Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Feb 15 Cyrodiil Test Details

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is fantastic news for me, eso+ is already bought now. There is very few sets viable atm, wich makes very few builds for cyrodiil, I wish some sets would still be turned on, like bone pirate, bright throat and "harmless" procc sets such as bloodspawn or mighty chudan. But this is great news indeed!

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you ZOS, this is so good information - at last sieges and skill will matter, not your "tsss-tsss gear" :) Proc lovers can still have fun in IC and BGS, while in Cyrodiil we can focus again on Cyrodiil mechanics, not only purge'ing and aplying gear effects on others...
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Xelsa
    Xelsa
    ✭✭
    I would read the reason for the short list of sets is poor coding, which they said they are working on. Really don't believe the claim on sorcs being everywhere. The kill 20 quests that are going fastest for me are wardens and dragonknights. Maybe it's different in cp.

At least in no cp, gameplay has been the most balanced in ages. Most of the recent proc sets have been cheese, and arguably pay to win cheese since they are locked behind dlc.
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP ESO PvP.
    This last week has been deathly boring and the lowest population on PC EU at all times of day.

I think they are quietly trying to kill off cyrodiil as a game format, and no amount of forum "This is great!" astroturfing posts will save it.
  • AgentZenish
    AgentZenish
    ✭✭✭
    I’ll be the first to say I enjoyed the feeling of solo no proc set combat. It was refreshing and a fun change of pace.

But 6/7 months? No.

This is disappointing and will be extremely damaging to the pvp community who has been hanging on by a thread.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayserix wrote: »
    erio wrote: »
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Cant we just disable the bad procs everyone hates and enable some. Like why is stuff like seducers disabled?

There is no bad proc sets. One proc set alone isn’t the issue, it’s using multiple proc sets at the same. One proc set enabled won’t make or break PvP, having two or three procs going off at once is the problem.

How is something like seducers bad? Simple answer, its not.
    Again, Why is zos disabling all but 15 sets when the new CP system ALL ABOUT DIVERSTITY AND CHOICE is coming out.

He never said Seducer was bad.

I never said they did.
  • SHOW
    SHOW
    ✭✭✭
    Please ADD a NO PROC campaign for XBOX!!!!

:)
  • Jayserix
    Jayserix
    ✭✭✭
    Cant we just disable the bad procs everyone hates and enable some. Like why is stuff like seducers disabled?

There is no bad proc sets. One proc set alone isn’t the issue, it’s using multiple proc sets at the same. One proc set enabled won’t make or break PvP, having two or three procs going off at once is the problem.

Again, Why is zos disabling all but 15 sets when the new CP system ALL ABOUT DIVERSTITY AND CHOICE is coming out.

I never said they did.

Then why are you single it out ?
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never said they did.

Because I said to raise the number of sets allowed, and they start talking about proc sets and how having them on is bad. I said how is something like seducers bad lmfao. As if performance hasnt gotten worse since procs have been disabled anyway.
  • DemonNinja
    DemonNinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    rbfrgsp wrote: »
    RIP ESO PvP.
    This last week has been deathly boring and the lowest population on PC EU at all times of day.

I think they are quietly trying to kill off cyrodiil as a game format, and no amount of forum "This is great!" astroturfing posts will save it.

The only logic behind this that I can see is:
    1. They have some stat from analytics that shows an impact in server performance being impacted by both proc sets and CP.
    2. They want to continue testing, but with the new CP system. So thats another 3 week period, to allow time people to "break" things.
    3. They want to re-balance sets based on how things break in PvE with the new CP system, and then also factor in PvP which would in reality take about three months with a team their size for design, implementation, and test.

In which case I wish they would just communicate that. However, leaving this as is WILL kill cyrodiil and pvp communities in the game right now. That never seemed to stop them in the past, sadly.
    @DemonNinja
    Aerilon Starsider - Best Sorcerer NA
    World Record Trial Team Member & Game Breaker of Days Past
  • hands0medevil
    hands0medevil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's just be real. You want to fix cyrodiil for real??

The game pulls in 500 million dollars a year annually.

Time to be real and just upgrade the servers.

What I can tell you is that proc sets are not the issue.

It's 7 year old game servers that are the issue

It's players using lag switches but you won't upgrade the servers to actually be able to tell the difference.
    It's not having game masters like every other mmo out.

Its focusing only on pve and putting out yearly content instead of upgrading quality of life witin cyrodiil because only a fraction of the community pvp's; because that's the new norm or mmo's keeping things on life support and not improving them.

You want to say that now we need another test with pvp enabled in pve zones, maybe not all, but like 30-50% of zones, and pve only in cyrodiil? I wonder if it still will be laggy ^^
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it interesting ZOS decided to shut down 90% of the sets in the game instead of just changing the way maalcath’s band functions and adjusting the damage output values for sets like wrath of elements, venom, etc. Instead of fixing the actual problem with the proc sets they nuke everything else.
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, I don't want end of this test - I enjoy so much Cyrodiil without procs so I play every day at least a hour or two. I don't even mind lag and op sorcs, it's so much more fun. I don't see almost any snipe and that was most annoying sound ever :D

You play an hour or two everyday and think you know how performance is....okay rookie over here.
  • NoxofNight
    NoxofNight
    ✭✭
    I don't know how you can attribute the poor server performance to an increase in population when the main campaign was barely ever pop locked. It would maybe be active during primetime until it got too laggy for groups to deal with it, at which point they would log off. I can't think of a single night where I logged on and saw active fights in multiple areas on the map, as you would during a populated night usually. I know of multiple large and small guilds who completely quit running during this test due to both performance and a lack of fights. MYM works fine, but half-populated campaigns are too much to handle? Do not hide behind the excuse of the population being the reason behind server degradation.

We see time and time again where you balance this game based on what a few people say on the forums, as you are doing now in regards to keeping all proc sets out of Cyro until update 31. I know far more people have had a miserable experience in this test and have submitted feedback in-game than those who have had a pleasant one and have posted on the forums.

We're now all stuck fighting the same exact builds for months, without any variety between playstyles, because that's no longer allowed with the sets we're given to play with. There is no counter-play when fighting large groups now; it's whoever has the most numbers wins. Everyone on the alliance is now encouraged to stack on one spot on the map, heal each other, and attempt to defeat the opposite faction attacking them. This is not engaging gameplay. This is not the pvp that has kept me playing this game for over five years.
  • Jayserix
    Jayserix
    ✭✭✭

I never said they did.

Because I said to raise the number of sets allowed, and they start talking about proc sets and how having them on is bad. I said how is something like seducers bad lmfao. As if performance hasnt gotten worse since procs have been disabled anyway.

You're both saying the same thing differently : the current restrictions need some adjustments
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to everyone for participating in this latest Cyrodiil test where we disabled all proc sets. Similar to what many of you have noted in your feedback, we found this test did not impact performance in a measurable amount; if anything, there was a very slight degradation of performance at times, likely due to a higher population of players in Cyrodiil.

We’ve heard from a lot of you that despite performance largely being the same, disabling proc sets has breathed new life into PvP gameplay and has made fights more enjoyable and fun. To that end, we’ll be leaving proc sets disabled until Update 31 launches in Q3. At that point, we will have implemented some new code so we can have more flexibility to campaign rulesets as it applies to proc sets. We’ll work on applying all this to consoles as well, and we’ll let you know when we have a date for this starting.

Now that we’ve had time to digest a lot of data and information, we have a better idea of next steps and the work needed to produce noticeable improvements to performance in Cyrodiil. This work is complex and will take a fair amount of time and effort. We are committed to improving the PvP experience, though, and we have already begun scheduling out this work. Please note that none of the scheduled work will implement any of the changes we made on PC during past tests, and at this time we don’t plan to run any additional tests.

When Update 29 launches on Monday for PC, we’ll be turning off double AP but proc sets will remain disabled as mentioned above. We appreciate the time everyone spent in Cyrodiil during these tests and all the feedback that’s been submitted.

This is horrible. You are just catering to people who play a couple hours a day. This is going to kill so many builds and everyone is just going to be running the same cookie cutter sets. At least leave the Cyrodiil sets alone and just get rid of the sets you can get in pve.

I have spent hours even days trying to get certain sets that are just useless now. What is the point of adding sets every single quarter if none of them are going to work?
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the no proxy, it just makes the skill of the players that more important than relying on set. Thanks

Proxy isnt even a set. It is a skill lmao
  • Smokythemattman
    Smokythemattman
    Soul Shriven
    Doesn't make sense to just axe 90% of the sets including the 2% that are busted. Instead of just taking a little time to rework them. I would love to see who was "heard from" and how that was conducted. The discords Im in are exploding with how bad this is not exactly the "this is great woohoo". Why not just add a proc and no proc campaign? Evaluate the actual results rather than a small subset of people you "heard" from. Most people stopped pvping during the test on pc anyways lol. Well you don't have to fix anything if there no one to fix it for. What happens to the people who have spent real money on DLCs and now cant even use sets where they spend 99% of their time? Hard to think that we all would have paid for the DLCs only to have 100s of sets made null
  • Jayserix
    Jayserix
    ✭✭✭
    I love the no proxy, it just makes the skill of the players that more important than relying on set. Thanks

Proxy isnt even a set. It is a skill lmao

He might be referring to bombers

• eternalshockcable
    eternalshockcable
    ✭✭✭
    I love the game. It's just been 7 years. Time to upgrade the servers already.
    Edited by eternalshockcable on March 5, 2021 10:52PM
    Dear Community/Followers,

I want to address recent concerns regarding allegations of inappropriate direct messages and supposed cheating. First and foremost, I want to clarify that I do not admit to any wrongdoing. However, I understand that my actions may have been perceived in a way that caused concern.

As many of you know, I am a disabled veteran who served in Iraq, and I am permanently and totally mentally disabled. My PTSD, which was formally diagnosed in 2013 after being reclassified in the DSM-5, has affected me in ways that are difficult to fully explain. While this is not an excuse, it has, at times, clouded my judgment and impacted my behavior. This condition is something I have lived with for a long time, and it is a daily challenge.

As an influencer, streamer, and game reviewer with over 300 reviews, 800 followers on Twitch, and 1,600 followers on TikTok, I understand the responsibility that comes with my platform. Our role as influencers is to set a positive example, and I want to make it clear that I do not condone actions that go against the Terms of Service (TOS) or End User License Agreements (EULA) of any platform or community. Even though societal norms have evolved, and what was once deemed acceptable behavior in the past is no longer appropriate, I am committed to adapting and ensuring that my actions reflect the values we strive for today.

I want to go forward with a commitment to better representing the disabled members of our community. I recognize that I may never fully "fit in" or be "normal," but I am dedicated to improving and learning from these experiences. It is crucial that we have more flexibility and better support services for disabled veterans like myself, so we can remain active members of our communities without being unfairly limited by our disabilities. These services would help ensure that we can make better decisions and avoid situations like this in the future.

Thank you for your understanding, and I am grateful for the continued support of this community as I work to become a better version of myself.

Sincerely,
    theshockcable
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks to everyone for participating in this latest Cyrodiil test where we disabled all proc sets. Similar to what many of you have noted in your feedback, we found this test did not impact performance in a measurable amount; if anything, there was a very slight degradation of performance at times, likely due to a higher population of players in Cyrodiil.

We’ve heard from a lot of you that despite performance largely being the same, disabling proc sets has breathed new life into PvP gameplay and has made fights more enjoyable and fun. To that end, we’ll be leaving proc sets disabled until Update 31 launches in Q3. At that point, we will have implemented some new code so we can have more flexibility to campaign rulesets as it applies to proc sets. We’ll work on applying all this to consoles as well, and we’ll let you know when we have a date for this starting.

Now that we’ve had time to digest a lot of data and information, we have a better idea of next steps and the work needed to produce noticeable improvements to performance in Cyrodiil. This work is complex and will take a fair amount of time and effort. We are committed to improving the PvP experience, though, and we have already begun scheduling out this work. Please note that none of the scheduled work will implement any of the changes we made on PC during past tests, and at this time we don’t plan to run any additional tests.

When Update 29 launches on Monday for PC, we’ll be turning off double AP but proc sets will remain disabled as mentioned above. We appreciate the time everyone spent in Cyrodiil during these tests and all the feedback that’s been submitted.

Best news I ve heard from ZOS in a long time!!!!! <3
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is unexpected.

For the next 6 months I will need to invest 1000 champion points into magsorc resistance. Will the new CP tree allow that? :#
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for pointing this out.

Indeed, my point was that not any specific proc set is bad (meaning it causes issues in PvP), one proc set doesn’t make or break anything. It’s the possibility to (ab)use multiple proc sets at the same time which causes a lot of issues in PvP right now.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Malkaran
    Malkaran
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno as I read through the previous posts I see the majority of the guild leaders and PvPers that are in NA Cyro day in and day out voice why this decision makes no sense at all. I think they have laid out valid reasons and concerns on why this decision makes no sense and should be retracted. I do not have much else to say that has not already been said by them, so I will end by saying I urge you and ZOS to listen to them when they have stated why this is a dumb decision to go through with this.
    Edited by Malkaran on March 5, 2021 11:05PM
  • Faded
    Faded
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Since this is going to be in place for many weeks, could you please add a banner or other in-game announcement somewhere to inform people who don't pay any attention to this forum or even know it exists? A new chapter is dropping, there will be an influx of brand new players, and this should be stated explicitly somewhere hard to miss, and a link provided to the explanation here of what will work and what won't.

That would be helpful. Thanks.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is going to make a lot of people very happy and a lot of people very upset.

I'm in the happy category, but I think a proc campaign and a no-proc campaign is a better way to do this.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly the vateshran destro alone makes me happy that I won't be seeing it for most of the year.... on a side note can we delete that staff from bgs too?
  • SugondeseNutz
    SugondeseNutz
    ✭✭
    This means it'll be time to gold out a set of Hundings/Beekeeper/Balorgh/Swarm Mother, or similar.

Also, stupid question, but is Medusa and Chudan not applied because they grant a buff, even unconditionally?
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is going to make a lot of people very happy and a lot of people very upset.

I'm in the happy category, but I think a proc campaign and a no-proc campaign is a better way to do this.

This a lot of happy people - why aren't they playing? PC EU has been deserted this week. When volendrung spawned today at early evening primetime, it drew a 20v20 fight. That was it. And that was the biggest battle of the day. The zone has become a ghost town due to this test and six months of it will kill the game format.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    LMAO at this point I really feel bad for ZOS. People literally COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERYTHING. First they complain about procs, then when ZOS disabled all procs including stat based procs, they complain about it. Like man there is just nothing that satisfies you guys lmao. If you want to quit, quit. It'll leave more room for people who genuinely appreciate a no proc cyrodiil environment. Yea we won't be able to use the stat sets we like, but who cares? PvP will be at its best state that it's ever been. And it's not like they're not gonna put in the work to re-enable some sets. They'll have to rework the coding and it takes time. Seriously, I can't stress enough how good this decision is. Finally I and many like-minded others can PvP without seeing a single proc on our death recap. Rejoice

Yeah. That damn War Maiden and Seducer build. I hate seeing them on my death recap too

They'll eventually allow those as they change the code. Do you expect them to just rework the code overnight? [snip]

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 6, 2021 1:39PM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

This discussion has been closed.