The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New Chapter hints / datamine?

Seraphayel
Seraphayel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey there!

It’s this time of the year again where the announcement of the new chapter is imminent. At least the last times it usually was end of January, so not too far away.

I wasn’t around here for more than half a year and haven’t kept updated, that’s why I opened this thread.

Have there been any hints in Badlands / DLCs, where we might go next?

Or have there been any datamines like in the past?

ZOS hasn’t announced the revelation of the new chapter yet, have they?

Where do you think we’re going and where would you like to go this year?
PS5
EU
Aldmeri Dominion
- Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Kryptonite_Kent
    Kryptonite_Kent
    ✭✭✭✭
    I heard we were going on a magical spaceship thing to go fight demons from another dimension to save Tamriel
    Former Emperor
    Animus Impetum -DC- Magplar
    Animus Impetus -AD- Magplar
    Impetus Animus -EP- Magplar
    Kryptonite Kent -AD- Stamblade
    Kenobi Wan -AD- Magsorc
  • Didact805
    Didact805
    ✭✭✭
    I heard they're fixing the lag in Cyrodiil.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As soon as the server is up you can data mine the announcement chapter and preorder graphics, first thing on my to do list. :D

But don't spoil anything for anyone else unless its wrapped in a massive spoiler warning.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Didact805 wrote: »

Aye, Rich did say in one of his streams that they've been able to pinpoint the lag causes in Cyrodiil, and that the fixes will be gradually rolled in. Don't think it's something they'll be able to just dump in during one patch or it'd cause more harm than good.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Saxhleel
    Saxhleel
    ✭✭✭
    After speaking with Vivec in Morrowind (you require the Morrowind Chapter to play), you suddenly achieve CHIM after looking at a wheel sideways and transcend the limial barriers and dividing the material prison of the Mundus and the great unknown surrounding the universe, and transport into the Toddhead's chamber of CHIM. The threads of prophecy are severed as many others achieve the same fate. Which in simpler terms just means that it is an NPC named "Todd Howard" in Vivec City telling you to buy Skyrim.
    "What a fool you are. I'm a god. How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence. How could you be so naive? There is no escape. No Recall or Intervention can work in this place. Come. Lay down your weapons. It is not too late for my mercy" — Dagoth Ur

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As soon as the server is up you can data mine the announcement chapter and preorder graphics, first thing on my to do list. :D

But don't spoil anything for anyone else unless its wrapped in a massive spoiler warning.

@James-Wayne Is this true? So today was a patch maintenance that can be datamined?
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 4, 2022 1:20PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please @ZOS_GinaBruno we need teaser. :'(

FIP2nl9XwAY-JzS.png
    Edited by NerfSeige on January 4, 2022 2:26PM
    Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am hoping for unarmed skill line being added; seeing all the new npc martial arts related animations they have mo-caped.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    esomodelviewer.com/data-mining/ . if anything new shows up, it will be there.
    Edited by francesinhalover on January 4, 2022 2:46PM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Cactus_Back generally does a post as soon as he's got some stuff mined.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I heard we were going on a magical spaceship thing to go fight demons from another dimension to save Tamriel

So the rumors about Akavir are true.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Aye, Rich did say in one of his streams that they've been able to pinpoint the lag causes in Cyrodiil, and that the fixes will be gradually rolled in. Don't think it's something they'll be able to just dump in during one patch or it'd cause more harm than good.

That'd be nice.

I don't really PvP very often, but when I do... I do it in stop motion.

Fortunately for me PvP is just means to an end - crystals, a few useful skill points, antiquity leads and unlocking dyes.

I can only imagine how infuriating it must be for those who mostly PvP instead.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean with antiquities and companions they already set a new rock bottom for me when it comes to new features, so the only way is up this time. And I am curious if we finally, after 8 years, get a new weapon skill line.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a thread around here somewhere - something about a more "down to earth" chapter, and also IIRC something about no major systems or some such. Couldn't find it offhand, maybe your search-fu will be better than mine.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rich commented yesterday that he has not yet seen anyone guess what the next year's story is about. :disappointed:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good point - when is the announcement on this year's stuff?

I thought there was a twitch announcement / stream in January, but maybe I got that wrong ?
    GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Rich commented yesterday that he has not yet seen anyone guess what the next year's story is about. :disappointed:

Now, I'm really curious to where we're going.
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭

I thought there was a twitch announcement / stream in January, but maybe I got that wrong ?

I googled earlier and saw that we already know about deadlands last year december. Please @ZOS_GinaBruno, just a little teaser please.

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

• amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I could be wrong, but my recollection is that it's usually around the 20th, roughly. Toward the end of the month, but not the very end. My best guess is that we'll get an announcement of the livestream date and time early next week, followed by the actual livestream about a week to a week and a half after that.

Could be a bit earlier, probably wouldn't be much later. That being said, if their office gets hit with Omicron, all bets are off.
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had to take a guess it would be the idea of going to a different continent.
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's going to be the complete destruction of cyrodiil and there's going to be a dragon break. Then everything returns to normal and the lag is fixed because of it and everyone can PvP happily ever after.
    Edited by AuraNebula on January 4, 2022 4:59PM
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭
    AuraNebula wrote: »

It's going to be the complete destruction of cyrodiil and there's going to be a dragon break. Then everything returns to normal and the lag is fixed because of it and everyone can PvP happily ever after.

And everyone clapped, lol

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NerfSeige wrote: »

I googled earlier and saw that we already know about deadlands last year december. Please @ZOS_GinaBruno, just a little teaser please.

Wasn't this because of a leak/data mine that nuked their announce plans?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    There's a thread around here somewhere - something about a more "down to earth" chapter, and also IIRC something about no major systems or some such. Couldn't find it offhand, maybe your search-fu will be better than mine.

No major systems one is our third year in already, it started with Greymoor so there's hope still this year would wield something of significance.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    You want a chapter hint? I got one for ya. Hint.

giphy.gif
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

giphy.gif

scream-jonah-hill.gif

Edited by NerfSeige on January 4, 2022 5:18PM

• goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

giphy.gif

Fishing upgrade confirmed! :p
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif
    Seems to fit the Systres/High Isle speculation. Looking forward to tomorrow!
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • estelrandir
    estelrandir
    ✭✭✭
    *snip*

Okay, now all I can think of is:

b38.jpg
    hopeful.heart on PC-NA/EU

"'Never love a wild thing, Mr. Bell,' Holly advised him. 'That was Doc's mistake. He was always lugging home wild things. [...] You can't give your heart to a wild thing: the more you do, the stronger they'll get. Until they're strong enough to run into the woods. Or fly into a tree. Then a taller tree. Then the sky. That's how you'll end up, Mr. Bell. If you let yourself love a wild thing. You'll end up looking at the sky.'" -- Truman Capote, Breakfast at Tiffany's.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They twerted an image of a stormy sea with a request to check again tommorow ...

So Mermaid Island? Stormseas? Stormlands? Stormy McSeaface?

Anyway this one does not see any sand yet ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/