The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How do you feel about new new main feature of new chapter (Tales of Tribute card game)?

• tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know yet. I have to see more about it.

Yeah, 'card game' sounds kinda boring on paper, but I know that the Antiquities had the same level of "omg why?" on the forums two years ago, and then Companions last year. I didn't go into either thinking they'd be anything, but I did end up enjoying both of them a lot.

I'll wait and see. I'd never have bought the chapter for the extra stuff anyway, I'd be getting it for the trial and the motifs/styles. Any other system is just another place to play around.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say I'm "excited", but I'm definitely more positive/optimistic about it than indifferent ("mediocre" in the poll).

I'm certainly more interested in this than I was in antiquities or companions.
  • Broken23
    Broken23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know, it seems uncreative to me. It's disappointing.
    Having so many other interesting things such as, for example, taking advantage of the place and the culture and making a system of jousting or horse racing tournaments, etc.
    Edited by Broken23 on January 28, 2022 4:30AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Already 4 pages of comments, can’t read them all tonight.

Personally, I can’t get even remotely excited about a card game. I had to stretch to tolerate the minigame for antiquities, not a big fan of that.

Console pleb here, didn’t watch the big reveal so I’m pretty much clueless. I’d rather play than watch a big reveal.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• treadwyckb14a_ESO
    treadwyckb14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I just resubbed in the last week and started getting back into the game.

Just canceled my sub. That's how I feel about it.
  • Jusey1
    Jusey1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Broken23 wrote: »
    I don't know, it seems uncreative to me. It's disappointing.
    Having so many other interesting things such as, for example, taking advantage of the place and the culture and making a system of jousting or horse racing tournaments, etc.

I think they wanted to add something which you can do anywhere is the problem. Jousting would be very limited, but a card game can easily be played basically anywhere.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extremely upset that development hours were wasted on a minigame when we have been asking for a new PvP format for four years. I thought there was no way PvP would not see some form of updated format, now I feel like an idiot for believing in this dev team. The stubbornness of the developers is beyond comprehension.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeoXearo wrote: »
    Looking forward to it, fluff like this is what makes MMOs feel more immersive and fun to me.

It will not feel more immersive when players are idling in a menu screen playing a mobile game instead of interacting with the environment and participating in gameplay, that is the opposite of immersion.
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I wanted to play an online card game, I would be playing an online card game already. I have seen these pop up in many mmo’s over the years and they have always been largely irrelevant. Disappointed. Looking forward to the two new companions though and High Isle itself. An actual game relevant feature would have been more appreciated - maybe something like skill line for all these spare skill points, or some ‘city construction’ type activity maybe where guilds band together to repair a city. (Like a guild hall, but folks need to do dailies to gradually unlock everything)
  • proprio.meb16_ESO
    proprio.meb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not, however the "main feature" of new chapter... the main feature of new chapter is actually the chapter content.

This game, which has nice potential imho if it does not become a crown store locked thing (and i think it will not), is this year's main side activity, blackwood was not about companions, and greymoor was not about antiquities.
  • cro25519
    cro25519
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure what they thought people's reaction would be when they made the thing.

Dev Team: What should be the new big feature for this year?

Member 1: Fleshed out companions.
    Member 2: Spell crafting.
    Member 3: An overhaul of justice system and theif's guild with focus on the rich Bretons.

Member 4: How about a card game?

Yes. Incredible.

It's not just me. So many people are disappointed. No one cares if card game was side content. But the main appeal of the chapter. Really?
  • Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I am interested in is how many transmutes I can earn a day...

I can run a random dungeon for 10, if this is a better way to earn them without having to deal with 3 other random strangers count me in. Even if the card game is boring/tedious/childish is will still beat the "experience" of having to deal with other players most days.

I know "join a pve guild" but honestly if I avoid randoms like the plague what makes you think I enjoy the company of others enough to be in a guild. I am a member of two guild currently, one is for porting around and the other is for trading only.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm excited to try it, but I suck at strategy so hopefully will manage. I think it's too early to pass full judgement but the idea and what has been said about it so far all sounds good.
  • Vanathil
    Vanathil
    ✭✭✭
    Watching the global reveal event I have realized how impatient I am to start playing the next league of path of exile.
  • madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess we were all naive in thinking Microsoft would bring functioning servers rather than monetisable card game that's so profitable in FIFA
  • Zatox
    Zatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im upset.
    I was expecting a new in-game sports betting system but got card games. I guess next year we get a dating system instead of combat-related stuff.
  • madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harvokaan wrote: »
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All! We also have an official thread for feedback. You can check it out here.

