Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

New Chapter hints / datamine?

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DinoZavr wrote: »
    Hopefully they learned from the IC that PvE and PvP don't mix in the same zone.

This still could turn into a bold New-World'ish experiment to create an open-world PVP zone, with players ability to flag them for PVP or not.

It is possible that ZOS could try "Imperial City Revisited" and try to make a mixed zone chapter.

New World "works" because there are things for PVP players to do, and things for PVE players to do, and the two do not really mix. It is like playing two different games, and one can largely ignore the other. I am not sure how many people do both, and how often, but it is certainly easy to swap back and forth. At least, in concept. Still, my impression is that what remains of the NW community is largely friendly to a mixed play style, as many PVE-only players have already moved on.

ZOS could be trying something like that, but there are two main reasons why I would be surprised. First is that they have said no new PVP stuff until their Cyrodiil rework is done. That might be done this year, though. I would consider it rather gutsy of them to build a new PVP zone on unproven rework, but ZOS has showcased their failures in the past. Not on this scale, though. Still, they could release it and fix it over the next couple years. (Disclaimer: NW has entered the "bot phase" and I am on hiatus until they sort that out, so I have not played the latest update.)

Second, and probably more importantly, is that the ESO community isn't really much of a mixed community. They would have to incentivize the beejeezus out of the Chapter to sell it to the PVE-only crowd. Even if they did get the PVE crowd to buy it for some "must have" system/feature unrelated to the PVP part of the Chapter, the zone itself would be lightly populated. I could see a PVP quarterly DLC long before a Chapter, and they might make it a free/giveaway DLC just to remove the purchase barrier and make it easier to enter.

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭

This still could turn into a bold New-World'ish experiment to create an open-world PVP zone, with players ability to flag them for PVP or not.
    Still nothing is clear from these teasers, guess we shall have to wait till Jan,27th when Zeni will RELEASE THE KRAKEN ! B)

I don’t see why people don’t like this.

If you flag for pvp, high risk high rewards. 1xVers can find fights, zergs can travel in numbers.

If you just want to quest, don’t flag for it. Help NPCs or harvest flowers when you’re untouched by the large scale battle at your back.

Unlike IC where it’s purely mixed.

So yeah, a pvp/pve toggle on that zone would appease both sides of the crowd.

My only reservations is the performance, lol
    Edited by NerfSeige on January 10, 2022 2:23PM
    Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NerfSeige wrote: »
    If you just want to quest, don’t flag for it. Help NPCs or harvest flowers when you’re untouched by the large scale battle at your back.l

Maybe people don't want a large scale battle at their back while trying to help NPCs or harvest flowers. I mean, who picks flowers in the middle of a battle? Bringing other peoples' PvP to your PvE zone can be an immersion killer.

• DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip] .. I mean, who picks flowers in the middle of a battle? .. [snip]
    Magplars! i mean War Maidens B)

PC EU
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Still nothing is clear from these teasers, guess we shall have to wait till Jan,27th when Zeni will RELEASE THE KRAKEN ! B)

Oh please dear gods, no.

Horrific idea. And would have me seriously debating whether to actually buy the chapter. (And have been playing for a looong while & have always advanced purchased the chapter).

And yes, I do like & play a lot of pvp. Would prefer revamp/update to Cyrodiil rather than what suggested here.

The more I think about, the more this makes me shudder. (Even if optional).
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serafina, i play ESO for only 3 years, but still i have noticed developers love to experiment.

There were AoE and DoTs roller-coaster experiments, disabling all but 18 sets effects in Cyro,
    swapping LA and HA, the Volendrung addition, plus many more..
    yet, i also think open-world PVP would hardly happen, because of lag and performance.

Still i'd prefer love-or-hate content, rather than unified, predictable and dull things. B)
    Naval battles with canons, boarding, ARRRGH and other Pirates of Caribbean Abecean, maybe?
    PC EU
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My only reservations is the performance, lol

Being able to enter IC under a fighters guild banner do the quest line and related PvE bits would be an improvement. No telvar, none of the other PvP rewards. Fortunately it's not a very good quest line so you aren't missing much and the more interesting story piece of IC is in the PvE specific WGT dungeon.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One would think so. In ESO, my guess is that it would be like Dueling where people are never flagged for PVP and the zone is basically a PVE zone with a couple people running around fighting each other. ZOS would have to have a reason to flag for PVP.
    Maybe people don't want a large scale battle at their back while trying to help NPCs or harvest flowers. I mean, who picks flowers in the middle of a battle? Bringing other peoples' PvP to your PvE zone can be an immersion killer.

