Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

New Chapter hints / datamine?

• Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deter1UK wrote: »
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    You want a chapter hint? I got one for ya. Hint.

did u get permission to use that video clip because that clip is property of someone else and not public domain

I doubt that any communications from a company of this size is published without being signed off do you?

It's not a random private tweet from some mate of a cousin of some chap that work in the post room is it.

You'd be surprised.
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally! No more daedric lands! No more swamps! I hope this new area is as beautiful as summerset :)
    Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely love the reference to the Angel Falls :love::love::love:
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bretons! We did it, everyone!
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooooh, I’m excited! :smiley:
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    longship, dhow and a...cog? Three factions. Not too significant however. Edit: likely a Carrack not a Cog.
    Edited by MageCatF4F on January 5, 2022 6:05PM
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Bretons! We did it, everyone!

But where? They used all of High Rock in the base game already, didn't they?
    Edited by adriant1978 on January 5, 2022 5:23PM
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like we're getting something really new and fresh! Hopefully including sea battles!
  • xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite interesting.

1. Some of the mainland is visible on the map, looks like the ship is going slightly south off-west. (maybe setting off from the southern most point of High Rock)
    2. Town architecture looks pretty "urban"
    3. Armor of sailors on the ship with blue flags looks like full-plate armor
    4. Bad guy's armor at the end has some scale-y elements and two S-like shapes on the back. Maormer? Storm magic and snek is sorta their thing Looks like Breton heavy armor
    Edited by xgoku1 on January 5, 2022 5:46PM
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I am officially hyped. Wherever and whatever it is, it looks great!

If I have to delay a beach vacation for another year due to Covid, then at least I'll have a gorgeous new virtual ocean to immerse myself in this summer.

ETA: I said I was done with preordering, but... this may very well have turned me around on that.
    Edited by amapola76 on January 5, 2022 5:46PM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm loving this setting already.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    d217937bd44f622d6795ffd119438ad2.jpg

Seems it's about the Alliance War. Hope that means some additions for PvP as well.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    d217937bd44f622d6795ffd119438ad2.jpg

Seems it's about the Alliance War. Hope that means some additions for PvP as well.

A new "Mini Cyrodiil" on High Isle would be dope. Like 12 vs 12 vs 12 battles. I'm sure the engine can handle it and it would be amazing to have "bigger" battlegrounds.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I'm getting big Amalfi vibes from that coastal town. But the chapter music sounds a bit more Celtic.
  • The3sFinest
    The3sFinest
    ✭✭✭✭
    xgoku1 wrote: »
    Quite interesting.

1. Some of the mainland is visible on the map, looks like the ship is going slightly south off-west. (maybe setting off from the southern most point of High Rock)
    4. Bad guy's armor at the end has some scale-y elements and two S-like shapes on the back. Maormer? Storm magic and snek is sorta their thing

Breton architecture, breton-esque armor, the squiggly, the scales are both features of current Breton armor, a bit different but mostly the same.
  • xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The flags on the ships correspond to the Faction colors. They seem to be working together, and clearly aren't welcome on the island...
  • xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xgoku1 wrote: »
    Quite interesting.

4. Bad guy's armor at the end has some scale-y elements and two S-like shapes on the back. Maormer? Storm magic and snek is sorta their thing

Breton architecture, breton-esque armor, the squiggly, the scales are both features of current Breton armor, a bit different but mostly the same.

Yeah, seems so. Definitely not a Redguard vibe
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amapola76 wrote: »
    Also, I'm getting big Amalfi vibes from that coastal town. But the chapter music sounds a bit more Celtic.

Sounds more along the idea of "Pirates of the Acabean" music to me...
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    After checking my Iliac Bay map, there is a island off the SW of High Rock called Betony.
    We haven't been there yet. Maybe?
    Just throwing in my 2 drakes.
    Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After checking my Iliac Bay map, there is a island off the SW of High Rock called Betony.
    Huzzah!

That's just the Breton name for betnikh as far as I know and that is already in the game
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huzzah!

We have been there; it's Betnikh.
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    cmetzger93 wrote: »
    Huzzah!

That's just the Breton name for betnikh as far as I know and that is already in the game

Lol! Yea just looked. My map is based on 3rd era..
    Hehe
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

• SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The servers and engine couldn't handle naval combat, y'all need to lower those expectations on that part.
  • TitusF2
    TitusF2
    ✭✭✭
    Prolly one of these two locations?? Dunno.

wemGH6e.jpg
    This is text.
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if it is the 3 factions (and I don't see why it wouldn't be) then it is either one of two things, they are working together which would imply a bigger threat to all three, or they are competing against each other to get to some new prize.
    If it is the second, then that could suggest a newly opened land or newly discovered land.
    For example, a newly opened path to a previously inaccessible land.
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huzzah!

Yes, though other way around sort of. Bretons lived on Betony, then the Seamount clan of Orcs took it over and renamed it Betnikh. Later down the road it will return to Breton occupancy and the Betony name. Betnikh is the Orcish name for Betony.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ealdwin wrote: »
    Huzzah!

Yes, though other way around sort of. Bretons lived on Betony, then the Seamount clan of Orcs took it over and renamed it Betnikh. Later down the road it will return to Breton occupancy and the Betony name. Betnikh is the Orcish name for Betony.

Thank you for the clarification! :)
    Well, can't wait for the YTube lore folks to break this down!!
    ( Hint, hint Camel)!
    Huzzah!
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would the continuation of the Three Banner War even make sense after the last Chapters? I don’t think so.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Starpulsechic
    Starpulsechic
    ✭✭✭
    Watched the trailer.

Boats sailing the Oceanic sea to give all of us Oceanic/AsiaPacific players a server yeah?