Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

New Chapter hints / datamine?

• Mushroomancer
    Mushroomancer
    ✭✭✭✭
    TitusF2 wrote: »
    Prolly one of these two locations?? Dunno.

wemGH6e.jpg

Aren't those both parts of Atmora? The chapter is supposedly set somewhere in the Abecean Sea, so I doubt it.
    PC | EU 1600+ CP

Chews-On-Shrooms - Argonian (EP) | Healer Warden
    I know I have a problem, leave me alone:

Nirya Urayel - Altmer (EP) | Healer/Magicka Templar
    Ulen Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Nightblade
    Anise Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Dragonknight
    Vivienne Rielle - Breton (EP) | Hybrid Healer/Magicka Necromancer
    Gaspar Rielle - Breton (DC) | Magicka Sorcerer
    Ulfgar the Foul - Nord (EP) | Tank Necromancer
    Plays-With-Chains - Argonian (EP) | Tank Dragonknight
    Sonje the Wild - Nord (EP) | Tank Warden
    Brutus Lovidicus - Imperial (EP) | Tank Nightblade
    Velms Ienith - Dunmer (EP) | Tank Sorcerer
    Cassius Lanius - Imperial (EP) | Tank/Stamina Templar
    Shakar-gro-Khazgur - Orc (DC) | Stamina Dragonknight
    Liette Nightwind - Bosmer (AD) | Stamina Nightblade
    Ja'khar the Salty - Khajiit (EP) | Stamina Necromancer
    Saadia al-Tava - Redguard (EP) | Stamina Sorcerer
    Gwinas Hemp-Burner - Bosmer (EP) | Stamina Warden
    Grand Master Crafter, All Dungeon HM up to Stonethorn, vCrag HM, vDSA, vMA, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vHOF HM, vAS+2, Gryphon Heart, vBRP, vSS HM (Extinguisher of Flames),
    vKA HM (Shield of the North), vRG 1/3HM
  • ZigoSid
    ZigoSid
    ✭✭✭✭
    - More grounded story
    - Bretons
    - Zone almost totally new lore wise (and on Nirn, so better.)
    - Factions are back in the story.

For now, it's almost perfect ! :o

Let's hope we have a new weapons skill line for the nice combo.
    Edited by ZigoSid on January 5, 2022 6:48PM
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [
    Zuboko wrote: »
    So if it is the 3 factions (and I don't see why it wouldn't be) then it is either one of two things, they are working together which would imply a bigger threat to all three, or they are competing against each other to get to some new prize.
    If it is the second, then that could suggest a newly opened land or newly discovered land.
    For example, a newly opened path to a previously inaccessible land.

Since Jakkarn is confirmed, my theory is that he set up a group of mercenaries from the 3 alliances, hence the 3 boats, which are headed to this island with hopes to loot its riches but this Breton Armor Knight is not gonna make it be so easy.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @rexagamemnon @NerfSeige Ask and you shall receive.

Got another hint for ya. Hint.

Ok so we have 3 ships heading to an island in the middle of a storm. 1 ship is clearly an AD ship and appears strictly Altmer design. 1 ship is EP and of distinct nordic design. And another ship is DC of Breton design. And a Breton (judging by the armor) is in charge of the island.

So the DC recruit the AD and EP to betray one of their own? 🤔
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It has to be fishy with all that water. Improved fishing? Official recognition of Fishmas? More fishy furnishings? Boat mounts?

Let a khajiit dream ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Fishing update would be very nice!
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Would the continuation of the Three Banner War even make sense after the last Chapters? I don’t think so.

Well part of blackwood’s back story and side story is the 3 banner’s war
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wemGH6e.jpg

I just want to remind you that there is not a single official map with Atomra and Akavir. Especially with Aldemeris. This card is just fan-made.
    PC/EU
  • DagenHawk
    DagenHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    w002exp wrote: »
    I believe the storm actually represents the storm cloaks. Next year's expansion will be The Elder Scrolls Skyrim: Ultimate ESO Edition.

