Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gates of Oblivion, the Year of Dagon is coming.

• Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ekzorka wrote: »
    Darn, it's so disappointment.
    Why this stupid Dagon again?
    Seems like ZoS are out of ideas.

@Ekzorka take literally any other Daedric prince and you could claim the same thing. Dagon has only really been in Auridon and City of Ash 1&2. Even Periyte had more content than him. They had to come back to Dagon at some point.
    Edited by Ratzkifal on December 11, 2020 3:09AM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Addendum, this time in favor of the Nibenay valley:

Bravil's technically in the game - you can see it on the Cyrodiil map. In Oblivion though, there's nothing special south of there until Leyawiin - a few generic ruins and caves, and one village of superstitious Khajiit.

...but on the other side of the Niben? The Cyrodiil map stops at the Corbolo river. There are a few more interesting (seen in quests) Ayleid ruins along that side doing towards Black Marsh.

And a cave. Sundercliff. Where the Mehrunes' Razor DLC was.

I still think it's more likely that Colovia'll be the chapter, but I'm very interested to see where they're going to be going. Considering the Argonian stuff, they could also be trying to tie Cyrodiilic Collections in as well, and giving a connection to Murkmire's story/setting - I wonder if this is a leadup to having Gideon come in at some point, which is just across the border from Leyawiin (Gideon was supposed to be Murkmire before they moved that to Lilmoth).
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definately Skingrad. At the opening scene, we are definately where the red dot is on the map.
    We see the sidearm of the river coming from the right and then look up the river that leads to Skingrad. So we are standing about where Malabal Tor would be.

130780593_417584196282189_2963578149383768013_n.png?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=kkgGf8q6CvsAX-PKnK3&_nc_ht=scontent-dus1-1.xx&oh=82210270bc520cd857cee3cbf9a228e2&oe=5FF9811C
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Ekzorka wrote: »
    Darn, it's so disappointment.
    Why this stupid Dagon again?
    Seems like ZoS are out of ideas.

@Ekzorka take literally any other Daedric prince and you could claim the same thing. Dagon has only really been in Auridon and City of Ash 1&2. Even Periyte had more content than him. They had to come back to Dagon at some point.

Well, this is aimed for those who played Oblivion - that gets them quite a lot of Dagon in total. And he's boring.
    I'd rather see Vaermina because there's not much of her or Hermaeus Mora because he's cool. Or both. Oh, wait, that would be basically Bloodborne.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Addendum, this time in favor of the Nibenay valley:

Bravil's technically in the game - you can see it on the Cyrodiil map. In Oblivion though, there's nothing special south of there until Leyawiin - a few generic ruins and caves, and one village of superstitious Khajiit.

...but on the other side of the Niben? The Cyrodiil map stops at the Corbolo river. There are a few more interesting (seen in quests) Ayleid ruins along that side doing towards Black Marsh.

And a cave. Sundercliff. Where the Mehrunes' Razor DLC was.

I still think it's more likely that Colovia'll be the chapter, but I'm very interested to see where they're going to be going. Considering the Argonian stuff, they could also be trying to tie Cyrodiilic Collections in as well, and giving a connection to Murkmire's story/setting - I wonder if this is a leadup to having Gideon come in at some point, which is just across the border from Leyawiin (Gideon was supposed to be Murkmire before they moved that to Lilmoth).

Also a mount in a crown crate mentions Gideon as well. The guar one its first hint we could see BM in 2022. However we won't know for sure until we play the first dungeon dlc which always drop the next years province in one of its dungeons. I forget whihc one of them two dungeons of this year it was buys there was an Imperial mages tower line or something and I knew we would be going back to Cyrodil.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That trailer was so very well produced! I loved it, the music was epic as usual!
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    take literally any other Daedric prince and you could claim the same thing. Dagon has only really been in Auridon and City of Ash 1&2. Even Periyte had more content than him. They had to come back to Dagon at some point.
    Was there not enough of his invasions in the lore?
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That trailer was so very well produced! I loved it, the music was epic as usual!

What uhhh... what trailer were you watching cause it pretty much was the most boring and least-info trailer yet. I am assuming that is like half of the trailer or something.
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    LIME GREEN ORCS OH MY!
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also am taking clues from the ESL cards Jaws of Oblivion.
    Many mentions of Blackwood...hint
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LIME GREEN ORCS OH MY!

Granny smith apple orcs.
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azyle1 wrote: »

What uhhh... what trailer were you watching cause it pretty much was the most boring and least-info trailer yet. I am assuming that is like half of the trailer or something.

Its called a teaser. Its not meant to really tell us much. Just kick off the hype.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it's interesting. Not a ton of him in this game so it'd be cool, maybe even get to go to his realm. And of course, he was going to invade, he is the daedric prince of destruction. As for it being a call back to Oblivion... so? It's called Marketing and also it wouldn't matter when they introduced this DLC people would probably say the same thing.

