Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

New Chapter hints / datamine?

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lady Arabellle Davaux ( Breton ) and the Ascendant Order are involved.

There is also an interesting, and detailed, coin floating around select streamers/influencers.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Indeed there is :) referenced in a letter annotated by Lady Davaux
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup. I would post pictures here, but I am not a select steamer or influencer, and I don't want to steal someone else's thunder.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Yup. I would post pictures here, but I am not a select steamer or influencer, and I don't want to steal someone else's thunder.

If you know about these things and they are already online, just post them, especially if it’s just a Twitter link or whatever.

Edit: just found it via Reddit.

https://mobile.twitter.com/lotusofdoom/status/1482774395097604100?s=21
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 16, 2022 8:49PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 masted ships - as we see on the coin - are known as Royal Clippers. This would tend to represent a source of economic wealth and sea power. The ships in the video do not match this.
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is also an interesting, and detailed, coin floating around select streamers/influencers.

I really hate it when they do this. Way to go making the rest of your (possibly paying) customers feel like dirt next to the "celebs".
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Ascendant Order"? "The salvation of Tamriel?"

I thought they were done with cults and world-ending events and were going to bring the focus back to more "mundane" plots and mortal politicking...
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought they were done with cults and world-ending events and were going to bring the focus back to more "mundane" plots and mortal politicking...

Literally my first reaction to the tease. How come they literally say that they won't do another end of the world theme and tease a letter about salvation of Tamriel in less than a month?

PC|EU
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone on Reddit pointed out that the three colors on the medallions look like 3 goblets pouring their contents out. I can certainly see that, especially considering that the area where they are mixing seems to have two ripples for each stream. We may very well be seeing a Stirk kind of situation where the 3 alliances are coming together in some sort of peace. Either temporarily or perhaps looking to bring an end to the war.

Anabelle Davaux is an interesting connection though considering she is suspected to be the author of the Investigator Vale series, which she based on her own exploits as a soldier/agent for High King Emeric. Would certainly fit with the "political intrigue" that was promised.
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I really hate it when they do this. Way to go making the rest of your (possibly paying) customers feel like dirt next to the "celebs".

Kinda feel the same, i dont really think out it much though
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Me too, and not only that, I heard that they sent it to streamers that have been fostering hate in the community, so I guess anyone who didn't get this stuff can count themselves in good company.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I really don’t see any problem with this and I am just one of the guys who doesn’t get stuff like this. For me it’s the opposite, I very much like when streamers or content creators get this. It’s a very good marketing strategy to slowly create hype and interest. There’s really no need to be envious.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

I really don’t see any problem with this and I am just one of the guys who doesn’t get stuff like this. For me it’s the opposite, I very much like when streamers or content creators get this. It’s a very good marketing strategy to slowly create hype and interest. There’s really no need to be envious.

I'm certainly not going to lose sleep over it, but it just rubs me the wrong way is all, maybe because I'm old enough to remember a time when all gamers were more or less equal before all these "VIPs" appeared on the scene.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm certainly not going to lose sleep over it, but it just rubs me the wrong way is all, maybe because I'm old enough to remember a time when all gamers were more or less equal before all these "VIPs" appeared on the scene.

But we‘re all equal. You’re just not getting a piece of plastic which is marketing and nothing else. You never did, not even 30 years ago when you might have been young. And yes, back then these things existed as well. So I find it always very strange when people feel left out because they are not involved, but let’s be real here: guys like you and me don’t matter for the marketing anyway.

Content creators do as they keep interest in this game high and just create content. How could I blame them for getting something relevant for marketing. I‘m just not entitled or spoiled (maybe these are the wrong words) enough to have any negative feelings about this. I think it’s cool. And I don’t have to get one myself to think it’s cool. But that’s just my take and I don’t want to tell others what to do or how to feel, so no offense here, not at all. :)

I just find this kind of stuff very exciting. I remember the Wrathstone Tablet content creators got during Elsweyr and I was kinda jealous too because I wanted one, but anyway it was just hella cool advertisement for the Year of the Dragons.
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 16, 2022 11:03PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    … the writing‘s on the wall, in my opinion.

Actually, writing's in the book.
    Just sayin'.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Kallykat
      Kallykat
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't mind using this sort of thing to market/build hype as long as they make the items available for public purchase at some point down the road.

After reading this whole board and clicking all the links, I agree that HI is probably High Isle (and SYS is The Systres) and that we will have a Breton-focused year with the 3 alliances either working together or competing for the same goal.

(Here's ESO's trailer analysis: https://youtube.com/watch?v=6sVv-cvht0c)

I know some people find the Bretons dull, but I think the new content will be the perfect opportunity to add/resurrect some cool Breton lore.

