Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Feb 15 Cyrodiil Test Details

• Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you ZOS for listening the community 😁👍
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • HomelessKoala
    HomelessKoala
    ✭✭
    Thanks to everyone for participating in this latest Cyrodiil test where we disabled all proc sets. Similar to what many of you have noted in your feedback, we found this test did not impact performance in a measurable amount; if anything, there was a very slight degradation of performance at times, likely due to a higher population of players in Cyrodiil.

We’ve heard from a lot of you that despite performance largely being the same, disabling proc sets has breathed new life into PvP gameplay and has made fights more enjoyable and fun. To that end, we’ll be leaving proc sets disabled until Update 31 launches in Q3. At that point, we will have implemented some new code so we can have more flexibility to campaign rulesets as it applies to proc sets. We’ll work on applying all this to consoles as well, and we’ll let you know when we have a date for this starting.

Now that we’ve had time to digest a lot of data and information, we have a better idea of next steps and the work needed to produce noticeable improvements to performance in Cyrodiil. This work is complex and will take a fair amount of time and effort. We are committed to improving the PvP experience, though, and we have already begun scheduling out this work. Please note that none of the scheduled work will implement any of the changes we made on PC during past tests, and at this time we don’t plan to run any additional tests.

When Update 29 launches on Monday for PC, we’ll be turning off double AP but proc sets will remain disabled as mentioned above. We appreciate the time everyone spent in Cyrodiil during these tests and all the feedback that’s been submitted.
    Thanks to everyone for participating in this latest Cyrodiil test where we disabled all proc sets. Similar to what many of you have noted in your feedback, we found this test did not impact performance in a measurable amount; if anything, there was a very slight degradation of performance at times, likely due to a higher population of players in Cyrodiil.

We’ve heard from a lot of you that despite performance largely being the same, disabling proc sets has breathed new life into PvP gameplay and has made fights more enjoyable and fun. To that end, we’ll be leaving proc sets disabled until Update 31 launches in Q3. At that point, we will have implemented some new code so we can have more flexibility to campaign rulesets as it applies to proc sets. We’ll work on applying all this to consoles as well, and we’ll let you know when we have a date for this starting.

Now that we’ve had time to digest a lot of data and information, we have a better idea of next steps and the work needed to produce noticeable improvements to performance in Cyrodiil. This work is complex and will take a fair amount of time and effort. We are committed to improving the PvP experience, though, and we have already begun scheduling out this work. Please note that none of the scheduled work will implement any of the changes we made on PC during past tests, and at this time we don’t plan to run any additional tests.

When Update 29 launches on Monday for PC, we’ll be turning off double AP but proc sets will remain disabled as mentioned above. We appreciate the time everyone spent in Cyrodiil during these tests and all the feedback that’s been submitted.

Great. Thank you for ruining PVP more just because pleb players can’t spend enough time figuring out how to fight properly. You have ruined our group optimisations that we spent tens of hours creating and now we probably won’t be entering cyrodiil for the rest of the year Thanks a lot @ZOS_GinaBruno you can’t seriously think it enhanced gameplay by limiting everyone to those sets? This is an absolute joke. Stop listening to people who aren’t actual PVP’ers and maybe start listening to the people that have spent years in there playing that part of your game? Genuinely upset about this.
  • midgetfromtheshire
    midgetfromtheshire
    ✭✭✭✭

"Slight"

940x450-This-is-fine-750x450.jpg
    Get rid of faction locks.
  • Lord_Zele
    Lord_Zele
    ✭✭✭
    Will the Golden Vendor Be changed or adjusted? Tonight's Golden was Caluurion's, Nerien'eth, Troll King, War Maiden. All sets we cannot use in Cyrodiil at the time being? (and won't be able to until Q3) I understand we can still use them in Battlegrounds, IC, and in Duels still. However, it makes me feel like the Golden Vendor is less relevant.

Anyways, my main complaint is that I won't be able to use the Damage Proc Sets for 6 months. I don't want to PvP with Spriggans/Hundings or Julianos/Spinners for another 6 months. It'll feel boring. I was getting ready to test some new sets being released, only to find out I can't test them in Cyrodiil. New sets that were being introduced with the upcoming DLC.
    Don't get me wrong, I hated this Free Damage Proc Meta. Sets like Venomous/Selene's should be a thing but not over perform like they do currently. On top of this, I will deeply miss my Golded Out Sets like Clever Alch, Burning Spell Weave, and others.
    I think Q3 Is WAY too long to keep these tests live. At this point, I'd rather get Triple Proc'd Down than not use/test out Builds I had planned for upcoming patches. We all know none of this changed performance anyways. ESPECIALLY with Cross Healing making a comeback.

I would LOVE to see Stat Procs be reintroduced at least. However, I understand that they meet the Proc conditions and they probably won't be re-enabled. I feel like most players just enjoyed the more "skillfull" PvP we were able to get over any type of performance. (Again which didn't change, especially with the addition of Cross Healing being re-enabled.) Still had a blast overall in Cyrodiil though!

