Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

New Chapter hints / datamine?

• Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Dune musn't be related to a desert though. There are dunes on coasts of England or France or Germany as well.

Summerset was "glacier" though.

Well those snobby Altmer do have quite the icy disposition.

Cracking me up here! :D
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Bretons! We did it, everyone!
    Lets hope Bretons will get a "proper" chapter zone. Blackwood was not really about Argonians... If you think about it, it was not truly about Imperials either....

Thus I am still waiting for a "proper" Chapter zone for those 2.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Dune musn't be related to a desert though. There are dunes on coasts of England or France or Germany as well.

Summerset was "glacier" though.

For all we know, Dune is a reference to a place that is highly sought after by different factions, with the faction who controls it reaping the rewards from that place.
    DUNE is also all about political feuds between great houses. That alone makes it a perfect fit for Bretons.

Yup. I thought of that when the word was first datamined, but there was nothing to support the idea back then.
    Perhaps Dune is not a reference though to an environmental feature?

or the developers are just having fun trolling us with the codename.

So, no spice that can bend time and space? No giant sand worms? :disappointed:
    Bretons! We did it, everyone!
    Lets hope Bretons will get a "proper" chapter zone. Blackwood was not really about Argonians... If you think about it, it was not truly about Imperials either....

Thus I am still waiting for a "proper" Chapter zone for those 2.

No, Blackwood was about the Reachmen Empire, not Imperials.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

So, no spice that can bend time and space? No giant sand worms? :disappointed:

Don't forget the Akatosh references .... 8)
    Too many toons not enough time
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed at the end of the trailer (and also in video description) it says a brand new elder scrolls adventure. Not elder scrolls online adventure, elder scrolls adventure. So, something we haven't seen before. But the wording makes me think that it's not only about the place we are going to. It says a brand new adventure. Adding that to the alliance banners... God? I hope it's not battle royale? It can't be right?
    Edited by themaddaedra on January 7, 2022 6:38AM
    PC|EU
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay, a few random observations from the trailer and comments made in the thread:

1. The land masses on the topo map in the first few seconds of the trailer do not match the sizes on the old Western Tamriel map, but they do match the areas as they are in the game today, so if ZOS is creating a whole chapter around the Abecean Sea, they are likely retconning the size and placement of the islands, since they've done that before - and those island masses are pretty big compared to some of the other stuff (compare to the Stros M'Kai island on the topo).

2. There are flags on the map. I'm not sure if it's the rendered lighting, or my monitor, or what, but it looks like some of the ones in the Hammerfell region are yellow, and some are blue? Stros M'Kai also appears to have a yellow flag on it, but that looks more like it's the way the light's reflecting off it - you can see the color start to change as it goes off camera. As the camera continues to zoom in, there is at least one flag on a mass south of the larger island. It could just be a leftover flag with some other stray stuff, but it might also indicate an alliance presence? It looks like something else is over there. Either way, our antagonist is keeping tabs on what's going on back in the mainland.

3. The Coral Aerie dungeon might have something to do with the Pillar of Thras, since it's a giant coral tower in the Abecean Sea, and is referenced in the Coldharbor lore as some of you mentioned. It overlooks the Maelstrom of Bal - so located somewhere between Summerset and the group of islands we're talking about.

4. Rivenyard is a lost shipyard in Rivenspire according to the Fandom page, so if ZOS is really introducing sea battle mechanics into the mix, that might be one of the training grounds for that sort of thing, and there are a bunch of little islands up there.

5. I'm kind of hoping that the sword which the seeming antagonist in the trailer is holding represents a new spellsword skill line, because it's time for magicka to get a melee skill tree, and introducing it could also be a target of interest for the three Alliances, perhaps inspiring them to make the trip.

7. The flag placement around Hammerfell pretty much concentrates in Allk'r Desert - it's not super clean, but they could be correlated with multiple things on the zone map. What's interesting is that there is one flag placed to the south, north of Hew's Bane which also seems to be blue, and it would roughly correspond with the location of Taneth, which is a big port city. It could just be a flag to mark a population center, but it could also be in scope for the next chapter, perhaps. Maybe we will get an update on Magnifica Falorah.

8. I think someone already said this, but yeah, it's weird that the EP ship is on the south side and the AD ship is on the north side.

9. Finally, that port city is totally gorgeous. I am psyched for this.
  • ShalidorsHeir
    ShalidorsHeir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping for some more content on hammerfall and redguards this year, but i think ZOS did a right move introducing some new stuff with a undiscovered islands. Much excited about that :)
    Eltrys Wolfszahn
    Julia Ansei at-Tava
    C H I M
    "Find a new hill, become a king"
  • The3sFinest
    The3sFinest
    ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed at the end of the trailer (and also in video description) it says a brand new elder scrolls adventure. Not elder scrolls online adventure, elder scrolls adventure. So, something we haven't seen before. But the wording makes me think that it's not only about the place we are going to. It says a brand new adventure. Adding that to the alliance banners... God? I hope it's not battle royale? It can't be right?

