Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Overland Content Feedback Thread

• SlipKnot
    SlipKnot
    ✭✭
    Hi, i come back to the game since 2015 to see whats new, and i just see this problem of difficulty.

Summ0004 aware me about this thread when i posted about this.

There is no new about zenimax to solve this problem?

Thaanks
  • LashanW
    LashanW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SlipKnot wrote: »
    Hey there, I believe the following is the most recent news from ZoS we have at the moment.
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All, as many of you have noted already from Rich's interview, there are no current plans for changing the structure of overland content. It is something we will continue to look at, so constructive feedback is always appreciated.

The purpose of this thread is to collect constructive feedback so if there is an opportunity to make changes, we have feedback from players to possibly incorporate. However, if the conversation continues to be users arguing with each other, we will lock this thread. We understand not everyone will agree with the statement. However, you can disagree and voice it without pushing the buttons of other forum users.

As always, please follow the community guidelines.

IKYMI: Rich's Quote on Overland Content
    "That's a difficult one because difficulty is definitely subjective. We have millions of players that play The Elder Scrolls Online, and a large portion of them find the game hard and the Overland content challenging, especially as a new player when you don't have gold, all the gear, and Champion Points. Ultimately it comes down to, if we make the game harder, what are the incentives for players to play it at the harder level? That opens up a whole huge can of worms. I also look back and remember we had harder Overland content. We had Cadwell Silver, we had Cadwell Gold, and players really didn't like it. It was too hard for them, and when we did One Tamriel, we ripped all that out based on player feedback. Like, nobody did it. So it's a challenging subject and a difficult question to answer. All I can really say is we're definitely looking at it, but we don't have any major changes planned for the Overland difficulty."
    ---No longer active in ESO---
    Platform: PC-EU
    CP: 2500+
    Trial Achievements
    Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
    vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
    Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
  • SlipKnot
    SlipKnot
    ✭✭
    LashanW wrote: »
    SlipKnot wrote: »
    Hey there, I believe the following is the most recent news from ZoS we have at the moment.
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All, as many of you have noted already from Rich's interview, there are no current plans for changing the structure of overland content. It is something we will continue to look at, so constructive feedback is always appreciated.

The purpose of this thread is to collect constructive feedback so if there is an opportunity to make changes, we have feedback from players to possibly incorporate. However, if the conversation continues to be users arguing with each other, we will lock this thread. We understand not everyone will agree with the statement. However, you can disagree and voice it without pushing the buttons of other forum users.

As always, please follow the community guidelines.

IKYMI: Rich's Quote on Overland Content
    "That's a difficult one because difficulty is definitely subjective. We have millions of players that play The Elder Scrolls Online, and a large portion of them find the game hard and the Overland content challenging, especially as a new player when you don't have gold, all the gear, and Champion Points. Ultimately it comes down to, if we make the game harder, what are the incentives for players to play it at the harder level? That opens up a whole huge can of worms. I also look back and remember we had harder Overland content. We had Cadwell Silver, we had Cadwell Gold, and players really didn't like it. It was too hard for them, and when we did One Tamriel, we ripped all that out based on player feedback. Like, nobody did it. So it's a challenging subject and a difficult question to answer. All I can really say is we're definitely looking at it, but we don't have any major changes planned for the Overland difficulty."

Thanks for the repost!

So sad to me read thats no change planned to this.
    Its hard to me to belive that someone finds hard a game when you can literally stare in front of an any "boss enemy" hitting you for minutes without doing any damage, and if you make a normal attack you take away half of his life bar. i can understand if you said that for the first hours of the game but... the whole pve overworld? Sorry but no...
    Its sound more to me like an excuse.
    So sad they ruined the game in thay way...
    When i play it in the first release that doesnt happend...
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eo8jMELKG2f07jjIS0ns143BnPJ-SbYScRTTItlXvFQiXxYk6JJ5m7fZBdI0fEMq_xMeAXDkJkvrRxUl7rDtqS2f.jpg?size=1080x1054&quality=95&type=album
    PC/EU
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eo8jMELKG2f07jjIS0ns143BnPJ-SbYScRTTItlXvFQiXxYk6JJ5m7fZBdI0fEMq_xMeAXDkJkvrRxUl7rDtqS2f.jpg?size=1080x1054&quality=95&type=album

Don't want to be a doom and gloom sower but he'd be disappointed probably yet again.
  • Daraklus
    Daraklus
    ✭✭✭✭
    And this is why I have no plans to get the new expansion, at least the foreseeable future.

I was disappointed by Blackwood and its narrative and how the big bad just fell over, don't want to experience a repeat of the disappointment.
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would like to show you a second episode of my 'naked adventures'. This time I went to a group dungeon. This was quite enjoyable expedition. I think I would like overland questing to have this level of difficulty, but with some adjustments to have a reason to wear some armor obviously :smile:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OwgMGqGDfE
    PS: I made a thread with this video in the General Discussion section because I initially thought it's not related to this thread about the overland. However, I just ended up writing my rant about easy overland in that thread. Now I feel a bit guilty for that. :neutral:
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ermiq wrote: »
    Would like to show you a second episode of my 'naked adventures'. This time I went to a group dungeon. This was quite enjoyable expedition. I think I would like overland questing to have this level of difficulty, but with some adjustments to have a reason to wear some armor obviously :smile:
    PS: I made a thread with this video in the General Discussion section because I initially thought it's not related to this thread about the overland. However, I just ended up writing my rant about easy overland in that thread. Now I feel a bit guilty for that. :neutral:

I did the same thing and I agree, public dungeons are enjoyable without armor and low level weapons.

Thanks for the video!
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Post by theloons on Reddit

Ironman permadeath ruleset. Wish me luck.

This definitely isn't everyone's cup of tea, but my biggest gripe with ESO since One Tamriel has been the (lack of) difficulty. I need a challenge to stay invested. I also like the sense of exploration that older MMOs provided. Modern MMO's have trivialized death penalty, traversing the game world, individual monster encounters, etc. There is nothing wrong with that, and it's probably led to the growth of the genre in general, but I find myself wishing, as many others do, that there were difficulty modifiers to help make a challenge for those who want it. LOTRO has something like this on certain servers--an adjustable difficulty. You can always gimp yourself artificially in ESO by not wearing armor, not using CP, etc., but there has to be some form of character progression or I can't be invested either. The goal of this is to, therefore:

- Add a challenge and greater risk to the game
    - Help facilitate exploration
    - Get away from the 'check-off zone A, move on to zone B' mentality I typically have with this game, that gets too formulaic after a while (this isn't entirely eliminated, but I'm making allowances for other things to break it up some)

To try to capture what I am looking for, I have come up with a ruleset for my newest character, a DK, that I am hoping will give me what I am looking for.

First off, I'm using certain immersion mods, such as True Exploration to require maps to be explored, No Compass to disable the compass and a few others. These are personal tastes, and the general rules could still be followed by someone not interested in using these mods (or someone who can't, such as console players).

Finally, here are the actual rules:

- No fast travel unless required (using a boat to get to an island)
    - No using gold or items from another character, mine or otherwise
    - Only gear found by the character or crafted by the character is permitted.
    - Permadeath, with the following exceptions: PvP, group dungeons*, and arenas.
    - No CP before level 50 (after hitting 50, I will likely use CP)

* if I enter a dungeon solo, permadeath still applies. I like soloing dungeons, so this will force me to take those encounters seriously.

Other things I am doing which are adding to the exploration and fun for me at least are when I get a treasure map, I'm traveling to that zone to handle it. Right now for instance I am in Deshaan and got a Deadlands map, so later on I'll be making the journey to Fargrave and finding that treasure. I'll do sidequests that I run into along the way but otherwise will probably head back to Deshaan afterward.

The biggest risk is likely going to be WBs. I still plan on completing those (and I am using a mod that shows them as incomplete, overriding the new normal of WB completion being account-wide). Even teaming up with someone, WBs can be a risk so will have to watch out for those.

Anyway, sorry for my rant, just wanted to share this ruleset and see if anyone had any feedback, or if there is anything I'm not considering that may necessitate an adjustment. I want a fun permadeath challenge--locking myself out of PvP and group dungeons is not really going to be fun, so that's why I'm making those allowances. I may consider having permadeath count for solo arenas, but probably not--I don't think it would be fun to do that for vMA, for instance. Thanks for reading, if anyone bothered to do so1

Anyone can find a way to still enjoy the game if they chose to.

It's an RPG game, it's way more fun to roleplay while playing in my experience.

Some content is way too easy other is way to hard.

But that won't stop me from figuring out a way to enjoy the game.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ermiq wrote: »

I did the same thing and I agree, public dungeons are enjoyable without armor and low level weapons.

Thanks for the video!

You see, people are different - what I have seen in that video is 40 minutes of stressful gameplay - I guess most would not enjoy that and especially not on a regular basis and everywhere in overland. If you want that, fine, if it is nicely tucked away and out of sight - because otherwise we casuals can no longer enjoy overland - this is just meaningless combat, not RPG.
    Edited by Lysette on June 10, 2022 6:33AM
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »

Thanks for the video!

You see, people are different - what I have seen in that video is 40 minutes of stressful gameplay - I guess most would not enjoy that and especially not on a regular basis and everywhere in overland. If you want that, fine, if it is nicely tucked away and out of sight - because otherwise we casuals can no longer enjoy overland - this is just meaningless combat, not RPG.

You are right Lysette and I always appreciate your insights but I really feel we should applaud the solutions and ideas that get posted here to find a way for everyone to enjoy the game and engage into the stories ZOS so carefuly crafted.

You've already made your point and I think most people, if not everyone, agrees that that difficulty should always be optional.

However at this point I feel it's not very constructive to see a post with an opinion or idea on difficulty and to see it get countered almost immediatly with the argument that not everyone likes more difficulty in their games.

A discussion like this shouldn't be about being for or against it. There are more than one hundred pages on this discussion, there's clearly a desire for this, so, in the absence of any reliable data, this should be about possible implementations and opportunities that fit for everyone.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the video!

You are right Lysette and I always appreciate your insights but I really feel we should applaud the solutions and ideas that get posted here to find a way for everyone to enjoy the game and engage into the stories ZOS so carefuly crafted.

You've already made your point and I think most people, if not everyone, agrees that that difficulty should always be optional.

However at this point I feel it's not very constructive to see a post with an opinion or idea on difficulty and to see it get countered almost immediatly with the argument that not everyone likes more difficulty in their games.

A discussion like this shouldn't be about being for or against it. There are more than one hundred pages on this discussion, there's clearly a desire for this, so, in the absence of any reliable data, this should be about possible implementations and opportunities that fit for everyone.

Not just optional, but as well out of sight - if I would see this kind of combat in overland, this would ruin my immersion totally. Why would people live in such a land and create cities and towns there, if it would be that dangerous there. This would not make any sense. This kind of overly difficult combat has no place in normal overland - it just makes no sense. Tucked away in a dungeon, fine, but not in overland.

You don't seem to understand, that more difficulty caters just your needs, but is out of place in overland (at least outdoors), because no one would want to live in such a country-side, which would be so terribly dangerous. Why build cities there and towns and make a living, if it is that likely to not live for long there. It has to make some sense as well story-wise - and it just doesn't do that.
    Edited by Lysette on June 10, 2022 12:09PM
  • LashanW
    LashanW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not just optional, but as well out of sight - if I would see this kind of combat in overland, this would ruin my immersion totally. Why would people live in such a land and create cities and towns there, if it would be that dangerous there. This would not make any sense.
    Hmm how would you feel about optional difficulty sliders? Things like greatly increasing damage taken and reducing max health and mitigation. They'd be completely optional but perhaps not exactly "out of sight".
    If such a thing is implemented, I'd definitely be using that and I'll be questing in overland. And me fighting quest enemies under such conditions would probably look a lot more hectic than on that video. I hate heavy attacking so I'd be LA weaving with minimal downtime between my skills. Would seeing me doing a quest like that in overland ruin your immersion?
    You don't seem to understand, that more difficulty caters just your needs, but is out of place in overland (at least outdoors), because no one would want to live in such a country-side, which would be so terribly dangerous. Why build cities there and towns and make a living, if it is that likely to not live for long there. It has to make some sense as well story-wise - and it just doesn't do that.
    Current stories in overland makes no sense to me whatsoever. Everyone in Glenumbra is scared of Angof and he is utterly confident in his plan to take over the entire zone of Glenumbra. But when I go to stop him, he's just a cardboard clown with ~120k health. He dies in seconds while I don't even get a scratch (and it's not like I dodged or blocked his attacks with pin-point precision, I just STOOD there in front of him). A regular ghost enemy in Wayrest sewers 2 has more health and is more threatening than that on NORMAL difficulty.

You are not the only one whose immersion is ruined when gameplay doesn't match the story telling.
    ---No longer active in ESO---
    Platform: PC-EU
    CP: 2500+
    Trial Achievements
    Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
    vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
    Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your immersion isn't anyhow more important than my immersion. Things "as is" are far from immersive on my part, not immersive also from NPC's descriptions of what's going on in a world so it's definitely would fit in the overland having a difficulty not "tucked away". Optional, sure, but that's already a given in this thread to point out every single post.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Presumably cities would never have been built in Glenumbra if Glenumbra had always been populated by Dark Anchors, Angof, and active necromancers. The whole point of nearly every quest is precisely that something new and uniquely bad which threatens those living nearby is happening. It's the fact that this point is not reflected in actual gameplay which threatens immersion for so many of us.
    Your immersion isn't anyhow more important than my immersion. Things "as is" are far from immersive on my part, not immersive also from NPC's descriptions of what's going on in a world so it's definitely would fit in the overland having a difficulty not "tucked away". Optional, sure, but that's already a given in this thread to point out every single post.
    Like Aardappelboom said very well, now that we're 122 pages into the thread we all know by now that some people are happy with the status quo and we have all agreed that any changes should be optional. No proposed change here would threaten the immersion of the vast majority of those who don't opt into them because they wouldn't change their gameplay. Pointing out that you want things to stay the way they are is, at this point, unconstructive and beside the point of the thread. Those whose only contribution is to point out that they don't see the need for a change, I would respectfully ask you to consider what new, constructive thing you're contributing to a solutions-oriented thread by coming here to again say you prefer things the way they are.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LashanW wrote: »
    Not just optional, but as well out of sight - if I would see this kind of combat in overland, this would ruin my immersion totally. Why would people live in such a land and create cities and towns there, if it would be that dangerous there. This would not make any sense.
    Hmm how would you feel about optional difficulty sliders? Things like greatly increasing damage taken and reducing max health and mitigation. They'd be completely optional but perhaps not exactly "out of sight".
    If such a thing is implemented, I'd definitely be using that and I'll be questing in overland. And me fighting quest enemies under such conditions would probably look a lot more hectic than on that video. I hate heavy attacking so I'd be LA weaving with minimal downtime between my skills. Would seeing me doing a quest like that in overland ruin your immersion?
    Current stories in overland makes no sense to me whatsoever. Everyone in Glenumbra is scared of Angof and he is utterly confident in his plan to take over the entire zone of Glenumbra. But when I go to stop him, he's just a cardboard clown with ~120k health. He dies in seconds while I don't even get a scratch (and it's not like I dodged or blocked his attacks with pin-point precision, I just STOOD there in front of him). A regular ghost enemy in Wayrest sewers 2 has more health and is more threatening than that on NORMAL difficulty.

You are not the only one whose immersion is ruined when gameplay doesn't match the story telling.

hm, yes you have a point there as well. It's simply hard to get it right for everyone, that is why I would like to have that separated from each other - that I mean with "out of sight" - you wouldn't have to deal with casual "difficulty" and we wouldn't have to see this stressful combat.

If it is not separated, you won't be happy as well - because the next casual might just come along and take the victory from you, because he can strike the same enemy dead in seconds - to mix both difficulties in the same instance is asking for trouble. Both sides won't be happy with it.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    Pointing out that you want things to stay the way they are is, at this point, unconstructive and beside the point of the thread. Those whose only contribution is to point out that they don't see the need for a change, I would respectfully ask you to consider what new, constructive thing you're contributing to a solutions-oriented thread by coming here to again say you prefer things the way they are.

The whole point of this thread was to stop the weekly threads on the topic that would quickly devolve and be locked only to be replaced by another. This was causing a negative experience for many posters so they created one thread to discuss overland.

But discussing overland content does not mean just discussing a change or a solution to a problem that many do not even see as a problem. Many of us are happy with things just as they are and this is valid feedback.
    Edited by SilverBride on June 10, 2022 5:15PM
    PCNA
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, it is as well important for ZOS to know, that people like me feel threatened by this - that my investment in the game, be it time or money, might be just invalidated by people, who do not care much about immersion, and just want to fight everywhere and mess things up for the rest of us, who are enjoying overland just as it is - it is a threat and that is why I'm defending how it is. And if it is going to happen, then best "out of sight" - because it will just mess up the enjoyment of the game for many. Your gameplay and ours is so different, that it's best separated from each other.
    Edited by Lysette on June 10, 2022 6:09PM
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    people, who do not care much about immersion, and just want to fight everywhere
    You have to know that is not a fair characterization of us. The reason I'm invested in this topic is only because I care about immersion, and it's unimmersive for quest dialogue (about how dangerous quest enemies are) and gameplay experience (no danger) to be so wildly out of sync. It's helpful to acknowledge that immersion means different things for different players, instead of acting like you and people who agree with you are the only ones who care about immersion.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    discussing overland content does not mean just discussing a change or a solution to a problem that many do not even see as a problem. Many of us are happy with things just as they are and this is valid feedback.
    It is definitely valid feedback! That you have given. Over and over. And the fact that every solution people are asking for in this thread is optional means you would likely be unaffected by any change anyway. I'm simply asking for people who feel the need to continually restate their opposition to changes that are unlikely to affect them to ask themselves if there is a way for them to do that constructively, and if not to adjust accordingly.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    discussing overland content does not mean just discussing a change or a solution to a problem that many do not even see as a problem. Many of us are happy with things just as they are and this is valid feedback.
    It is definitely valid feedback! That you have given. Over and over. And the fact that every solution people are asking for in this thread is optional means you would likely be unaffected by any change anyway. I'm simply asking for people who feel the need to continually restate their opposition to changes that are unlikely to affect them to ask themselves if there is a way for them to do that constructively, and if not to adjust accordingly.

Those asking for a change to overland have also given their feedback over and over.

I know some of the solutions offered are optional but that doesn't mean they don't have a negative effect on the entire player base. A separate veteran overland would split the player base. Increased rewards for more difficult content would be unfair to those who may never be powerful enough to seek these.

Also, overland quests can only be played once per character. In my opinion it would be a big undertaking to create something that can only be done a finite number of times. And as Rich pointed out it would open up a huge can of worms. This is probably one reason they have decided not to make any major changes to overland at this time.

To reiterate, this thread was not created to find a solution for overland difficulty. It was created to address multiple threads creating a negative experience for many forum posters and to keep the discussion in one place.
    Edited by SilverBride on June 10, 2022 7:42PM
    PCNA
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like Aardappelboom said very well, now that we're 122 pages into the thread we all know by now that some people are happy with the status quo and we have all agreed that any changes should be optional. No proposed change here would threaten the immersion of the vast majority of those who don't opt into them because they wouldn't change their gameplay. Pointing out that you want things to stay the way they are is, at this point, unconstructive and beside the point of the thread. Those whose only contribution is to point out that they don't see the need for a change, I would respectfully ask you to consider what new, constructive thing you're contributing to a solutions-oriented thread by coming here to again say you prefer things the way they are.

Not sure can see why you mentioned me whilst saying that I "want things to stay they way they are" to my reply for Lysette. But feel free to check my solutions given on various pages starting from the very beginning of the thread, everything is here and mentioned/repeated at times not even once to do it again.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a poster just like what 5 pages ago that wanted a forced increase in difficulty to the level of difficulty that was found in the game prior to One Tamriel (own zone difficulty, not Silver and Gold).

I strongly disagreed with that opinion, but it also valid feedback. Anyone who wants a forced overland should feel just as free to post here as those who want an optional difficulty increase or none at all.

This thread is not solely for the holders of any particular opinion. Whether you want overland's difficulty to increase forcibly, overland to have an optional difficulty increase (regardless of solution e.g. separate instance or debuff sliders), or Overland to remain exactly the way it is, this thread is for you. This thread is explicitly for ALL feedback concerning Overland difficulty.

As for repetitiveness, all opinions have been repeated her a lot already. "I think Overland is or is not immersive at this current difficulty level" has been repeated in many different forms for hundreds of pages. This thread stopped having anything at all new to say ages ago, except a few videos that just illustrate points already made ages ago. But hey at least those added some visuals to the ideas.

At this point, all ideas are repeated and all posters are welcome in this thread. Because that's what we are supposed to be discussing. Overland. Not each other.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on June 10, 2022 7:55PM
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well, it is as well important for ZOS to know, that people like me feel threatened by this - that my investment in the game, be it time or money, might be just invalidated by people, who do not care much about immersion, and just want to fight everywhere and mess things up for the rest of us, who are enjoying overland just as it is - it is a threat and that is why I'm defending how it is. And if it is going to happen, then best "out of sight" - because it will just mess up the enjoyment of the game for many. Your gameplay and ours is so different, that it's best separated from each other.

How would you be able to tell the difference between a 600CP that was taking on a more challeging opponent and a CP600 that was struggling with normal difficulty? The argument that someone else struggling in content, or perhaps having to work harder, is immersion breaking isnt one with any merit. Its potentially happening now. Unless youre suggesting removing those players from the instance as well, it shouldnt be an issue.

As far as immersion goes, theres nothing more immersion breaking to me that a boss dying in seconds.

Im not sure how me sprinting by a delve boss and nuking them as I run by to grab the skyshard is contributing to any players immersion. Im not sure there much that frustrated me more as new player than vet players having such disregard for new players. As it turns out, most were probably just playing the same as I was.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I mean...both sides have been posting their feedback over and over and over. You can't claim it's just one person because their opinion is different from yours. Most of the pages in this thread have been the same people repeating the same things, sometimes rewording them or something but still the same in essence. It's one reason I've largely stopped replying, because clearly neither side is going to see eye-to-eye with the other. The suggestions that have been made have been made again and again. At this point this thread is mostly just containing everything in one spot, rather than having it come up again and again week after week.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How would you be able to tell the difference between a 600CP that was taking on a more challeging opponent and a CP600 that was struggling with normal difficulty? The argument that someone else struggling in content, or perhaps having to work harder, is immersion breaking isnt one with any merit. Its potentially happening now. Unless youre suggesting removing those players from the instance as well, it shouldnt be an issue.

As far as immersion goes, theres nothing more immersion breaking to me that a boss dying in seconds.

Im not sure how me sprinting by a delve boss and nuking them as I run by to grab the skyshard is contributing to any players immersion. Im not sure there much that frustrated me more as new player than vet players having such disregard for new players. As it turns out, most were probably just playing the same as I was.

Her suggestion actually is to remove everyone else, iirc. She wants private servers sold ala Fallout 76. Personally, I doubt it would happen. But I remember that being a suggestion that was made.

ETA

I also personally like seeing other people around. It's part of what makes MMOs feel more lived in than single player games and you can meet some cool people.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on June 10, 2022 7:59PM
  • Daraklus
    Daraklus
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have to know that is not a fair characterization of us. The reason I'm invested in this topic is only because I care about immersion, and it's unimmersive for quest dialogue (about how dangerous quest enemies are) and gameplay experience (no danger) to be so wildly out of sync. It's helpful to acknowledge that immersion means different things for different players, instead of acting like you and people who agree with you are the only ones who care about immersion.

What's funny is I find the older Elder Scrolls games very immersive, even Skyrim in spite of having mods that introduce enchantments that give a lot of power to my character (Well, not A LOT, but are quite potent items).
    Because those games I can play in any difficulty, and in general still provide a world that has SOME challenges even in normal difficulties.

I take great umbrage with how some posters present the desire of more difficulty as "Caring only about combat" and then make it all about THEIR immersion, acting as if everyone else's sense of immersion isn't as important.

Edit: Though if I will be honest, the "immersion" aspect has been pretty much thrown out the window soon as you allowed players to alter their appearances completely while letting players dye their armors in lavish colors (Which I will admit, I too am a bit at fault of)
    Edited by Daraklus on June 10, 2022 8:58PM
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daraklus wrote: »

What's funny is I find the older Elder Scrolls games very immersive, even Skyrim in spite of having mods that introduce enchantments that give a lot of power to my character (Well, not A LOT, but are quite potent items).
    Because those games I can play in any difficulty, and in general still provide a world that has SOME challenges even in normal difficulties.

I take great umbrage with how some posters present the desire of more difficulty as "Caring only about combat" and then make it all about THEIR immersion, acting as if everyone else's sense of immersion isn't as important.

Edit: Though if I will be honest, the "immersion" aspect has been pretty much thrown out the window soon as you allowed players to alter their appearances completely while letting players dye their armors in lavish colors (Which I will admit, I too am a bit at fault of)

But this can be explained as illusion magic, there is no costume at all, it is an illusion, you just think there is one.
  • HonestLoverr
    HonestLoverr
    ✭✭✭
    Ok a moderator closed my thread down with feedback regarding overland being too easy and the suggestion to point it out in this thread. So here we go again:

Overland content is so easy that it makes me fall asleep. Even Super Mario is easier than ESO overland. Seriously ZOS, consider going for a change. Didn't even know there are already 122 pages of people asking for a difficulty raise for overland content. This clearly speaks for itself.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok a moderator closed my thread down with feedback regarding overland being too easy and the suggestion to point it out in this thread. So here we go again:

Overland content is so easy that it makes me fall asleep. Even Super Mario is easier than ESO overland. Seriously ZOS, consider going for a change. Didn't even know there are already 122 pages of people asking for a difficulty raise for overland content. This clearly speaks for itself.

Well, I read the ENTIRE thread not long back - and most of the opinions on all sides are re-posted over and over by many of the same people, so the number of pages isn't really germane to the issue.

I don't really care what ZOS does regardless - as long as whatever it is is completely optional.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....