Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Overland Content Feedback Thread

• Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just my 2 cents: I think overland is fine as it is.
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • mickeyx
    mickeyx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play overland for storyline/roleplay/chill/relax. If i want to get hit in face repeatedly i go do veteran content. Making overland hard means losing a sizeable chunk of casual players who are here just for the story. Your average joe player isn't min maxing and wearing full gold armor with perfected weapons.
    Edited by mickeyx on December 14, 2021 9:08PM
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mickeyx wrote: »
    I play overland for storyline/roleplay/chill/relax. If i want to get hit in face repeatedly i go do veteran content. Making overland hard means losing a sizeable chunk of casual players who are here just for the story. Your average joe player isn't min maxing and wearing full gold armor with perfected weapons.

Speaking of story, this whole argument reminds me of the difference between a character villain that personifies human traits by having its own thoughts, feelings, emotions, possibly a reason for why they are 'evil' and a Disney cookie-cutter villain that's just there acting like a robot for the script.

In any interesting story, the hero is not necessarily good and neither will they always win, same thought applies for the villain. However in Overland Content, especially questing, the story doesn't feel real (no matter what gear I've earned in my travels) because my decisions are made for me thru the fact there is nothing to risk, rather than the decisions I make based on how I feel. And for that matter, the player will win 99% of the time whether I fight hard with a plan or not care at all which doesn't sound very casual to me.

It is a theater in which the player always wins and every villain is a bad which means the story itself doesn't matter cause we know how it will end. It makes for a boring experience and almost a waste of time except for the instances where in order to get some desirable reward, I am required to slosh thru some content, with it mandatory for the player to complete before moving on. Mandatory content is not casual being casual is exercising a form of freedom to do otherwise. Meaning I must fight this rather than... solving the problem another way. It almost feels like waiting for my number to come up at the DMV, dealing out holy fire and righteous indignation to the npcs I encounter who are there just because they were told to wait there.

In short, a good story makes you care. If I have no reason to care, then I have no reason to run the content. Mandatory content is not friendly to casual gameplay.
    Edited by Vulkunne on December 15, 2021 2:50AM
    "I know that someday that sun is bound to shine." -Ella Fitzgerald
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Er.... I care about all the overland content. What I do not care for is having to deal with mobs which my "inabilities" (including my age, my aged reflexes, and my extremely high ping due to having only satellite for connection) mean that harder overland than what we have now will make me unable to play at all.

All the stories make me care. And I replay them on every alt (62 currently) - BECAUSE I care about them. What I don't care for is difficulty that will make me unable to actually play....
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Er.... I care about all the overland content. What I do not care for is having to deal with mobs which my "inabilities" (including my age, my aged reflexes, and my extremely high ping due to having only satellite for connection) mean that harder overland than what we have now will make me unable to play at all.

All the stories make me care. And I replay them on every alt (62 currently) - BECAUSE I care about them. What I don't care for is difficulty that will make me unable to actually play....

Age wise I'm getting up there myself. One thing I cannot do is swap around a bunch of different skills like some of these young Thundercats do on their stream. This is why in PvP my goal is to approach a problem in such a manner to try and shorten the fight without rupturing my wrist or tearing thru the nerves running thru the top of my hands ha.

So I can certainly understand people's feelings about this. But for me, which I can only speak for me, sometimes with a problem its how you approach it rather than the problem itself. This is something I learned the hard way recently. Fortunately, even still, that old saying holds true where there's a will there's a way.

But regardless, I think game performance, especially in Cyrodiil is probably more important than anything else right now. Not to say this isn't but PvP is something I do enjoy when the crew are not online and with everyone now running things like Dark Convergenence, it really seems like PvP is crashing and burning. Perhaps a bit off topic but why they add that set to the game, I'll never understand... or maybe more specifically why they don't remove it from at least PvP.
    Edited by Vulkunne on December 15, 2021 3:35AM
  • Jimbru
    Jimbru
    ✭✭✭✭
    My take on overland content is that it's too grindy. Trash mobs dragging us into combat every two steps serves almost no purpose other than to slow players down. And the grinding for trophy achievements and leads is ridiculous, having to kill hundreds or even thousands of a particular mob hoping for a 0.0000001% drop. Reduce the speed bumps, reduce the grind, and speaking from long gaming experience: BEWARE ANYONE WHO TELLS YOU TO MAKE ANYTHING HARDER. They are speaking only for themselves, not for the majority of players.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vulkunne wrote: »

Age wise I'm getting up there myself. One thing I cannot do is swap around a bunch of different skills like some of these young Thundercats do on their stream. This is why in PvP my goal is to approach a problem in such a manner to try and shorten the fight without rupturing my wrist or tearing thru the nerves running thru the top of my hands ha.

So I can certainly understand people's feelings about this. But for me, which I can only speak for me, sometimes with a problem its how you approach it rather than the problem itself. This is something I learned the hard way recently. Fortunately, even still, that old saying holds true where there's a will there's a way.

But regardless, I think game performance, especially in Cyrodiil is probably more important than anything else right now. Not to say this isn't but PvP is something I do enjoy when the crew are not online and with everyone now running things like Dark Convergenence, it really seems like PvP is crashing and burning. Perhaps a bit off topic but why they add that set to the game, I'll never understand... or maybe more specifically why they don't remove it from at least PvP.

I would certainly like the devs to "fix" pvp for those of you who really love it. I don't - I have zero personal interest in pvp - but that doesn't mean I don't understand that for those who truly thrive on that sort of gameplay, the current situation is.... oboy.... I can't actually post that....

Well, I hope the devs can fix it for you!
    Jimbru wrote: »
    My take on overland content is that it's too grindy. Trash mobs dragging us into combat every two steps serves almost no purpose other than to slow players down. And the grinding for trophy achievements and leads is ridiculous, having to kill hundreds or even thousands of a particular mob hoping for a 0.0000001% drop. Reduce the speed bumps, reduce the grind, and speaking from long gaming experience: BEWARE ANYONE WHO TELLS YOU TO MAKE ANYTHING HARDER. They are speaking only for themselves, not for the majority of players.

Eh, Blackwood is a LOT better in that direction. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a zone quite so much, honestly. And with my own limitations I really don't want harder overland, because I see that as shutting me out of the game....
    Edited by Sylvermynx on December 15, 2021 3:47AM
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Initially I thought the same thing however after taking the time to read thru all of this, I am convinced that not having a Veteran Option is unfair to Veteran players because the Overland gaming experience is not balanced for them or for groups. The ability to switch between Normal and Vet already exists for all other PvE Content in the game, already, so it isn't unreasonable to ask for this as well in Overland.

Its like on other threads, instead of us you know... looking over our shoulder or wanting to punish, we should find ways to solve some of these issues based on common ground that's already in the game itself. In fairness this would probably need to be instanced however parts of the game are already done in this manner so again, this is not something that's completely out in left field.

Of course, there are other things probably more important than this in the here and now but anyways.
    Edited by Vulkunne on December 15, 2021 4:08AM
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would certainly like the devs to "fix" pvp for those of you who really love it. I don't - I have zero personal interest in pvp - but that doesn't mean I don't understand that for those who truly thrive on that sort of gameplay, the current situation is.... oboy.... I can't actually post that....

Well, I hope the devs can fix it for you!

Eh, Blackwood is a LOT better in that direction. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a zone quite so much, honestly. And with my own limitations I really don't want harder overland, because I see that as shutting me out of the game....

I understand. Most of the people I hang out with are the best internet friends you can ever hope for. Its just really disheartening not being able to play the game proper and lose a 1v1 or 1v2.

But yeah I hear yah. Hah
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are certainly a lot of issues with pvp - I don't play it and even I know how bad it is from friends. I do think that something should be done. I just have no idea WHAT that "something" is. In other words, I'm a clueless old woman!
  • Necate89
    Necate89
    Soul Shriven
    Why don't simply create a "no-cp outland" option ?
    And give +15 % xp, gold, loot and ressources in this mode.

• colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Speaking of story, this whole argument reminds me of the difference between a character villain that personifies human traits by having its own thoughts, feelings, emotions, possibly a reason for why they are 'evil' and a Disney cookie-cutter villain that's just there acting like a robot for the script.

In any interesting story, the hero is not necessarily good and neither will they always win, same thought applies for the villain. However in Overland Content, especially questing, the story doesn't feel real (no matter what gear I've earned in my travels) because my decisions are made for me thru the fact there is nothing to risk, rather than the decisions I make based on how I feel. And for that matter, the player will win 99% of the time whether I fight hard with a plan or not care at all which doesn't sound very casual to me.

It is a theater in which the player always wins and every villain is a bad which means the story itself doesn't matter cause we know how it will end. It makes for a boring experience and almost a waste of time except for the instances where in order to get some desirable reward, I am required to slosh thru some content, with it mandatory for the player to complete before moving on. Mandatory content is not casual being casual is exercising a form of freedom to do otherwise. Meaning I must fight this rather than... solving the problem another way. It almost feels like waiting for my number to come up at the DMV, dealing out holy fire and righteous indignation to the npcs I encounter who are there just because they were told to wait there.

In short, a good story makes you care. If I have no reason to care, then I have no reason to run the content. Mandatory content is not friendly to casual gameplay.

That's actually my entire issue right there. I won't be as much interested in "vet overland" whatever it might be if we had better writing overall or at the very least something on par with first years of the game to actually care for something and not being in a Disney theme park for a quick ride. It's either story should be captivating or a combat part and in current state it's neither of those, so 4 dungeons a year is my only good questing experience.

Or if pvp would be fixed and I would be able to chose it as my endgame activity instead of just couple of evenings of vet pve which gets so repetitive after all this years.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I stopped questing after Murkmire simply because all the fights are boring like hell. It's not enjoyable and doesn't feel right. When you compare this game to any other, especially single player games where the story actually matters, then this game's difficulty seems to be laughable. Just look at the last big fights in Skyrim or Witcher 3, when you actually need to pay attention not to die and these fights actually LAST. Not end as soon as they begin like in ESO.

To people who keep saying they play overland for the story: for me overland is also the story but this story doesn't matter at all if there is no feel of danger. If the difficulty is so trivial, then there is no credibility in the story. It just feels fake. And where is the immersion if enemies can't even finish their dialogs? In other games I can't wait to see how the plot turns out and what the main antagonist will be, how hard will it be. Not in this game where what should be the most dangerous enemy turns out to be on pair with a mudcrab.

Right now, this game feels like designed to be played with your feet, while eating chips with one hand and petting a cat with the other.

Anyway, I really hope I will be able to play the stories released after Murkmire (when I stopped playing them) but I will only do so if the difficulty changes somehow. I respect that there are people who don't want to feel any threat/risk of danger and would like to have things as they are, but giving other players an option to increase difficulty only for them is essential to keep the game healthy and make the gaming experience satisfying for all players.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't be as much interested in "vet overland" whatever it might be if we had better writing overall or at the very least something on par with first years of the game to actually care for something and not being in a Disney theme park for a quick ride. It's either story should be captivating or a combat part and in current state it's neither of those, so 4 dungeons a year is my only good questing experience.

If you don't find the story captivating now harder mobs isn't going to change that. All that would do is make it take longer to get through quests that you aren't enjoying now.

Tyrion87 wrote: »
    To people who keep saying they play overland for the story: for me overland is also the story but this story doesn't matter at all if there is no feel of danger. If the difficulty is so trivial, then there is no credibility in the story. It just feels fake. And where is the immersion if enemies can't even finish their dialogs?

Don't attack the mob until it has finished its dialog.

Right now, this game feels like designed to be played with your feet, while eating chips with one hand and petting a cat with the other.

A lot of people play this game to relax and have fun, and don't need every single fight to be a challenge.
    PCNA
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't be as much interested in "vet overland" whatever it might be if we had better writing overall or at the very least something on par with first years of the game to actually care for something and not being in a Disney theme park for a quick ride. It's either story should be captivating or a combat part and in current state it's neither of those, so 4 dungeons a year is my only good questing experience.

If you don't find the story captivating now harder mobs isn't going to change that. All that would do is make it take longer to get through quests that you aren't enjoying now.

Vet dungeon quests are evidential in my case, they feel way different. It works same way in any other game, quest might be lame at the very best but encounter might be actually interesting and captivating part of it all.

Difficulty is part of any eso story btw, we've always told the story how impossible the fight is or how it's a world's number one threat and it's always ends in a minute without any resistance whatsoever. It just breaks the story narrative and "hero role" as any npc could do the same, people above are speaking about same issues here. If it's not an issue for you it doesn't make it non issue for others simply.

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vet dungeon quests are evidential in my case, they feel way different. It works same way in any other game, quest might be lame at the very best but encounter might be actually interesting and captivating part of it all.

Difficulty is part of any eso story btw, we've always told the story how impossible the fight is or how it's a world's number one threat and it's always ends in a minute without any resistance whatsoever. It just breaks the story narrative and "hero role" as any npc could do the same, people above are speaking about same issues here. If it's not an issue for you it doesn't make it non issue for others simply.

Of course vet dungeon quests feel different. They are created specifically for vet dungeon content. Overland isn't going to feel the same because it's not challenging content.

I can't think of a single overland quest that claimed a fight was impossible. There are quest bosses to be defeated that a vet geared and experienced player won't find difficult, but most others will.

This is why a debuff to bring the vet level player back down to the same difficulty of the mobs is a very reasonable solution.
    PCNA
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necate89 wrote: »
    Why don't simply create a "no-cp outland" option ?
    And give +15 % xp, gold, loot and ressources in this mode.
    CP doesn't affect anything at all in overland. I played from lvl 1 to lvl 50 with no CPs allocated at all, no armor and nothing else except a single weapon. And it was easily doable with no issues. CPs don't make you strong. The experience and understanding of how to play does. When you don't know about the bash and interruption mechanics, forget to use block, waste stat points into unnecessary stats, etc., you will have troubles with or without CP.
    All you need in overland is put all points into magicka for a mage or into stamina for a weapon-based character, slot 2 heal skills, 2 damage skills and 1 optional buff/debuff, learn that heavy attack restores your resources, interrupt enemies with Right+Left click when they have red stripes telegraph, use block when you see the yellow stripes, don't stand in red circles. And that's it. Oh, and get a weapon, any weapon of an appropriate class (staff for a mage, anything else for a stamina fighter), fighting with bare fists is actually quite hard even in overland.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    But, if people want to keep it as is that’s fine, but don’t be surprised when endgamers like myself go else were.

Players come and go in every MMO. They get burned out, try the newest shiny, come back, leave again. It's the nature of the beast.

Although I don't know why overland would run out end gamers, when there is a ton of end game content in this game.

Meh, whatever am just saying my piece so zos knows there is another player that don’t like the game being a level 10 zone.

Do you really believe that vet overland would keep you engaged for long? Wouldn't you eventually get bored once you figured things out and it was no longer as challenging? That point would always come. How much would be figuring out and how much would just be having longer fights?

Keep in mind that making lots of strong overland content would require a huge amount of development work.

A related question would be how long the hard parts of recent chapters and DLCs kept you engaged? I am guessing "not long is the answer" but please correct me if it is otherwise. (You would be unlikely to want harder overland if your were still busy with those, for example.)

If they did not, why would harder overland keep you engaged significantly longer?
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on December 17, 2021 5:00AM
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ermiq wrote: »
    CP doesn't affect anything at all in overland. I played from lvl 1 to lvl 50 with no CPs allocated at all,.

I **think** (as in I seem to remember reading this somewhere) that the whole game is leveled to CP160 and so from level 1 to level 50 it is an even playing field.
    I have 3x accounts, partially as I enjoy building alts, partially as I wanted that "new game" feeling.
    With a new account I do not have the CP and I do not have a big brother or sister to craft me some starter armour.
    What I do have is the mussel memory and knowledge of how the game plays.
    I am not good - I die. But overall the game is easier for me.
    What makes the game "tough" is the volume of mobs, it takes time to kill them and move on,
    From my perspective less random and more meaningful interactions would have the potential to make the game flow better.

I respect thought that with full CP and good armour and my knowledge of the game, it is a little too easy.

Maybe it would be possible to have an option on your character, a multiplier, that "de buffed" your CP relative to the environment so you become CP-160 as a base relative to the environment and then your additional CP above 160 have a 75% reduction in impact/improvement.
  • Amethyst_Unearthed
    Amethyst_Unearthed
    ✭✭✭
    I am not a fan of the "sticker books" limitations/restrictions on gear farming. If i have picked up and equipped the set im farming means i can no longer farm it and i love farming gear....i think the ability to craft said piece(s) is more then enough without taking away the option to farm on said account beacuse stickerbook has the set im wanting to farm.

XBOX ONE PLAYER
  • mickeyx
    mickeyx
    ✭✭✭✭

To people who keep saying they play overland for the story: for me overland is also the story but this story doesn't matter at all if there is no feel of danger. If the difficulty is so trivial, then there is no credibility in the story. It just feels fake. And where is the immersion if enemies can't even finish their dialogs?

A lot of people play this game to relax and have fun, and don't need every single fight to be a challenge.

Amen
  • mickeyx
    mickeyx
    ✭✭✭✭

It's all subjective isn't it? what constitutes a good story and what's not? for me, its amazing compared to other MMOS which simply tell me to collect 10 tails or 10 meat. This is the only MMO where i can run my 10th alt through stories and still never get bored. Each to their own.
  • LashanW
    LashanW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all subjective isn't it? what constitutes a good story and what's not? for me, its amazing compared to other MMOS which simply tell me to collect 10 tails or 10 meat. This is the only MMO where i can run my 10th alt through stories and still never get bored. Each to their own.
    It is indeed subjective (that's why whatever changes happen to overland, they must be optional). For some people good gameplay is important to enjoy a good story.

People like me can't even finish running my main character through the stories, nevermind my 16 alts. I get bored to death in less than half an hour.
    Edited by LashanW on December 17, 2021 10:08AM
    ---No longer active in ESO---
    Platform: PC-EU
    CP: 2500+
    Trial Achievements
    Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
    vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
    Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you serious? [snip]
    And where exactly I said to make the fights challenging to ALL the players? I clearly said that players should have a choice. This game is all about 'playing as you want' after all. [snip] 'A lot of people' you say? To a lot of people challenge means having fun. And if this is an option, your 'a lot of people' can still relax, while others are having fun.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 17, 2021 12:11PM
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    I know people hate hearing about the game, but World of Warcraft had a really good balance on this at it's launch. You could solo basically everything, but there were some quests with elites that you needed to see out help for, which is what an MMO should be about.

I would quit any game that made me need a group to do every little thing. It would be a really easy uninstall. For me, being able to do the quests on my own is non-negotiable.

So you didn't read anything I said. You didn't need a group for everything, but still every zone had 1 maybe 2 quests you needed a group for. Nothing that was required to "move" the main story line along or anything though.

I'm not trying to get in a fight, but if you don't want to group for any content then go play Skyrim's latest release. This is a game with 1000s of available people to play with, but you don't even have to acknowledge they are there basically. If that is what they really want then they should just change the name of this game to TES 6 cause isn't an MMO.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Norgh wrote: »
    If someone wants to spend 3 minutes killing a wolf that's fine, but my wife and I prefer as it is.

Nobody is asking for this, but you also shouldn't be able to just run through the zone picking up 50 mobs and killing them in a couple attacks either.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know people hate hearing about the game, but World of Warcraft had a really good balance on this at it's launch. You could solo basically everything, but there were some quests with elites that you needed to see out help for, which is what an MMO should be about.

I would quit any game that made me need a group to do every little thing. It would be a really easy uninstall. For me, being able to do the quests on my own is non-negotiable.

So you didn't read anything I said. You didn't need a group for everything, but still every zone had 1 maybe 2 quests you needed a group for. Nothing that was required to "move" the main story line along or anything though.

I'm not trying to get in a fight, but if you don't want to group for any content then go play Skyrim's latest release. This is a game with 1000s of available people to play with, but you don't even have to acknowledge they are there basically. If that is what they really want then they should just change the name of this game to TES 6 cause isn't an MMO.

I did read what you said.

You stated there should be quests for which grouping is required, and I disagreed.

PvE can basically broken down to

Trials, Arenas, Dungeons, Quests, and Overland.

The majority of those things already require grouping, thus one of the only activities that do not should NOT require grouping. It doesn't need to be required for every activity and quests not requiring grouping is non-negotiable for me. The group delves in Craglorn are tedious. And group questing was very unfun back in the day. It makes hearing dialogue at your own pace considerably worse. Leave grouping to content where story isn't the emphasis imo.

I guess you did not consider that this game is already designed for grouping for the majority of pve activities, but I think "I don't want to group for everything" as "I only want to play solo" is a strawman. I am playing the proper game as I enjoy the way it is currently designed, thanks.
    But you also shouldn't be able to just run through the zone picking up 50 mobs and killing them in a couple attacks either.

Why not?
    Edited by spartaxoxo on December 17, 2021 3:35PM
  • Harvokaan
    Harvokaan
    ✭✭✭✭
    But you also shouldn't be able to just run through the zone picking up 50 mobs and killing them in a couple attacks either.

Why not?

Maybe because it looks stupid and is anticlimatic [snip], especially when you perform such actions as low level nobody and have no issues doing so. Vestige is not demigod, powerful yes but even dragonborn in skyrim couldn't do such things.

Maybe you find it fun, good for you. But some players might want to at least feel danger in such situations.
    I can't think of a single overland quest that claimed a fight was impossible. There are quest bosses to be defeated that a vet geared and experienced player won't find difficult, but most others will.

A lot of quests build up those "really hard fights with low chances for success". Faolchu in Gelnumbra supposed to be almost impossible to defeat, dies in 3-4 seconds. Dagoth from current year long story expansion. Rada from Greymoor. Damn Mannimarco is one of the most powerful necros in elder scrolls, dies in couple seconds.
    Lore wise a lot of quest enemies are tough and often super dangerous. Gameplay wise most of them are dead after couple seconds. If it fits your power fantasy, good for you. But I think it is really understandable why ppl expect those fights to be more meaningfull and harder.
    Ludonarrative dissonance at its finest

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 17, 2021 7:24PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harvokaan wrote: »

A lot of quests build up those "really hard fights with low chances for success".

Where does the game claim this? I have never had a quest tell me that a boss fight would be a really hard fight with a low chance for success. What I am told is that I am the one who can defeat this boss and save others from this threat.
    Edited by SilverBride on December 17, 2021 7:13PM
    PCNA
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am not a fan of the "sticker books" limitations/restrictions on gear farming. If i have picked up and equipped the set im farming means i can no longer farm it and i love farming gear....i think the ability to craft said piece(s) is more then enough without taking away the option to farm on said account beacuse stickerbook has the set im wanting to farm.

What good is farming gear that is automatically bound (dungeon gear)? Yeah, you may save a bit from making things from the stickerbook, but that is minor and those costs can be rearned.

The value to those who need the other pieces is far greater.

A flag here might be nice, though it could take a bit too much effort to implement that.
    PC
    PS4/PS5