Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

New Chapter hints / datamine?

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xgoku1 wrote: »
    Hmmm, so I'm guessing:

1. This is gonna be some piracy/sea-adventure themed stuff set on some Abecean island as the main zone.
    2. The geographic clue is 'Dune' which suggests a desert-y main zone, so something in Hammerfell or the Redguard 'sphere'
    3. SYS points to 'the Systres' in the Abecean, the only previously known place in Tamriel that starts with an S and also has Y & S in its name.
    4. Jakarn is involved with the Prologue, who is affiliated with privateers/pirates
    5. We see a Sea/Ocean in this teaser (strong tidal waves), highly likely that it's the Abecean Sea

SYS/HI code indicates that the 'main Zone' might be actually two Islands or places, makes sense as they are known to be smaller than a landmass on the 'continent', say like Summerset. This might allow for faction infighting with proper physical separation of political factions on both the Zones.

1. Pirate related might be possible, but the pirates would be the foes, and I don't see a good deep dive into a race.
    2. Dune could be a misdirect. If it is not, then it is probably Redguard related.
    3. SYS/HI will end up being a surprise to everyone. I do not think it refers to a place, at all.
    4. Jakarn is neither a pirate nor a privateer. He is a con-man and thief.
    5. If the ocean means anything, you are right that it is probably Abecean.

Rich said "something nobody is expecting", which means that either it is something we cannot expect or something we would not think to expect.

My top guess is Redguard and off-Tamriel. The off-Tamriel location will eifher be Aetherius, namely Far Shores, or Yokuda. The latter is definitely an unexpected location.

Second guess is Imperial and in the past. Time travel was introduced in Greymoor, and would be unexpected.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • RedBranch
    RedBranch
    ✭✭✭
    You can’t go wrong with pirates 🏴‍☠️
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WWWAAAYYYY out there theory. Someone else mentioned Aldmeris so I ran with it.

We are sent, by boat, to investigate some disruption and we enter a storm and wake up on this island.

1. We are in Aldmeris, in the Dawn Era
    2. Infighting and political part is Aldmer and what would be future Maomer basically at war
    3. We find out Akatosh had something to do with us coming here
    4. The "playable" race part of Firor's message was a hidden gem, it meant a future playable race... which will be Maomer
    5. Q4 Story DLC takes place in islands like Systres and Thras etc.

Lastly, It strikes me as odd if Rich really said that no one has guessed it because people have guessed so many things lol. 2022 story could be interesting the way it's being built up.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RedBranch wrote: »
    You can’t go wrong with pirates 🏴‍☠️

I couldn't have said it better myself!

• Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine naval combat in ESO. The servers would probably explode.

But honestly, I think it's gonna be a redguard based chapter.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love underwater exploration and a fishing upgrade
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :open_mouth:

At long last it's been discovered ladies and gentlemen....

Tamriel.png

Hype train lets go everyone!! :D WOOT WOOT!!
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Gleitfrosch
    Gleitfrosch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Dwemer with Submarines?
    Or it's just the bathtub of another deadrc prince and we need to prevent him to pull the plug to avoid another world ending catastrophe?
  • xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tamriel.png

Is this datamined? What's the sauce
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭

Tamriel.png

What’s that Australia like island? Checked some maps of Nirn and it’s not there?
    Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tamriel.png

Well the usual preferred sauce of this one depends on the dish - but for a nice piece of fish you can't go wrong with a nice bit of tartare sauce on the side.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's the Epic Quest for Sheogorath's magic sea pants. (soundtrack by Gloryhammer).
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    You want a chapter hint? I got one for ya. Hint.

giphy.gif

FYI this isn't a clip from the upcoming trailer, it's just stock footage of a stormy sea
    Edited by xgoku1 on January 5, 2022 9:21AM
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here´s hoping for Pyandonea!
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok ok ... which previous lives in Tamriel did we get shipwrecked in at the start?

There was a boat in Morrowind - we have already been there so let's rule that out.

Skyrim - been there and it was more of a land based transport beginning.

Now Daggerfall – "You wake and look around the room. Some hours ago, you were in a boat, en route to Daggerfall, when a storm of supernatural strength boiled over the Iliac Bay like a malefic creature. Your boat was destroyed, but you managed to swim through the churning water to a promontory rock."

This is interesting perhaps? Certainly plenty of intrigue to be found in that area. We have already been to Glenumbra but the Bretons, along with the Redguards, seem to be the two most probable races to populate wherever we go.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's just a symbol, we will fight our way through the storm and reach new, unknown shores.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tamriel.png

I guess I made it a little too real.... my bad! :D

Was suppose to be High Isle, I'll just crawl away and wait for the official announcement now... this meme game isnt for me
    Edited by James-Wayne on January 5, 2022 11:09AM
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That great thunder storm over the sea reminds me of when Umbriel appeared on Nirn in the novels. So, maybe High Isle is a flying high island. A landmass that can fly away at the end of the chapter, and so not be Lore or map breaking for TES games set in the future.
    PC EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

FYI this isn't a clip from the upcoming trailer

Wait... does this also mean the Joker is not going to be in the next chapter? :smile:
  • w002exp
    w002exp
    ✭✭✭
    I believe the storm actually represents the storm cloaks. Next year's expansion will be The Elder Scrolls Skyrim: Ultimate ESO Edition.

In it your ESO character will find a gaming console housing item which they can use the play The Elder Scrolls Skyrim.

You will get to play as your ESO character playing TES V: Skyrim, how exciting is that?
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That great thunder storm over the sea reminds me .. [snip]
    That great thunder storm over the sea reminds me of a New World B)
    PC EU
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheese for everyone!
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Naval PvP confirmed.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton focused story in a hammerfell/abecean sea region seems to be the most likely.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I bet SYS/HI means Systres and High Island which means that we will get no one big zone, but at least couple smaller and bigger islands. It makes perfect sense with ocean storm video, because probably there will be a lot of naval/pirates, etc vibe in it. Maybe in zone map there will whole archipelago and we will get some possibility to travel through water between islands...
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet SYS/HI means Systres and High Island which means that we will get no one big zone, but at least couple smaller and bigger islands. It makes perfect sense with ocean storm video, because probably there will be a lot of naval/pirates, etc vibe in it. Maybe in zone map there will whole archipelago and we will get some possibility to travel through water between islands...

What is strange is that Rich said that he had not yet seen anyone guess, but this guess has been out there for months, now.

If this is an accurate guess, maybe he needs to get out more? :tongue:
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There was a zone and subzone mention in mine I saw, pretty much matching this it seems.
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

After removing a few bashing and off-topic posts, we would like to ask everyone to keep posts on the subject at hand, as well as keeping things civil and constructive.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • The3sFinest
    The3sFinest
    ✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

FYI this isn't a clip from the upcoming trailer, it's just stock footage of a stormy sea

🥸
    We have been duped.