The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is ZOS trying to annoy players and drive them away?

• neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the game is full of bugs, performance is has been deteriorating for years and ZOS has been almost completely silent about these issues...but the real problem is we didn't ask them to fix the game nicely enough?

It is A problem, yes. Just because a bank maybe conducted some corrupt trades doesn't make a person in the right to rob them at gunpoint. Two wrongs don't make a right ring a bell?

People are too hung up today on WHO is right that they have forgotten WHAT is right. Maybe it is social media that has conditioned people to be more concerned about hearing themselves speak to "win an argument" than they are with thinking rationally about HOW is best to go about actually solving things.

People would rather fight than fix things. That is the regressive state of our culture. It is appealing, because it is easier, and we are naturally lazy creatures.

If the OP had approached the problem rationally and actually taken the time to describe the SPECIFIC problem, steps to reproduce it, video footage of the circumstance of it occurring, ANYTHING, and had they put in an actual ticket, or posted in the bug forum so the eyes that need to be would see it, that at least would contribute anything constructive to the situation.

Making a sarcastic post without evidence just to complain for the sake of it? That helps nothing. If you cannot see WHY that helps nothing, perhaps you should go back and read some of my previous posts.

I don't think you understand is that players have tried the "constructive" way for years and been met with empty promises and an ever increasing list of problems.

(Reasonable) people aren't asking for miracles. We're asking for consistency and communication; for instance:

-Not adding broken proc-sets to the game after you've just spent a year trying to limit the influence of proc sets

-Not ignoring feedback from your PTS (or if you are going to ignore it, at least acknowledge it)

-Not performing tests on live servers without adequate compensation.

-Not taking months to respond to (or even acknowledge) broken mechanics and bugs.

[Edit to remove bait]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on September 7, 2021 4:37AM
    Options
  • WhyMustItBe
    WhyMustItBe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If people want a SPECIFIC problem addressed, they should make the minimal effort necessary to describe that problem, when it occurs, present evidence, and submit it to the appropriate channels for consideration, rather than coming on the general forums and attacking anyone who tries to explain that to them as "concern trolling," whatever that even means.

You get more flies with honey than vinegar.

ZOS HAVE fixed many things. Wanting your specific problem fixed NOW or else without even describing what it is? I agree that is not a very productive conversation to engage in, beyond what people have already tried to explain.

But just for the sake of a rational discussion let's dissect the OP shall we?

First, they open with a title sarcastically suggesting a billion dollar company is personally singling people out to try and push them away from the game out of spite. This makes no sense and sets the tone for the entire topic as not really very serious or productive.

Next:
    Many things in the game push players away from the game: - Inflexible handling of many in game issues.
    No example given. The OP is essentially accusing the ZOS staff of behaving unprofessionally and showing inflexibility, without citing any example or actual evidence, which borders on slander. It is certainly not a legitimate grievance worth addressing, but rather just a generalized ATTACK which is the underlying theme of the whole post.

It goes on...
    Not fixing long-term bugs.
    Again, no specifics, no effort made to explain the actual issue they are having, and an assumption that because they aren't seeing whatever results they personally expect in the time they expect, that NO long term bugs have EVER been fixed which is obviously not the case.

Just reading any patch notes should make it clear that bugs are being fixed all the time. But this is about the nebulous and unnamed "long-term bugs" the OP specifically cares about, so much that they can't even be bothered to describe what they actually are? What is that if not a generic attack?
    Not adding small and obvious quality of life issues.
    Really?
    • How about the ability to craft multiple items? They added that. I guess that doesn't count to the OP.
    • How about the addition of the sticker book for collecting sets? They added that. Guess that doesn't count either.
    • How about 10 transmute crystals simply for running a random normal dungeon, PER CHARACTER?

I could go on but what would be the point. This is cherry picking, saying essentially again because what THEY want (whatever that is) hasn't (allegedly) been done, NOTHING has been done. There are many new things being added all the time. The OP has simply chosen to focus on what they perceive as negative to the exclusion of what is actually happening in the game. Disingenuous.

They continue on without providing any specifics, any evidence, or anything constructive to back up their general anti-ZOS rant. At this point everything that needs to be said has been said. If you want something fixed learn to articulate what needs fixing.

And I can't stress this enough:

Do not assume the worst as an excuse not to make the minimal effort to back up negative assumptions.

