• Onyx_Werewolf_Gnome
    Onyx_Werewolf_Gnome
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please make motifs account wide
    Options
  • Eldartar
    Eldartar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why not replace PvP with the announced card game :) It will do wonders for the lag et all lol
    Options
  • Tickets2Gunshow
    I think a card game is a step in the right direction to getting meaningful "tavern" games. I always wanted taverns and Inns in ESO to be more but for this card game to be the main draw of the next expansion is a let down.
    Options
  • Theros
    Theros
    ✭✭✭
    Just dont mess with achivments. Or if you wanna do something about that. Block them to avoid players fake them in trails! Trials are a biss mess now. Don't make them worse when you allow one Healer link is achivment to go as DD in trials. Just don't make them worse!

Players are void free trials.
    Players are using Fake achivments to go in trials and create a mess in there.

Now you allow them?! NO! Stop that!
    Options
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something has to be done about the ease of content in this game and that should have been the focus before you lose the player base that keeps this game alive.

the ONLY challenge are veteran trial achievements, and the REAL challenge there are finding 12 competent players who can all play at the same time a time or two a week. Beyond that, the shoddy voice chat issues make even that a chore, nevermind the fact that you've got about 90 minutes in a trial before the performance starts to take a dump.

Oh and if you're on console, heh. . well.

The biggest challenges in this game are the things that are broken.

Instead we get a card game that, like all the other content in the game, is "safe" for everyone - so safe it has no depth. Now I'm sure someone will chime in and say "you dont know yet it could be amazing!". Sure, it could be but I have no reason to think it will be. Antiquities are tedious.

The companion system is shallow and tedious and more importantly pointless. I can't even be bothered to summon my compaions now, what's the point of adding more?

Honestly this game needs some kind of MASSIVE veteran zone with difficult monsters and unique randomized loot drops to keep it fresh. If anyone ever played Asheron's Call you know what I'm talking about. Some MMO's used to be FUN to just wander around and get lost in, looking for rare things to kill and hoping for some insanely good randomly generated drop that no one else could have unless they happened to get as lucky as you, or wanted to buy it. That's the kind of content you should be adding, along with the story stuff.

Card games and companions? Waste of someone's time to build it.

Options
  • Nightlord
    Nightlord
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really excited to see an expansion on Breton lore. The world design for High Isle just reminds me of some of my favorite medieval genre stuff. Ascendant Lord? Ugh the story dlc just seems too far away, lol.

The card game I'm looking forward too as well. It will be nice to have another side activity, one that requires strategy, especially as a fan of TES Legends and other card games.

As a mostly solo player, I also love getting new companions (congrats to the Khajiit and Bretons for getting companion representative), and completely excited to try them out and learn their stories. The multi-mount? I love it.

Also that house, utterly gorgeous.

Please tell me jousting that I saw will become a thing too? lol

Options
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why both new companions are female?
    Only glad we got a Khajiit.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
    Options
  • Call_of_Red_Mountain
    Call_of_Red_Mountain
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll wait pvp content in 2023.
    Thank you for Bretons tho.
    Edited by Call_of_Red_Mountain on February 1, 2022 4:17PM
    Options
  • PapaJester
    PapaJester
    ✭✭✭
    The addition of an in-game card mini-game is the 4 Stamina Riding Lesson books of, "Big reveals."
    Options
  • Commander_Kjlp
    Terrible. [snip] Card game (welcome to 5 years ago) and ofc will be somehow forced on everyone wanting to have decent build, thanks. MMO market has been shown as one of the biggest in recent years and this is stuff you come up with. I'd be OK with you fixing old stuff and release nothing instead. Removing bugged Archer at Stormfist dungeon and bosses not reseting on pull (or second stage of fight aka Falkreath Big skeleton guy) would be better update than any of this. Dont forget to force the most OP meta item on the chapter so we have to buy anyway. You got us again!

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 29, 2022 2:28PM
    Options
  • Ynrael
    Ynrael
    ✭✭
    Meh.
    Though I'm curious to see if the trading card game is as good as Gwent.

But, still pushing that line ... "Go anywhere, do anything, play the way you want to" ... but here's another mass of content that you'll only ever see if you join a group.
    Options
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looking through ESO Twitter and Reddit, most of the replies are disappointed that the card game is touted as the main feature.

ZOS didn’t read the room.
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xgoku1 wrote: »
    The card game is incredibly bad optics. Really tone deaf.

I really don't see a reason to get this Chapter at full price (unless you are heavily invested into Breton RP). It's almost like ZOS doesn't even want to sell it.

The main gimmick this year is worse than Companions, which was great in theory but incomplete in execution. This time the CCG is going to be a hard pass as a concept for many.

Really happy about Account-wide achievements. Now there's more viability to playing alts IMO.

For those rolling alts for quick advancement to endgame, yes. For those rolling multiple characters for a full and varied individual playthrough of the game, no. It needs to be optional.
    Options
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking through ESO Twitter and Reddit, most of the replies are disappointed that the card game is touted as the main feature.

Nah. They read the room and have decided this game isn't worth investing in.

I'm starting to arrive at the same conclusion.
    Options
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ynrael wrote: »
    Meh.
    Though I'm curious to see if the trading card game is as good as Gwent.

But, still pushing that line ... "Go anywhere, do anything, play the way you want to" ... but here's another mass of content that you'll only ever see if you join a group.

They did mention you could play the card game against NPCs. I don't think you have to find players for it if you don't want to.
    Options
  • icapital
    icapital
    ✭✭✭
    Krayl wrote: »

Nah. They read the room and have decided this game isn't worth investing in.

I'm starting to arrive at the same conclusion.

