Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Feb 15 Cyrodiil Test Details

• FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you guys enjoy the 6-month No-Double-AP Sorcerer Celebration, I'll be in BGs if I PvP at all for the next 6 months!
  • Crash427
    Crash427
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Cyro will continue to suck, but BGs will still suck for the opposite reason. At least I can get an NPC to follow me around so I can RP in my new 100$ house.

Thanks for making your priorities clear ZOS.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is going to get pretty boring. We can't even use more then half the game sets in cyrodiil for that long? Can we at least open up sets like bone pirate, NMA, bright throat, etc?
  • forzajuve212
    forzajuve212
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No build variety, no game balance, no lag fix, and no double AP. And we're supposed to just log in and continue playing?
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No build variety, no game balance, no lag fix, and no double AP. And we're supposed to just log in and continue playing?

And you're supposed to smile and pretend you enjoy it, here, have a free pet.
  • Shogun54
    Shogun54
    ✭✭
    I have unsubscribed from ESO+ and will not longer be playing this game. ZoS you are utterly out of touch and this is a completely dreadful move on your part. Do better. Be better.
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found it pretty bland and boring to be honest
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol this game is going far down the drain faster then a plumber can fix it.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make an equalized set of gear available only active in cyro like many other games do. Keep skills and CP untouched that way players will be forced to use their skill / minds not their procs or meta builds.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boring
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Literally what is the point in selling dlc if all of the sets available are not gonna be useable in cyrodiil? Every decision you make is honestly so bad :joy: It's just funny at this point.

Everyone complaining about proc sets now, just wait as they start to get bored later on down the road with no build diversity. this game just lost it's diversity.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TwinLamps wrote: »
    so malacath wont work for 6 more months?

Malacath is a proc set?

Yes. All set lines that include anything other than a flat number bonus are considered "procs" for this purpose because the game code has to run a check.

That includes percentages (like Malacath), chances, conditions (including specific damage types), cost increases or reductions, and named buffs.

This applies on a line-item basis to set bonuses only. For example, New Moon bonuses 2-4 work fine, but the fifth piece is entirely disabled (no extra damage, no cost increase) because of the cost increase. Many one-piece monster sets work, but those with, e.g., +X% to healing do not. All second-piece monster sets are disabled, iirc, including things like Chudan and Slimecraw (because Major Resolve and Minor Berserk are named buffs, and the server has to check if you already have that to know whether to add their stats).

Malacath's glyph and trait should still work, since they're not set bonuses, but it's hardly worth running for those alone when you can get them from jewelry pieces of sets that will have their bonuses work.

There are only 19 sets in game that are completely unaffected. They're in the first post in this thread.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    LMAO at this point I really feel bad for ZOS. People literally COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERYTHING. First they complain about procs, then when ZOS disabled all procs including stat based procs, they complain about it. Like man there is just nothing that satisfies you guys lmao. If you want to quit, quit. It'll leave more room for people who genuinely appreciate a no proc cyrodiil environment. Yea we won't be able to use the stat sets we like, but who cares? PvP will be at its best state that it's ever been. And it's not like they're not gonna put in the work to re-enable some sets. They'll have to rework the coding and it takes time. Seriously, I can't stress enough how good this decision is. Finally I and many like-minded others can PvP without seeing a single proc on our death recap. Rejoice

Anyone actually debating in good faith knows that there is a world of difference between a toxic cheese set like Crimson or Venomous Smite and a "proc set" like Bloodspawn or Balorgh.

Nearly everyone was arguing against the former and was aghast when ZOS overreached and banned the latter.
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just make an equalized set of gear available only active in cyro like many other games do. Keep skills and CP untouched that way players will be forced to use their skill / minds not their procs or meta builds.

THIS!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ElizabethInTamriel; @ElizabethInESO
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Incursion
    Incursion
    ✭✭✭
    The major thing this game has going for it was honestly theory crafting builds. This move is extremely lazy, if procs sets are a major issue fix them. Instead you disable most sets because of proc sets? The test was supposed to see if the sets were causing the poor performance issues, they were not. Proc sets were way overtuned 100% so fix it. At the very least I dont have to buy the expansion now. 10/10 zos
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who do we talk to about refunds for DLCs we have purchased? I'll buy them back after you enable all the sets again.
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah - sub cancelled.
    I play this game a little bit I guess
  • DemonNinja
    DemonNinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont think anyone wanted the complete removal of proc sets, just the removal of the really bad ones like Crimson, and the rebalance of others. :s
    @DemonNinja
    Aerilon Starsider - Best Sorcerer NA
    World Record Trial Team Member & Game Breaker of Days Past
  • Iskaldt
    Iskaldt
    ✭✭✭
    This is some new high level [snip].