Especially when they are demonstrably false.

No game is perfect but if you took the OP post at face value we aren't playing a game we're in a torture chamber. I get it, bugs that affect you personally are frustrating. But pointing out the best way to go about seeking a resolution in a civilized society is not "concern trolling" or anything else. It is just simple common sense and logic.

Pointing out what someone intent on being negative doesn't want to hear is not what trolling or white knighting is.

Edited by WhyMustItBe on September 6, 2021 9:58PM
    Options
  • Rossmann
    Rossmann
    ✭✭✭
    If people want a SPECIFIC problem addressed, they should make the minimal effort necessary to describe that problem, when it occurs, present evidence, and submit it to the appropriate channels for consideration, rather than coming on the general forums and attacking anyone who tries to explain that to them as "concern trolling," whatever that even means.

You get more flies with honey than vinegar.

ZOS HAVE fixed many things. Wanting your specific problem fixed NOW or else without even describing what it is?

I agree that is not a very productive conversation to engage in, beyond what people have already tried to explain.

WhyMustItBe so hard to understand that people get frustrated from lack of communication, game breaking bugs and technical errors?

Why some people on forums think ''ZOS fixing things'' is an act of charity or a grace? Of course they will fix things, its their job to do so if they are selling a service.

If i order a meal with fries and what is served is not what i ordered but still fries came with it, so should i be happy that at least they got fries right?

Let me give a fresh example;

If you look at PC Tech Support, General Discussion and PvP subforums you can see people have a ongoing ''crashing'' problem since U31 came live. This is a serious game breaking problem. I have days with 10+ crashing that makes me really frustrated. Normally you would expect it to be fixed immediately or at least given an explanation why it is happening or when it is gonna be fixed in a true statement.

What you get is copy-paste troubleshoot answers and open a ticket suggestion.

It has been two weeks and still no fix. And now usual RIP EU server situation. In the middle of event.

Some people simply don't have all the time in the world to play, to participate in an event. Yet this situations still happens regularly and you expect them to be come and make a bug report to see it happening again?
    Options
  • WhyMustItBe
    WhyMustItBe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rossmann wrote: »
    WhyMustItBe so hard to understand that people get frustrated from lack of communication, game breaking bugs and technical errors?

I don't find it hard to understand at all. It IS frustrating. All I am saying is that generic complaining and basically attacking ZOS publically for not fixing the specific things you encounter is not the best way to go about getting them fixed.

What I don't accept is the defeatist attitude. People constantly say "oh if I make the effort to describe the problem and present evidence and submit a ticket or bug report thread they will just ignore it anyway so why bother." What is that and why is that sort of fatalism so common?

ZOS do fix things all the time. The OP makes it sound like because the issues they have aren't fixed in the time they want, that NOTHING is being done, ever, about anything. Obviously that is an over reaction.

The thing you also have to keep in mind is that it is difficult to troubleshoot problems that only affect some people. I for example, have had no problems with crashing for the last several patches, in peak time, in PVE, PVP, solo or group content.

Trying to get to the bottom of such issues requires in-depth investigation that unfortunately takes time. You have to take into account different hardware people might be using, different drivers, different software running on the system, trying to find a common thread. Problems that affect everyone all the time are comparatively easy.

I would suggest just off the top of my head, try running with the new multi-threaded rendering on and off and see if that makes a difference. Try updating your video driver, scanning your system for malware, and making sure nothing is running in the background while you are playing (virus scanner, bit torrent, youtube, etc.) and see if that makes a difference.

If you are not a computer-savy person consider taking your system to a repair shop to have them "un-bloat" your OS, and see if that makes a difference.

But at the end of the say it is just an unfortunate fact that troubleshooting things that only affect certain people takes time.

I agree that the customer service emails could be more personalized, though I have been lucky to get some people that actually talk like people and not robots. :p

Sorry if you are missing out on the event.
    Options
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way things are going one has to wonder if the OP doesn't have a point.
    Options
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't find it hard to understand at all. It IS frustrating. All I am saying is that generic complaining and basically attacking ZOS publically for not fixing the specific things you encounter is not the best way to go about getting them fixed.

What I don't accept is the defeatist attitude. People constantly say "oh if I make the effort to describe the problem and present evidence and submit a ticket or bug report thread they will just ignore it anyway so why bother." What is that and why is that sort of fatalism so common?