Client killer, too. I have been in New World "picking flowers" and suddenly my performance tanks for no reason. Then, the PVP war comes into view, and I know why my performance tanked. :smile:

• Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, what is this island in the upper left? I thought it might be Betnikh but it doesn't really match with those small islands going out from it. The Imperial Library's description of this map says

ESO Daggerfall Covenant Pre-release Map
    An early, unused map of the Daggerfall Covenant zone from Elder Scrolls Online. Data mined from inside the game's files.

Year shown: circa 2E 582

Date created: before 2013

Cart_Highrock.jpg

Its stros mkai
    Edited by Dark_Lord_Kuro on January 10, 2022 9:22PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The next chapter will be High Isle.

There is book in the Fargrave Outlaws Refuge titled “The First Gleaner”. It makes direct reference to High Isle.

As far as I know this is the only book/piece of text in this game that references this area. Pretty convenient given how ZOS likes to hint at next year’s chapter right? And it talks in a bit of detail about one NPC’s situation and slightly what kind of people are looking for him in that area.
    Hayfire,

Such gak, the likes of which this one has never had the misfortune to read! The Grasp of the Stricture do not keep treasure. Pieron came to Fargrave as an escaped sacrifice from some cult. This one cannot remember the name. This one does know that the few surviving cult members still search for him. They promised his blood to Sanguine and will not rest until they fulfill their oath. That is why Pieron does not return to Nirn. He fears the cult leaders will find him the instant he steps through a portal.

Elzig

Elzig,

What are you talking about, cat? Saying Pieron doesn't go to Nirn? He just returned from High Isle with an amazing haul, you fobbing lout! As for the Grasp, have you considered that the reason they don't keep treasure anymore is because of our light-fingered leader? I suppose not. That would presume your mind actually worked better than a broken Dwemer spider. It was also incredibly easy to steal that letter from you, Elzig. You won't see this note to read that, but I want others to know.

As for Pieron, I can't understand why you would be so stupid as to put down your theories on paper. Pieron is the greatest Gleaner ever to prowl the Bazaar. He's going to steal this scrap the moment he learns of its existence. Stop being daft!
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting some serious Trials of Atlantis vibes from these teasers...
    @King-Koopa
    World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
    Play how you want - no meta allowed!
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean, who picks flowers in the middle of a battle?
    I don't care what's going on. If I see a Cornflower, I am dismounting immediately and picking the heck out of that thing. :smile:
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bowser wrote: »

Gods I hope not, ToA killed DAoC for me. :/
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm calling something with thras ul vor kus Sload

To much setup in summerset for no delivery.

3 banners have faced sload before
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

There is book in the Fargrave Outlaws Refuge titled “The First Gleaner”. It makes direct reference to High Isle.

As far as I know this is the only book/piece of text in this game that references this area. Pretty convenient given how ZOS likes to hint at next year’s chapter right? And it talks in a bit of detail about one NPC’s situation and slightly what kind of people are looking for him in that area.
    Hayfire,

Such gak, the likes of which this one has never had the misfortune to read! The Grasp of the Stricture do not keep treasure. Pieron came to Fargrave as an escaped sacrifice from some cult. This one cannot remember the name. This one does know that the few surviving cult members still search for him. They promised his blood to Sanguine and will not rest until they fulfill their oath. That is why Pieron does not return to Nirn. He fears the cult leaders will find him the instant he steps through a portal.

Elzig

Elzig,

What are you talking about, cat? Saying Pieron doesn't go to Nirn? He just returned from High Isle with an amazing haul, you fobbing lout! As for the Grasp, have you considered that the reason they don't keep treasure anymore is because of our light-fingered leader? I suppose not. That would presume your mind actually worked better than a broken Dwemer spider. It was also incredibly easy to steal that letter from you, Elzig. You won't see this note to read that, but I want others to know.

