The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Official Feedback Thread For ESO 2022 Global Reveal- High Isle

• FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would be more interested in card game if we could compete against guilds
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Probably adding a poll in the original post wasn't the wisest of ideas, lol.

Needless to say, a card game as the primary feature of a year long chapter is quite disappointing. I bought the collector's edition upgrade, because OCD, but a wave of regret passed over me as soon as I clicked that button.
    Edited by siddique on January 27, 2022 10:12PM
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • nymlaelitharcub18_ESO
    Very feature poor. I see ESO players having such a large wishlist of possible features and additions and never have I read anyone ask for a card game. There is no hook, nothing I can tell friends who play other games and might want to play ESO so I can hype them for this.
    And beyond the lack of new features, no mention of revamps of existing features that much of the community has been asking for a long time (and which keep the player base from expanding)

I was honestly far more hyped for Deadlands with all the QoL changes that made you feel the devs are listening than I am about a chapter.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    hafgood wrote: »
    [snip]

I see no benefit in it either - I have like 100-120 free slots available on an average character when I go out exploring - and if I really get that many items to fill all those slots during a session, I can as well go home and deconstruct it there - why would I want to do that somewhere outdoors?

Or you can just summon your banker and dump the stuff on him to be dealt with later. I don't really see the point of this new assistant, other than as a source of revenue - which is fine in itself, but with no real draw for probably an awful lot of players.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 28, 2022 6:05PM
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very excited about the new chapter, I am a casual player, so thank you for all your hardwork; especially while doing it remote. My biggest ask is that homes get a slight increase to furnishing limits now that the next gen consoles have been released.
  • AlexanderDeLarge
    AlexanderDeLarge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No spellcrafting
    How would this actually work in an mmo?

They seemed to have an answer for this 7 years ago (shown publicly).
    https://youtu.be/3LkeMacg-b0?t=3203
    no veteran overland difficulty scaling,
    Good. Still no consensus on how this should be implemented
    There's been a large consensus that it is in fact a problem for many years within and outside these forums. That's a pathetic excuse.
    no PvP reworks,
    They are redoing the base code
    The game is eight years old. We've heard many silver bullet solutions that never pan out. Understandable, it happens, but it still doesn't feel good that we've been complaining about PvP performance since day one, eight years ago and now we're hearing about a trading card game being introduced, which is separate from TESLegends which was abandoned a couple years back. Whole lotta effort being put into this new system that will likely be abandoned while other systems stagnate and continue to have issues.
    there's no sense of passage of time in previously released content
    Again, how would this work in an mmo?
    By developers saying "well it's been five years and this guy is still hammering away on the same cinder block, time to add visible progress to the architecture, maybe finish it up and add more stuff to Vivec City". Other games, especially their competitors (Guild Wars 2, FFXIV, WoW) do this sort of thing.
    crime system is still underdeveloped,
    Again, what?
    Fast forwarding through their QuakeCon presentation, you can see that we're still missing features from the Justice System they showed off and players still want it.
    https://youtu.be/3LkeMacg-b0?t=3128
    clunky combat being cited as the #1 reason why people don't play TESO
    By whom?
    Either you don't pay attention or you're being disingenuous with this. Come on.
    Really, why do you play this game? Genuine question.
    Because I like the core gameplay loop and it's a damn shame that technical issues, stagnant development, power creep get in the way and any efforts to discuss in hopes of addressing these issues go ignored for years.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 7 paid expansions. 22 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the vast majority of this game.

"ESO doesn't need a harder overland" on YouTube for a video of a naked level 3 character AFKing in front of a bear for a minute and a half before dying
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    we've been looking forward to some sort of combat inclusion, as in skills or something to that effect. but instead we got a card game. not great to be honest.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My judgement is reserved, as I had hoped that the writers and world builders would focus less on the medieval/feudal vibes, and more on the Bretons' enlightenment vibes.