ZOS do fix things all the time. The OP makes it sound like because the issues they have aren't fixed in the time they want, that NOTHING is being done, ever, about anything. Obviously that is an over reaction.

The thing you also have to keep in mind is that it is difficult to troubleshoot problems that only affect some people. I for example, have had no problems with crashing for the last several patches, in peak time, in PVE, PVP, solo or group content.

Trying to get to the bottom of such issues requires in-depth investigation that unfortunately takes time. You have to take into account different hardware people might be using, different drivers, different software running on the system, trying to find a common thread. Problems that affect everyone all the time are comparatively easy.

I would suggest just off the top of my head, try running with the new multi-threaded rendering on and off and see if that makes a difference. Try updating your video driver, scanning your system for malware, and making sure nothing is running in the background while you are playing (virus scanner, bit torrent, youtube, etc.) and see if that makes a difference.

If you are not a computer-savy person consider taking your system to a repair shop to have them "un-bloat" your OS, and see if that makes a difference.

But at the end of the say it is just an unfortunate fact that troubleshooting things that only affect certain people takes time.

I agree that the customer service emails could be more personalized, though I have been lucky to get some people that actually talk like people and not robots. :p

Sorry if you are missing out on the event.

ESO performance issues are not the result of "bloated OS", internet connection, the platform or hardware people are playing on or anything else related to the customer. The performance issues are 100% on ZOS's end. We've established that 100 different ways or more.

We've also asked for the customer and our investment into the game to be respected in every possible way; good and bad. It makes no difference. The end result is the same.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    . Normally you would expect it to be fixed immediately or at least given an explanation why it is happening or when it is gonna be fixed in a true statement.

Okay, I went and looked at tech support. Expecting it fixed immediately actually isn't reasonable, imo. I would not expect a specific timeline for any bug because there's no way to know how complex it is.

As for communication, I see thread about it where they have responded 3 times. It's an issue with multithread rendering and they are working on a fix. Other crash issues are on the user end and they posted a help page that explains how to fix it.

In fact they have responded to nearly every issue on the first page.
    NICMmKD.jpg

They have also been requesting tickets so they can gather information on people's issues.

It may not be resolved yet, but there is very clearly communication going on here.

WmFLJFo.jpg

9gL8StX.jpeg

Perhaps it's not the answer people want, but it's there.

So what exactly is the problem in tech support?
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 6, 2021 11:52PM
    Options
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the most frustrating part for a lot of people is when you report bugs and nothing happens for more than 6 months. There's no indication anyone's working on it, no updates or even timelines on possible fixes. Ex. Getting stuck in combat, your whole group crashing at every battle, skills taking 5 tries to go off, the 49710 debuff bug etc.
    Edited by SimonThesis on September 6, 2021 11:50PM
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the most frustrating part for a lot of people is when you report bugs and nothing happens for more than 6 months. There's no indication anyone's working on it, no updates or even timelines on possible fixes. Ex. Getting stuck in combat, your whole group crashing at every battle, skills taking 5 tries to go off, the 49710 debuff bug etc.

There is definitely a LOT of indication ZOS is working on bug fixes. We've had content delays, live streams, crazy experiments on both the PTR and Live, the CP rework, and always a large section on bug fixes in patch notes. They have been discussing the need to fix performance and the various things they are trying to do to address it for the past 2 years.

I 100% agree performance is not where it should be. But, I think anyone who thinks they have not communicated on perfomance must have not seen a LOT of communication. And I do mean a LOT.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 6, 2021 11:59PM
    Options
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @spartaxoxo
    Thank you I did not realize that thread existed in the forums. I just always looked in the bug reports section which usually isn't often responded to. Thank you, the Technical Support Pages way down at the bottom seem to be the place where people do get assistance!

I do agree they have communicated on trying to improve performance overall! I just wish they better updated the community on specific bugs instead of silence until they're fixed. I think a known bugs section with updates on their progress now and again would make people feel more heard.
    Edited by SimonThesis on September 7, 2021 12:10AM
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @spartaxoxo
    Thank you I did not realize that thread existed in the forums. I just always looked in the bug reports section which usually isnt responded to. Thank you the Technical Support Pages way down at the bottom seem to be the place where people get assistance!

