The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Wrong Event Name - It Should Be "Feed the Gankers!"

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
They are certainly out in force now.

And they are getting lots of cheap kills!
Edited by FlopsyPrince on August 26, 2021 9:29PM
PC
PS4/PS5
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a PvP zone, and although I don't like the taking advantage of the questers thing, you can deny them the cheap kills by building properly before going in and using anti-stealth tools. During events I just go in, get the objectives done, and leave, no point in trying to gather more telvar, unless you know what you're doing--too many players there.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    It's a PvP zone, and although I don't like the taking advantage of the questers thing, you can deny them the cheap kills by building properly before going in and using anti-stealth tools. During events I just go in, get the objectives done, and leave, no point in trying to gather more telvar, unless you know what you're doing--too many players there.

No, I could not. I don't do that level of speed. They would still gank me.

I am not trying to gather telvar at all, just do other things in the zone.

Making cheap kills too rewarding is a big part of the problem, especially for the 3rd time this year!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP players are most likely as frustrated as you - they have to do boring quests and kill laughably easy mobs in Orsinium or Craglorn to get their second ticket.
    Edited by perfiction on August 26, 2021 9:51PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »

No, I could not. I don't do that level of speed. They would still gank me.

I am not trying to gather telvar at all, just do other things in the zone.

Making cheap kills too rewarding is a big part of the problem, especially for the 3rd time this year!

I'd avoid doing stuff in the zone until the event is over then, or try the less populated campaigns during off times of day. At the previous event, I managed to get most sewer bosses when farming for the style pages, even in enemy territories, without coming across other players in early hours. I was in full pve gear so there was no chance I'd survive against pvp players, but it was pretty empty at that time. Not ideal, but when events happen, it's best to just get the quests done as soon as possible. The one in arboretum, when you have to kill atros/daedroths and gather documents, is pretty fast. Also, if more players are int the zone, form a group,a s there's safety in numbers and objectives get done quicker.
  • Gadget4
    Gadget4
    ✭✭✭
    Zeni opened more servers prior to the event starting .. I had to laugh when I saw the divide ...

1st server
    AD 3 bar
    EP 0 bar
    DC 0 bar

2nd server
    AD 0 bar
    EP 3 bar
    DC 0 bar

3rd server
    AD 0 bar
    EP 0 bar
    DC 3 bar

:D
    PS5 EU (UK)
    PS5 NA
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gadget4 wrote: »
    Zeni opened more servers prior to the event starting .. I had to laugh when I saw the divide ...

1st server
    AD 3 bar
    EP 0 bar
    DC 0 bar

2nd server
    AD 0 bar
    EP 3 bar
    DC 0 bar

3rd server
    AD 0 bar
    EP 0 bar
    DC 3 bar

303krn.jpg
    On eu all CP and NO-CP IC campaign (3 for each) was pop lock for every alliance, with a queue ~70 people for cp and ~10 people for non-cp
    Edited by Fhritz on August 26, 2021 10:19PM
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some DC trying to gank right now.

lVMCuyx.png
    PC NA
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me right now

600-02883264en_Masterfile.jpg

Love this event. 25 000 tel var in one evening
    Edited by Olen_Mikko on August 26, 2021 10:30PM
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

1st server
    AD 3 bar
    EP 0 bar
    DC 0 bar

2nd server
    AD 0 bar
    EP 3 bar
    DC 0 bar

3rd server
    AD 0 bar
    EP 0 bar
    DC 3 bar

Good information to provide.

But we all should still remember that these are still PvP zones first and foremost. PvP can happen there even if we do not want it to.

Personally I find IC boring and since I do not need more than ten tickets from this event I do not need to go there.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because of the way Imperial City is designed, players get rewards whether it's a "good fight" or a cheap one. Even if you have zero Tel Var, they still get AP from killing you.

The other thing to consider is that players who don't know how to PVP effectively or aren't built for PVP aren't likely to be capable of a "good fight." It takes some practice to survive a gank and then to turn the tables on your attacker. Players who haven't or who don't want to put in the time for that practice face a very steep learning curve right now. And I don't think there's any way to get around that - if the only time players PVP is casually during MYM and the IC events, then it's pretty hard to practice the type of skills, situational awareness, and reflexes that help turn a "cheap kill" into a "good fight."

Still, enemy players in Imperial City are 100% fair targets whether they are casual or not.
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly they should make this zone opt in for pvp and if you do opt in you get a bonus to those stones.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will happily bomb you right after your group looted that boss. Thank you very much, we'll see again at Midyear Mayhem.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just make sure they are cheap kills in every sense and that AP is all they get from you. Bank your TV before you go into the city, and every time you get ANY go back and bank it, don't ever let it accumulate. If you're gonna die anyway, may as well go out with pettiness. :D
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Folkb wrote: »
    Honestly they should make this zone opt in for pvp and if you do opt in you get a bonus to those stones.