I have arrived at this conclusion as well.
    Options
  • Ddog222123
    Ddog222123
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for new trashpanions and card game good CoNtEnT
    #YouNeedBeams
    Options
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are killing/letting die PvP. A Card game isn't pvp.
    Completly disappointed.
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
    Options
  • Theros
    Theros
    ✭✭✭
    Ddog222123 wrote: »
    Can't wait for new trashpanions and card game good CoNtEnT

Don't forget bushorse!
    Options
  • Marronsuisse
    Marronsuisse
    ✭✭✭
    Irfind wrote: »
    Negative
    - New companions ar both Female :/

Yeah I mean the ladies look awesome, but... I was kind of expecting both a male and female companion again. Maybe we'll get two dudes next year to even it out but that's a long wait :P

Options
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightlord wrote: »
    Please tell me jousting that I saw will become a thing too? lol
    When I saw those horses, I was actually pretty excited that there would be tournament games. Jousting, tilting at rings, horse racing, a giant PvP mêlée mode.... That in addition to the card game might make the Chapter worthwhile.
    Options
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm kind of happy. I don't really care about the mini game but I said a while ago I wished they would just take a full six months or a year or whatever to give the game a thorough overhaul before messing with it any further. And essentially that's what they've done. We already know the fundamentals of the game engine are being completely overhauled this year to make them for for purpose, we already knew that there were going to be no changes to PvP until it's done. Hopefully those changes also benefit pve too, which can feel laggy and clunky especially in trial instances. So personally I'm ok with what we've got, which is basically a year of stability, not much changing (a card game that you can take or leave but certainly shouldn't interfere with the main goal of the year - fixing the game), while the game gets set up for more dramatic changes in 2023. There has been such a long succession of patches every one of which seems to have completely overhauled combat: dot meta, nerf dots, class overhauls, racial passives, hybridisation, crit caps, that I hope it's a year of stability for that side of things too. And then perhaps when we get some cool new PvP modes in 2023, maybe a new class or weapon line or cavalry or whatever, the game will be in a good enough state that we aren't sat here complaining that all the amazing-sounding changes just broke the game.

How long have we been complaining that they introduce new bugs on top of old bugs without fixing the damn game first? Here they are doing just that, and people still complain. 🤷‍♀️

So more power to your arm, ZoS. Take this year to overhaul and stabilise the game engine and server code, make what new content there is this year as cool as it can be, and then come back in 2023 and blow us away with the fruits of your hard work.

Thank you.
    Options
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Card game - don't care if it's just a thing, will be annoyed if it's tied to some of the quest/story and very annoyed if they start crownstoring the usual mobile gaming P2W card racket.

Story, dungeon, delves - remains to be seen but I did enjoy many of the other non 'end of the world again' storylines like Orsinium and Murkmire.

Achievements really need to show both character and account wide not just merge.

Definitely dislike account wide titles.

The PvP outfit is a near miss (a pure PvP bound mythic would have been far better - say a ring that gives you very much better sneak detect but stops you ever sneaking, or one that makes you immune to damage for the first 2 seconds in combat but has some other annoyance)

Really needs to be a large gold sink house as well as the crown store one. The RP folks have been asking for a purchaseable tavern since 2014 as well.
    Too many toons not enough time
    Options
  • AVaelham
    AVaelham
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Systres is a gorgeous looking zone, I'm ready for those War of the Roses vibes and with Bretons being my favourite race, I'm more than excited to see what High Isle has in store for them lore-wise. I'm also very excited to see that the Three Banners War storyline is advancing somewhat. A high intrigue political plot is all I wanted for this year. I also like the new two Companions announced.

However, I can't help but feel a bit disappointed by the fact that the card game is the main selling point for this Chapter. I was hoping for a new skill line at least or some naval exploration. Oh well, we shall see.
    Options
  • ZigoSid
    ZigoSid
    ✭✭✭✭
    2023 be like :

- New Zone
    - 2 new AWESOME card decks !!!
    - 2 new companions.
    - "Awesome" Nintendogs-like mini game with our pets nobody asked for.
    - Still working on performance, planning to finish Q1 2030

"Bye, cya next year !"

:D
    Edited by ZigoSid on January 27, 2022 10:55PM
    Options
  • winterscrolls229prerb18_ESO
    The only thing i was excited for was the companion mount and the preorder bonus mount. Literally everything else was meh. To me the decision is how much a matching mount and pet set is worth.. factoring in im just up to greymoor now.

Also the first 1/2 hour was so cringy. That presentation wasn't for us, it was for the execs at microsoft. We all know that stuff. [snip] Why don't you just make a private presentation for corporate business managers next time, and a players one for us? [snip]

Blood and wine + gwent in eso.. i see what you're doing. Don't like it. But personally fond of bretons so see how it goes. Will probably watch a playthrough of the story before biting though, or the mid year chapter event better have a VERY good reward.

EDIT: Okay, tell you what. If you throw in that companion horse in the base game just for coming, im in for a preorder. Very happy to sit the whole thing out otherwise. I still have 4 story dlc's to do.. the bad ones even... so if im going to be worse about eso at the end of it from all the "remind me what i did" dialog options, better get me now with freebies. The end.

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 28, 2022 6:11PM
    Options
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why both new companions are female?
    Only glad we got a Khajiit.

Because Bastian needs a righteous angry Breton lady as love interest :#
    Options
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new zones look great.

But to be honest the zones always look great

and then they are totally ruined by being full of the weakest collection of monsters ever created

Options
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just feel trolled by Zos at this point.
    Options
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what? I REMEMBER Jakarn from 2014 when first starting the game. He is SO companion material. So, why not him? He would have been a lot of fun.
    Options