You're welcome! Yeah, that's definitely the place to go if you need more personalized assistance, alongside tickets of course. If your ticket isn't able to resolved successfully, you can also go there to ask for additional assistance, just make sure to include your ticket number in your post.

Bug reports are essentially just an info dump area and those get resolved in the various patches.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 7, 2021 12:03AM
    Options
  • WhyMustItBe
    WhyMustItBe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think there's any more point debating with you at this point because you're just concern trolling. But what I don't think you understand is that players have tried the "constructive" way for years and been met with empty promises and an ever increasing list of problems.

Yet here I am, on an old arse regular gtx 1080 with maxed settings and multi threaded rendering on and running better than ever, 60fps+ basically everywhere, never crashing.

Clearly there ARE platform specific problems. Troubleshooting why takes time, like it or not.
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think there's any more point debating with you at this point because you're just concern trolling. But what I don't think you understand is that players have tried the "constructive" way for years and been met with empty promises and an ever increasing list of problems.

Yet here I am, on an old arse regular gtx 1080 with maxed settings and multi threaded rendering on and running better than ever, 60fps+ basically everywhere, never crashing.

Clearly there ARE platform specific problems. Troubleshooting why takes time, like it or not.

Heck I can go you one worse than that: I'm running the game on a nearly 8 year old machine, with a GTX 960 GPU - and two 4k screens (one of which is using the DVI out port with an HDMI adapter). It's got to last until spring, because we only owe $5500 on our mortgage, and paying THAT off has to come before a new machine. Priorities, y'know? And then, even before a new machine, I have to find a replacement for the 1991 Jeep I paid $500 US for 10 or 12 years ago, because it is seriously worn out now....

But y'know what? I never have problems running this game. Caveat: I don't play pvp or pve endgame or any group content (none of which is fun for me in any case) so.... works for me. I'm happy with the game. Except when I REALLY need to play an OP stealth archer.

That's when I play Skyrim for a while....
    Options
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Before the big Vampire Update with Greymoor chapter, I reported a skill lock bug countless times that would occur after using the OLD Vampire Ultimate that would Teleport Strike to the enemy and remain until you died or relogged. All my tickets went unanswered and the Skill Lock Bug remained unfixed for over a year.

[snip]
    [edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 17, 2021 10:41AM
    Options
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO is a great game but the never ending bugs that don't get fixed and the awful performance is driving people away and rapidly disbanding guilds. As a community, a lot of people feel like they seem to be pretty apathetic and disconnected from the live game. We are tired of the lack of transparency, the lack of honesty, the silence on most things 99% of the time. All the bugs that were reported on the PTS from several patches ago still haven't been fixed.
    One thing I would recommend is having them secretly join in-game guilds and actually learn from their community and see what people are experiencing first hand.
    They all may be part of the problem except for kevin, who is way too good to be working for zos.

Pretty much
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
    Options
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radiance wrote: »
    Before the big Vampire Update with Greymoor chapter, I reported a skill lock bug countless times that would occur after using the OLD Vampire Ultimate that would Teleport Strike to the enemy and remain until you died or relogged. All my tickets went unanswered and the Skill Lock Bug remained unfixed for over a year.

They don't listen, they do as they please and leave broken content unfixed if there's not a wide enough outcry until they can refurbish and resell it in the next big chapter update.

There's the problem right there. 1) Point out an issue happening to you under specific circumstances that may not be happening to others. 2) Claim they aren't fixing it fast enough. 3) Leap straight to "ZOS NEVER listens." 4) Make thinly veiled conspiracy theory about business practices being corrupt as the icing on the cake.

Basically when people have made up their mind to be negative and combative they are going to find a way to manufacture evidence of the enemy they are sure exists.

It all makes perfect sense. From a certain point of view.

Except nobody is making up anything when they are complaining about years of declining performance and customer relations. Those complaints are legitimate and real as is the failure to do much of anything to fix the many performance issues.

Nobody is making anything up except the people trying to claim everything is fine.
    Edited by EdmondDontes on September 7, 2021 9:01AM
    Options
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least we got the "reply" button for in-game mail with the recent patch. What's more, it actually works like it should right off the bat.

