Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

New Chapter hints / datamine?

• Muttsmutt
    Muttsmutt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...maormer?
    unknown.png
    ...maormer.
    Edited by Muttsmutt on January 6, 2022 11:54AM
    PC-EU // UNDEAD
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »

From cespar: “ Sometime in the mid-Second Era, the former noblewoman, Lady Benwyne Thronebane was exiled to the island of Cespar and lived there since at least 2E 582.”

Lady Benwyne Thronebane: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Demands_of_the_Painted_Eye

MENTIONED IN BLACKWOOD! I think you got it man!
    Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NerfSeige wrote: »

From cespar: “ Sometime in the mid-Second Era, the former noblewoman, Lady Benwyne Thronebane was exiled to the island of Cespar and lived there since at least 2E 582.”

Lady Benwyne Thronebane: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Demands_of_the_Painted_Eye

Very intriguing.

Both islands could be called "High Isles" or whatever. But this is a very curious find.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

Very intriguing.

Both islands could be called "High Isles" or whatever. But this is a very curious find.

Intriguing and curious as it does not really point to Bretons no? More towards Redguards.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Saxhleel wrote: »
    Just saying, there are two more islands/areas in High Rock that no one mentioned. Caecilly and the Dellese Isles. The former was cast into the void, so I feel the latter would be more likely. The Dellese Isles were randomly name dropped in Morrowind I'm pretty sure, so ESO wouldn't be creating an entirely new region.

EDIT: Caecilly was cast into the void in the Third Era, so Caecilly might be the zone we visit. There is also a map of the region, thanks to Battlespire, also known as the game no one plays.

BS-map-Level_5.png

Going to plug this guy who is still playing Battlespire: https://youtu.be/5qBWrpkYONM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Very intriguing.

Intriguing and curious as it does not really point to Bretons no? More towards Redguards.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Redguards are just tanned Bretons, change my mind.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to plug this guy who is still playing Battlespire: https://youtu.be/5qBWrpkYONM
    Oh, I loved Battlespire! And its soundtrack.

PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xgoku1 wrote: »
    silvereyes wrote: »
    Just saying, there are two more islands/areas in High Rock that no one mentioned. Caecilly and the Dellese Isles. The former was cast into the void, so I feel the latter would be more likely. The Dellese Isles were randomly name dropped in Morrowind I'm pretty sure, so ESO wouldn't be creating an entirely new region.

EDIT: Caecilly was cast into the void in the Third Era, so Caecilly might be the zone we visit. There is also a map of the region, thanks to Battlespire, also known as the game no one plays.
    Interesting. That's definitely the closest map I've seen resembling the mountainous island inlet in the trailer. The scale seems a bit small for an entire chapter, though.

The codename for the 2022 Zone is SYS/HI, so could be 2 islands maybe? Caecilly and Dellese

Uhm.. HI = High Isle.

The only problem with that is that people have been guessing that since almost Day 1 when SYS/HI was datamined, and Lambert insists that no one has guessed it, as far as he knows. It's been out there too long for him to be unaware of a correct guess. Someone would have come to him and said "they guessed it already".

Of course... he could be lying, but he has other answers he can give to avoid doing that, and does.

EDIT: Herne Island (HI) makes some amount of sense. If it is true, then this year might be a Redguard year, despite visual breadcrumbs that people are interpreting as a Breton year.

Edited by Elsonso on January 6, 2022 1:31PM
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • The3sFinest
    The3sFinest
    ✭✭✭✭
    Muttsmutt wrote: »
    ...maormer?
    unknown.png
    ...maormer.

It was already discussed this is much closer to the features of Breton armor, it probably is Ancestral variant. They have scales on some current heavy armor, they also show snake-like design.
  • xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Interesting. That's definitely the closest map I've seen resembling the mountainous island inlet in the trailer. The scale seems a bit small for an entire chapter, though.

The codename for the 2022 Zone is SYS/HI, so could be 2 islands maybe? Caecilly and Dellese

Uhm.. HI = High Isle.

The only problem with that is that people have been guessing that since almost Day 1 when SYS/HI was datamined, and Lambert insists that no one has guessed it, as far as he knows. It's been out there too long for him to be unaware of a correct guess. Someone would have come to him and said "they guessed it already".

Of course... he could be lying, but he has other answers he can give to avoid doing that, and does.

EDIT: Herne Island (HI) makes some amount of sense. If it is true, then this year might be a Redguard year, despite visual breadcrumbs that people are interpreting as a Breton year.

I wouldn't care too much about what Lambert says, when streaming you're talking on a stream of consciousness level mostly.

