Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

New Chapter hints / datamine?

• Harvokaan
    Harvokaan
    ✭✭✭✭
    So High Isle, Thras, Pyandonea or some oblivion plan accessible from giant whirlpools (i think something like that was mentioned in lore). If daedric plane is included then Herma Mora sounds possible as he is connected to the sea (there are some believes that mora have great home at the bottom of the sea, not sure tho if it is confirmed lore or not)
    All option sounds cool
    Edited by Harvokaan on January 4, 2022 7:48PM
  • Gleitfrosch
    Gleitfrosch
    ✭✭✭✭
    So players will be able to build their own ships and become pirates?

Arrrrrr
  • Gleitfrosch
    Gleitfrosch
    ✭✭✭✭
    saf227_ESO wrote: »
    I'm thinking they're bringing The Hunt for Red October to ESO. Makes perfect sense.

Hunt for red October.. wasn't that the Mehrunes Dagon plot line? ... OK it was released on 1st November and not October, but close enough.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think idea of the system of islands off the shore of Hammerfell......might be a good one now....from that teaser.

Or the Maomer......that would be so cool!
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna go with Pyandonea and a Maormer quest line.
    That will so really cool!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Wereshark. That’s it. We are going to the realm of weresharks.

If I see Fonzie on water skis, I am running the other direction... Just sayin' :smile:

LMAO... wonder how many people get that reference...
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Mythgard1967
    Mythgard1967
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Wereshark. That’s it. We are going to the realm of weresharks.

If I see Fonzie on water skis, I am running the other direction... Just sayin' :smile:

LMAO... wonder how many people get that reference...

Getting anything Dwemer for sure would be Jumping the Shark. As much as I love me the dwarves and am tantalized by the mystery.....if that was coming, I know it would be the beginning of the END.

Pretty please Moamer please......with sugar on top.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    You want a chapter hint? I got one for ya. Hint.

giphy.gif

My altmer vestige is sweatdropping :lol: I, on the other hand, am super excited if it's indeed Pyandonea!
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waterworld confirmed.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Death to slaughterfish! We're going out to sea!
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Punches_Below_Belt
    Punches_Below_Belt
    ✭✭✭✭
    If Rich says he hasn’t heard anyone guess correctly, I don’t think it is Maomer. Many people have been expecting that for several years. People have guessed Yokudan and Redguard, Bosmer and Breton also.

Black hearts Haven and the shipwreck in Cold Harbor are two pirate areas. Stros M’kai too I guess and that is where we meet Jakarn initially. I don’t know what to think or how Alkos fits in.
  • Haywire30
    Haywire30
    ✭✭✭
    I think I've got it. The next ESO expansion will be called "Mists of Pyandonea". The framing device will be that a naval conflict in the Three Banners War leads to some shipwrecking on the continent of Pyandonea. As reinforcements close in, the island becomes the newest battleground in the Three Banners War, and each of the factions tries to recruit some of the locals to join in the effort.... and as the war continues on, it unleashes horrors that culminates in King Jorunn deciding to wage war on the entire world after deciding to use forbidden weapons his forces dug up on Pyandonea. This in turn leads to us having to lay siege to Windhelm at the end of the expansion to stop him from destroying the world.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    As soon as the server is up you can data mine the announcement chapter and preorder graphics, first thing on my to do list. :D

But don't spoil anything for anyone else unless its wrapped in a massive spoiler warning.

@James-Wayne Is this true? So today was a patch maintenance that can be datamined?

No download so I'm guessing they learnt from previous years and will now provide the update after announcement.

Start the hype train... Give us Yokuda please 😁👍
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As soon as the server is up you can data mine the announcement chapter and preorder graphics, first thing on my to do list. :D

But don't spoil anything for anyone else unless its wrapped in a massive spoiler warning.

@James-Wayne Is this true? So today was a patch maintenance that can be datamined?

No download so I'm guessing they learnt from previous years and will now provide the update after announcement.

Start the hype train... Give us Yokuda please 😁👍

Yes!!
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haywire30 wrote: »
    I think I've got it. The next ESO expansion will be called "Mists of Pyandonea". The framing device will be that a naval conflict in the Three Banners War leads to some shipwrecking on the continent of Pyandonea. As reinforcements close in, the island becomes the newest battleground in the Three Banners War, and each of the factions tries to recruit some of the locals to join in the effort.... and as the war continues on, it unleashes horrors that culminates in King Jorunn deciding to wage war on the entire world after deciding to use forbidden weapons his forces dug up on Pyandonea. This in turn leads to us having to lay siege to Windhelm at the end of the expansion to stop him from destroying the world.