I collaborated with a few friends to make a thorough thread on the lore that we would like to see snuck in, including references, and if your writers would be so kind as to read it and consider including what we noted, it is posted here.

Edited by BlissfulDeluge on January 27, 2022 11:04PM
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really hoping they show restraint on 'pay-to-win' exclusive Crown store cards (or crown crate cards *shudder*).
    PC NA
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adremal wrote: »
    They gave more screen time to 3rd party merchandise, giveaways and jokes rather than showing off actual content and answering questions. Many areas and assets were copypasted. Virtually no info about the card game as opposed to previous features reveal. All we know is the opponent will be able to use our own hardly-farmed cards - wait what? Seriously?
    Two new companions, another human and a khajiit, so much for diversity. New huge house, utter refusal talk about furnishing limits. Overall read on the biggest streamers rooms very negative.
    Supremely disappointing. Back to maintenance mode till at least Q3-4 I guess.

the highlighted part is what makes me actually excited about this card game as it adds a psychological element when playing against real players and not just NPCs.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm excited just because I'm always excited for every expansion. I play for the quests and story, and the new map/area.
    I am very, very happy there will be new companions. I would have preferred an Orc to getting a Breton, but at least she's cute.
    I'll be buying it for those reasons.

I don't have any interest in the card game.

I'd rather have seen a new race, class or skill line. Can't wait to see more of the island. What you showed looked great.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was very happy to see that the reactions in game are mostly positive.

This doesn't make me wonder, because a whole lot will never visit the forum (I don't in most of the games I'm playing) - I even guess that the forum is not representative of the whole player base, but rather a group with special interests in regards to game development.

This is very true, especially in forums like these where people can post without actually playing.
    Edited by SilverBride on January 27, 2022 10:14PM
    PCNA
  • Irfind
    Irfind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Positive
    - New interesting story and setting
    - Acc wide achievements
    - New companions
    - Card game (i like them)

Negative
    - New companions ar both Female :/ no thief or assassin
    - No new combat line like 1h and rune
    - No news on char creation revision (better hairs, more adornments at the same time usw.)

PC EU no CP PVP
    EP Irfind - Stam NB Dunmer
    EP Iswind - Mag Warden Dunmer
    EP Ko'runa Silberklaue - Mag Temp Khajiit
    EP Eldrid Hagal - Mag DK Dunmer
    EP Feyne R'is - Stam Sorc Dunmer ...with Bow
    EP Wynn Loraethaine - Mag NB Dunmer
    AD Runare Loraethaine - Stam Sorc Altmer
    AD Skadi Hagal - Stam DK Khajiit
  • Mushroomancer
    Mushroomancer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kesstryl wrote: »
    Guys, they straight up told us there would be no new systems added this year as they were scaling back so they could focus on more important things, and you are all disappointed that there are no new systems at reveal? I'm glad there are no new systems because they can focus more on the things we wanted like fixing the game.

I play new chapters for the story content, so I'm excited for that. I also like that we are getting new companions. People who want a companion that isn't a goody two shoes can rejoice with the Khajiit one. I was disappointed that we didn't get companions with the Fargrave/Deadlands DLC. It would be nice to get more than two new ones a year though.

I don't like how they're calling the new Deconstruction assistant the Ragpicker. She's a pretty character with a crappy name slapped on. Why would a wood elf pick rags anyway? A Khajiit would more appropriately be a ragpicker. Just get rid of the Ragpicker on her name. It's just ugly.

I'm ambivalent about the card game, but will participate in it to get new furnishings, like I do with Antiquities, which I'm also ambivalent about. I'm picky about CCGs so unless they pull off a decent one, I'll likely not care. It might make an interesting RP option though since you can play it with NPCs.

Jakarn and Za'ji being in the new chapter is awesome, I like that they're coming back. I especially love Za'ji. It's nice having recurring characters return to adventure with you as you grow to think of them as friends. How about putting more of them in the Crown Store as house guests so they can visit with you after the questing is done, or during as a stop over?