In it your ESO character will find a gaming console housing item which they can use the play The Elder Scrolls Skyrim.

You will get to play as your ESO character playing TES V: Skyrim, how exciting is that?

Not very... the Skyrim community has given me a deep-seated hatred of that title....I honestly don't consider it a TES title.
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wemGH6e.jpg
    Well if we look at the climate in Tamriel and that the areas are close to the northern ice cap, well it did not look like Greenland.
    Jokuda would fit way better but more likely its Hammerfell or the Skingrad areas who fits well.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curious indeed. What would make them all "play nice" and sail over as a group?
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone look at the 3D-map on the table in the beginning? Is it Hew's Bane on the left side of the table? The ships going to Thras?
    Edited by Alexium on January 5, 2022 8:50PM
  • Punches_Below_Belt
    Punches_Below_Belt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Molag Bal, dragons, and Mehrunes Dagon didn’t bring the alliances together but something that does not threaten the destruction of Tamriel does. I’m very confused.
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alexium wrote: »
    Can anyone look at the 3D-map on the table in the beginning? Is it Hew's Bane on the left side of the table? The ships going to Thras?

RUwxXJZ.png

Brightened up a screenshot of the trailer, and yes it does appear to be Hew's Bane .
    Edited by ealdwin on January 5, 2022 8:59PM
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »

Summerset spoiler:
    I'm reminded of the three-alliance armada that, according to Raz, was quickly and conveniently put together to sail to Summerset when the Crystal Tower was about to explode, and then never spoken of again. I always wished we'd get some follow-up on what happened with that, so maybe this is the closest I'm going to get. :D
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    And what about the banner on the left wall? Yellow, dark-red bordered, with unknown symbol on that. Beginning too.
    Edited by Alexium on January 5, 2022 9:29PM
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Molag Bal, dragons, and Mehrunes Dagon didn’t bring the alliances together but something that does not threaten the destruction of Tamriel does. I’m very confused.

...one reason why I don't like the three banners war happening during a daedric invasion.
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, if you accept that ESO is all happening in the same year, all three alliances are dealing with the planemeld, the battle in Cyrodiil, and the destruction of the White Gold Tower. Additionally, the Daggerfall Covenant lost one of its kings to regicide and had weird events happening with the Celestial Warrior, Mage, and Thief. The Aldmeri Dominion had to take care of dragons in Elsywer and Nocturnal taking control of the Crystal Tower (along with the death and succession of the Mane, the Sylvanar and the Green Lady all during this) and the Ebonheart back dealt with a member of the Tribunal losing his divine power and having to make peace with both Eastern Skyrim and the Reach while fending off a Legion of vampires and werewolves. And if this wasn't enough, Blackwood was invaded by Dagonists looking for ancient Imperial weapons and wiped out the Imperial Council.

It's been a terribly busy year in Tamriel.
    Edited by Remathilis on January 5, 2022 11:36PM
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    d217937bd44f622d6795ffd119438ad2.jpg

Seems it's about the Alliance War. Hope that means some additions for PvP as well.

But as you can see the banners have been ripped on the edges.... I believe it just means this is the first zone that is not alliance controlled hence why the ships get wiped off the map in the teaser because none of the alliance stuff matters in this place.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    d217937bd44f622d6795ffd119438ad2.jpg

Seems it's about the Alliance War. Hope that means some additions for PvP as well.

But as you can see the banners have been ripped on the edges.... I believe it just means this is the first zone that is not alliance controlled hence why the ships get wiped off the map in the teaser because none of the alliance stuff matters in this place.

Hope so. I really have zero use for the whole "faction war" thing.
  • Veloth_Redothril
    Veloth_Redothril
    ✭✭✭
    Bretons! We did it, everyone!

But where? They used all of High Rock in the base game already, didn't they?

