Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gates of Oblivion, the Year of Dagon is coming.

• SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder if this will make for more storyline about the Camoran dynasty of which Mankar Camoran was part of (sort of)?
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    Dagon is back and Tribunal won't do anything? No Coldharbor Compact? That need to be coherent, otherwise it will be another punch in the Lore.

I hope they have some sensibility towards both ESO AND TESIV lore...

You mean like they did something about molag bal and the triad(if remember the compact didnt include all of the princes so mabe the were excluded)
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So lots of said have said chapter is Skingrad but after seeing the Argonian swamps and caves in the teaser it could be that they are using the original Murkemire zone they designed and teased many years ago at QuakeCon. That zone was the size of what we would expect from a Chapter and by now they would have redone it from the adventure zone it was going to be....

But seeing Dagon is coming I would really like to see them take the route of destruction in Cryodiil from Dagon (yes like ES4) so we can get rid of the Planemeld in Cryodiil, completely transform the land with heaps of new things to explore and not to mention really shake up the PvP experience and maybe just maybe provide some performance boosts by having say 3 zones of PvP instead of one massive zone!

The new CP system is suppose to be announced so it makes sense to bring out a PvPvE chapter completely redone with a new war to fight! Tharn did hint at ending the three banners war during Elsweyr after all!

One can dream! :)

No more pvpve, its horible
    We cant have fun doing quest due to pvper ruining the thing
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was excited for Greymoor and look how that turned out. Need to know a lot more. Can I assume we are not going to get a 'lost princess' theme this year?
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the Coldharbour Compact only prevents the princes themselves from entering Nirn. Molag Bal got around that with a loophole of merging Nirn into Coldharbour lol. There is always a loophole!

My first thought was Leyawiin and the area east of it in Black Marsh. It also brought Gilraen, the Razor bearer to mind until I saw pictures. So happy we are going to get to see Eveli again!

I think they will probably tie in the ending of City of Ash 2 because Gilraen does say that Mehrunes Dagon is gonna be pissed at both us (for killing Skoria etc) and her because she still has his Razor, but isn't his pawn.

I think it is possible we will also get Skingrad because Western Skyrim/Blackreach did demonstrate they can have the new content contain more than one zone. Lyris did mention vacationing in Skingrad after all. What sort of vacation would it be without some adventuring and enemy smiting?!
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like a chapter where we can join sides with the Daedra...

I know Molag Bal said he'd give me a minion for everyone of his I killed! Dude I want my own Deadric Army!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Edited by Obsidian3 on December 11, 2020 4:53PM
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ekzorka wrote: »
    Darn, it's so disappointment.
    Why this stupid Dagon again?
    Seems like ZoS are out of ideas.

i agree. this does not look interesting.
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as it isn't PVP or dungeons only.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Definately Skingrad. At the opening scene, we are definately where the red dot is on the map.
    We see the sidearm of the river coming from the right and then look up the river that leads to Skingrad. So we are standing about where Malabal Tor would be.

130780593_417584196282189_2963578149383768013_n.png?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=kkgGf8q6CvsAX-PKnK3&_nc_ht=scontent-dus1-1.xx&oh=82210270bc520cd857cee3cbf9a228e2&oe=5FF9811C

Your red dot is right on the Senalana (Reaper's March), not in Malabal Tor.

This is very likely not true. Arenthia is too far east and when you actually go to Senalana (which is right next to Arenthia) this looks absolutely nothing like in the trailer. Of course, the trailers are always a bit wish dreaming that do not show the accurate terrain. But this is way too far of a stretch.

On the ESO map, the river is not properly indicated, but when you compare it to other maps of Cyrodiil, then the side arm of the river is not far east of Kvatch, which would be somewhere at the border between Malabal Tor and Reapers March and currently not accessible in game.

Compare the maps. Skingrad is exactly above where the River has its origin. Eso's map is cropped differently. But the origin of the river has the correct height and distance that Kvatch and Skingrad have from each other. Hence, I am very certain that the river in Reaper's Marsh is not even the same. Then look where I am standing on the map. What you suggest, would be right underneath Moonhunter Keep. This is waaay too far east to be possible. Also, the area has so nothing in common with the trailer, that even for a flimsy trailer it is too far of a stretch.