New lore for Bretons is awesome, and I can't wait to learn more.

I still hope for a story mode for dungeon quests as there is no point in buying dungeon DLC when I will miss the story because most groups rush through it all. I still don't know what the story is in most dungeons. I have to read about it on outside fan sites.

I am glad that you are looking forward to the new story content and Khajiit companion. What really ticks me off about that "no new systems, just performance upgrades" thing is that it's just hypocritical. If they say no new system, why the hell are we getting a new pointless system, which, according to them, is complex and thus must have taken them effort to make (we'll see about that), when they should have been focusing on improving performance? Moreover, this performance improvement promise has been going on for what, two years now? Yeah, I don't see any improvements, if anything performance seems to be very inconsistent, ranging from ok to absolutely terrible and swinging back and forth every other patch. It's just not something I'm willing to trust them on anymore.
    PC | EU 1600+ CP

Chews-On-Shrooms - Argonian (EP) | Healer Warden
    I know I have a problem, leave me alone:

Nirya Urayel - Altmer (EP) | Healer/Magicka Templar
    Ulen Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Nightblade
    Anise Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Dragonknight
    Vivienne Rielle - Breton (EP) | Hybrid Healer/Magicka Necromancer
    Gaspar Rielle - Breton (DC) | Magicka Sorcerer
    Ulfgar the Foul - Nord (EP) | Tank Necromancer
    Plays-With-Chains - Argonian (EP) | Tank Dragonknight
    Sonje the Wild - Nord (EP) | Tank Warden
    Brutus Lovidicus - Imperial (EP) | Tank Nightblade
    Velms Ienith - Dunmer (EP) | Tank Sorcerer
    Cassius Lanius - Imperial (EP) | Tank/Stamina Templar
    Shakar-gro-Khazgur - Orc (DC) | Stamina Dragonknight
    Liette Nightwind - Bosmer (AD) | Stamina Nightblade
    Ja'khar the Salty - Khajiit (EP) | Stamina Necromancer
    Saadia al-Tava - Redguard (EP) | Stamina Sorcerer
    Gwinas Hemp-Burner - Bosmer (EP) | Stamina Warden
    Grand Master Crafter, All Dungeon HM up to Stonethorn, vCrag HM, vDSA, vMA, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vHOF HM, vAS+2, Gryphon Heart, vBRP, vSS HM (Extinguisher of Flames),
    vKA HM (Shield of the North), vRG 1/3HM
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    not even a skill line? why not chivalry or something?

the card game looks cool, I approve. 2 new companions is great for part of the player base, but for those of us who don't care about companions there isn't a lot going on.

it's possible my opinion will change as more info comes out, but so far at least it's underwhelming.
  • xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The card game is incredibly bad optics. Really tone deaf.

I really don't see a reason to get this Chapter at full price (unless you are heavily invested into Breton RP). It's almost like ZOS doesn't even want to sell it.

The main gimmick this year is worse than Companions, which was great in theory but incomplete in execution. This time the CCG is going to be a hard pass as a concept for many.

Really happy about Account-wide achievements. Now there's more viability to playing alts IMO.
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am very excited about the new island and the beautiful medieval setting.

But we seriously need more "umph" with these chapters. For example, Summerset we got jewelry crafting AND a skill line. Morrowind we got BGs AND a class.

It has been a bit downhill from there. There doesn't feel like much bang for your buck these days. We keep paying the same but we keep getting LESS new systems, LESS quests for the new zone, LESS rewards/costumes that can be earned in game, etc.

I love the idea of a card game in ESO. In fact, i've wanted TES:L to be integrated since it got abandoned. But a card game should not be the main draw of a chapter. It should absolutely be in the game, but why not the card game AND a magicka weapon skill line? A new weapon is what most people have been begging for and we get more casual grindy content instead.

I will probably enjoy the card game and collecting. But I am getting a bit bitter that it has been THREE years since we had any meaningful combat updates.

This^ is a good point. I am very much looking forward to the new chapter, but it does feel like each year we're getting less for the money spent. Is the card game, dungeons, High Isle, deconstruction assistant, etc really worth $50? Summerset, Morrowind were massive updates. They do seem to be releasing less for the same price. Regardless of all that, I'm still stoked. Meanwhile, crown prices are continuing to increase for cosmetics. And you get less for more. I think people would be a bit more excited if the main feature wasn't a card game, but perhaps a bard class, or Maormer as a playable race
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • FlaviusPK
    FlaviusPK
    ✭✭✭
    What a MAGNITUDE... 🤣
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    - I even guess that the forum is not representative of the whole player base, but rather a group with special interests in regards to game development.
    heh , well that works both ways, since there are just as many vocal-minority cheerleaders as there are so called "negative" nay-sayers. Propagandists w/ agendas exist all over these forums. I'll let everyone figure out for themselves who they are.

As for the UPDATE announcement: I've had ESO+ since 2013 beta and i see nothing to make me change my $ubscription.

The game is still very fun to login & play. Simple as that. Everything else is typical forum fluff. :|
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't watch the reveal. As usual, I plan to wait until the chapter is on sale.
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    Not very impressed at all.

Not interested in card game

Not interested in companions

Devastated about account wide achievements - many many players do not want these but you have ignored them

[snip]

No, not impressed at all

I'm not sure why someone would spend the 5k crowns on it when they can just throw stuff in the bank and decon it later. I certainly won't buy it.
    Edited by Destai on January 31, 2022 4:04PM
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kesstryl wrote: »
    Guys, they straight up told us there would be no new systems added this year as they were scaling back so they could focus on more important things, and you are all disappointed that there are no new systems at reveal? I'm glad there are no new systems because they can focus more on the things we wanted like fixing the game.

I play new chapters for the story content, so I'm excited for that. I also like that we are getting new companions. People who want a companion that isn't a goody two shoes can rejoice with the Khajiit one. I was disappointed that we didn't get companions with the Fargrave/Deadlands DLC. It would be nice to get more than two new ones a year though.

I don't like how they're calling the new Deconstruction assistant the Ragpicker. She's a pretty character with a crappy name slapped on. Why would a wood elf pick rags anyway? A Khajiit would more appropriately be a ragpicker. Just get rid of the Ragpicker on her name. It's just ugly.

I'm ambivalent about the card game, but will participate in it to get new furnishings, like I do with Antiquities, which I'm also ambivalent about. I'm picky about CCGs so unless they pull off a decent one, I'll likely not care. It might make an interesting RP option though since you can play it with NPCs.

Jakarn and Za'ji being in the new chapter is awesome, I like that they're coming back. I especially love Za'ji. It's nice having recurring characters return to adventure with you as you grow to think of them as friends. How about putting more of them in the Crown Store as house guests so they can visit with you after the questing is done, or during as a stop over?

New lore for Bretons is awesome, and I can't wait to learn more.

I still hope for a story mode for dungeon quests as there is no point in buying dungeon DLC when I will miss the story because most groups rush through it all. I still don't know what the story is in most dungeons. I have to read about it on outside fan sites.

I am fine if they scale back as long as they scale back the asking price. Paying the same price I paid for a chapter with a new system for one without one is what really has me upset. I want value for my purchases and I don't feel I am getting it. Thus far there doesn't seem to be any incentive for me to get this chapter now vs when it comes in my eso plus. Story will always be there, and without a new system I don't feel any urgency.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    Really hoping they show restraint on 'pay-to-win' exclusive Crown store cards (or crown crate cards *shudder*).

This is what the card game will be aiming at.
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As much as I liked Magic: The Gathering 30(!) years ago, a card game is not something I find remotely interesting within ESO. I play ESO to run around with my characters, do quests, explore, try new gear combinations. Not for any sort of mini game.
    Edited by Snamyap on January 27, 2022 10:19PM
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel that adding a minigame is an excellent idea andnis definitely a welcome addition.
    However, I also feel that we are reaching a point where combat is feeling stale, due to a lack of new additions. PVP suffers even moreso. The new story offers promise as always, but I feel a lack of desire to play it, as I don't have any "new toys" to play with. A new, univeral skill line or weapon skill line is a long, long time requested addition that would definitely work towards making things feel fresh and exciting again.

The story and environment of High Isle look excellent, but I feel a shake up what actually occurs in overland content is overdue.

The presentation of the show was perfectly good as always and it is always lovely to see everyone!
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »

the shuffling of those 2 decks and both playing from the same stack is against p2w stuff - because you are not guaranteed, that the cards you are bringing to the game are actually benefitting your game play - it might be your opponent actually using it - I like this element of unpredictability and it adds some strategic element as well, if a rather lousy card deck is brought to the table - mixed with the stuff of the opponent - he might be quite confused about the cards he might be drawing.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The card game seems really interesting to me, but it's hard to tell. The explanation of it felt rushed. If this is what we're supposed to be excited about, why not do a deeper dive and really sell it? Personally, I hope there is a furniture item, like a board game or card deck or something I can place in my home and can click on to access the game. It would be fun to set up a little card table or even play with your Companions. I desperately want to be able to "do things" indoors besides decorate and watch my companions do slow, contemplative laps around the house.

I was personally hoping for QoL housing updates over most everything else. It's clear an Overland rework is probably a year or two out if it's happening at all, so I had no expectations, there.

Looking forward to the new companions. Um, that lady kitty cat better be cool with murder :|

Other than that, I wish I could have seen more of the Zone and cities during the stream. I'm very curious how they can get a Chapters worth of content into a couple of tiny Islands ;)

• Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets distract them from the lack of a new skill line or class by giving them a mini game and a 5k Crown DECONSTRUCTION ASSISTANT when we've been begging for a portable anvil or some sort of device to decon items with for years, since we have useless GRAND MASTER CRAFTERS ya know!

This year long shallow event is going to be shiny and pretty but HOLLOW.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posted in other threads, but I'll put it here too, in the "official" thread, even though at 5 pages already it'll just be buried.

With regards to account-wide achievements:

This change takes away from players to be able to re-play content on other classes or roles and get that feeling of accomplishment.

This change takes away from the roleplaying community who may not want certain titles/achievements on specific characters.

This change changes nothing for everybody else, because you could just figure out what you had done on your whole account (or if on PC, use an add-on to do it for you)

So, a sizable portion of the player base loses significantly in their game satisfaction.

Just add a global tab. See total account progress. Keep all characters separate. Don't overthink it.

(Most arguing for global achievements wanted it for research/motifs/etc... anyways, which isn't happening as they're tied to writ rewards)

This will be the first chapter that I will not pre-order immediately after the stream. Card game. Meh. More companions. Meh.
    Edited by tmbrinks on January 27, 2022 10:48PM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • estelrandir
    estelrandir
    ✭✭✭
    As long as cards don't show up in crown crates (instead of other, more useful stuff), I won't have too much beef. I'm not excited about it. I probably won't play it unless there's a cool costume or markings behind it.

Excited for the zone, excited for the new companions. I was hoping there'd be some kind of new weapon class for magic, since I can't stand combat with staves. Another year of stam characters for me.
    hopeful.heart on PC-NA/EU

"'Never love a wild thing, Mr. Bell,' Holly advised him. 'That was Doc's mistake. He was always lugging home wild things. [...] You can't give your heart to a wild thing: the more you do, the stronger they'll get. Until they're strong enough to run into the woods. Or fly into a tree. Then a taller tree. Then the sky. That's how you'll end up, Mr. Bell. If you let yourself love a wild thing. You'll end up looking at the sky.'" -- Truman Capote, Breakfast at Tiffany's.