If you don't opt in, why should you get any Tel Var?

If you just want to roam around PVEing, there's already a no risk currency for killing mobs and minibosses: gold. Tel Var is specifically for that additional risk/reward mechanic.
    Edited by VaranisArano on August 26, 2021 11:07PM
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is just ridiculous, so many events require IC dailies - THEY ARE REALLY BORING.

I don't care whether I get killed in IC (it is only pixels, some folks would do well to remember that) but just doing the same thing over and over for various events is absolutely tedious. I have had enough of IC dailies required for events. Bored with IC - you are not making me love it by making me do it.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Folkb wrote: »

No they really shouldn't. It is a zone unique to the game and needs to stay unique. If they did for some reason decide to make it possible to enter the zone without participating in PvP there should be zero rewards other than a small amount of XP and the same loot drops you would get killing a skeever in Rivenspire.

On another note so far most the gankers I have encountered are not experienced PvP'rs. I went in without my PvP gear and did get thumped but almost won the fight. Once I switched my gear and skills I was able to either kill or chase away most the gankers and I am average at best in PvP land. Players good at PvP do not need the pitiful amount of AP you get from jumping players just trying to do a quest.
    There was a team of four red camping outside the entrance for Daggerfall in the sewers that were experienced PvPrs working together. Once we killed their healer the others fell pretty quick.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

1st server
    AD 3 bar
    EP 0 bar
    DC 0 bar

2nd server
    AD 0 bar
    EP 3 bar
    DC 0 bar

3rd server
    AD 0 bar
    EP 0 bar
    DC 3 bar

This is meaningless since the gankers will not go to "their zone" by definition.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • HalvarIronfist
    HalvarIronfist
    ✭✭✭✭

It's... a PVP zone. If you don't want to deal with it, don't go there. Nobody is forcing you to do so.

This same argument comes up every time a PVP zone gets any event.

Nothing is going to change, people are still going to whine for the mere sake of it, and we're going to continue seeing these posts until ESO exists no more.

Edit: Unlike an Event like Midyear Mayhem, or IC event in it's own... You can go to Orsinium OR Craglorn to play this event as well. There's absolutely no need to negatively rope PVP players into the "Wah they're killing PVE players" discussion again.
    Edited by HalvarIronfist on August 27, 2021 12:56AM
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The other thing to consider is that players who don't know how to PVP effectively or aren't built for PVP aren't likely to be capable of a "good fight." It takes some practice to survive a gank and then to turn the tables on your attacker. Players who haven't or who don't want to put in the time for that practice face a very steep learning curve right now. And I don't think there's any way to get around that - if the only time players PVP is casually during MYM and the IC events, then it's pretty hard to practice the type of skills, situational awareness, and reflexes that help turn a "cheap kill" into a "good fight."

And this paragraph here is why there should be a PvE and PvP way of earning maximum tickets for each event.

Come on ZOS, really let people play how they want.

• CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's insane alright. It's 50% NB cloakblades and 20% people wearing the insane new sets out there in PvP now.

These new sets really might be the straw that breaks the camels back for ESO PVP, and right before the sale to MS too.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »

And this paragraph here is why there should be a PvE and PvP way of earning maximum tickets for each event.

You can play how you want. You might miss out on a daily reward though. The point of these events is to get players to do things they might normally not do. At least it is a PvE daily in a PvP zone. They can be accomplished without ever engaging an enemy player.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Something to just let people know if they don't already know; Revealing Flare (and it's morphs) is a significant area of denial now. When my alliance had the district, I had the two catapults covered with one flare alone and I was able to cover the one in the street behind it on the same side for almost 20 minutes and there wasn't a single ganking the whole time I was doing it. To quote Vevvev who has already taken a screenshot of it;
    Vevvev wrote: »
    They say a picture is worth a thousand words.
    20210824223503_1.jpg

It also grants Major Protection just for the slotting of it, so if you're not well built for PvP in terms of armor resists? Every little bit helps. Magelight and Detect Potions also seen a similar buff, the latter being visible to ONLY YOU. Most who camp things are counting on you to not be using them, which is why they're going to be successful taking you down. Taking that power away is essentially reducing their chances at killing you and increasing yours at both finishing your quest and pushing them off of those quest objectives.

I also get that some people will say "I shouldn't have to use those" or "It doesn't stop cloaked damage" etc. I'm not putting this here to debate or entertain a debate. I'm putting this here for the people who don't know.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

You can play how you want. You might miss out on a daily reward though. The point of these events is to get players to do things they might normally not do. At least it is a PvE daily in a PvP zone. They can be accomplished without ever engaging an enemy player.

Then it isn’t how you want. Support for both play styles would be equitable rather than enforced engagement.

For whose good is it to get players “to do things they might normally not do”?

I have hated it in every game in which I have either taken part in PK or PvP since these things were text based. It feels astonishingly condescending on ZOS’ part for them to continue suggesting that if I try it, again, on the basis of their contrived encouragement, that I just might like it this time.

And this is speaking as someone who only needs the Craglorn/Wrothgar dailies to accomplish all I need to this time. I don’t need IC at all. It is just a crappy move.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sephyr wrote: »
    Something to just let people know if they don't already know; Revealing Flare (and it's morphs) is a significant area of denial now. When my alliance had the district, I had the two catapults covered with one flare alone and I was able to cover the one in the street behind it on the same side for almost 20 minutes and there wasn't a single ganking the whole time I was doing it. To quote Vevvev who has already taken a screenshot of it;
    20210824223503_1.jpg

It also grants Major Protection just for the slotting of it, so if you're not well built for PvP in terms of armor resists? Every little bit helps. Magelight and Detect Potions also seen a similar buff, the latter being visible to ONLY YOU. Most who camp things are counting on you to not be using them, which is why they're going to be successful taking you down. Taking that power away is essentially reducing their chances at killing you and increasing yours at both finishing your quest and pushing them off of those quest objectives.

I also get that some people will say "I shouldn't have to use those" or "It doesn't stop cloaked damage" etc. I'm not putting this here to debate or entertain a debate. I'm putting this here for the people who don't know.

I didn't know, and I really appreciate the info!
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's... a PVP zone. If you don't want to deal with it, don't go there. Nobody is forcing you to do so.

This same argument comes up every time a PVP zone gets any event.

Nothing is going to change, people are still going to whine for the mere sake of it, and we're going to continue seeing these posts until ESO exists no more.

Edit: Unlike an Event like Midyear Mayhem, or IC event in it's own... You can go to Orsinium OR Craglorn to play this event as well. There's absolutely no need to negatively rope PVP players into the "Wah they're killing PVE players" discussion again.

There is if you want both tickets.

I know that they do not pay attention to any suggested improvements here, but they still provide the forum. They could solve much of the ganking problem by reducing the reward for it. Several proposals for that have been made over time. Though they haven't fixed the quest problem of not marking the ladders in the AD base (as they do in the other bases), so I am not going to hold my breath waiting.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    Sephyr wrote: »
    20210824223503_1.jpg

I didn't know, and I really appreciate the info!

I will mention that the slotting of it is Major Protection and not actual armor resist, so tanks and such may already either have a source or already have too much armor for it to become effective. But it still helps a person who's really needing that extra survivability and every little bit helps. :D

I know I sass people about when they don't use counters, but I figured giving some insight into the things that have been adjusted might encourage people to maybe look at it a little more objectively. This could very well help keep people off the quest objectives and probably in a corner.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s nothing in the phrase “play how you want” that also means EVERY reward in the game will be available to you for ONLY playing how you want. If I only want to solo, trial gear is not available to me and I understand that. If I don’t want to enter a pvp zone during an event that gives a reward for doing a quest in that zone I’m not going to get that reward and I understand that too. For this event ZOS gives us two different ways to get rewards, and it’s our choice to go after one or both of the event tickets each day.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I disagree about each event. I think it's silly to insist that there needs to be a PVE-only way to earn tickets for Midyear Mayhem, which is a celebration of all things PVP. There are a bunch of PVE-only events. There's nothing wrong with having a PVP-only event.

But for the Year One Event? I really don't know why ZOS didn't let players do White Gold Tower or Imperial City Prison for tickets. They did in past Imperial City events.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

Then it isn’t how you want. Support for both play styles would be equitable rather than enforced engagement.

For whose good is it to get players “to do things they might normally not do”?

I have hated it in every game in which I have either taken part in PK or PvP since these things were text based. It feels astonishingly condescending on ZOS’ part for them to continue suggesting that if I try it, again, on the basis of their contrived encouragement, that I just might like it this time.

And this is speaking as someone who only needs the Craglorn/Wrothgar dailies to accomplish all I need to this time. I don’t need IC at all. It is just a crappy move.

Support for both play styles by eliminating one of those playstyles? You are not forced to engage. You can avoid enemy players in a variety of ways. Sometimes you can't. When that happens to me on my 2nd account I just accept I am about to die, spawn and try to get to my objective again.

it is good for the game to entice players to try things they might not normally do. I know several players who would have never tried PvP without some kind of encouragement that decided they liked PvP. New players joining in on all aspects of the game is good for the long term health of the game. You might not like it and that is fine. Others may come to like it and that is also fine. Either way players get to play how they want.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew it would be a good show. Personally, you cannot pay me to enter IC.

I know that there are groups of NBs that gank single players there and there are little to no things you can do besides hit the roll button repeatedly and drop an ult.

Very satisfying when they all die and start sending some hate messages, but unsatisfying when they have no tel var and simply spawn back and keep doing it until they die. And when that fails, they just call 30+ players to kill you :D

I only spent an hour in IC, but after experiencing the above, ZOS can keep the tickets. I only care about gear anyway!