Seriously, they are fixing things, or at least trying, but they clearly have more problems than they can handle, and their priorities are based on things we have no idea about as end users, like code quality, availability of any original authors of a particular piece of code, level of documentation, how much work it would take to find the cause of the problem, and the current availability of developers with the right skills to perform a certain coding task. We can make educated guesses, but it would still be speculation, and that's disallowed in these forums.

The game works, for the things I want to do, most of the time. This is not true for everyone, but a lot of players seem to be more or less happy with what we have, and I reckon that is considered good enough. To be crass about it, striving for quality as such is not profitable. "Good enough to satisfy most customers most of the time" is the norm for everything these days, including software.
    Options
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

After removing a few posts, we would like to remind everyone that Flaming is a violation of the Community Guidelines and is stated as follows:
    • Flaming: It’s okay to disagree and debate on the official ESO forums, but we do ask that you keep all disagreements civil, constructive, and on-topic. If a discussion gets heated and turns into a debate, remember that you should stick to debating the post and/or thread topic. It is never appropriate to resort to personal comments or jabs about those participating in the thread discussion.
    If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please take a few moments to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Tinolyn
    Tinolyn
    ✭✭✭
    You wanted a specific. Here's one that is right off the top of my head, because I laughed SO HARD when I saw it was finally "fixed" in U31... Over a YEAR after it was first reported on these specific forums. I ran into this one myself, and just about threw my computer out the window when I found not one, but TWO bug reports on the issue, dating back almost a year at that point.

From the Patch Notes (U31), quests in Bangkorai section -- https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/584299/pc-mac-patch-notes-v7-1-5-waking-flame-update-31#latest

"A Handful of Stolen Dreams: You will no longer be directed through Bangkorai Garrison during this quest"

Bug reports on ESO forums:
    Aug. 2020 - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/543693/bangkorai-handful-of-stolen-dreams
    Nov. 2020 - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/552872/bug-a-handful-of-stolen-dreams-bangkorai

When people who have played this game for a long time, and they've seen these kind of "fixes" before (and how long they take, if they don't end up creating the bug again in a future "update") is it really hard to understand how frustrated they get? When every....single...update...over the past couple of years has caused incredible stability issues, crashed servers, additional maintenances (usually extended) and on and on?

I honestly don't have the kind of time to give you a running list of how often I've seen the patch notes address something that's been annoying me, only to find out that it was not fixed. And once that was pointed out to ZOS officials, they then did not give any kind of recognition that they screwed up somehow, and they continue to ignore posts. There are bugs that are YEARS old, that have never been fixed. YEARS. I'm just astounded this hasn't hit them in the pocketbook. I'm guessing the only reason they are attempting to "upgrade" servers at this point is because they can't ignore the massive hardware failures anymore, and they can't hide behind the usual platitudes of "thank you for your report, we're looking into it" with radio silence for months.
    Options
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@WhyMustItBe

What your processor? I have a 1080ti and can't run on max settings without certain areas dipping below 60. So I'm just curious.
    Options
  • WhyMustItBe
    WhyMustItBe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Folkb wrote: »
    What your processor? I have a 1080ti and can't run on max settings without certain areas dipping below 60. So I'm just curious.

Well binned 6-core Coffee Lake i7 clocked at 5ghz on all cores (don't do that without a Noctua or similar after market cooler though. Personally I stay away from water cooling). 16gb 2100mhz RAM.
    Options
  • Roztlin45
    Roztlin45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Absolutely not. That makes literally zero sense. No legitimate company is going around trying to lose customers. They may prefer you do one activity over another but they obviously want you to keep playing and spending money. That's just like the rules of capitalism.

I can name plenty of times this were not true. Sorry but companies get so out of touch the are indifferent that they do not care..let them eat cake. Windows vista..Then Windows 8. New coke...Edsel car, blackwood..lol
    Options
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Folkb wrote: »

Well binned 6-core Coffee Lake i7 clocked at 5ghz on all cores (don't do that without a Noctua or similar after market cooler though. Personally I stay away from water cooling). 16gb 2100mhz RAM.

Awe dang ok. My processor is only a 4 core i7 6700k 4.0ghz overclocked to 4.6.
    Options
  • corrosivechains
    corrosivechains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course, Eso will continue to go on. Idk where you get the thriving part, but it doing good. If it is thriving, Good. You like the game? Awesome. [snip]

The game has grown every year for the past few years and turned it's reputation around from one of the worst MMOs at launch, to one of the best. It's also making plenty of money with people eager to make purchases and items people want to see in the cash shop commonly requested.