As for Pieron, I can't understand why you would be so stupid as to put down your theories on paper. Pieron is the greatest Gleaner ever to prowl the Bazaar. He's going to steal this scrap the moment he learns of its existence. Stop being daft!

Yeah, High Isle pretty much will be it. Sometimes they like to mislead, but in this case it’s too obvious to not be it. Plus the datamine / leak for High Isle already happened although some are still debating it.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caecilly Isle before Third Era

joom4h8225c71.jpg?width=8192&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=ebfb2c62f789bddd4043fd7d2e05cd6fc858c8ac

Code name: Dune >Lore : https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Chimera_of_Desolation
    Clann Direnni: https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Conjuration#

I really, love the Akavir Map.
    It looks, it as an attention to detail written in it....

I wish TES 6 was set in Akavir or ESO next expansion was Akavir.
    Ppl will go crazy! It will be the most hyped game in existence!!!

If ESO, set the next expansion was Akavir then that lore can be brought up for the TES 6 game....
    We also, would get to play 4 new races, If possible...

I would definitely love to play the vampire snake ppl or the snow demon ppl
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vanos444 wrote: »

joom4h8225c71.jpg?width=8192&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=ebfb2c62f789bddd4043fd7d2e05cd6fc858c8ac

If ESO, set the next expansion was Akavir then that lore can be brought up for the TES 6 game....

Just FYI, this is not an official TES map. It is "Fan Art".
    As said elsewhere, the work involved with coding 4 new races, skill lines, new assets, art, etc would be WAY more involved than is practical.
    Plus there is WAY to much that needs fixing in existing game to add more glitches and bugs.

I personally think we will get caught in the Malstrom of Bal and be send to who knows where.
    Lyg maybe??
    Just my 2 drakes....
    Huzzah!

Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

Hayfire,

Elzig

Elzig,

B) ^^^ What @Vaoh said!
    Edited by Odovacar on January 14, 2022 10:20PM
  • _Zathras_
    _Zathras_
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope not.
  • DawnWarrior
    DawnWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    The sword that sweeps the ships from the map -- what style is that?
  • Mushroomancer
    Mushroomancer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vanos444 wrote: »

Map is fan-made.
    I don't think people are gonna go as crazy as you may think over it. Most people have been introduced to TES by Skyrim, and most of them don't play ESO and are very likely not into lore. That is to say, I'm pretty sure a lot of people that played Skyrim, or even ESO casually will barely have any idea of what Akavir even is, so I don't think it will be such a big factor in hyping up the game.
    Also, as much as I'd like to see Akavir, first of all, I believe Todd Howard has mentioned that they are not gonna explore the continent for now, but if they do, it's gonna be in a main line game before it ever comes to spin-offs; secondly, I kinda like the mystery of Akavir, just like the mystery of the Dwemer, I think that plays a big part in making both of them fascinating, and just having a chapter in ESO reveal any of the two would be pretty lame, because we already know they would most likely handle it very poorly.
    Not to mention the fact that them coding, modeling and texturing 4 new races is not gonna happen, also fitting the Kamal, which are pretty much a bunch of bloodthirsty demons that haven't had a single peaceful interaction with any race (not that I know of, at least), in the game as a playable race is gonna be tricky to say the least.
    PC | EU 1600+ CP

Chews-On-Shrooms - Argonian (EP) | Healer Warden
    I know I have a problem, leave me alone:

Nirya Urayel - Altmer (EP) | Healer/Magicka Templar
    Ulen Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Nightblade
    Anise Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Dragonknight
    Vivienne Rielle - Breton (EP) | Hybrid Healer/Magicka Necromancer
    Gaspar Rielle - Breton (DC) | Magicka Sorcerer
    Ulfgar the Foul - Nord (EP) | Tank Necromancer
    Plays-With-Chains - Argonian (EP) | Tank Dragonknight
    Sonje the Wild - Nord (EP) | Tank Warden
    Brutus Lovidicus - Imperial (EP) | Tank Nightblade
    Velms Ienith - Dunmer (EP) | Tank Sorcerer
    Cassius Lanius - Imperial (EP) | Tank/Stamina Templar
    Shakar-gro-Khazgur - Orc (DC) | Stamina Dragonknight
    Liette Nightwind - Bosmer (AD) | Stamina Nightblade
    Ja'khar the Salty - Khajiit (EP) | Stamina Necromancer
    Saadia al-Tava - Redguard (EP) | Stamina Sorcerer
    Gwinas Hemp-Burner - Bosmer (EP) | Stamina Warden
    Grand Master Crafter, All Dungeon HM up to Stonethorn, vCrag HM, vDSA, vMA, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vHOF HM, vAS+2, Gryphon Heart, vBRP, vSS HM (Extinguisher of Flames),
    vKA HM (Shield of the North), vRG 1/3HM
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sword that sweeps the ships from the map -- what style is that?