Does ZoS seriously think that leaving us with 15 sets to play with for over half a year is a good idea ??

i have barely touched cyrodiil during this "no proc" test, becouse i cant play on any of the characters i have without rebuilding and spending money on uninteresting [snip] setups.

not more than a day since i got pissed at a stupid decicion made by ZoS. And now i log on to the forum to see this *** making me even more PISSED OFF.

When there was NO notable performance increase from this *** test, then you bring it back to the way it was before so people can actually play their characters the way they want.

I would like to see this so called positive feedback !?

This game is going down the drain, and i swear im on the last straw, and that straw is a thin one.

[Edited to remove Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 6, 2021 1:42PM
  • RecktrithiusOediphitry
    Good to know ZoS that the set that I have just farmed few days ago won't work in Cyrodiil for the next few months. Poor communication + poor decisions + no race change token with new patch = no sub renewal from me next month, lmao, what were you thinking.

Edited by RecktrithiusOediphitry on March 6, 2021 10:53AM
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But how do you know that for certain? You turned on group healing at the same time you turned off procs. I will concede that we dont have the data you have, but this seems like a questionable way to control variables for your testing.

I'd assume they likely have a control sample with all functions enabled, aka data from before testing started.
    If you use such a data as a starting point for comparison then you'd actually have to re-enable a function you disabled for a previous test to be able to properly measure the effects of your next change.

Alternatively you can use the new test results as base and leave the function disabled.
    Either way you can still isolate the effects of the change, ultimately this decision rests on player reception.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So many complains, but in another thread with poll, most player support no-proc Cyrodiil so you are in minority. Of course it would be perfect to make something better than just 15 sets (bring back all minor,major buff sets and other similiar with some conditions - disable mainly sets affecting other players, self healing nad other op, unbalanced). Most of player can agree that previous situation was very unhealthy for classic Cyrodiil experience and something has to be done. I really hope that in future we will get some complex solutions for this problem.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • noneatza
    noneatza
    ✭✭✭
    As someone that only did pvp once a month for tier 1 rewards i can safely say these changes are good. Before this change people farted in my direction and i died. Now i actually kill people and when i did cyro on my main with hundings and leviathan i legit found myself playing way, way after i achieved tier1 rewards, and when i'm bored i've actually started considering jumping into cyro now. I've never even considered cyro a fun activity until now.

As for the best part of all this "no proc sets" is that the respective sets are unchanged in pve. NICE.
  • Incursion
    Incursion
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah please show us this "positive feedback"
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many complains, but in another thread with poll, ...

And in another other thread, just 11% of players wanted no-proc as the permanent solution.

What does that tell us? Nothing. Forum polls mean nothing and are there to fuel chat, not to inform actual business decisions that people's incomes rely on.
    Edited by rbfrgsp on March 6, 2021 12:11AM
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate the proc meta and have enjoyed the tests but I think having so few of options for 6 months is a bit much when just some sets need damage toned down, and the big chunk of what makes it is being able to just stack health and defense and get the same damage from procs, and great healing from health based heals. Just cap health at 30k and reduce proc damage all in battle spirit
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I just pre-ordered a DLC that has sets I won't be able to use in cyrodiil?
  • monkiie
    monkiie
    ✭✭✭
    Either keep all proc sets and balance them or change your definition of a proc. Having only 18 sets to choose from is not the "play your way" elder scrolls online you guys have been advocating for how long now? Monster helms and stat based "proc" sets should be allowed into this testing (burning spellweave, clever alch, new moon, etc). I don't understand how ZOS can be this out of touch with their PvP community. 6 months of taking it in the a$$ by magsorcs? nah ill let my boyfriend do that instead. deuces.
    Edited by monkiie on March 6, 2021 12:35AM
  • SonofThunder
    SonofThunder
    ✭✭✭
    This is beyond bush league.
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look on the bright side: Those of us who prefer to spend most of our time in PvP now have no reason to spend a dime on new expansions or DLC, since we won't be able to use any of the new items or sets in PvP.

I also like how they're sending the message that horrific performance is exactly what they're looking for.
    ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
This discussion has been closed.