Though ESO's map is so horribly wrong compared to existing maps, that it is impossible to say for now. They just place stuff where they want anyway. We will see in the end. I am just trying to make sense. :D

130807863_3444034155715595_8101757938101828872_n.png?_nc_cat=108&ccb=2&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=O6ZKXB4-S6kAX8QiS9G&_nc_ht=scontent-muc2-1.xx&oh=c1704e1a7f125d8ac1d8b7b1eeb6bdf0&oe=5FF86FDD
    Edited by Dracane on December 11, 2020 6:20PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    Global reveal event January 21 2020 btw.... check the end of the trailer if you do not believe me.... seems we either missed it or? we doing 2020 part 2

Oh gods. Is there anything they can do without messing up?

nope seems they have to always make a mistake somewhere lol

Thank goodness there is always someone around to find it. 😘
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Foto1 wrote: »
    Its the Year of Dagon, and its going to involve Eveli Sharp-Arrow and the book is in fact the Mysterium Xarxes. Just as several of us predicted. Its going to be an interesting year.
    Here is the trailer for the year of Dagon.

this is gilren from the city of ash. I think
    Its not, Its Eveli Sharp arrow, she has the same hair style as her, the same jewel on her forehead and the same nose ring. Outfit however is much better looking.
    This is Gilraen nothing like the Bosmer Lady in the trailer.
    600px-ON-npc-Gilraen.jpg
    This is Eveli Sharp Arrow and you can see the reasons why this is the Bosmer lady in the trailer.
    ON-render-Eveli_Sharp-Arrow.jpg

you're right. but this is somehow not logical. Gilren says right now that she has a thing belonging to Dagon

I’ve spent a number of years soloing City of Ash I for a burning spellweave inferno staff, and I finally got it last week! I was planning to never set foot in that place again (but now I NEED a burning spellweave axe to complete my collection, so...) and now I find out the entire next year is going to be devoted to Dagon and the teaser shows scenes that look like City of Ash I or II...it looks like I get to spend another whole year there! 🤣

PS. I’ve been trying to get the BSW inferno staff for so long that it just became a “thing”. I had long ago tried out a BSW set using other pieces. Now, I’ve switched to the Blessed Crucible to try for a Noble Duelist lightning staff, so I’m sure when it finally drops next December we’ll find out that 2022 somehow is related to that! 🧙‍♂️
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you believe it? Dagon's in your own homeland!

:s
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    Its the Year of Dagon, and its going to involve Eveli Sharp-Arrow and the book is in fact the Mysterium Xarxes. Just as several of us predicted. Its going to be an interesting year.
    Here is the trailer for the year of Dagon.

this is gilren from the city of ash. I think
    Its not, Its Eveli Sharp arrow, she has the same hair style as her, the same jewel on her forehead and the same nose ring. Outfit however is much better looking.
    This is Gilraen nothing like the Bosmer Lady in the trailer.
    600px-ON-npc-Gilraen.jpg
    This is Eveli Sharp Arrow and you can see the reasons why this is the Bosmer lady in the trailer.
    ON-render-Eveli_Sharp-Arrow.jpg

you're right. but this is somehow not logical. Gilren says right now that she has a thing belonging to Dagon

I’ve spent a number of years soloing City of Ash I for a burning spellweave inferno staff, and I finally got it last week! I was planning to never set foot in that place again (but now I NEED a burning spellweave axe to complete my collection, so...) and now I find out the entire next year is going to be devoted to Dagon and the teaser shows scenes that look like City of Ash I or II...it looks like I get to spend another whole year there! 🤣

PS. I’ve been trying to get the BSW inferno staff for so long that it just became a “thing”. I had long ago tried out a BSW set using other pieces. Now, I’ve switched to the Blessed Crucible to try for a Noble Duelist lightning staff, so I’m sure when it finally drops next December we’ll find out that 2022 somehow is related to that! 🧙‍♂️

I bet you deconstructed a bunch of axes durring your search for the staff
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    Definately Skingrad. At the opening scene, we are definately where the red dot is on the map.
    We see the sidearm of the river coming from the right and then look up the river that leads to Skingrad. So we are standing about where Malabal Tor would be.

130780593_417584196282189_2963578149383768013_n.png?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=kkgGf8q6CvsAX-PKnK3&_nc_ht=scontent-dus1-1.xx&oh=82210270bc520cd857cee3cbf9a228e2&oe=5FF9811C

Your red dot is right on the Senalana (Reaper's March), not in Malabal Tor.

This is very likely not true. Arenthia is too far east and when you actually go to Senalana (which is right next to Arenthia) this looks absolutely nothing like in the trailer. Of course, the trailers are always a bit wish dreaming that do not show the accurate terrain. But this is way too far of a stretch.

On the ESO map, the river is not properly indicated, but when you compare it to other maps of Cyrodiil, then the side arm of the river is not far east of Kvatch, which would be somewhere at the border between Malabal Tor and Reapers March and currently not accessible in game.

Compare the maps. Skingrad is exactly above where the River has its origin. Eso's map is cropped differently. But the origin of the river has the correct height and distance that Kvatch and Skingrad have from each other. Hence, I am very certain that the river in Reaper's Marsh is not even the same. Then look where I am standing on the map. What you suggest, would be right underneath Moonhunter Keep. This is waaay too far east to be possible. Also, the area has so nothing in common with the trailer, that even for a flimsy trailer it is too far of a stretch.

Though ESO's map is so horribly wrong compared to existing maps, that it is impossible to say for now. They just place stuff where they want anyway. We will see in the end. I am just trying to make sense. :D

130807863_3444034155715595_8101757938101828872_n.png?_nc_cat=108&ccb=2&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=O6ZKXB4-S6kAX8QiS9G&_nc_ht=scontent-muc2-1.xx&oh=c1704e1a7f125d8ac1d8b7b1eeb6bdf0&oe=5FF86FDD
    ESO world map is wrong with the river, I agree. But I don't agree that the side arm is inside the border between Malabal Tor and Reaper's March. We have a gate at Baandari Trading Post that leads from one area to the other. This gate is the same gate in both zones (you can see the north and south curves of this gate turned to east on both maps). The mountain range on the border is seen on the maps of both areas too. That means that the side arm of the river is the side arm that is near Arenthia in ESO. Either Arenthia is too far west in ESO or this side arm is too far east, but they are near on the zone map.

As for the trailer, it is another question whether your dot is correct or not.

But there is another thought. Look at the 1st second of the trailer. There are two arcs. These arcs are too dark to be ayleid (though it is possible, as it is a dark night) and not quite as ayleid arc in game, but these arcs are not of khajiit or argonian origin too. Wood elves don't have stone arcs at all. So my best guess is this is the ruins of some imperial chapel (with the altar where Eveli is sleeping).
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    Dagon is back and Tribunal won't do anything? No Coldharbor Compact? That need to be coherent, otherwise it will be another punch in the Lore.

I hope they have some sensibility towards both ESO AND TESIV lore...

You mean like they did something about molag bal and the triad(if remember the compact didnt include all of the princes so mabe the were excluded)

Molag Bol and Mehrunes Dagon were part of the Compact but it did not stop them really. Dagon manifested on Nirn and destroyed Mournhold shortly after the agreement was made. Not much is known about what was agreed upon but it's "rumored" that all it does is restrict the Princes from manifesting on Nirn... but that doesn't mean they can't have a Grand Champion or helper(s) find unique ways to go around that... like someone else said... loopholes.

EDIT- Dagon was punished for breaking the truce by the way. According to lore, he was "broken on the soil of Mournhold"
    Edited by OtarTheMad on December 11, 2020 10:12PM
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESOOblivionGates.png
    "Proud purveyor of Cyrodiil Pickles."
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    @AeridanGL wrote: »
    The place on the trailer looks a bit more like part of Black Marsh, especially if you consider the presence of the Argonian with Eveli which strikes me as a guide of sorts. Maybe we won't go to Skingrad after all, and instead, to (South)Eastern Cyrodiil/Western Blackmarsh. Thoughts?

You're thinking of Leyawiin. My prediction is that this year's content will be Bravil and Nibenay, paired with Leyawiin and Blackwood. This makes sense, what with the swamps and jungles in the teaser video, along with what MIGHT be a little bit of xanmeer or ruined imperial swamp fort that we saw. Leyawiin and Blackwood I think is a shoe-in, and if they're making the first quarter crown crates this year akaviri-related, well... the akavirian imperials fled south into elsweyr, and at this time in history, Leyawiin is technically, partly, elsweyr's territory (though the alliance stuff might make that disputed between it and black marsh right now)... so I think Leyawiin and Blackwood is guaranteed. From there? It's either going to be Bravil and Nibenay, most likely, or Skingrad and the Colovian Highlands.
    "Proud purveyor of Cyrodiil Pickles."
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My guesses:

New dungeon: Leyawiin

DLC: Skingrad and Oblivion

Second new dungeon: rando Oblivion place where you have to “close shut the jaws of Oblivion”.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So we're not just redoing the plot of TES IV with the Planemeld/Molag Bal instead of the Oblivion Crisis/Mehrunes Dagon...we're literally seeing aspects of the same plot as TES IV.