Caspar/Herne certainly fits the map shown in the teaser (i.e. travelling south-west off the mainland coast).

Herne Islands fits the HI, but there's still the SYS. Another thing is that the island shown in the teaser looks more like the geography of Summerset rather than sandy Hammerfell desert.

Could be Systres and Caspar/Herne? The geography clue is Dune, maybe the SYS island is more sandy? These islands are pretty small too, so two islands = one big zone maybe?
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Uhm.. HI = High Isle.

If it's indeed Herne and Cespar, the High Isle guesses are technically wrong although being right. Did people already guess those two islands back then as well?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also Caecilly looks very interesting because it technically won't be a retcon to add a big landmass there, since the older games' maps are from the 3rd Era when it was banished from Nirn.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Uhm.. HI = High Isle.

If it's indeed Herne and Cespar, the High Isle guesses are technically wrong although being right. Did people already guess those two islands back then as well?

Yes. Well... Herne and Systres. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7418248/#Comment_7418248
    Edited by Elsonso on January 6, 2022 1:49PM
  • nymlaelitharcub18_ESO
    I'd think it'd be the Yokuda archipelago. We've never been to Akos Kasaz, it's much larger than the remaining High Rock islands, none of which have the scale to be a Chapter zone (especially if it is the entire archipelago and not just the largest island). There could be Breton presence there (or even just that one Breton might be causing faction intrigues), the Crowns are not really aligned with any of the Alliances and are known for political intrigue.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fans cry for Breton content.
    Let’s create an island that no one ever heard of.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dune musn't be related to a desert though. There are dunes on coasts of England or France or Germany as well.
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 6, 2022 2:16PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • The3sFinest
    The3sFinest
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dune musn't be related to a desert though. There are dunes on coasts of England or France or Germany as well.

Summerset was "glacier" though.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, that's true. Couldn't be the mountain in the mid of Summerset be counted as a glacier? It's pretty much an outlier. Every other nickname was quite fitting.
    • Volcano - Morrowind (VRD)
    • Glacier - Summerset (SUM)
    • Mesa - Elsweyr (ELS)
    • Scarp - Greymoor (SKR)
    • Badlands - Blackwood (BAD)
    • Dune - Update 34/Q2 2022 (SYS/HI)
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For all we know, Dune is a reference to a place that is highly sought after by different factions, with the faction who controls it reaping the rewards from that place.

• RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Painted Eye look interesting. The prisoners they want freed have attacked several of the established regimes. This might be why the three alliances have sent a joint force against them.

I'm guessing the woman in the breton plate armour is Lady Thornebane. Perhaps she is "the painted eye". When we get to see her face she'll have one eye covered by a patch and one with some gruesome eye makeup.

I'm also guessing we're going to visit a whole series of those little islands, not just one or two of the larger ones. Maybe all the islands people have already mentioned.
    PC EU
  • WarriorNinja9
    WarriorNinja9
    ✭✭
    arent most of the islands mentioned technically part of hammerfell later on? could that be why they are labeled "Dune"
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For all we know, Dune is a reference to a place that is highly sought after by different factions, with the faction who controls it reaping the rewards from that place.
    DUNE is also all about political feuds between great houses. That alone makes it a perfect fit for Bretons.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps Dune is not a reference though to an environmental feature?
    Faulgor wrote: »

DUNE is also all about political feuds between great houses. That alone makes it a perfect fit for Bretons.

This one wondered if it might be a reference to forbidden spices ...

Maybe that is just the wishful thinking of a khajiit though.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Edited by SantieClaws on January 6, 2022 4:48PM

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭

or the developers are just having fun trolling us with the codename.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Very possibly. This one can almost hear them trying to supress the tears of laughter over all of this.

Tis all part of the fun though!

Also this one is going to guess at Stormbreak for the chapter - or for the the first DLC.

Though it is more often a colour and an environment recently - Greymoor, Blackwood, Murkmire etc this one is not sure that formula will work this time.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Or the codenames actually have no relation to the content at all, and it's just a combination of luck and reaching that makes them fit. I still can't think of any glacier in Summerset.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or the codenames actually have no relation to the content at all, and it's just a combination of luck and reaching that makes them fit. I still can't think of any glacier in Summerset.

I mean all of them made sense besides the glacier one. So you can argue that this is another outlier, but right now it's more likely a dune or dunes will play a role in the environment.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could, of course, be more than one island with quite different environments on each one.

The 'dunes' might be on the one we have not seen yet.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »

Mr Lambert is a big fan of the books, so I think the political intrigue angle fits well for the codename
    Soupy twist
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well those snobby Altmer do have quite the icy disposition.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA