Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gates of Oblivion, the Year of Dagon is coming.

• Aertew
    Aertew
    ✭✭✭✭
    My guess would be return to black marsh / murkmire for the Q1 DLC dungeons

Q2 skingrad/ manimarco return
    Q3 more badlands/imperial dungeons
    Q4 face off with dagon

The article says new worlds so I'm gonna say maybe we get a new plane to visit like we did in clockwork.

New systems my guess would be the CP rework or a new weapon type

Can't wait to light attack dagon to death after him being hyped up all year as a big bad.

Wooo

They should just do what WoW does and make them dungeon or trial bosses
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great. Time for 72 more fire sets...

Flaming Shalks and Fiery Fetcherflies
    Raging fires among endless tormented cries

Ignite your weapons and imbue your armor
    With powerful magicks of infernal power

To destroy our enemies with sacred flame
    As we traverse the Deadlands, Dagon's plane ;)
    "We're all born under the same sky and on the same earth. Therefore, we all deserve the same amount of respect."
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aertew wrote: »

Q4 face off with dagon

The article says new worlds so I'm gonna say maybe we get a new plane to visit like we did in clockwork.

Can't wait to light attack dagon to death after him being hyped up all year as a big bad.

Wooo

Because we all know how easy and comfortable it is to enjoy a quest in group content. It's fine to put optional bits of story into dungeons, but only optional ones, not the main big guy.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eveli is the new Darien?

The new champion of Meridia. Her eyes look like the symbol on Meridia's banner:

ONOfqre.jpg

Correction:

Another beautiful theory sunk.

Eveli's eyes always looked like that. I guess I never looked before.

Maybe it's like having built in cross-hairs, and that's what makes Bosmer such superb archers :s
    Edited by RaddlemanNumber7 on December 11, 2020 12:36PM
    PC EU
  • Aertew
    Aertew
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »

Q4 face off with dagon

Wooo

Because we all know how easy and comfortable it is to enjoy a quest in group content. It's fine to put optional bits of story into dungeons, but only optional ones, not the main big guy.

So you'd rather kill the main bad guy in 3 light attacks and some spammable abilities? I like ESO but playing WoW shows what dungeons should feel like. I like how they incorparate the story in dungeons and raids. Why cant ESO do that? Its a MMO first not a RPG. Also again. They can force pauses when there are characters talking? Honestly fighting some bosses in expansions and DLC felt disapointing
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For all those complaining about rehashing old games, you do realise that a lot of people didn’t actually play Oblivion & so have no/only a vague idea about its plot & contents?
    (I tried, but gave up because of the ridiculous mini games & the way the levelling system worked. And the rubbish graphics.)

Personally, would quite like more Argonian. Had enough Nord & Elf stuff for the time being.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Q4 face off with dagon

Wooo

So you'd rather kill the main bad guy in 3 light attacks and some spammable abilities? I like ESO but playing WoW shows what dungeons should feel like. I like how they incorparate the story in dungeons and raids. Why cant ESO do that? Its a MMO first not a RPG. Also again. They can force pauses when there are characters talking? Honestly fighting some bosses in expansions and DLC felt disapointing

Yes. Because I want to do quests at my own pace. Haven't you seen people rushing through overland quests, including main one, like their ex is chasing them? I'd take a story boss melting at my approach over grouping with those Sonics any day.
    ESO is an Elder Scrolls RPG first and only then MMO. Most of the story content is solo-oriented. No, all the story content is solo-oriented, but some of it leaked into dungeons, that's it.
    There're no dialogues you cannot click through or just ignore NPC talking unless there's a scripted door. Or they'd have to script-stun players on every step and that's honestly doesn't sound like fun.

Edit: quest content isn't supposed to be hard. It's about story, not about skill, it should be accessible to every potato with deeply RP build. And I think that ZOS did quite a nice job separating story and challenge.
    Also I've seen people asking for help with quest bosses, so looks like they are hard enough.
    Edited by Nairinhe on December 11, 2020 9:24AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just did CIty of Ash 2 for the first time in a while, and realized there's a potential hook for a sequel, just as there is for all the first 16 dungeons. I forget the specifics, but Gilraen says something like she has an item of Dagon's that makes her good at killing Daedra.

Of course, that doesn't mean it will ever happen. Volenfell had an obvious hook, but instead they reused Therraya without explaining what happened at the end of dungeon. (Or did I miss some explanation?) And as much as I love Vaults of Madness, I have little hope that the sequel hook will ever be used. (The Coldharbour stories seem done, no?)

Edited by FrancisCrawford on December 11, 2020 9:28AM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we're not just redoing the plot of TES IV with the Planemeld/Molag Bal instead of the Oblivion Crisis/Mehrunes Dagon...we're literally seeing aspects of the same plot as TES IV.

Between Vvardenfell, dragons, Skyrim, and now Oblivion, I think ZOS has decided that nostalgia is where the money is at.