If the "High Isle" rumors are true then Zos is introducing a completely new landmass/island to the lore. Which is honestly a pretty smart way of doing Breton dlc since High Rock is completely filled out with vanilla content.
  • Gaebriel0410
    Gaebriel0410
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aaaaaah Bretons! <3

The island looks beautiful, the architecture gives me a bit of a southern France vibe. It looks like the building style draws references from both vanilla Breton buildings as well as the heavily Breton-influenced Leyawiin style (especially the archways), which is perfect imo. I like how it looks like a colourful pretty zone, especially after the recent chapters have been fairly dark and moody. I do hope they make good on their mention of grounded TES stories with themes like political intrigue, eager to see some Breton backstabbery and scheming.

I think that, being a game teaser, the approaching ships are more likely to be a representation of the arriving player. Ship combat isn't something I expect at all (would be cool though).
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ealdwin wrote: »
    cmetzger93 wrote: »
    After checking my Iliac Bay map, there is a island off the SW of High Rock called Betony.
    We haven't been there yet. Maybe?
    Just throwing in my 2 drakes.
    Huzzah!

That's just the Breton name for betnikh as far as I know and that is already in the game

Yes, though other way around sort of. Bretons lived on Betony, then the Seamount clan of Orcs took it over and renamed it Betnikh. Later down the road it will return to Breton occupancy and the Betony name. Betnikh is the Orcish name for Betony.

Thank you for the clarification! :)
    Well, can't wait for the YTube lore folks to break this down!!
    ( Hint, hint Camel)!
    Huzzah!

Yep already been watching Hack and a few others, very excited, keep getting new head theories every 3 seconds.
  • deejayvee
    deejayvee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »

Could they be racing each other?
    PC - NA
  • Saxhleel
    Saxhleel
    ✭✭✭
    Just saying, there are two more islands/areas in High Rock that no one mentioned. Caecilly and the Dellese Isles. The former was cast into the void, so I feel the latter would be more likely. The Dellese Isles were randomly name dropped in Morrowind I'm pretty sure, so ESO wouldn't be creating an entirely new region.

EDIT: Caecilly was cast into the void in the Third Era, so Caecilly might be the zone we visit. There is also a map of the region, thanks to Battlespire, also known as the game no one plays.

BS-map-Level_5.png
    Edited by Saxhleel on January 6, 2022 3:33AM
    "What a fool you are. I'm a god. How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence. How could you be so naive? There is no escape. No Recall or Intervention can work in this place. Come. Lay down your weapons. It is not too late for my mercy" — Dagoth Ur

• silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Saxhleel wrote: »
    Just saying, there are two more islands/areas in High Rock that no one mentioned. Caecilly and the Dellese Isles. The former was cast into the void, so I feel the latter would be more likely. The Dellese Isles were randomly name dropped in Morrowind I'm pretty sure, so ESO wouldn't be creating an entirely new region.

EDIT: Caecilly was cast into the void in the Third Era, so Caecilly might be the zone we visit. There is also a map of the region, thanks to Battlespire, also known as the game no one plays.
    Interesting. That's definitely the closest map I've seen resembling the mountainous island inlet in the trailer. The scale seems a bit small for an entire chapter, though.
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerfall / Glenumbra with its classic pseudo-medieval architecture was my favourite for ages, until beautiful Summerset came along and caught my eye. Please, please, please let this new Chapter show off the Breton culture in the way Summerset showed the beauty of the Aldmeri culture.

But it's soooooo long to wait!!

GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
  • xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silvereyes wrote: »

Interesting. That's definitely the closest map I've seen resembling the mountainous island inlet in the trailer. The scale seems a bit small for an entire chapter, though.

The codename for the 2022 Zone is SYS/HI, so could be 2 islands maybe? Caecilly and Dellese
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xgoku1 wrote: »
    silvereyes wrote: »

The codename for the 2022 Zone is SYS/HI, so could be 2 islands maybe? Caecilly and Dellese

Uhm.. HI = High Isle.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -