Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Overland Content Feedback Thread

• Dagobertfuk
    Dagobertfuk
    ✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    That not only my Opinion.

It is just your opinion. You don't know what feedback they received because you weren't privy to all of it. And they have not commented on it. Those statements were not only about silver and gold. They were about difficulty in general. The devs are saying that they removed difficulty from Overland in general. And that they giving us an additional difficulty option before, but it failed. And you can see plainly see the result of their factual nerf of all overland content, not just silver and gold.

No its not only his opinion. It's also mine. Its a fact because there were also a lot of people like him and me, wich were in charge of all those threads back in the days with feedback about it. I was also against those people wich disliked cadwells. There were no complains from larger scale of players at all related to complains about own alliance overland zone difficulty. Just minor things like to some specific quests or bosses.

The Statement was without exception only for Cadwells Silver+Gold. The only reason when they were talking about Overland in general, was about the plan to reduce the difficulty that much that really ''everyone'' and ''always'' can complete solo stuff. But that wasnt related in any case that own alliance faction zone ever was to hard for anyone, because of the lack of complains from people in the forums. They just splitted the Content for the people wich like hard content and wich dont like any difficulty, without people even asked to nerf own alliance difficulty rather than just nerfing Cadwells Silver + Gold. And the additional Difficulty they gave us was still way harder than own alliance difficulty, nobody had problems with. Thats why it failed. The only proof excists is in favour of old own alliance difficulty rather than against it.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip], the majority of players doesn't want a change, and ZOS knows this very well.

[edited for potential bait]
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on June 16, 2022 3:57PM
  • Dagobertfuk
    Dagobertfuk
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of people played their own alliance's overland but we don't know if they were happy with it. They may have found it more desirable than Silver and Gold, and yes they played it because that is all there was and it had to be completed to move on, but that doesn't mean they were happy with it.

You also cant say people were happy with it. With the difference that people complained in a larger scale about Cadwells Silver +Gold because they werent happy with it, but no complaints in a larger scale about own alliance overland zone, except some minor things like a few overperfomring quests or bosses. People go as the majority to the forums, to disguss issues rather than like something.

Same thing with current overland. Most People from today know nothing else, because they didnt experience ESO before One Tamriel and have no other chance rather than excepting the current experience of the questline without any difficulty. But that doest mean they are happy. For a lot of people its just that they just can get all their archievements done and let that to easy content of that zone behind them and be disappointed by for example a bad guy gets build up as the biggest evil of whatever, deals no dmg and dies in under a minute.

With the difference that we have complaints in a larger scale from tons of tons of people dislike the current way to easy overland content in comparison to the people actually like it, wich you can count on three hands, in various threads over the years until ZOS made us this thread. People(for example @Hexnibbler, @Daraklus) wich gave you numeroes videos to prove how exaggerated easy the current overland is. Funny how you guys dont comment on those.
    Edited by Dagobertfuk on June 16, 2022 8:45AM
  • Dagobertfuk
    Dagobertfuk
    ✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    [snip], the majority of players doesn't want a change, and ZOS knows this very well.

Right. Thats why you, Silverbride, Sparta and a few others aguing against tons of people and not the other way round. Also where is the proof to give your comment any ground?
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on June 16, 2022 3:59PM
  • Daraklus
    Daraklus
    ✭✭✭✭

What's with the hostility?
    Also, you keep talking about this "Majority of players" or say things like "I see people in the world and they are having fun", or at least one person posted something like that.

You can't know if this is true, and are just going on your own opinion, like I could go on my own opinion and say "People are out in the world in a trance and are possibly not having a good time".

Is there any wonder why the sentiment over High Isle seems to be "I'm gonna pass, thanks"?
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right. Thats why you, Silverbride, Sparta and a few others aguing against tons of people and not the other way round. Also where is the proof to give your comment any ground?

Do you really think, that ZOS would let the game as it is, if it would not be more successful than it was with the old difficulty before One Tamriel?- There is all the proof they need, a stream of very healthy revenue - whereas you guys offer nothing at all, you just expect it to happen for free - not going to happen like this.

I don't know why you put Sparta into the same boat he is very much in favor of difficulty options - and so am I, even I would want them to be accessible as well for players like me, not just for veterans. But that is never going to happen because you expect it for free.

And we agreed on it being optional - while you are advertising the old difficulty before one Tamriel as acceptable for the game. We don't want this, it was not successful and nearly let the game fail.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daraklus wrote: »

Also, you keep talking about this "Majority of players" or say things like "I see people in the world and they are having fun", or at least one person posted something like that.

You can't know if this is true, and are just going on your own opinion, like I could go on my own opinion and say "People are out in the world in a trance and are possibly not having a good time".

Is there any wonder why the sentiment over High Isle seems to be "I'm gonna pass, thanks"?

And they will nevertheless buy it anyway - later on - because they have to. It is all just talk, but they will buy it.
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on June 16, 2022 4:00PM
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    The general PVE content is very easy.

1. Not only quest are run-collect amd run-hit (so there is no so much puzzles in the game bases on the lore, or chalanges)
    2. World creatures are very easy to fight
    3. World creature gives very low EXP. This and 2. Should be taken into consideration togetherly

4. Dlc quests are separated between the prologue and main quest, so when I first started it was hard to keep the quest after prologue, coz I didnt know where to go. (Needs some speacial mark)

5. Also the DLC quest's "adventure" is missing the inmersiveness once in the dungeon. So bassically the prologue make u wish keep doing the quest, but the dungeon part is dissapointing
  • LashanW
    LashanW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And they will nevertheless buy it anyway - later on - because they have to. It is all just talk, but they will buy it.
    Nope. I don't think I will buy High Isle. I also never bought Greymoor. Some people take "value for money" very seriously. Quality of chapters have been dropping in that regard.

Also chapters become DLCs eventually. A single month of ESO+ would be enough to play through them in current state (reduced replayability thanks to lack of difficulty settings and account-wide achievements).
    ---No longer active in ESO---
    Platform: PC-EU
    CP: 2500+
    Trial Achievements
    Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
    vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
    Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
  • Dagobertfuk
    Dagobertfuk
    ✭✭✭

Do you really think, that ZOS would let the game as it is, if it would not be more successful than it was with the old difficulty before One Tamriel?- There is all the proof they need, a stream of very healthy revenue - whereas you guys offer nothing at all, you just expect it to happen for free - not going to happen like this.

I don't know why you put Sparta into the same boat he is very much in favor of difficulty options - and so am I, even I would want them to be accessible as well for players like me, not just for veterans. But that is never going to happen because you expect it for free.

And we agreed on it being optional - while you are advertising the old difficulty before one Tamriel as acceptable for the game. We don't want this, it was not successful and nearly let the game fail.

The difficulty people did not wanted was related to Cadwells Silver + Gold. Related to Rich Lambert's comment and their Data, the Base Game's own faction difficulty was successful. There you have your proof.
    You lean on people just playing the game nowadays in comparison to the people wich didnt play Cadwells Silver + Gold. You just completly ignore the facts about Base game difficulty people enjoyed.
    While nowadays most People dont know anything else, because they did not experience ESO before One Tamriel and have no other chance rather than excepting the current experience of the questline without any difficulty. But that doest mean they are happy. For a lot of people its just that they just can get all their archievements done and let that to easy content of that zone's behind them and be disappointed. In my opinion great hypocrisy calling that successful.
    I put Sparta into the boat because he pretended and speculated that people were also against Pre One Tamriel own Faction Base difficulty. Without any Proof or Ground.

Never i said anything against optional difficulty. Who can read is clearly in advantage.

Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on June 16, 2022 4:00PM
  • Daraklus
    Daraklus
    ✭✭✭✭

Just because it's financially successful, doesn't mean that it's good and perfect.

An extreme example: Diablo Immortal is raking in a decent amount of revenue, does this mean that the game is good? Well, players don't think so...
    Dream on, the majority of players doesn't want a change, and ZOS knows this very well.

That's being rather optimistic. And who says that those players "Have" to buy the expansion?

I don't feel any need to buy it, not now, not later, likely not ever unless there is some changes to the overworld.
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on June 16, 2022 4:01PM
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    I think firstly increasing the NPC damage, and given EXP would be a good step for improvment
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And yet overland content is always deserted. For the second chapter in a row at the start, they look very empty. People have been asking chat for help from world bosses since the early days. Yes, people farm leads, but not in order to more effectively fight mobs in the overland. People farm experience for companions, but not for doing quests. The Deadlands are full of players right now, but they don't do quests, they just farm a new motif.
    PC/EU
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And yet overland content is always deserted. For the second chapter in a row at the start, they look very empty. People have been asking chat for help from world bosses since the early days. Yes, people farm leads, but not in order to more effectively fight mobs in the overland. People farm experience for companions, but not for doing quests. The Deadlands are full of players right now, but they don't do quests, they just farm a new motif.

Seems like majority not only not on forums but not even in game currently, heh. But yes deadlands are full nowadays cause two moderately expensive motifs dropping.
  • Daraklus
    Daraklus
    ✭✭✭✭

That is the crux of it.
    It would be one thing if there was not that much to the Overworld aside from quests and such, but since there are these other things (Events, Motifs and Leads etc.), people are going out to the world.

This still doesn't mean they are going around having fun.

I am currently playing Classic WoW, and am doing a questline where it mostly consists of gathering vast quantities of material in order to learn some recipes. Not what I would call an exciting process, but it's still fun since it is a proper adventure around the game.
    In ESO there is nothing like that. I get everything I need in any zone I go to without much of a hassle, while the things I need take place in high level areas so I... You know, gotta be careful with my maneuverability and such.

If I were to play ESO, I'd most likely be doing it while in some kind of trance rather than actively being there.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Final Fantasy’s MMO, specifically, has been pretty popular recently. Why has it been doing well?

Lambert: They do a lot of things right in general. They know the game they want to be. They embrace that. And the fans that want that type of game know where to go and know where to get it. They’ve done a really good job in that regard. That is key, just in general, to making a good game — really understanding your community and what they want.

That was one of the lessons we had to learn really early on when we first launched in 2014. We didn’t really feel or have a clear understanding of what game we were trying to make. We tried to walk that line between Elder Scrolls and MMO, and we didn’t really hit either of those out of the park.

And so, we went back, and we listened to the community, and we listened to the team, and we focused on making it an Elder Scrolls game, first and foremost. And once we did that, the game just blew up and turned into what it is today.

What would you say players want today?

Lambert: The vast majority of our player base loves the exploration, loves the lore, loves the story side of things. So we focus a lot of our time and effort on that. Two of our four major updates every year are focused on story and exploration. The other two are focused on quality of life, are focused on group-oriented activities with the dungeons or adding new systems.

In a nutshell, players want to see that you are going to put the effort into improving the game over time. And if you continue to do that, they’re going to stay and play and have a good time.

Seems pertinent right now. Since people are wondering if people really love the story of this game. All of the changes back then were made due to feedback from their players and player data. And they continue to look at player data to drive what they add to the game, which is why story content is such a large chunk of the content. I think it is short sighted of them not to make that story content more enticing to those who want to experience but can't enjoy it at its current difficulty. But, the vast majority of the playerbase already gravitates towards it.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on June 16, 2022 12:56PM
  • Dagobertfuk
    Dagobertfuk
    ✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Final Fantasy’s MMO, specifically, has been pretty popular recently. Why has it been doing well?

Lambert: They do a lot of things right in general. They know the game they want to be. They embrace that. And the fans that want that type of game know where to go and know where to get it. They’ve done a really good job in that regard. That is key, just in general, to making a good game — really understanding your community and what they want.

That was one of the lessons we had to learn really early on when we first launched in 2014. We didn’t really feel or have a clear understanding of what game we were trying to make. We tried to walk that line between Elder Scrolls and MMO, and we didn’t really hit either of those out of the park.

And so, we went back, and we listened to the community, and we listened to the team, and we focused on making it an Elder Scrolls game, first and foremost. And once we did that, the game just blew up and turned into what it is today.

What would you say players want today?

Lambert: The vast majority of our player base loves the exploration, loves the lore, loves the story side of things. So we focus a lot of our time and effort on that. Two of our four major updates every year are focused on story and exploration. The other two are focused on quality of life, are focused on group-oriented activities with the dungeons or adding new systems.

In a nutshell, players want to see that you are going to put the effort into improving the game over time. And if you continue to do that, they’re going to stay and play and have a good time.

Seems pertinent right now. Since people are wondering if people really love the story of this game. All of the changes back then were made due to feedback from their players and player data. And they continue to look at player data to drive what they add to the game, which is why story content is such a large chunk of the content. I think it is short sighted of them not to make that story content more enticing to those who want to experience but can't enjoy it at its current difficulty. But, the vast majority of the playerbase already gravitates towards it.

i agree to everything except that part that the vast majority of the playerbase like the current difficulty. But that difficulty people disliked before One Tamriel was related to cadwells silver + gold. That got fixed.

In the forums or where ever didnt exsist any complains from larger scale of players at all related to own alliance overland zone difficulty. But it got reduced aswell. But nobody in the playerbase asked for it. No issues adressed by ZoS due to feedback from Forums and what not or their gamedata, specific to own alliance overland difficulty. Just minor things like to some specific quests or bosses back in the days.

Rich made clear that they ajusted it just to make sure that really 100% ''everybody'' and ''always'' people can solo it without exceptions.

Most People from today know nothing else, because they didnt experience ESO before One Tamriel and have no other chance rather than excepting the current experience of the questline without any difficulty. Maybe they enjoyed the lore, but that doest mean they are happy with the experience. That's why a working system shouldn't be changed or this thread wouldnt exsist.
    For a lot people its just that they just can get all their archievements done and let that to easy content of that zone's behind them and be disappointed. The endgame and everything after the lvl experience is absolutely an success, when i see how the game evolved. Its great.

But calling the Overland difficulty a Success, just because the majority of people completed overland and enjoying the other parts of this wonderful game, after the leveling experience, is in my opinion pretty pulled out of the air.

Edited by Dagobertfuk on June 16, 2022 1:44PM
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They have to?

In the end all will want Isobel for her 3 role ability with the same setup - and the only way to get her is buying the chapter.
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on June 16, 2022 4:02PM
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt that many of the people wanting harder overland (at least those posting here) are particularly interested in companions.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They have to?

In the end all will want Isobel for her 3 role ability with the same setup - and the only way to get her is buying the chapter.

Why would everyone want Isobel? I would imagine that TOT and the new Trial are bigger draws than her, and even those aren't going to be enticing to everyone. I honestly doubt TOT holds interest to most of the people here complaining about vet overland, or they'd have bought the chapter. They probably are interested in the trial, but that alone isn't enough to justify buying the chapter.
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on June 16, 2022 4:03PM
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They have to?

Well, it does seem like alot of players will eventually (maybe begrudgingly) buy High Isle. People do seem to like the new companions and the card game. Plus, all the cool kids want that Oakensoul ring :p

Me personally I'll wait for a sale. I just started over on PC so I'm in no hurry to rush. ESO will still be around by the time I get to HI.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They have to?

Those are extremely bold and broadly sweeping statements. I can guarantee you, without any hesitation at all, that "all" do not or will not want Isobel. In fact, had you not attached the name to companions, I wouldnt have known it was one.

Id there ever was a reason for me to buy a chapter, that wasn't it.

• eKsDee
    eKsDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the beginning I thought companions were a stupid feature to add to an MMO, especially one where the overland is this easy for me, so yeah, you can 100% count me out of that list.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually like the companions for when I go into a dungeon by myself. Bastian can hold the boss decently enough. There is one boss in particular that I can think of that he could hold and I couldn't without sacrificing damage. The rest of the dungeon I didn't need him, but he was still nice to have. I already have Bastian though, so I don't really need Isobel. My desire to use him in dungeon content though doesn't have much to do with Overland. So I'm not sure why Isobel is supposed to be attractive to me for Overland, and I actually like companions.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on June 16, 2022 2:13PM
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    I doubt that many of the people wanting harder overland (at least those posting here) are particularly interested in companions.

There are achievements for companions. And passive effects. So it still makes sense for active players to max out companions.
    PC/EU
  • Daraklus
    Daraklus
    ✭✭✭✭

They have to?

I am also curious as to why she thinks that people will HAVE TO buy the next expansion.

I mean, if it's to get access to that singular Trial or whatever then maybe, but that would need to have the high-end players who run raids to be of the mindset where they thing buying a full 30-40 Euro expansion is worth it just to play... What, 5% of what it has to offer?
    Dream on, the majority of players doesn't want a change, and ZOS knows this very well.

They have to?

This... Doesn't sound right at all. That can't be the only reason anyone would want to buy the expansion.

I don't care about the companions all that much, so why else would I buy the expansion?

There are achievements for companions. And passive effects. So it still makes sense for active players to max out companions.

Oh, okay then. But are the passives and achievements worth the time put into leveling them up, though?
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on June 16, 2022 4:04PM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, okay then. But are the passives and achievements worth the time put into leveling them up, though?

All of these passives only work occasionally

Isobel - additional loot from world bosses
    Ember- additional coin from pickpocketing
    Bastian - get potions that are worse than player crafted ones, but better than the trash pots normally dropped.
    Mirri - additional loot from treasure chests (regular and maps)
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »

They have to?

Well, it does seem like alot of players will eventually (maybe begrudgingly) buy High Isle. People do seem to like the new companions and the card game. Plus, all the cool kids want that Oakensoul ring :p

Me personally I'll wait for a sale. I just started over on PC so I'm in no hurry to rush. ESO will still be around by the time I get to HI.

On sale, perhaps, but at the current price, no. Subtract the mythic, companions, and card game, (none of which interest me) only the trial and overland remain. It doesnt hold enough value for me.

As far as the ring goes, I remember the mess that was Shadowfen when the kilt was introduced. Thats not content. Thats insulting. That ring can die in the fiery pits of Mount Doom.
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They have to?

I am also curious as to why she thinks that people will HAVE TO buy the next expansion.

I mean, if it's to get access to that singular Trial or whatever then maybe, but that would need to have the high-end players who run raids to be of the mindset where they thing buying a full 30-40 Euro expansion is worth it just to play... What, 5% of what it has to offer?

They have to?

This... Doesn't sound right at all. That can't be the only reason anyone would want to buy the expansion.

I don't care about the companions all that much, so why else would I buy the expansion?

Well, they are worth no more than other achievements.
    PC/EU
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS NA

I believe the overland content to be way too easy at CP levels. My understanding is the enemy difficulty level is supposed to scale with the players level. But this seems to stop once you reach CP. If it does scale then the gap between enemy difficulty and player level needs to be shortened. It’s not really fun to go into a new area and hit an enemy 1 time and it’s dead. Takes away the challenge.