Hi Kevin,
    I saw your thread and I'm verry happy that you created the poll to allow ppl left their opinion, that is something fresh and very nice :)
    But I believe your topic is about the whole new chapter, what i Wanted here is to only focus on new card game without focusing on other stuff as i feel the new region, story and overall look of the chapter is great but believe card feature need to be examinated separately.

We can't separate the neww system from the rest of the issues with the game. They have only just told us a lot of work is required to fix performance but have been wasting time on this instead. Unless they think it will be profitable, not a waste of time for them?
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I'm surprised how widely this is rejected. While antiquities and companions were disappointing and lackluster to many as well, I don't remember them being opposed with such fervor over the whole community.

Has ZOS jumped the were-shark this time? Is this the non-system that broke the Guar's back?
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the card game might be fun and a good thing. I like such little gimicks a d somehow liked the TCG in rage. I am a little excited to see it.

BUT! The card game alone won't sell the DLC for me. I see it as Minigame and how is that different than the several 1000 other (free) card games out there? Also I fear that it would be as annoying / grindy / boring as antiquities. I hope it's not a Grindfest, otherwise it wouldnt not just not sell it for me but would even have the total opposite effect and make me wish that it didn't happen at all.

As a non grindy side feature that would be something really cool, but I / we expected something that gives us more for the real / main game. Be it a new skill line, a new class (especially since achievements get account wide), spell crafting, new pvp modes, a fourth skill line, a third morph, more complex morphs (morphing 2 or 3x times), swimming with underwater content, ...
  • Vanathil
    Vanathil
    ✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Honestly I'm surprised how widely this is rejected. While antiquities and companions were disappointing and lackluster to many as well, I don't remember them being opposed with such fervor over the whole community.

Has ZOS jumped the were-shark this time? Is this the non-system that broke the Guar's back?

I don't think the problem is with the card game itself, but it was stated by many that this could have been a great secondary feature, not the selling point of the new chapter. While ZOS says that 'how many asked for companions' I vividly remember how many people bashed it, then now they says 'people loved it, here are additional 2 companions' -again, not a game changing content. People ask for spellcrafting or rune+1h or any new kind of weapon since years, features that could change/develope your character, make the game more versatile in both pve and pvp.
  • Lohtar
    Lohtar
    ✭✭
    From art prospective really excited. I really like a more "Medieval" expansion. However IMHO Year adventure is killing the game. Every year we pay 50+ bucks to have almost nothing. I have to Admit that when you pay 40 Euro or $ in World of Warcraft every 2/3 years you have a completely new expansion with new features, story and raid... wheter you like or not for me its worth this, not ZOS business model.

Community ask: 1) New Class 2) new Skill line 3) New Race 4) New PVP system which is actually broken and many other things like server performance etc (I know the shortage chip problem World wide so its not a ZOS Fault)

ZOS Literally ignore everything and gave us two new zones and a card game + Some companions which is an old feature that nobody really love...

I will give a try but not expecting anything good from this company anymore. Seems Microsoft acquisition gave them an excuse to relax and don't be ambitious anymore.
  • Anumaril
    Anumaril
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that ESO is starting to delve into having minigames in the game. It makes the world feel more alive and deep. It makes sense that people in Tamriel would play cards, play dice, do all kinds of things. More (interesting) minigames = good for me. But having it be the main selling point of a whole Chapter (of which we only get 1 PER YEAR) seems really weird to me.
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are so many players crying over a strategy card system for ESO?

We got new combat abilities with the Companion system last year so if you want a new class or skill line you will just have to wait till the following year maybe.

Housing was our first new system not for everyone but look at the community now. A CCG type game will bring in more players and create new communities which can only be good for ESO.

So many people are disappointed with the main feature of High Isle being that card game, because this is essentially the second year in a row without having anything new added to all but 1 already existing playstyles.

Last year's chapter gave us companions which is absolutely useless for me because even if I wanted to you can't use them in pvp anyways.
    And now with that card game PvP players wont have anything new for their playstyle to look forward to.

I also feel like a lot of players feel bad about High Isle because ZOS seems to put way less work in the newer chapters when compared to the older chapters.
    Here are the main new features for the chapters (aside from the zone, trial etc, because those are in every chapter).

