The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Official Feedback Thread For ESO 2022 Global Reveal- High Isle

• Pepegrillos
    Pepegrillos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've been had boys and girls.
  • Frogmother
    Frogmother
    ✭✭✭✭
    There was nothing that would convince me to pre-order. I was disappointed with the story in the last dlcs therefore I will wait and see how the high isle story is.
    Guess I will buy it when it's on sale.
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Second Chapter in a row with no new meaningful gameplay system - supposedly what made a ‘chapter’ different from a DLC in the first place.
  • Vicinia
    Vicinia
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's barely any content, and what's being offered is awful. Compare this to Endwalker, same price. The quality, and quantity of the content is night and day. It's really pathetic.

Most of y'all are still gonna give them that 40 for barely anything, smile while getting fleeced :trollface:
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    End-game players are basically being asked to pay 40$ for one new trial.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anyone who's thinking, "I didn't want a card game. Why is ZOS making a card game?" keep in mind that this is something players have been asking for over years.

I did a quick forum search and found threads from at least 2015 to this month asking for table games, card games, and ESO's own version of a game like Gwent.

When it's playerbase asks for something that's deliverable, ZOS does eventually try to deliver.

So add card games onto the list that includes:
    Battlegrounds
    Housing
    Alliance Change Tokens
    Companions
    Separate Imperial City Campaigns
    Jewelry crafting

I didn't ask for a card game. But I know lots of people did, and I can be happy for them they got what they hoped for!
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would also hope that they would be able to recognise if the chapter features would fail by themselves (companions and card game) and not blame new story writing also with it because they're tied in one release. At least story looks way better than what we had for years with all the end of the world please save us almighty hero thingy. If it's all a flop would be whole another issue level lol.
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least story looks way better than what we had for years with all the end of the world please save us almighty hero thingy. If it's all a flop would be whole another issue level lol.

It doesn't matter how good the story is if the game is as simplistic as ever. It's immersion-breaking to hear about these massive "threats" only to watch them melt to my grothdar set while digging through my bags.

• tiggerandscoob_ESO
    I am looking forward to the underwater house, the account wide achieves and titles and the card game.

I got lucky enough to win the $250 card in the reveal on Twitch. Thank you so much!
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worst Eso reveal so far. (watched the reveal and the "after show")

Not that you revealed what the new card game whatever is, or what the 2 new companions do. Lot's of telling us to buy... what?

Don't know why you hyped this up, you've given nothing to be excited about. This disappointment will cost you pre-orders.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • SergeantJinx
    SergeantJinx
    ✭✭✭
    I was enjoying the stream, until we found out the main part of the expansion is a card game, very underwhelming and for the fist time I'm considering not buying it, certainly not for £30/£40. I have noticed a decline in things released with expansions over the last few years and it seems to continuing this year.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    hafgood wrote: »
    New assistant feels like a cash grab.

I see no benefit in it either - I have like 100-120 free slots available on an average character when I go out exploring - and if I really get that many items to fill all those slots during a session, I can as well go home and deconstruct it there - why would I want to do that somewhere outdoors?

i personally would really like a decon assistant, the merchant one to me was kind of the cash grab because the main reason i got it was cause i wanted to be able to repair on the go without repair kits, i would much rather decon items than vendor them at the NPC if i had to pull it out say in the middle of a dungeon because i didnt pay attention to how full my bags were

i usually use the merchant right now to do a quick bag empty if im like in a long public dungeon farming something and dont want to have to port out then get back to where i was, but without the repair option the merchant is very meh to me outside of selling actual vendor food items
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pros:
    1.) New Zone. New Location never before seen. New Lore/Content for Bretons.

Cons:
    1.) Card game. If this was added in the 4th quarter I could see it getting a bit more positive feedback from the community. But this was never going to float with the most engaged members of the community.
    2.) The companion system is seriously lacking. You had a year to work on expanding this and the best you can offer is 2 more companions and nothing else?
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • Shartenn
    Shartenn
    Soul Shriven
    I can not wait!!
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We've been had boys and girls.
    At first, I thought that read, "we've been bad boys and girls."

Well yes. Yes we have. And now we are being punished. :blush:
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t played in over a month because I’d gotten bored of combat. I was excited and optimistic about the global reveal — thinking of how the necromancer class kept me engaged for many months following the elsweyr chapter. I was aghast when the new system was revealed to be a card game. Seriously? Thanks, but no thanks.
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I did a quick forum search and found threads from at least 2015 to this month asking for table games, card games, and ESO's own version of a game like Gwent.

Ok now do new weapons, skill lines, pvp upgrades, etc...
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m excited for Breton content. While I like the vanilla High Rock zones, there wasn’t a very good exploration of the regional lore. And since the base game covers the entirety of High Rock I was certain there would be no ability to explore more in the future. I’m happy to have been wrong about that.

I’m pretty tired of the formula at this point though. I would much rather see the base game revisited and fixed than endlessly more motifs, pets, mounts, sets, sets, and more sets (seriously, stop introducing so many sets).
    Edited by Reverb on January 27, 2022 11:07PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what it's worth I don't think people have a huge problem with the idea of having a card game in ESO.

But based on track record of the antiquities and companion systems, and ZOS' desire to cater to casual players you know this card game is going to lack any sort of depth or strategy and just be a luck-based snooze.