I am going to puke if it is BR. I hope they mean that it is a brand new location not revealed in past games, like Fargrave was.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like you, I interpreted this to mean that we are going to new territory not previously explored in any Elder Scrolls game. It may also mean that this is all new Lore, not reused from other Elder Scrolls games.

Where did you get the idea of a battle royale out of that? In any case, they have said no new PVP stuff until performance is fixed, so my expectation is that 2022 is going to be the year that gets rolled out (maybe 3Q or 4Q). Since they won't know if it works until they have a few months to see it in action, I doubt they will deliver new PVP features before 2024. 2023 is already in the pipeline.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • GCypher87
    GCypher87
    ✭✭✭
    Psiijic Vault Crown Crates are coming back this month. Maybe it's just for the Daedric War event, but maybe it's a clue too. The Pyandonean Crafting Motif could fit perfectly with the reveal as well.
    PC: @Cyffr
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Muad'Dib returned... after all!
  • LaerothKeykalyn
    LaerothKeykalyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Caecilly Isle before Third Era

joom4h8225c71.jpg?width=8192&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=ebfb2c62f789bddd4043fd7d2e05cd6fc858c8ac

Code name: Dune >Lore : https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Chimera_of_Desolation
    Clann Direnni: https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Conjuration#
  • Grey_Wanderer
    Grey_Wanderer
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    You want a chapter hint? I got one for ya. Hint.

giphy.gif

Awwww, I've already beaten Deathwing like eighty bazillion times!
  • skyrimfantasy
    skyrimfantasy
    ✭✭✭✭

joom4h8225c71.jpg?width=8192&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=ebfb2c62f789bddd4043fd7d2e05cd6fc858c8ac

Before looking at this thread, this is what I found also, I think it's Caecilly too. It supports the ships sailing north & east (if departing from Daggerfall) toward a sunrise.
  • skyrimfantasy
    skyrimfantasy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, what is this island in the upper left? I thought it might be Betnikh but it doesn't really match with those small islands going out from it. The Imperial Library's description of this map says

ESO Daggerfall Covenant Pre-release Map
    An early, unused map of the Daggerfall Covenant zone from Elder Scrolls Online. Data mined from inside the game's files.

Year shown: circa 2E 582

Date created: before 2013

Cart_Highrock.jpg
  • Mushroomancer
    Mushroomancer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, what is this island in the upper left? I thought it might be Betnikh but it doesn't really match with those small islands going out from it. The Imperial Library's description of this map says

ESO Daggerfall Covenant Pre-release Map
    An early, unused map of the Daggerfall Covenant zone from Elder Scrolls Online. Data mined from inside the game's files.

Year shown: circa 2E 582

Date created: before 2013

Cart_Highrock.jpg

That's Stros M'Kai in the top left, look at it in the in-game map.
    PC | EU 1600+ CP

Chews-On-Shrooms - Argonian (EP) | Healer Warden
    I know I have a problem, leave me alone:

Nirya Urayel - Altmer (EP) | Healer/Magicka Templar
    Ulen Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Nightblade
    Anise Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Dragonknight
    Vivienne Rielle - Breton (EP) | Hybrid Healer/Magicka Necromancer
    Gaspar Rielle - Breton (DC) | Magicka Sorcerer
    Ulfgar the Foul - Nord (EP) | Tank Necromancer
    Plays-With-Chains - Argonian (EP) | Tank Dragonknight
    Sonje the Wild - Nord (EP) | Tank Warden
    Brutus Lovidicus - Imperial (EP) | Tank Nightblade
    Velms Ienith - Dunmer (EP) | Tank Sorcerer
    Cassius Lanius - Imperial (EP) | Tank/Stamina Templar
    Shakar-gro-Khazgur - Orc (DC) | Stamina Dragonknight
    Liette Nightwind - Bosmer (AD) | Stamina Nightblade
    Ja'khar the Salty - Khajiit (EP) | Stamina Necromancer
    Saadia al-Tava - Redguard (EP) | Stamina Sorcerer
    Gwinas Hemp-Burner - Bosmer (EP) | Stamina Warden
    Grand Master Crafter, All Dungeon HM up to Stonethorn, vCrag HM, vDSA, vMA, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vHOF HM, vAS+2, Gryphon Heart, vBRP, vSS HM (Extinguisher of Flames),
    vKA HM (Shield of the North), vRG 1/3HM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That kind of looks like the main landmass of Yokuda from the other map. Or.... no, not really after looking closer - it's more like the island of Herne, just below Betnikh.
  • Mushroomancer
    Mushroomancer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    That kind of looks like the main landmass of Yokuda from the other map. Or.... no, not really after looking closer - it's more like the island of Herne, just below Betnikh.