Morrowind: new Warden class and Battlegrounds

Summerset: Jewelry Crafting and Psijic Order Skill Line

Elsweyr: new Necromancer class

Greymoor: Antiquities

Blackwood: Companions

High Isle: an ingame Card Game

So in my opinion it's quite okay to be disappointed with chapters like High Isle or Blackwood because in comparison to the other chapters they offer basically nothing to a lot of ESO players.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Lohtar
    Lohtar
    ✭✭
    Jierdanit wrote: »

We got new combat abilities with the Companion system last year so if you want a new class or skill line you will just have to wait till the following year maybe.

Housing was our first new system not for everyone but look at the community now. A CCG type game will bring in more players and create new communities which can only be good for ESO.

So many people are disappointed with the main feature of High Isle being that card game, because this is essentially the second year in a row without having anything new added to all but 1 already existing playstyles.

Last year's chapter gave us companions which is absolutely useless for me because even if I wanted to you can't use them in pvp anyways.
    And now with that card game PvP players wont have anything new for their playstyle to look forward to.

I also feel like a lot of players feel bad about High Isle because ZOS seems to put way less work in the newer chapters when compared to the older chapters.
    Here are the main new features for the chapters (aside from the zone, trial etc, because those are in every chapter).

So in my opinion it's quite okay to be disappointed with chapters like High Isle or Blackwood because in comparison to the other chapters they offer basically nothing to a lot of ESO players.

That's the point, every year an expansion is too short time to create something new. I would prefer as i said a timeline of 2-3 years like WOW but at least when u have an expansion you really have something new, with new trials, bg, class, skil line, weapons etc...
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lohtar wrote: »

That's the point, every year an expansion is too short time to create something new. I would prefer as i said a timeline of 2-3 years like WOW but at least when u have an expansion you really have something new, with new trials, bg, class, skil line, weapons etc...

That absolutely didnt seem the case for the first 3 years though.
    They still managed to have a decent amount of new game mechanics / classes added with each of those chapters and they were only 1 year apart as well.
    But with the newer chapters they are adding basically nothing new at all.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is important!
    Game inside of the game!
    (Like witcher3's game)

Cz u have no much offers, or vet dungeons, trials or pvp, so there will be inside card Game. U might see that there could be much better priority needs, but I would say this is one of those(which nobody thought before)

As per me, I would prefer change companion for something what we really need in the game
    Edited by HyekAr on January 28, 2022 11:32AM
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither here nor there on this.

Been here since start and (currently) it's (still) the only thing around that interests me.

As for purchases, turns out ZoS release dates coincide somewhat with my birthday,
    so the CE's are the EZ go to each year (still).
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was skeptical & even negative at 1st, but I guess it all depends on how it will be handled. If it will be fun & addictive ("one more game !" syndrome) without any form of monetisation, then I guess it will be fine. I am giving it a chance.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 28, 2022 11:51AM
  • Mumbles_the_Tank
    Mumbles_the_Tank
    ✭✭✭
    That absolutely didnt seem the case for the first 3 years though.
    They still managed to have a decent amount of new game mechanics / classes added with each of those chapters and they were only 1 year apart as well.
    But with the newer chapters they are adding basically nothing new at all.

It’s the consoles - not the timeframe.

There will be no new additions of note to the game until older consoles are abandoned. It will be years more of thin excuses like this.

Everyone still paid top dollar for Antiquity mini games and useless Companions. Zenimax knows that they don’t even really need to do anything more than this bare minimum junk - so why should they?

Calling companions a combat related system was a joke, right? They are barely functional dressup dolls in standard content. Antiquities were just a long winded treasure map.

That’s 3 years running where the big feature boils down to some UI work and pushing players back into old zones to grind something.. That is why so many are crying. The prices goes up, the depth and quality of content goes down.

No one new is going to come to ESO for a card game. The CCG revival ran out of steam years ago and anyone who wants that kind of game has plenty of standalone products to choose from. ES:Legends even tried to get in on the action then and bombed hard.

Keep drinking that $60 kool aid folks!
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pirates? Check
    Sea? Check
    Companions? Check
    Companions i always wanted? Lucky check
    Cool card game? Check
    All factions? Check
    Not daedra is bad must save world!? Check

Pretty much an overpriced Q4 dlc content? Check.