Thank you ZOS for these tests, it is very nice to see more attention to PvP and Cyrodiil in particular.

@Lord_Zele -GODSLAYER GM- Flawless Conqueror, Former Emperor, Just Another Player 1.3k+CP) YouTube Partner
    YT: https://www.youtube.com/c/LordZele
    Twitch: https://twitch.tv/lord_zele
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. You did not ask us if we 'liked' this. There was no poll. There was no survey.
    Where did you get this data from? I feel this entire post by Zos is complete fabrication. Prove me wrong. Post the data. (And why no one I know in game or zone has heard of any survey/poll/feedback opportunity).

2. When entire PvP teams defect for 3wks to Valheim, people are not enjoying themselves.
    Have you looked at who is doing PvP at the moment?
    Did you consider that with this, along with those who already are screaming about cp, might sink an already almost unplayable ship?

4. 'Proc' sets for the purpose of testing included backbone sets that players have never had issues with.
    Since the testing is done, are you putting staple sets like Seducer back in game?

5. Players have made it super clear that pay to win sets like Crimson are issues from PTS.
    Why was PTS feedback ignored, and then the player community slapped with a set ban for months?

6. PvP is unbalanced towards stamina now.
    How do you plan to address this?

7. Personally, I have 6 PvP toons. Am I expected to pay for the mats to outfit them while this set ban is in place for months?

8. Are you being honest about 'players don't want to play with any of their proc sets anymore' to make it easier to problem shoot the trouble we all expect from the new cp system?

9. We have been hearing that 'pvp matters' for four years. No promises were kept. Now you say you have 'found' things to work on. Is that true? Please name those things if so, and give us an honest timeline for that being done.
    Edited by merevie on March 6, 2021 12:39AM
  • Aerenthir
    Aerenthir
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, all our displeasure will be ignored. Gina is probably getting way too many pings and she won't reply to anyone most likely.

The mods will keep deleting posts they find negative and this thread will be closed probably once they are overwhelmed by the sheer amount of posts, even when we keep it completely civil.

My issue is that even without proc sets performance wasn't better. It was much, much worse. At least for me.

On top of the game being unplayable during prime time, which is the only free time i have, it now has no diversity at all.

I don't understand how they can take such a decision now before a major release such as Oblivion. I for first time ever since i play this won't be pre purchasing or purchasing at all. As someone who plays PvP only it's completely irrelevant to me, since i won't be able to use any of the sets.

It is really unfortunate how downhill this has been going for the past year+

P.S If there was actual performance improvement from this i'd be all hands on the proc set removal, but to get worse performance while having less options to play is just ... absurd.
    Edited by Aerenthir on March 6, 2021 12:35AM
  • DemonNinja
    DemonNinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only thing that expresses this reality of Cyrodiil and this situation at present:
    200.gif

Honestly, what is even happening? How can you in good faith just remove part of the game because a handful of people who spend an hour a week in PvP said they thought it was good? Not to mention the fact that I pre-ordered the new expansion so I would have access to the sets for PvP. Now that has gone out the window. Guess I have to put a ticket in to request a refund.
    @DemonNinja
    Aerilon Starsider - Best Sorcerer NA
    World Record Trial Team Member & Game Breaker of Days Past
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I just pre-ordered a DLC that has sets I won't be able to use in cyrodiil?

Yeah that was kind of a lowdown move, advertising "Last chance to preorder and get this cool pet!" then after people panic and drop that cash the next day it's "Oh, by the way! You won't be able to use the new sets in Cyrodiil!" *yanks rug out from under you*
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for keeping no proc PvP.

Keeping proc sets brings you instant profit but you gave up some short term profits for a long term better game.

I originally planned to stop my ESO plus but I'll renew it to support this decision. B)
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheers ! Awesome :)
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the test made performance worse why are you extending it and inflicting the same change to console?
  • hands0medevil
    hands0medevil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry but playing this game feels more and more like sailing on a ship without a rudder. I don't care - proc sets or not. But I can hardly see any planned direction of things you are doing. You fill the game with countless procs then you flip the table and say "we don't want it anymore but thanks for buying". So no balance changes, no explanation, no information in advance, just disable things. After 6 years we are still paying for the opportunity to beta test one of the core parts of the game. I just want to kindly remind you that the Three Banners War is the main theme of the game. And it doesn't work, at least the pvp part you were so proud of in the past. So maybe, just maybe if you can't focus on fixing your core game, stop adding new themes as chapters. Because they screw things even more. And please, give the PVP in this game some love that it truly deserves. A few PVP twitch streamers draw the audience that dozens of questing streamers can't. Even though you push them away from the game.
    Edited by hands0medevil on March 6, 2021 12:53AM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    madrab73 wrote: »
    If the test made performance worse why are you extending it and inflicting the same change to console?

[snip]

Sorry that you console folks have to experience what we have been dealing with for the past three weeks on PC. The performance degradation is quite noticeable.

[Edited to remove Bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 6, 2021 1:47PM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    madrab73 wrote: »

Sorry man, you're being dragged down with us.
    I play this game a little bit I guess
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Great. Thank you for ruining PVP more just because pleb players can’t spend enough time figuring out how to fight properly. You have ruined our group optimisations that we spent tens of hours creating and now we probably won’t be entering cyrodiil for the rest of the year Thanks a lot @ZOS_GinaBruno you can’t seriously think it enhanced gameplay by limiting everyone to those sets? This is an absolute joke. Stop listening to people who aren’t actual PVP’ers and maybe start listening to the people that have spent years in there playing that part of your game? Genuinely upset about this.

Actually it’s the opposite, now people will have to actually learn how to play instead of crutching on proc sets to do it for them. Pvp should be player vs player, not player vs proc.
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Half a year where mag sorc dominates the other classes that have no effective way to counter them. yay -_-
  • IAmIcehouse
    IAmIcehouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    RIP Theorycrafting. Why even have gear if everyone's wearing the same? Right when I thought things were going to look good next patch. I just don't even know what to say.
  • Crash427
    Crash427
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »

Actually it’s the opposite, now people will have to actually learn how to play instead of crutching on proc sets to do it for them. Pvp should be player vs player, not player vs proc.

Doubt it. People will just roll sorcs and hide behind stacks while spamming wrath/fury
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should disable proc sets in PvE for 6 months too. They're just cheese and carry people, and give people an unfair advantage, so disabling them in PvE will make PvE more balanced and interesting.
    ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Crash427 wrote: »

Doubt it. People will just roll sorcs and hide behind stacks while spamming wrath/fury

I’d rather get killed by a sorc using actual skills then someone spamming light or heavy attacks letting their procs do it for them.
  • Crash427
    Crash427
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’d rather get killed by a sorc using actual skills then someone spamming light or heavy attacks letting their procs do it for them.

Honestly i'd take either if it fixed the gmae
  • Kingsman1995
    Kingsman1995
    ✭✭✭

I'm absolutely Gutted ZOS has done this. All the time, effort and money I've spent in this game to get all the sets in the game and I'm limited to 18 sets in PVP. Cyrodiil on EU server has been super laggy. I can quickly get into cyrodiil because the que is much lower now. Which i think indicated less people are playing PVP due to tests.

Mag/stam sorcs are going to be dominating for the next 6 months. I don't get why sets like Vicious Death and Titanborn are disabled. These set's are literally high risk/high reward sets which i think makes cyrodiil better. Can't ZOS do something like you can only wear 1 proc set? People dislike proc sets because people wear like 3 different proc sets which I completely get. But surely you can figure out someway to limit how many proc sets a player can wear to like 1 or 2. We can pretty much guess whats coming our way in combat now. When procs were enabled we never new, like we could be getting bombed, sniped and so on. Now It just feels way to predictable and well put bluntly rubbish.

This game is a master piece quite literally. I have had loads of fun playing this game, always improving and discovering new stuff. But I literally can't see myself playing this much longer. When i play this game my time is spent like this

PVP 75%
    PVE 20%
    Writs/farming 5%.

So this change has literally taken 75% of the fun out of the game for me

AHH man what a mess ZOS is making of this. Any free pet you give us is not going to make up for this. Can't see myself investing time into this game much longer so i be unsubscribing from eso plus. Until this horror is sorted out.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm fine to be killed by skills instead of crimson, malacatch, alessian, venom sets, the new whatever arena sets, etc.

It's boring to be killed by sets.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayserix wrote: »
    I love the no proxy, it just makes the skill of the players that more important than relying on set. Thanks

Proxy isnt even a set. It is a skill lmao

He might be referring to bombers

Bombers use proxy det. If people are going to be commenting about what they want nerfed, they should at least take the time to understand it before posting.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rewards of the worthy might need a rethink. :|
  • DemonNinja
    DemonNinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rewards of the worthy might need a rethink. :|

Understatement of the year. Basically ALL the rewards in Cyrodiil should be adjusted if they decide to keep this for 6-7 months. Rewards of the Worthy. End of Campaign Rewards. Quest rewards. Golden Vendor. E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G.
    @DemonNinja
    Aerilon Starsider - Best Sorcerer NA
    World Record Trial Team Member & Game Breaker of Days Past
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    we should get get quadruple AP for this lol
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds to me like you may need to spend some time figuring out how to fight properly. You seem to think you need your damage to come from gear sets when in fact procs have always been a pvp crutch. I've played solo respectably without procs throughout the game. Procs have ruined the game and ZoS is finally going to fix the issue. Don't worry, you'll still have 11 players there so you can kill that one player you've been chasing around
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds to me like you may need to spend some time figuring out how to fight properly. You seem to think you need your damage to come from gear sets when in fact procs have always been a pvp crutch. I've played solo respectably without procs throughout the game. Procs have ruined the game and ZoS is finally going to fix the issue. Don't worry, you'll still have 11 players there so you can kill that one player you've been chasing around

Removing most available sets from PvP isn’t fixing the issue though. The entire itemization of the game has to be drastically changed if they want to keep this going.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! I will now actually play eso again. I swear, console right now if 3 people light attack you then you're dead
This discussion has been closed.