Between Vvardenfell, dragons, Skyrim, and now Oblivion, I think ZOS has decided that nostalgia is where the money is at.

And to top it off we’re going to get yet another lackluster anti-climatic main story boss.
    Not only for the chapter and story dlc but also the main antagonist that they hype for a whole year....🤦‍♂️

[Edited for spelling]
    Edited by Iccotak on December 11, 2020 10:35PM
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »
    Now Argonian stuff is being hinted at in the trailers? Are we sure? If so it could also be a hint as to the follow up 2022 chapter in Black marsh.

Let’s hope so 🤞
  • VampireLordLover99
    VampireLordLover99
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    So we're not just redoing the plot of TES IV with the Planemeld/Molag Bal instead of the Oblivion Crisis/Mehrunes Dagon...we're literally seeing aspects of the same plot as TES IV.

Between Vvardenfell, dragons, Skyrim, and now Oblivion, I think ZOS has decided that nostalgia is where the money is at.

And to top it off we’re going to get yet another lackluster anti-climatic main story boss.
    Not only for the chapter and story dlc but also the main antagonist that they hype for a whole year....🤦‍♂️

[Edited for spelling]

Can't wait to light attack the final boss of the whole year to do death and not have to learn any mechanics to fight him!

Who needs challenging boss fights that are hyped up all year, right?
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

[Edited for spelling]

Can't wait to light attack the final boss of the whole year to do death and not have to learn any mechanics to fight him!

Hopefully that won't happen with Dagon.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just saw the trailer. Linking argonian vision, imperial region climate, Blackwood and Nibenay are best guesses.

Now how to link a bosmer main character to this? First bet I had, the reveal of Falinesti. Maybe it was trapped in the Deadlands all along? or somehow linked to Whisper Grove/City of Ashes story, where some Bosmer already had a pact with Dagon.
    Eveli is the new Darien?

The new champion of Meridia. Her eyes look like the symbol on Meridia's banner:

ONOfqre.jpg
    No.
    All Bosmers have this eyes, it's just a lore.

What's your source my good sir? XD

TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[Edited for spelling]

Right. ZOS already tried doing the mechanics in Elsweyr and it was awful (attack a bit, wait, activate the horn, hide under the shield, wait, attack a bit, etc.). No wonder, though, as I am yet to see good mechanics in any game. Also, combat in ESO is not that fun to want it to do more, so there is a good reason to level up and use best sets to be in combat as less time as possible.

The only thing ZOS can do to make boss encounters more interesting is add other heroes to the party before venturing forth. Running with the Companions in the end of the main quest was fun. Running with them in the end of the Elsweyr would be fun without the mechanics and with more powerful companions (they should be CP 810 and with good sets, as for now Lyris and Sai fight in trailers much better, than in game). Running with Svana was not so fun, as she was alone and was just an archer.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is Leyawiin and Bravil for Q2 and Skingrad for Q4.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Eveli is the new Darien?

The new champion of Meridia. Her eyes look like the symbol on Meridia's banner:

ONOfqre.jpg
    No.
    All Bosmers have this eyes, it's just a lore.

What's your source my good sir? XD

Character creation screen
    Edited by Nairinhe on December 12, 2020 8:14AM
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone else find this headline really peculiar?

Destruction Comes to Tamriel During ESO’s 2021 Global Reveal Event!
    Uncover Tamriel’s doom during the upcoming Global Reveal Event, live via Twitch.tv/Bethesda on Thursday, January 21!

Sure, "Destruction comes to Tamriel" could just be a different way to say "things get dangerous", but it almost sounds ... cataclysmic. As if they had bigger changes planned than usual.

Which seems unlikely, which makes it even more odd they advertise this as "we are going to destroy Tamriel".
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Filled with anticipation about the great teaser & promising texts, 21th of January noted, planning on a good beer, kiss my better half goodbye for the evening and enjoy the presentation for the new year :)
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A ‘reset’ for Tamriel 😮

Hints at hybrid friendly changes over the past year and in the future 😊😍

Swamps 😊😍

Dagon 😊😮😍

New systems 😊😮😎

Hype level over 9000!!!!!!!!!! 😇😇😇😇😇
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They are not fixing ESO because they are going to roll out a new version!
    Santa is real!
    Fennorian is making coffee on my kitchen!

And other sweet dreams. /s