You may not like it, but I think most would describe this game as thriving by any metric. [snip]

[edited for baiting & to remove quote]

this is objectively false:

https://mmo-population.com/r/elderscrollsonline/stats

As you can see the game is in a steady decline in player base again. It was climbing for awhile and saw some spikes with new content, but it's back to dropping.

Edit: Also, performance is more than just how much FPS you get while sitting in your personal house. This IS NOT a single-player game.
    Edited by corrosivechains on September 8, 2021 2:33AM
    "Could you post me a link to the official MMO rule book please." - clayandaudrey_ESO
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course, Eso will continue to go on. Idk where you get the thriving part, but it doing good. If it is thriving, Good. You like the game? Awesome. [snip]

The game has grown every year for the past few years and turned it's reputation around from one of the worst MMOs at launch, to one of the best. It's also making plenty of money with people eager to make purchases and items people want to see in the cash shop commonly requested.

You may not like it, but I think most would describe this game as thriving by any metric. [snip]

As you can see the game is in a steady decline in player base again. It was climbing for awhile and saw some spikes with new content, but it's back to dropping.

Edit: Also, performance is more than just how much FPS you get while sitting in your personal house. This IS NOT a single-player game.

Something seems off on that page.

Look at the graph near the top of the page.

Then scroll down and look at the list of monthly numbers.

They don't jive with each other.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • corrosivechains
    corrosivechains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

Something seems off on that page.

Look at the graph near the top of the page.

Then scroll down and look at the list of monthly numbers.

They don't jive with each other.

You mean monthly averages?
    "Could you post me a link to the official MMO rule book please." - clayandaudrey_ESO
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Articles written about number of players (15 million players in 2020)

https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-elder-scrolls-online/player-count

18 million in early 2021

https://www.thegamer.com/elder-scrolls-online-added-3-million-players-2020/

13.5 million in 2019

https://www.mmobyte.tv/the-10-most-played-mmorpgs-in-2019-what-mmos-should-you-be-playing/

How is it false?

And then let's look at the steam charts and use comparable data by looking at the same month each year.

Jan 2021 19 mil
    Jan 2020 15 mil
    Jan 2019 12 mil
    Jan 2018 10 mil

https://steamcharts.com/app/306130

Like, no, it's not false. The game's managers have been touting this growth. They attribute some of it to the pandemic, but also some of it to the improvements they have made to the game since launch.

And if you're curious about the trend before that

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/478785/eso-announces-13-5-million-players-up-2-5-million-from-last-year

There you go, compiled in 2019 by another player from their statements.

Also have no idea what you're talking about with your house statement. I said nothing even remotely close to that, not even in the same hemisphere.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 8, 2021 4:56AM
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the second thread that linked to those stats as proof that ESO is losing players but it actually shows the exact opposite.

You can't pull out a small section of a graph and get an accurate picture. Take a look at the graph from 2016 to today and you see the numbers steadily rising for the past 5 years. You also see normal fluctuations, but the general direction is up.

The numbers in the list below the graph also show a consistent increase in subscribers and active players for the past 5 years.
    PCNA
    Options
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    God, I love when another player is telling a company how the whole community thinks and how a community likes and doesn't like you just got to love that type of player.

@FlopsyPrince
    I know that is a bug and thing that have not been fixed since day 1 why do I know this because I have been playing since the beta of this game.
    1. Of all what I want to know is how do you know what driver player away from this has ask everyone how have left the game?
    2. How do you know that those things you get mad about are the something that I get mad about?
    3. You don't speak for everyone so I think you should change your word

If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
    Options
  • Artanisul
    Artanisul
    ✭✭✭✭
    To the point of "why dont people fill out bug reports rather then coming here and just complaining?" I believe that is quite the assumption. I have reported the numerous issues I come here to ask about and a few more. When I do a search about my issue and see it has been asked about for weeks/months/years I feel justified to remark about the issue as rediculous.

Filling out a report with the supporting documentation that has been asked for is what THEY should be doing on their end...not my end, because I PAY for them to provide this product.

I am not one of the entitled crowd that is just coming up through, I am 50 years old and expect the company to support this product like I pay for them to do....just as well as companies have supported games for 20 +years now.
    Options