It appears to be Ancestral Breton, you can see it if you were to equip Bastian with a sword as he is hard-coded to use Ancestral Breton as a default style.
    Edited by Maitsukas on January 15, 2022 11:35AM
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Adremal wrote: »

I distinctly remember this event in my gaming history. Three reasons why players left:
    1. The best PvP gear in the game was now gated behind very difficult PvE content. Previously, Darkness Falls PvPvE gear was the best and was obtainable by PvP players. Trials of Atlantis meant you needed a raiding guild.
    2. Buff bots were nerfed. The change was in good spirit and a noble attempt by Mythic Entertainment to improve PvP. However, it did have a major impact on players that weren't ready for it. Nobody was about to play a buff bot as their primary which meant players became weaker in PvP overall by not having those buffs.
    3. Necro pets were heavily nerfed. The Necromancer class went from one of the strongest 1vX PvP classes in the game to one of the weakest. Many players quit because their class was no longer competitive.
    Back on topic, I've read The First Gleaner in game and it does make reference to High Isle. But there is no indication that the next chapter will take place in this location. We will have to wait a few weeks for the reveal.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on January 15, 2022 8:52PM
    PC NA
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

I distinctly remember this event in my gaming history. Three reasons why players left:
    1. The best PvP gear in the game was now gated behind very difficult PvE content. Previously, Darkness Falls PvPvE gear was the best and was obtainable by PvP players. Trials of Atlantis meant you needed a raiding guild.
    2. Buff bots were nerfed. The change was in good spirit and a noble attempt by Mythic Entertainment to improve PvP. However, it did have a major impact on players that weren't ready for it. Nobody was about to play a buff bot as their primary which meant players became weaker in PvP overall by not having those buffs.
    3. Necro pets were heavily nerfed. The Necromancer class went from one of the strongest 1vX PvP classes in the game to one of the weakest. Many players quit because their class was no longer competitive.
    Back on topic, I've read The First Gleaner in game and it does make reference to High Isle. But there is no indication that the next chapter will take place in this location. We will have to wait a few weeks for the reveal.

We do have the unofficial leak / datamine of the next Chapter location and the Q1 dungeons. And we have the datamine from last year where they used the abbreviation SYS/HI as a code for the next expansion. This was done so with every chapter before and things like Elsweyr had ELS as an abbreviation so…

Volcano - Morrowind (VRD)
    Glacier - Summerset (SUM)
    Mesa - Elsweyr (ELS)
    Scarp - Greymoor (SKR)
    Badlands - Blackwood (BAD)
    Dune - Update 34/Q2 2022 (SYS/HI)

So HI for High Isle pretty much falls in line with all of them.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

We do have the unofficial leak / datamine of the next Chapter location and the Q1 dungeons. And we have the datamine from last year where they used the abbreviation SYS/HI as a code for the next expansion. This was done so with every chapter before and things like Elsweyr had ELS as an abbreviation so…

Mesa - Elsweyr (ELS)
    Scarp - Greymoor (SKR)

Could also stand for Herne Island. Just saying?
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mesa - Elsweyr (ELS)
    Scarp - Greymoor (SKR)

Could also stand for Herne Island. Just saying?

High Island being mentioned in a book that came into the game during the year long story 2021 and then HI being the codename… the writing‘s on the wall, in my opinion.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mesa - Elsweyr (ELS)
    Scarp - Greymoor (SKR)

Actually, given that SYS likely means the location, and there are several videos out the explaining that line of thinking, the HI now seems like it might mean HIGH ROCK. I guess we will find out.
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

It is possible that ZOS could try "Imperial City Revisited" and try to make a mixed zone chapter.