That was my first thought too. Admittedly I've been suspicious of how quiet and absent Dagon has been throughout the events of ESO so far (ignoring the absurdity of trying to claim it's all happening at the same time, in spite of reoccurring characters and references to 'past' events) but I have to admit I was disappointed but unsurprised by the announcement.
    Faulgor wrote: »
    So we're not just redoing the plot of TES IV with the Planemeld/Molag Bal instead of the Oblivion Crisis/Mehrunes Dagon...we're literally seeing aspects of the same plot as TES IV.

Between Vvardenfell, dragons, Skyrim, and now Oblivion, I think ZOS has decided that nostalgia is where the money is at.

Before you know it we will be looking for the Staff of Chaos.

You joke, but after this they might be out of games to re-hash.
    I really can't predict where they could go in 2022.

This was my second thought and the upside to this announcement for me. They've re-hashed Morrowind, Skyrim and now Oblivion, Daggerfall was basically covered in the base game with the DC maps and Mannimarco and Arena with some dungeons and the Tharns, I don't think there's much left they can reasonably re-run from past games so there's a chance in future we'll get to see some more new and original content instead of nostalgia farming.

I realise a lot of people probably like familiar content, but my main reason for wanting to play ESO was hoping it would make more of the world available than the single-player games could or would, so seeing so much focus on re-running themes and areas we've already seen in previous games has been a big let down for me. Summerset and Elseweyr were nice additions and I was hoping for somewhere new again.

Hopefully the speculation that Black Marsh will play a big part in this chapter will prove correct, and we'll be on to somewhere new next year.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone read the Tome of Daedric Portals? It’s a lore book in the Daedric Cults section of the lore library in ESO (if you’ve picked it up). It specifically discusses The Deadlands and who was finally able to access contact to the Daedra there.

It was the Naga, Avumar. She also made a pact with the Daedra there that eventually destroyed Thorn, one of the 8 cities in Black Marsh. Many of the residence of Thorn were Barsaebic Ayleids and the Cantemiric Velothi, so elven. Also Argonian.

This, in my opinion, directly connects Black Marsh to Mehrunes Dagon and could explain the swampy argonian landscape in the trailer.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Q4 face off with dagon

Wooo

Yes. Because I want to do quests at my own pace. Haven't you seen people rushing through overland quests, including main one, like their ex is chasing them? I'd take a story boss melting at my approach over grouping with those Sonics any day.
    ESO is an Elder Scrolls RPG first and only then MMO. Most of the story content is solo-oriented. No, all the story content is solo-oriented, but some of it leaked into dungeons, that's it.
    There're no dialogues you cannot click through or just ignore NPC talking unless there's a scripted door. Or they'd have to script-stun players on every step and that's honestly doesn't sound like fun.

Edit: quest content isn't supposed to be hard. It's about story, not about skill, it should be accessible to every potato with deeply RP build. And I think that ZOS did quite a nice job separating story and challenge.
    Also I've seen people asking for help with quest bosses, so looks like they are hard enough.

We will likely get some kind of plot armor/weapon to defeat Dagon,. Like we did wiyh molag.
    Some unknown never before seen or mentioned artifact, or some other princess blessing or whatever the devs think up.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Definately Skingrad. At the opening scene, we are definately where the red dot is on the map.
    We see the sidearm of the river coming from the right and then look up the river that leads to Skingrad. So we are standing about where Malabal Tor would be.

130780593_417584196282189_2963578149383768013_n.png?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=kkgGf8q6CvsAX-PKnK3&_nc_ht=scontent-dus1-1.xx&oh=82210270bc520cd857cee3cbf9a228e2&oe=5FF9811C
    Yes, the new area will be limited by Cyrodil PvP zone to east, the river and AD zones to south, Craglorn to north and gold coast to the west.
    Part of the larger Hammerfell region who is one of the 3 main areas not in ESO.
    The other two is Skyrim and the South east with Black Marsh, Western part with Leyawiin was also part of Oblivion
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagon is back and Tribunal won't do anything? No Coldharbor Compact? That need to be coherent, otherwise it will be another punch in the Lore.

I hope they have some sensibility towards both ESO AND TESIV lore...
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eveli is the new Darien?

The new champion of Meridia. Her eyes look like the symbol on Meridia's banner:

ONOfqre.jpg
    No.
    All Bosmers have this eyes, it's just a lore.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Foto1 wrote: »
    Its the Year of Dagon, and its going to involve Eveli Sharp-Arrow and the book is in fact the Mysterium Xarxes. Just as several of us predicted. Its going to be an interesting year.
    Here is the trailer for the year of Dagon.

this is gilren from the city of ash. I think

I hadn't read this when I made my previous post.
  • MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    What buggers me is the argonian we see next to Eveli... They are at Cyrodiil's border river, though that could be either near Valenwood, or near Blackmarsh, which would explain the forest/swamp area we see in Eveli's nightmare.

And then, if they're near Skingrad, why is there a tribal argonian around ? Would that be a tie to the Murkmire DLC (which was a bit "off" after the daedric trilogy DLCs), or point to Blackmarsh in a more general way ?