I am sure by the time this game is done we will have had content related to all the Daedric Princes... maybe even a few times. Only so many big bads in Elder Scrolls.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oblivion was my first TES game, but after hearing how many times Dagon is the villain... idk. Be great to defeat him again, but I wonder just how many planes we'll be able to visit with this expansion. Summerset and The Reach included traveling to quite a few, which I hope to see more of!
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Part of me hopes this isn't going to be an invasion proper, but a setup for Oblivion and the origin of the Mythic Dawn and Mysterium Xarxes. I mean of course Dagon is the type to take advantage of a chance to wreck stuff, but that'll be more of a hobby he's enjoying in between planning.
  • Foto1
    Foto1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its the Year of Dagon, and its going to involve Eveli Sharp-Arrow and the book is in fact the Mysterium Xarxes. Just as several of us predicted. Its going to be an interesting year.
    Here is the trailer for the year of Dagon.

this is gilren from the city of ash. I think
    PC/EU CP 1200+
    Artaxerks stamina dk khajiit
    Wayna Qhapaq magicka dk argonian
    Rorekur stamina sorc orc
    Maria de Medici magicka sorc breton
    Cordeilla stamina warden wood elf
    Quienn Gwendolen magicka warden high elf
    Nefertari stamina necro khajiit
    Boadicea Icenian magicka templar dark elf
    Clarice de Medici healer nb breton
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Foto1 wrote: »
    Its the Year of Dagon, and its going to involve Eveli Sharp-Arrow and the book is in fact the Mysterium Xarxes. Just as several of us predicted. Its going to be an interesting year.

Its not, Its Eveli Sharp arrow, she has the same hair style as her, the same jewel on her forehead and the same nose ring. Outfit however is much better looking.
    This is Gilraen nothing like the Bosmer Lady in the trailer.
    600px-ON-npc-Gilraen.jpg
    This is Eveli Sharp Arrow and you can see the reasons why this is the Bosmer lady in the trailer.
    ON-render-Eveli_Sharp-Arrow.jpg

Edited by Thevampirenight on December 11, 2020 5:42AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Foto1
    Foto1
    ✭✭✭✭

Its not, Its Eveli Sharp arrow, she has the same hair style as her, the same jewel on her forehead and the same nose ring. Outfit however is much better looking.
    600px-ON-npc-Gilraen.jpg
    This is Eveli Sharp Arrow and you can see the reasons why this is the Bosmer lady in the trailer.

you're right. but this is somehow not logical. Gilren says right now that she has a thing belonging to Dagon
    PC/EU CP 1200+
    Artaxerks stamina dk khajiit
    Wayna Qhapaq magicka dk argonian
    Rorekur stamina sorc orc
    Maria de Medici magicka sorc breton
    Cordeilla stamina warden wood elf
    Quienn Gwendolen magicka warden high elf
    Nefertari stamina necro khajiit
    Boadicea Icenian magicka templar dark elf
    Clarice de Medici healer nb breton
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope it's not gonna be set mainly in Blackmarsh. Nothing against argonian homeland but I find it boring. Never even finished the DLC as I got bored running around a swamp
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭

600px-ON-npc-Gilraen.jpg

you're right. but this is somehow not logical. Gilren says right now that she has a thing belonging to Dagon

It doesn't mean you wont see Gilren. Especially if the end of City of Ash 2 plays a part in this Chapter. Just that Eveli is likely going to have a major part in the plot.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • VoxAdActa
    VoxAdActa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    I'd rather see Vaermina because there's not much of her or Hermaeus Mora because he's cool.

One day, my girl Namira will get her own DLC.
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long will it take to fix it? ;)
  • VampireLordLover99
    VampireLordLover99
    ✭✭✭✭
    My guess would be return to black marsh / murkmire for the Q1 DLC dungeons

Q2 skingrad/ manimarco return
    Q3 more badlands/imperial dungeons
    Q4 face off with dagon

The article says new worlds so I'm gonna say maybe we get a new plane to visit like we did in clockwork.

New systems my guess would be the CP rework or a new weapon type

Can't wait to light attack dagon to death after him being hyped up all year as a big bad.

Wooo
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    VoxAdActa wrote: »
    I'd rather see Vaermina because there's not much of her or Hermaeus Mora because he's cool.

Namira has all things dro-m'Athra and I'd count Markarth too. But something more directly Namira-related would be nice, yes.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am teased enough

Put it on sale already lol

:love:
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VoxAdActa wrote: »

I want to co-sign this, everyone needs a little bit more Namira in their lives.

If they really wanted to go all-out and assemble the three Skyrim "cursed' playstyles, there's still even room for cannibalism.

I would love a DLC focused on the lower social strata of Tamriel (a welcome change of pace from kings, queens, canonreeves) and Namira's role as the patron of beggars, the diseased, the despised, and the outcast.

Failing that, more Hermaeus Mora is always a good thing.
  • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like a chapter where we can join sides with the Daedra...
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
  • Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait to light attack dagon to death after him being hyped up all year as a big bad.

Wooo
    Epic content.
    dagon.gif
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AT LAST!!!!!

Oblivion is in my top 3 favorite games (alongside Gothic 2 and Baldur's Gate), absolutely loved the story and for the first time since I ve started playing ESO, I admit I am so hyped and will definitely pre-order.

Edited by gatekeeper13 on December 11, 2020 8:19AM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great. Time for 72 more fire sets...
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX