Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

New Chapter hints / datamine?

• Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh please let it be Yokuda.... time phased....
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭
    They twerted an image of a stormy sea with a request to check again tommorow ...

So Mermaid Island? Stormseas? Stormlands? Stormy McSeaface?

Anyway this one does not see any sand yet ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Cross your fingers for Meowmer!
    Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    You want a chapter hint? I got one for ya. Hint.

giphy.gif

@ZOS_Kevin I'm now guessing Yokuda, and the twitter picture is of the Maelstrom between the two.
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/56/0c/a4/560ca48effe79a82acdf4fa36df28bd8.jpg
  • Sagetim
    Sagetim
    ✭✭✭
    Let the year of the Dwarf begin...Race and Class
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sagetim wrote: »

Not too likely - I doubt they'll ever "reveal" that mystery. If they do I'll be horribly disappointed.... It's the real mystery for TES of all time.
  • Einher2137
    Einher2137
    ✭✭✭
    Sagetim wrote: »

this would be very bad move for ZOS
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zuboko wrote: »

giphy.gif

@ZOS_Kevin I'm now guessing Yokuda, and the twitter picture is of the Maelstrom between the two.

lore-wise yokuda is destroyed...wouldn't it be more of the lower portion of the islands....
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has to be fishy with all that water. Improved fishing? Official recognition of Fishmas? More fishy furnishings? Boat mounts?

Let a khajiit dream ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zuboko wrote: »

giphy.gif

lore-wise yokuda is destroyed...wouldn't it be more of the lower portion of the islands....

Which would mean that they would have less leftover to work with and that could be a much easier thing to put into the game than something like Akavir, thus still going somewhere new, that will get a lot of hardcore Elder Scrolls fans talking, thus building massive hype for proportionately, minimal effort. Yes, if they go to Yokuda, they then Mr. Tuttle will have his work cut out for him, but beyond that, to build in a few islands, would not be hard to do for a new zone, and for all the Elder Scrolls fanboys like me, it would create a hype train 100 miles long.
    Additionally, it would give them a chance to do a deep dive into what is left of the Redguard's ancestral home.
    Edited by Tornaad on January 4, 2022 5:56PM
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 5:07PM
  • Tiedän
    Tiedän
    ✭✭✭
    Slaughterfish buffs confirmed! :D:p

In all seriousness, I’ve kind of got my fingers crossed for some water/travel mechanics now - naval combat, swimming exploration etc..

"Battle-Born is a name out of legend, sung in the songs of old and heard in deeds of valor for a hundred generations. 'For Clan Battle-Born!' they cry in the mead halls. 'First into the fray and last to quit their ale!'" - Olfrid Battle-Born
    PC/Mac - NA
    Thian Battle-Born - Nord Stamina DK DPS
    Alynu Dreth - Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer DPS
    Reeh-Jah Nisar - Argonian Stamina Nightblade DPS
    Eraldil Riverrun - Bosmer Stamina Warden DPS
    Tsavani Khanai - Khajit Magicka Templar DPS
    Laila The Huntress - Nord Stamina DK Tank
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

If it is a hint to what i think it is, then im going to [snip] my pants for real from excitment.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 7, 2022 2:04PM
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »

giphy.gif
    Seems to fit the Systres/High Isle speculation. Looking forward to tomorrow!

How so?
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 2021 Retrospective (year-end newsletter) here: www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/61335 suggested that the 2022 story arc would be set back in Tamriel (no daedric princes involved), dealing with more conventional political issues (and probably no new major systems?), and focused on one of the Tamriel races that has NOT had a chapter expansion yet (ie. NOT Nord, Altmer, Dunmer, Orc, Imperial, Argonian, Khajiit - I have no idea if Craglorn counts, nor for which race though).

On Youtube, Hack the Minotaur speculated that we are most likely to see a Redguard storyline set in Hammerfell (here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DJ7SD0OLjo ). The chapter codename is apparently "Dune".

ZoS tweeted a stormy sea gif on Bethesda's twitter an hour ago: https://twitter.com/bethesda I have no clue as to how this ties in with the upcoming year's story - it's most likely irrelevant, just a metaphor for a political storm that the player has to navigate through. Something like another riot on Capitol Hill, perhaps, but set in Tamriel?
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on January 4, 2022 6:12PM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

Oh wow, I summoned it with this thread! Mannimarco who? Galerion who?
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 4, 2022 6:08PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

giphy.gif

The Daedric Bathtub confirmed.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had this weird feeling the last couple of days it might be a reveal of Dwemer type.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The storm? The storm sharks will be happy.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    NerfSeige wrote: »
    It's a good point - when is the announcement on this year's stuff?

I thought there was a twitch announcement / stream in January, but maybe I got that wrong ?

I googled earlier and saw that we already know about deadlands last year december. Please @ZOS_GinaBruno, just a little teaser please.

Wasn't this because of a leak/data mine that nuked their announce plans?
    NerfSeige wrote: »
    It's a good point - when is the announcement on this year's stuff?

I thought there was a twitch announcement / stream in January, but maybe I got that wrong ?

I googled earlier and saw that we already know about deadlands last year december. Please @ZOS_GinaBruno, just a little teaser please.

Wasn't this because of a leak/data mine that nuked their announce plans?

Yes. PTS28 had the deadlands for sale on the chapter tab in the crown store - that was September 2020.
    PC EU
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wereshark. That’s it. We are going to the realm of weresharks.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A "new" island is going to appear in the sea...
    oTlubZY.jpg
    PC EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If I see Fonzie on water skis, I am running the other direction... Just sayin' :smile:
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Ranthuk
    Ranthuk
    ✭✭✭

It would so fitting of elder scrolls avoiding giving us werebears that they'd give us the sharks first.

I'm down
  • saf227_ESO
    saf227_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking they're bringing The Hunt for Red October to ESO. Makes perfect sense.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

Hope the storm is not some random snapshot but the part of a hint, like Thras islands, Atmora etc.
    Edited by colossalvoids on January 4, 2022 6:47PM
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New storm, weather and sea water effects, that's my guess. The picture are in game graphics.🤞

I'm really hyped though, I love these announcements, very curious on where we'll get to go next.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    saf227_ESO wrote: »
    I'm thinking they're bringing The Hunt for Red October to ESO. Makes perfect sense.

Plausible, I guess. :smile: Be careful what you cast spells at. Most things there don't react too well to magic.
    Hope the storm is not some random snapshot but the part of a hint, like Thras islands, Atmora etc.

Yes, unless they are being deliberately deceptive and the picture is not directly related to the story, it seems like our destination is the ocean west of Tamriel.

I am still holding out for an Aetherius adventure, though.

(Edit: they can also add entirely new lore, never before seen in any of the Elder Scrolls games, but we would never be able to guess at this, so it is rather pointless to try)
    Edited by Elsonso on January 4, 2022 7:01PM
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, unless they are being deliberately deceptive and the picture is not directly related to the story, it seems like our destination is the ocean west of Tamriel.

(Edit: they can also add entirely new lore, never before seen in any of the Elder Scrolls games, but we would never be able to guess at this, so it is rather pointless to try)

I just remembered or better say was reminded about last datamines having mentions of island groups and coral/piraty themes so yep it makes sense with the waves and stormy weather now in a context.

Aetheric theme can still be here, if Lyranth and next event collectibles to believe.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps budget and the times we live in mean they needed to scale back no? So instead of a zone we get some planks and an ocean and we build our own zone on a raft. Stormraft this one will call it.

Monsters to face will include rats, sharks and woodworm.

All new provisioning recipes will include rum.

Furnishings will be five different kinds of knots and two buckets.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just remembered or better say was reminded about last datamines having mentions of island groups and coral/piraty themes so yep it makes sense with the waves and stormy weather now in a context.

Aetheric theme can still be here, if Lyranth and next event collectibles to believe.

One thing to keep in mind is that Lambert _hates_ data mining and leaks. I would not put it past them to make all clues ferreted out from data mining before today irrelevant to the story that is coming. Actually, I hope they did that. Makes it more fun.