Also, the cross in Eveli's eyes is normal shape for Bosmer.
    LiVbrev.png
    (image from 2014 - so you can compare)

^ And the bosmer in the trailer is clearly not Gilraen from City of Ash. Gilraen looks like that:
    900px-ON-npc-Gilraen.jpg
    Edited by MerguezMan on December 11, 2020 11:09AM
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Definately Skingrad. At the opening scene, we are definately where the red dot is on the map.
    We see the sidearm of the river coming from the right and then look up the river that leads to Skingrad. So we are standing about where Malabal Tor would be.

130780593_417584196282189_2963578149383768013_n.png?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=kkgGf8q6CvsAX-PKnK3&_nc_ht=scontent-dus1-1.xx&oh=82210270bc520cd857cee3cbf9a228e2&oe=5FF9811C

Your red dot is right on the Senalana (Reaper's March), not in Malabal Tor.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So lots of said have said chapter is Skingrad but after seeing the Argonian swamps and caves in the teaser it could be that they are using the original Murkemire zone they designed and teased many years ago at QuakeCon. That zone was the size of what we would expect from a Chapter and by now they would have redone it from the adventure zone it was going to be....

But seeing Dagon is coming I would really like to see them take the route of destruction in Cryodiil from Dagon (yes like ES4) so we can get rid of the Planemeld in Cryodiil, completely transform the land with heaps of new things to explore and not to mention really shake up the PvP experience and maybe just maybe provide some performance boosts by having say 3 zones of PvP instead of one massive zone!

The new CP system is suppose to be announced so it makes sense to bring out a PvPvE chapter completely redone with a new war to fight! Tharn did hint at ending the three banners war during Elsweyr after all!

One can dream! :)
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tharn did hint at ending the three banners war during Elsweyr after all!

Yeah, that turned out well, didn’t it?
    Edited by Hallothiel on December 11, 2020 11:48AM
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Great. Time for 72 more fire sets...

Upon logging in do 108,112 fire damage to all enemies in a 36 metre radius.

If the current meta is any indication...
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Q4 face off with dagon

Wooo

I get why they have the main antagonist in quests, but I think the level scaling should surpass cp160 for open world content. I never quest because as described the epic moments are ruined by wiping out the entire army with one AOE during the dramatic conclusion. I have no problem with the story unfolding in quests this makes it accessible to everyone it is the difficulty that needs analysing imo.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uhhh... shouldn't it be Jan 20th, 2021?... not 2020...
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Q4 face off with dagon

Wooo

Groups dont work when we talk about lore, quests etc. They just dont because everyone is in a rush to do sth and leave. Other people want to take their time and enjoy the boss area, examne the boss itself or do other stuff. Also it forces developers to write a story that will include a final battle with many "heroes".

Imho, the best solution to the ridiculously weak quest bosses would be before you enter the boss area, to have an option for an easy, medium or hard mode.

Because quest boss difficulty is a joke right now. We get informed about a "great danger that will consume Tamriel", only to face someone that will die after 30secs of pew pew.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    Dagon is back and Tribunal won't do anything? No Coldharbor Compact? That need to be coherent, otherwise it will be another punch in the Lore.

Whelp, Molag Bal also agreed to the Coldharbor Compact, and I don't see The Tribunal helping the Vestige smite him for his intervention in the Planemeld.

So it does seem to be limited to direct manifestations. Like the Dark Anchors, the Oblivion Gates were summoned by cultists, and not a full manifestation of Mehrunes Dagon. So its likely he's using the same loophole as Molag Bal and won't fully manifest on Nirn, but instead pull us into the Deadlands for the showdown.

(Also, directly manifesting on Nirn is sooo TES IV.)
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »

I mean, Dagon himself broke the contract just a few months after signing it when he invaded Mournhold in 1E2920.

But so far, we don't know if Dagon will try to take Nirn in this new chapter. There are other means and machinations at his disposal.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Kajuratus
    Kajuratus
    ✭✭✭
    Well, this is aimed for those who played Oblivion - that gets them quite a lot of Dagon in total. And he's boring.
    I'd rather see Vaermina because there's not much of her or Hermaeus Mora because he's cool.

The sad thing is, he doesn't have to be boring. Dagon is the Daedric Prince of revolution, change and ambition, not just destruction. They don't even need to have him as an antagonist
    Edited by Kajuratus on December 11, 2020 1:15PM
    So the Dark Elves have weird alien architecture, where people live in mushroom towers and the shell of a giant crab, but the High Elves, the pinnacle of technology, the most magically advanced race in Tamriel, are still stuck in slightly pretty, fairly tall stone buildings? Not even a hint of a glass city? Are stainless glass windows really enough to claim that a city is made of glass?
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are all wrong, we see Leyawiin, swamps and Argonians should have hinted that for you, foolish mortals....
    "In fact, I’ve met more PVEers that are worse at PvE than PvPers."
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You are all wrong, we see Leyawiin, swamps and Argonians should have hinted that for you, foolish mortals....

I am no lore guy, but they are clearly travelling through a swamp and there is a lizard man! I say the chapter will be located southeast near Lizard land!!!
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about some performance first
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Q4 face off with dagon

Wooo

Absolutly not
    You should be able to complete the main quest of zone dlc without wating your time in a dungeon or a trial like currently
    But i aggry they could make final boss harder