Looking forward to planting seeds, growing crops and expanding the player operated farm that comes with this expansion.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You had me in the first half.

The Aldmeri Dominion are currently enemies of the Maormer. (Attempted invasion of Auridon?) The Maormer wouldn't side with anyone.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hope we get some legit information tomorrow, even if it’s tiny. What I don’t want is for tomorrow to just be an announcement for the release trailer date and that’s it. Like I’d like to get the race theme and the general theme info.
    Edited by HappyTheCamper on January 5, 2022 12:29AM
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We don't need a Mist of Pandora in ESO 😂

Remember article said it's about a 'playable' race not yet covered in ESO.

That race has to be Redguard.

• Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

We don't need a Mist of Pandora in ESO 😂

Remember article said it's about a 'playable' race not yet covered in ESO.

That race has to be Redguard.

Redguards got a lot of cultural stuff, to them in the base game and even Craglorn and Hews Bane.
    High Rock did get a lot of stuff, but they didn't focus on culture very much, and people feel like they were just made boring and one hundred percent didn't use unique lore for the Bretons, like the Sethiete temple in Camlorn and other unique Breton deities and other cultural facts about them, from TES 2.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on January 5, 2022 1:20AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New storm, weather and sea water effects, that's my guess. The picture are in game graphics.🤞

I'm really hyped though, I love these announcements, very curious on where we'll get to go next.

This would honestly be dope.
  • Saxhleel
    Saxhleel
    ✭✭✭
    So... Michael Kirkbride says that water is memory. Aldmeris is considered a memory of the Dawn Era (also Michael Kirkbride). Water. Memory. Aldmeris. 2022 Chapter: Memories of Aldmeris?

Michael Kirkbride's strange lore fits perfectly. I solved it.
    "What a fool you are. I'm a god. How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence. How could you be so naive? There is no escape. No Recall or Intervention can work in this place. Come. Lay down your weapons. It is not too late for my mercy" — Dagoth Ur

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hope we get some legit information tomorrow, even if it’s tiny. What I don’t want is for tomorrow to just be an announcement for the release trailer date and that’s it. Like I’d like to get the race theme and the general theme info.

Yeah... agree. If they pull a stunt like that, it will just be mean.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well whatever the year content is, this drunken Orc is looking west across the oceans dreaming of a Redguard princess to sweep him off his feet...

Orc-Redguard.png

• xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, so I'm guessing:

1. This is gonna be some piracy/sea-adventure themed stuff set on some Abecean island as the main zone.
    2. The geographic clue is 'Dune' which suggests a desert-y main zone, so something in Hammerfell or the Redguard 'sphere'
    3. SYS points to 'the Systres' in the Abecean, the only previously known place in Tamriel that starts with an S and also has Y & S in its name.
    4. Jakarn is involved with the Prologue, who is affiliated with privateers/pirates
    5. We see a Sea/Ocean in this teaser (strong tidal waves), highly likely that it's the Abecean Sea

SYS/HI code indicates that the 'main Zone' might be actually two Islands or places, makes sense as they are known to be smaller than a landmass on the 'continent', say like Summerset. This might allow for faction infighting with proper physical separation of political factions on both the Zones.
    Edited by xgoku1 on January 5, 2022 2:38AM
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭
    Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NerfSeige wrote: »

Heh. Yes. This tells me that the next story will put us all to sleep. :smile:
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So a storm is coming, unless this is another world ending scenario then by comparison to the Gates of Oblivion it would be a gentle breeze.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean with antiquities and companions they already set a new rock bottom for me when it comes to new features, so the only way is up this time. And I am curious if we finally, after 8 years, get a new weapon skill line.

Fishing 2.0!
    PC NA
  • lethality_ESO
    lethality_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    You want a chapter hint? I got one for ya. Hint.

giphy.gif

Dear lord please let it be naval content :)
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it’s going to be called Warlords of Tamriel, and we will be transported to an alternate dimension in which history played out differently and orcs took over Tamriel and enslaved all the other races, calling themselves the Steel Horde.