600px-ON-map-Stros_M%27Kai.jpg

Stros M'Kai, map is identical.
    PC | EU 1600+ CP

Grand Master Crafter, All Dungeon HM up to Stonethorn, vCrag HM, vDSA, vMA, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vHOF HM, vAS+2, Gryphon Heart, vBRP, vSS HM (Extinguisher of Flames),
  • Mushroomancer
    Mushroomancer
    ✭✭✭✭

Before looking at this thread, this is what I found also, I think it's Caecilly too. It supports the ships sailing north & east (if departing from Daggerfall) toward a sunrise.

Looks to me like they're going south-west, actually. Herne and the remains of Yokuda are in that direction, but I really doubt we'll see the latter.
    PC | EU 1600+ CP

• skyrimfantasy
    skyrimfantasy
    ✭✭✭✭

[snip]

Stros M'Kai, map is identical.

You're right, thanks, not sure why I didn't think to look at that.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh. I've never spent a lot of time looking at Stros M'Kai mapwise.... None of the starter islands are my favorite places. That's kind of a strange thing to put in a "special" bordered spot.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh. I've never spent a lot of time looking at Stros M'Kai mapwise.... None of the starter islands are my favorite places. That's kind of a strange thing to put in a "special" bordered spot.

Why? The starter islands where the stuff testers got to see first and alpha / beta players were able to play through first. I remember gaming journalists playing the starter islands and then writing previews of the game well ahead of launch.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • McMasterx
    McMasterx
    ✭✭✭

They wanted to include all the Daggerfall Covenant lands (via the base game) in one map. Stros M'kai is under Hews Bane. The map would be horribly zoomed out, so they included it in a square.
    Pc/Na
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    McMasterx wrote: »

They wanted to include all the Daggerfall Covenant lands (via the base game) in one map. Stros M'kai is under Hews Bane. The map would be horribly zoomed out, so they included it in a square.

Ah, that makes sense then. I wasn't around that far back.
  • Avishag
    Avishag
    ✭✭✭
    My first thought was Pyandonia, when I first saw the ships in the trailer. Feel free to correct me, if you're better at the lore B)
  • Mushroomancer
    Mushroomancer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Avishag wrote: »
    My first thought was Pyandonia, when I first saw the ships in the trailer. Feel free to correct me, if you're better at the lore B)

Well, Pyandonea is really far south, somewhere below Summerset in the map. That would mean that for it to be Pyandonea, the map in the war room in the teaser would have to show the ships departing from somewhere in Elsweyr or Valenwood, when they are clearly departing from either High Rock or Hammerfell.
    Edited by Mushroomancer on January 10, 2022 8:10AM
    PC | EU 1600+ CP

• RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    N3CEfsW.jpg

See the background - we're going to be looking at those alliance banners for the next year?

I can't help feeling there's going to be some 3 banners war action here. PvP.

Maybe wash up on an Island and fight it out with other two sides. Last alliance standing wins?

Just hope it's not going to be a new IC.
    PC EU
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    N3CEfsW.jpg

See the background - we're going to be looking at those alliance banners for the next year?

Maybe wash up on an Island and fight it out with other two sides. Last alliance standing wins?

Hopefully they learned from the IC that PvE and PvP don't mix in the same zone.

I genuinely hope that the PvP crowd get some love in this chapter and have a new mode or something, as long as I don't have to put up with gankers while trying to do the quests.

• DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This still could turn into a bold New-World'ish experiment to create an open-world PVP zone, with players ability to flag them for PVP or not.
    Still nothing is clear from these teasers, guess we shall have to wait till Jan,27th when Zeni will RELEASE THE KRAKEN ! B)
    PC EU
  • Mushroomancer
    Mushroomancer
    ✭✭✭✭
    N3CEfsW.jpg

I interpret it more as the three alliance ships being destroyed the same way, great equalizer style, in a way that erases all of their conflict when faced with a greater threat. But I don't know about that, just a thought.
    DinoZavr wrote: »

This still could turn into a bold New-World'ish experiment to create an open-world PVP zone, with players ability to flag them for PVP or not.
    Still nothing is clear from these teasers, guess we shall have to wait till Jan,27th when Zeni will RELEASE THE KRAKEN ! B)

I will say, I barfed a little bit in my mouth at the idea of a New World-like PvPvE gameplay system in ESO. I really hope the thought doesn't ever come even slightly close to crossing their mind.
    PC | EU 1600+ CP