I would love to be proven wrong but basically everything they said about it amounts to as much.
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GetAgrippa wrote: »

Ok now do new weapons, skill lines, pvp upgrades, etc...

People are going to try their best to defend this as if anyone actually has an issue with the card game and not the implication of a card game being the selling feature of the upcoming chapter and not just about anything else that the community has been clambering for.
    Edited by Nomadic_Atmoran on January 27, 2022 11:09PM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • Thracian2k
    Thracian2k
    Soul Shriven
    I picked "Wanted something different from High Isle", but really I just "Wanted something..."
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there's no sense of passage of time in previously released content
    Again, how would this work in an mmo?

Almost every mmo I've played besides ESO shows time has passed because expansions/dlc/chapters whatever you want to call them, have a canonical order. You can often do them in whatever order you want but one is canon and makes more sense. Meanwhile ESO removed that and have no canonical order, causing a lack of continuity and appearance of time passing.

ZOS is not establishing an order so I have the freedom to set whatever order I want, or simply not have certain events ever get resolved. It is a very interesting way of doing an MMO, in my opinion. I take full advantage of it, too. I never had that option in the other MMO games that I played.
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    Really hoping they show restraint on 'pay-to-win' exclusive Crown store cards (or crown crate cards *shudder*).

They sidestepped any mention of Crown cards. I am actually curious about how this will work with the merged deck concept that they have. I buy the card, but you get to use it? It may mean they have no plans to monetize the cards themselves. There has to be a monetization angle though. It is just too soon to see it. :smile:

Edited by Elsonso on January 27, 2022 11:14PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mixed:
    + Always exciting to explore new zones
    + Account-wide achievements, hooray!
    - I was hoping for a new class :disappointed:
    - I don't like card games
  • wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A card game I will likely largely ignore and a zone that will be abandoned in a couple months.

I'm not saying combat is the most important thing in ESO, but it is mostly what you are doing when not idling in town... maybe add a system to improve that aspect? Its been years since a skill line was added.
  • kaushad
    kaushad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remains to be seen. Leamon Tuttle said a lot of things that I want, but so far Bretons still look like less stylish and accomplished Imperials. If their magical talent is going to remain as little more than a player character bonus that's exceeded by Altmer and sometimes Dunmer, at least show us a culture of a people described as "passionate and eccentric, poetic and flamboyant, intelligent and willful". ESO is pretty good at world building when they have less starting material to work with, which bodes well for a new location, but I wonder if they're clinging too closely to what we've already seen in High Rock.
  • Weper
    Weper
    ✭✭✭
    Things that I liked:
    • The zone(s)
    • Companions
    • 2 seater mounts
    • Account-wide achievements/titles (this one is probably the best feature ever made)

Things that I didn't like:
    • The new Assistant (because it'll be probably a crown store exclusive stuff again for 5000 crowns)
    • Card Game: If 80% of the card packs will be in the crown store it might be a new pay 2 win feature. And I'm pretty sure the strongest cards will be in the crown store.

Things that I miss:
    • The PC version of ESO is still not in the Microsoft Store. (Microsoft has localized prices, so Crown packs and ESO Plus would be cheaper for some countries)
    • It would be nice if the PC/Xbox game pass would include the ESO Plus. (I mean Microsoft owns ZOS so why not.)
    • Cross-Progression between Console (or at least Xbox) and PC: It would be nice if some features like Champion Points, mounts, pets, DLCs, etc would be shared between PC and Consoles. (Full Cross-Platform play would be of course much better but Cross-Progression would be more than enough.)
    Edited by Weper on January 27, 2022 11:18PM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm excited as I love Bretons and their lore (DC is my favorite faction though I'm honestly not into the whole faction thing), and I am looking looking forward to the content/questing - plus a quest line set around political intrigue is something I will always salivate over! Now if we could just get rid of combat entirely.... Oh well, no hope.

Now - the card game thing: I need some answers.
    • Is this going to be something one HAS to do? In other words, if someone challenges me, am I going to have the option to say no, as I do to duels? I am NOT interested in that sort of "interaction" period.
    • Can this whole thing be made absolutely optional? Because if not, then no matter how happy I am about a Breton content chapter, I won't be buying it if this stuff isn't optional....

Not interested in multi-mounts or companions.... Lovely house though!
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the emperor title be account-wide?
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Now - the card game thing: I need some answers.
    • Is this going to be something one HAS to do? In other words, if someone challenges me, am I going to have the option to say no, as I do to duels? I am NOT interested in that sort of "interaction" period.
    • Can this whole thing be made absolutely optional? Because if not, then no matter how happy I am about a Breton content chapter, I won't be buying it if this stuff isn't optional....

Not interested in multi-mounts or companions.... Lovely house though!

Of course it's optional. . . why would they force you to play a card game with someone?

• colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Krayl wrote: »
    At least story looks way better than what we had for years with all the end of the world please save us almighty hero thingy. If it's all a flop would be whole another issue level lol.

It doesn't matter how good the story is if the game is as simplistic as ever. It's immersion-breaking to hear about these massive "threats" only to watch them melt to my grothdar set while digging through my bags.

I agree to a point, left my feedback here pages back and on overland "difficulty" long time ago. Just seeing how lackluster features might affect their perception of a chapter theme also as they have no clear way to see what exactly wasn't good.