll be a nice, chill way to spend downtime in the game. Evergreen content like this is great for the game.

Honestly from Antiquities to Companions to a Card Game, I've loved all the system features of the last three chapters.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    To me the "new main feature" is the new zone, npc's, enemies, quests... with an added card game thing. So I am ok with it and curious how it will be.
  • Madhatten512
    Madhatten512
    ✭✭✭✭
    CyberOnEso wrote: »
    I am excited for it, especially after seeing they are seemingly fleshing it out with
    • A ranking system
    • Match making
    • Seemingly large number of decks (4 starter) and patron decks
    • Ability to earn additional cards elsewhere in the world
    • Balanced matches by merging decks to avoid P2W or grind to win

They have clearly put a lot of effort into this system, it's not just an afterthought.

Yes they put a lot of effort into a non-combat mini-game.... Its a shame they do not put the same effort into the actual combat pvp that already exists in the game
  • Madhatten512
    Madhatten512
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was tough to pick a category. I'm disappointed, rather than angry. But, I don't see buying this chapter until it's 67% off a year from now Once they begin tying gear or other important things to the card game, I suppose then I'll be angry. Until then, I'll settle for simply uninterested.

Oh its coming with the Chapter I'll put my right eye on it. The most busted mythics lead will be gated behind the card game. They have to find a way to sell this garbage
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sad that ZOS would rather add a card game, which is hard to do right, rather than joinable faction, which would cost them only joinable question, outfit or a title at the end of questine and optional repeatable quests at the minimum effort.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!