I only wish the reveal wasn't on the 27th as that's my husband's birthday...Plus, they always do these reveals too early in day when I am still at work.
    • Seraphayel
      Seraphayel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      What I find weird is that Systres and High Isle both make sense, but I don't see them giving us two zones instead of one - but they did so with Greymoor, too, so... I just wish they wouldn't be separated by a loading screen then and instead both islands are one zone we can maybe even swim to / sail to. Even if it's just this one particular zone where we can do these things, it would be amazing.
      PS5
      EU
      Aldmeri Dominion
      - Khajiit Arcanist -
    • SerafinaWaterstar
      SerafinaWaterstar
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Not envious. Just think they could also send such stuff out to random active players as well.

But then I do not see the point of streamers or ‘content creators’ ( exactly what content do they create?!) but sadly understand that they are part of gaming these days.
    • ApoAlaia
      ApoAlaia
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

Literally my first reaction to the tease. How come they literally say that they won't do another end of the world theme and tease a letter about salvation of Tamriel in less than a month?

'Saving Tamriel' does not necessarily mean 'from the daedra du jour'.

Plenty of 'saving' has taken place in our own written history, often inflicted upon cultures and peoples that neither needed nor wanted saving.
    • adriant1978
      adriant1978
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      But then I do not see the point of streamers or ‘content creators’ ( exactly what content do they create?!) but sadly understand that they are part of gaming these days.

In the case of streamers the "content" is apparently letting other people watch them play, sometimes while putting on a silly voice or not wearing many clothes, among other gimmicks. I can personally think of some paint I'd rather watch dry compared to watching other people play video games, but I guess I really am just old. :D

There are also people who actually do create content in the form of useful web sites full of game info, build write-ups, etc. I guess if anyone is deserving of getting freebies from the devs I'd say it's these folks.
      Edited by adriant1978 on January 17, 2022 10:58AM
    • Seraphayel
      Seraphayel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Not envious. Just think they could also send such stuff out to random active players as well.

How could they send this stuff to random active players? They don't have any contact details. They do have a program for content creators and streamers though. Additionally, sending that stuff to completely random players has 0 value for the game or the company, it only has for the individual receiving said stuff.
      There are also people who actually do create content in the form of useful web sites full of game info, build write-ups, etc. I guess if anyone is deserving of getting freebies from the devs I'd say it's these folks.

Yeah and those are the guys and girls that benefit by these things.
      Edited by Seraphayel on January 17, 2022 11:53AM
      PS5
      EU
      Aldmeri Dominion
      - Khajiit Arcanist -
    • adriant1978
      adriant1978
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

Yeah and those are the guys and girls that benefit by these things.

No I don't have any figures to back this up, but my gut tells me that there are probably a very small number of genuine "content creators" compared to "influencers" who received a freebie based on the fact they are popular on YouTube or Twitch.

Anyway I'd rather not derail an important thread any further so that's my final word on the matter. :)

• etchedpixels
      etchedpixels
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Man you must be old 8) When I worked in gaming people were doing the offline equivalent and that was the 1980s

It's just a bit of PR fun only now it goes to streamers rather than magazine editors, key reviewers etc

Too many toons not enough time
    • Seraphayel
      Seraphayel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      So the High Isle datamine from early January was true.

How do the ones feel that we’re questioning it?

We‘re going to High Isle!
      PS5
      EU
      Aldmeri Dominion
      - Khajiit Arcanist -
    • dcam86b14_ESO
      dcam86b14_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Still does nothing for me..like what is high isle anyway...made up lore
    • xclassgaming
      xclassgaming
      ✭✭✭✭✭

All lore is made up.
      Give us clannfear mounts!
    • xclassgaming
      xclassgaming
      ✭✭✭✭✭

All lore is made up.

Whoopsie, pressed reply too soon. High Isle is gonna be a breton island it seems, with the legacy of the bretons stuff. i for one am happy with zos making new islands, it's not like ES hasn't before, Solstheim was made up for tes 3 and stros m'kai didn't exist until redguard. Fargrave was pretty cool so a place where zos has 100% originality is gonna be cool.
      Give us clannfear mounts!
    • xgoku1
      xgoku1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Oh wow, the Fandom wiki leak was legit.

Can't believe they're calling the place High Isle. It's not a great name IMO. Sounds like a tongue twister.
    • Seraphayel
      Seraphayel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      xgoku1 wrote: »
      Oh wow, the Fandom wiki leak was legit.

Can't believe they're calling the place High Isle. It's not a great name IMO. Sounds like a tongue twister.

You definitely can still pronounce it even after one or two mugs of beer. I‘m sure being drunk even helps you pronouncing that name, lol.
      PS5
      EU
      Aldmeri Dominion
      - Khajiit Arcanist -
    • dcam86b14_ESO
      dcam86b14_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭

All lore is made up.

Whoopsie, pressed reply too soon. High Isle is gonna be a breton island it seems, with the legacy of the bretons stuff. i for one am happy with zos making new islands, it's not like ES hasn't before, Solstheim was made up for tes 3 and stros m'kai didn't exist until redguard. Fargrave was pretty cool so a place where zos has 100% originality is gonna be cool.

ok no need for the sarcastic reply...you asked a question and then i replied to it...jeeez