New World "works" because there are things for PVP players to do, and things for PVE players to do, and the two do not really mix. It is like playing two different games, and one can largely ignore the other. I am not sure how many people do both, and how often, but it is certainly easy to swap back and forth. At least, in concept. Still, my impression is that what remains of the NW community is largely friendly to a mixed play style, as many PVE-only players have already moved on.

ZOS could be trying something like that, but there are two main reasons why I would be surprised. First is that they have said no new PVP stuff until their Cyrodiil rework is done. That might be done this year, though. I would consider it rather gutsy of them to build a new PVP zone on unproven rework, but ZOS has showcased their failures in the past. Not on this scale, though. Still, they could release it and fix it over the next couple years. (Disclaimer: NW has entered the "bot phase" and I am on hiatus until they sort that out, so I have not played the latest update.)

Second, and probably more importantly, is that the ESO community isn't really much of a mixed community. They would have to incentivize the beejeezus out of the Chapter to sell it to the PVE-only crowd. Even if they did get the PVE crowd to buy it for some "must have" system/feature unrelated to the PVP part of the Chapter, the zone itself would be lightly populated. I could see a PVP quarterly DLC long before a Chapter, and they might make it a free/giveaway DLC just to remove the purchase barrier and make it easier to enter.

I disagree quite a bit with some of the points in this post. I do agree that with Matt's announcement, it's pretty clear that we're not getting any new PVP content.

I'm about 900 hours into New World. and if you want to do PVP well, you need to do a ton of PVE content and grind crafting. All of the sweaty PVP players I know in New World constantly run PVE content to push gear score, and they end up spending more time PVEing than PVPing. On the other side, if you want to do PVE efficiently, you need to get into a PVP heavy company in order to take territories to generate income and control crafting station development. Success on both sides is interdependent. The two end up mixed all of the time. Yes, you can choose to flag or unflag, but if you unflag you are nerfing yourself and extending your grind time. The fact that you suspect that a lot of PVErs moved on is a reaction to how much PVP controls and enables the PVE environment, which shows how mixed they really are.

I also disagree that there are few "mixed" players in ESO. Many PVPrs grind PVE to get gear, but if they could, they would opt out entirely. There are also PVErs who hate PVP because of the steep learning curve and the need to find an appropriate guild or group that will allow for more PVP successes. I know from my own experiences that PVErs can be introduced to Cyrodiil and IC in the right environment and start to love it despite themselves. Some of the PVP guilds I run with actually like PVE, they are just over it and don't want to keep running it all of the time to score push trials or anything like that. However, your point is taken that sales for a purely PVP offering would suffer due to lack of interest from more PVE-aligned players.

One thing New World did right that was actually pretty neat was the Outpost Rush game type, where PVE can play a crucial role in wins. Something like that, where PVE skillsets and strategies were mixed in with PVP could provide an attraction for both kinds of players, so I think that down the road, ESO could introduce something like that which would provide a compelling and inclusive gaming experience without purely resorting to gear incentives and the like.
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Actually, given that SYS likely means the location, and there are several videos out the explaining that line of thinking, the HI now seems like it might mean HIGH ROCK. I guess we will find out.

In the trailer, Taneth has a flag on the map, I think they are carving out a Hammerfell zone, probably below Allk'r Desert, which will be part of the chapter, and it's going to have some name that goes with SYS. This would square with the zone code name being Dune since that area is a lot of desert, and the HI refers to the chapter islands. Because the South Hammerfall city states all reside there, and there is some ambiguity about what happens in that region, it could specifically relate to The Crowns, who at the time were all about preserving the Yokudan way of life, it's conceivable that the area could potentially be referred to as the Southern Yokudan States? It's a stretch, but it's not a terrible guess.

If that were the case, then this all might be more about Redguards than Bretons, which is a distinct possibility, even if the antagonist in the trailer is a Breton. I'm fine either with whatever as long as there are lots of pirates.

Edited by furiouslog on January 17, 2022 12:19AM
  • Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lady Arabellle Davaux ( Breton ) and the Ascendant Order are involved.